From: owner-perf-list-digest ford-trucks.com (perf-list-digest)
To: perf-list-digest ford-trucks.com
Subject: perf-list-digest V2 #312
Reply-To: perf-list ford-trucks.com
Sender: owner-perf-list-digest ford-trucks.com
Errors-To: owner-perf-list-digest ford-trucks.com
Precedence: bulk


perf-list-digest Sunday, December 5 1999 Volume 02 : Number 312



=======================================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts - Performance
Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To unsubscribe, send email to:
majordomo ford-trucks.com
with the words "unsubscribe perf-list-digest" in the body of the
message.
=======================================================================
In this issue:

FTE Perf - almost 360
FTE Perf - tires
FTE Perf - RE: Auto X Explorer
Re: FTE Perf - RE: Auto X Explorer
FTE Perf - Sick 460
FTE Perf - Re: 351 almost a 360
Re: FTE Perf - RE: Auto X Explorer
Re: [FTE Perf - tires]
Re: FTE Perf - Sick 460
Re: FTE Perf - Sick 460
Re: [FTE Perf - tires]
Re: [FTE Perf - tires]

=======================================================================

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 08:28:48 -0600
From: "David Claflin"
Subject: FTE Perf - almost 360

If Ford can call a 4.9 liter a 5.0 liter and the 427 was really a 425 if you
did the math, I think you can go ahead and call it a 360

Dave

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 12:30:37 -0600
From: Jordan Dean
Subject: FTE Perf - tires

Hey all, I have a 93 explorer that I like to autocross (ok ok blah blah its
a truck not a racecar, hey, I'm in college and you run what ya
brung :-) Anyway, I'm having a set of 95 cobra rims sent to me (got em
cheap) my question is, the rims are coming with tires, since these aren't
going to be on the truck that much at all, would it be ok for me to race on
them, or would it do Real Bad things?
-Jordan

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 14:16:49 -0500
From: J Cope
Subject: FTE Perf - RE: Auto X Explorer

>>Hey all, I have a 93 explorer that I like to autocross

The rims aside, I tried to get a SCCA membership with my Bronco II, and they
told me I wouldn't be able to race because the center of gravity was too
high... If you find someplace that lets you use your Explorer, please let
me know...
Thanks!

JC

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 14:59:04 -0600
From: Jordan Dean
Subject: Re: FTE Perf - RE: Auto X Explorer

At 02:16 PM 12/4/99 -0500, you wrote:
> >>Hey all, I have a 93 explorer that I like to autocross
>
>The rims aside, I tried to get a SCCA membership with my Bronco II, and they
>told me I wouldn't be able to race because the center of gravity was too
>high... If you find someplace that lets you use your Explorer, please let
>me know...
>Thanks!
>
>JC
Already taken care of, I don't know where you live, but at Texas A&M
university we have the largest school sponsored sports car club. Basically
you can auto-x whatever you want here (about 5 races/semester) as long as
it doesn't have a lift kit.
-Jordan

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 14:49:40 -0700
From: William A Whited
Subject: FTE Perf - Sick 460

Well I got some bad news the 77 I just got appears
to have a bad rod in the 460, my mechanic which I trust
pretty well, wants to have it rebuilt. He wants to
pull her out and check everything out and make sure all
is when in the bottom end, the heads were recently
redone before I purchased her. Since he is going to
have her apart we want to put a good rv cam in her.
She has a C-6 and I believe 3:23 rear end. I'm not too
worried about fuel mileage just as long I get around 10
mph, I'd like something with some rumble but still
drive able. What do you guys think? TIA

- --
William A Whited
74 F100 RANGER SUPERCAB 390
77 F150 CUSTOM 460
EL Paso, TX
SEMPER FI


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 17:03:26 -0500
From: Janet Kelly
Subject: FTE Perf - Re: 351 almost a 360

Bill

I am building a 351W thats sounds very similar to yours. I am interested
in knowing more about the StreetDamper (non SFI approved version of
Vibratech's Fluidamper). Can you post me off the list and let me know
where and how much you paid for it? I missed your earlier post, what cam
did you go with? This engine will go into a 68 Merc step side 1/2 ton,
C4, 3.25 rears, so it may be similar in weight etc.

Thanks in advance.

