From: owner-pre48-list-digest ford-trucks.com (pre48-list-digest)
To: pre48-list-digest ford-trucks.com
Subject: pre48-list-digest V2 #113
Reply-To: pre61-list ford-trucks.com
Sender: owner-pre48-list-digest ford-trucks.com
Errors-To: owner-pre48-list-digest ford-trucks.com
Precedence: bulk


pre48-list-digest Sunday, November 14 1999 Volume 02 : Number 113



=======================================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1947 and Older trucks and vans
Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To unsubscribe, send email to:
majordomo ford-trucks.com
with the words "unsubscribe pre47-list-digest" in the body of the
message.
=======================================================================
In this issue:

FTE Pre48 - Re: 39 Headlight buckets
Re: FTE Pre48 - Electric wipers?
FTE Pre48 - Re: 39 Headlights
Re: FTE Pre48 - Re: 39 Headlight buckets
Re: FTE Pre48 - Electric wipers?

=======================================================================

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 09:02:21 -0500
From: "Thomas J. Teixeira"
Subject: FTE Pre48 - Re: 39 Headlight buckets

At 10:00 PM 11/12/1999 -0600, Jennifer Chambers wrote:
>OK
>Here goes again, I need help with the headlights on my 39 pickup. I do not
>believe that I have all of the hardware needed. I have an inner and outer
>ring and they apparantly sandwich the headlight to hold it but I don't have
>any springs or clips or screws to hold tension on it. Can anyone help me
>out and explain how this is supposed to work. I also am looking for the
>chrome outer bezels, and some other headlight parts. Is there a company
>that carries any of these parts? Thanks for the help

According to the Dennis Carpenter catalog, 35 to 39 are the same.
Sacramento Vintage Ford's catalog has some nice assembly diagrams.

As I recall, there is an outer chrome trim ring. The glass lense is held
onto the inside of this with some spring clips. There is a cork seal that
goes between the glass and the reflector, and some different springs that
go between the reflector and the headlight bucket. The trim ring is held
onto the bucket with a latch assembly. The latch clips onto two tangs on
the headlight bucket.

Most of this stuff is in the Sacramento Vintage Ford catalog, but they
don't have the buckets or trim rings. I don't know of anyone making
reproduction buckets for these years, but there are some available for
earlier years or "generic" style.

Tom Teixeira '35 pickup http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://world.std.com/~tjt/35Pickup.html

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 10:55:11 -0600
From: Don Lewis
Subject: Re: FTE Pre48 - Electric wipers?

Were they universals or made to fit?


At 05:56 AM 11/10/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I got a decent set from J.C. Whitney for my 49 IHC.
>----- Original Message -----
>From: Don Lewis
>To:
>Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 1999 9:17 PM
>Subject: FTE Pre48 - Electric wipers?
>
>
> > I want to replace the vacuum wipers on my '46 with electrics. I've seen
> > electrics for F-1's and up but not for pre-48's. Does anyone know of a
>source?
> >
> >
> > Don Lewis
> > '46 1/2 ton
> > == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
> >
>
>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

Don Lewis
'46 1/2 ton
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 13:06:23 -0600
From: Don Lewis
Subject: FTE Pre48 - Re: 39 Headlights

I have been unable to locate a parts list/view for a '39 but C&G Early Ford
Parts (760-740-8700), Sacramento Vintage Ford (800-482-3444) and Macs
(800-828-7948) have various parts, like lens to rim retainer clips, lenses
& gaskets, reflectors, reflector mounting clips and other bits for '39's.
Didn't see any chrome rims but my catalogs are a couple of years old so
maybe they've added more '39 stuff.


At 10:00 PM 11/12/99 -0600, you wrote:
>OK
>Here goes again, I need help with the headlights on my 39 pickup. I do not
>believe that I have all of the hardware needed. I have an inner and outer
>ring and they apparantly sandwich the headlight to hold it but I don't have
>any springs or clips or screws to hold tension on it. Can anyone help me
>out and explain how this is supposed to work. I also am looking for the
>chrome outer bezels, and some other headlight parts. Is there a company
>that carries any of these parts? Thanks for the help
>-Chris
>
>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

Don Lewis
'46 1/2 ton
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 16:51:47 -0800
From: sainey impop.bellatlantic.net
Subject: Re: FTE Pre48 - Re: 39 Headlight buckets

Try Ray Helger's world-o-car parts at

snail mail email

Ray's Antiques and Parts
31 Willow Ave. rayh wsii.com
Little Compton, RI 02837

Phone Website

(401) 635-4849.
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.wsii.com/RHODEISL/users/helgers/

I've use him several times, and he always gives exactly what he says for a fair
price.


Thomas J. Teixeira wrote:

> At 10:00 PM 11/12/1999 -0600, Jennifer Chambers wrote:
> >OK
> >Here goes again, I need help with the headlights on my 39 pickup. I do not
> >believe that I have all of the hardware needed. I have an inner and outer
> >ring and they apparantly sandwich the headlight to hold it but I don't have
> >any springs or clips or screws to hold tension on it. Can anyone help me
> >out and explain how this is supposed to work. I also am looking for the
> >chrome outer bezels, and some other headlight parts. Is there a company
> >that carries any of these parts? Thanks for the help
>
> According to the Dennis Carpenter catalog, 35 to 39 are the same.
> Sacramento Vintage Ford's catalog has some nice assembly diagrams.
>
> As I recall, there is an outer chrome trim ring. The glass lense is held
> onto the inside of this with some spring clips. There is a cork seal that
> goes between the glass and the reflector, and some different springs that
> go between the reflector and the headlight bucket. The trim ring is held
> onto the bucket with a latch assembly. The latch clips onto two tangs on
> the headlight bucket.
>
> Most of this stuff is in the Sacramento Vintage Ford catalog, but they
> don't have the buckets or trim rings. I don't know of anyone making
> reproduction buckets for these years, but there are some available for
> earlier years or "generic" style.
>
> Tom Teixeira '35 pickup http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://world.std.com/~tjt/35Pickup.html
>
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 02:49:38 GMT
From: "Tom Martinez"
Subject: Re: FTE Pre48 - Electric wipers?

Universal. Very similar to the originals used in many old trucks of the era.

Tom


>
Were they universals or made to fit?
>
>
>At 05:56 AM 11/10/99 -0700, you wrote:
>>I got a decent set from J.C. Whitney for my 49 IHC.
>>----- Original Message -----
>>From: Don Lewis
>>To:
>>Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 1999 9:17 PM
>>Subject: FTE Pre48 - Electric wipers?
>>
>>
>> > I want to replace the vacuum wipers on my '46 with electrics. I've seen

>> > electrics for F-1's and up but not for pre-48's. Does anyone know of a

>>source?
>> >
>> >
>> > Don Lewis
>> > '46 1/2 ton
>> > == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

>> >
>>
>>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>
>Don Lewis
>'46 1/2 ton
>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>
>
- ------------This message was sent using Access1 Mail! http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.access1.net
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.