Jim
68 Merc M100
67 Ford F100
56 Merc M100
56 Ford F100
59 Ford Retractable Convertible
59 Lincoln Continental Convertible
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 17:02:51 -0600
From: Jordan Dean
Subject: Re: FTE Perf - RE: Auto X Explorer

At 02:59 PM 12/4/99 -0600, you wrote:
>At 02:16 PM 12/4/99 -0500, you wrote:
>> >>Hey all, I have a 93 explorer that I like to autocross
>>
>>The rims aside, I tried to get a SCCA membership with my Bronco II, and they
>>told me I wouldn't be able to race because the center of gravity was too
>>high... If you find someplace that lets you use your Explorer, please let
>>me know...
>>Thanks!
>>
>>JC
>Already taken care of, I don't know where you live, but at Texas A&M
>university we have the largest school sponsored sports car
>club. Basically you can auto-x whatever you want here (about 5
>races/semester) as long as it doesn't have a lift kit.
> -Jordan
Also I meant to add for the benifit of anyone around here (we have members
that come for the auto-x events from both houston and Austin. You
DON'T have to be a member to race, and you DON'T have to go/ have gone to
A&M to join the club.
-Jordan
if anyone wants more info they can email me off list.

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: 4 Dec 99 20:43:27 EST
From: Tim Turner
Subject: Re: [FTE Perf - tires]

Jordan Dean wrote:
> Hey all, I have a 93 explorer that I like to autocross =


> Anyway, I'm having a set of 95 cobra rims sent to me (got em =

> cheap) my question is, the rims are coming with tires, since these are=
n't =

> going to be on the truck that much at all, would it be ok for me to rac=
e on

> them, or would it do Real Bad things?

It'll do bad things to the class you'll be forced to run in! Non-stock w=
heels
will put you into the "Street Prepared" catagory... :-{ Of course this g=
ives
you an excuse for exhaust and induction mods since they're allowed in xSP=
=2E =



Tim

____________________________________________________________________
Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://webm=
ail.netscape.com.
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 18:56:29 -0800
From: George Miller
Subject: Re: FTE Perf - Sick 460

Are you going to run stock carb/intake manifold/ignition/exhaust system?

George Miller

William A Whited wrote:
>
> Well I got some bad news the 77 I just got appears
> to have a bad rod in the 460, my mechanic which I trust
> pretty well, wants to have it rebuilt. He wants to
> pull her out and check everything out and make sure all
> is when in the bottom end, the heads were recently
> redone before I purchased her. Since he is going to
> have her apart we want to put a good rv cam in her.
> She has a C-6 and I believe 3:23 rear end. I'm not too
> worried about fuel mileage just as long I get around 10
> mph, I'd like something with some rumble but still
> drive able. What do you guys think? TIA
>
> --
> William A Whited
> 74 F100 RANGER SUPERCAB 390
> 77 F150 CUSTOM 460
> EL Paso, TX
> SEMPER FI
>
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 20:45:57 -0700
From: William A Whited
Subject: Re: FTE Perf - Sick 460

The intake is an Eldebrock performer, carb is a holley 750 Quadrajet, Mallory
ProMaster Coil, and exhaust is 2 1/2.

George Miller wrote:

> Are you going to run stock carb/intake manifold/ignition/exhaust system?
>
> George Miller
>
> William A Whited wrote:
> >
> > Well I got some bad news the 77 I just got appears
> > to have a bad rod in the 460, my mechanic which I trust
> > pretty well, wants to have it rebuilt. He wants to
> > pull her out and check everything out and make sure all
> > is when in the bottom end, the heads were recently
> > redone before I purchased her. Since he is going to
> > have her apart we want to put a good rv cam in her.
> > She has a C-6 and I believe 3:23 rear end. I'm not too
> > worried about fuel mileage just as long I get around 10
> > mph, I'd like something with some rumble but still
> > drive able. What do you guys think? TIA
> >
> > --
> > William A Whited
> > 74 F100 RANGER SUPERCAB 390
> > 77 F150 CUSTOM 460
> > EL Paso, TX
> > SEMPER FI
> >
> > == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

- --
William A Whited
74 F100 RANGER SUPERCAB 390
77 F150 CUSTOM 460
EL Paso, TX
SEMPER FI


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 22:09:12 -0600
From: Jordan Dean
Subject: Re: [FTE Perf - tires]

>
>It'll do bad things to the class you'll be forced to run in! Non-stock wheels
>will put you into the "Street Prepared" catagory... :-{ Of course this gives
>you an excuse for exhaust and induction mods since they're allowed in xSP.
>
>
>Tim

Not true, you see there are no truck/suv SCCA classes, therefor we all (the
truck / suv guys) always run in the same class (b/c no matter what all the
other classes would whoop us)

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 01:17:54 EST
From: FLR150 AOL.COM
Subject: Re: [FTE Perf - tires]

In a message dated 12/4/99 11:11:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jordansdean yahoo.com writes:


(the
truck / suv guys) always run in the same class (b/c no matter what all the
other classes would whoop us)
>>
Jordan,
Ahhh...how mistaken you are. I know of at least 3 or 4 Lightning F150's that
....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.