Return-Path:
From: fordtrucks-digest-request lofcom.com
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 08:42:46 -0400 (EDT)
X-Authentication-Warning: t3.media3.net: lof set sender to fordtrucks-digest-request lofcom.com using -f
Subject: fordtrucks-digest Digest V97 #119
X-Loop: fordtrucks-digest lofcom.com
X-Mailing-List: archive/volume97/119
X-Distributed-By: http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
To: fordtrucks-digest lofcom.com
Reply-To: fordtrucks lofcom.com

------------------------------

Content-Type: text/plain

fordtrucks-digest DigestVolume 97 : Issue 119

Today's Topics:

Re: Cab mounts [marko helix.net (marko maryniak) ]
rearend [marko helix.net (marko maryniak) ]
Re: Disc brake conversion problems ["Jim Strigas"
Engine label ('74 390) [John Strauss
302 swap [Schottsweb webtv.net (George Schott]
9" positraction unit [jniolon uss.com ]
Re: 302 swap ["James A. Doty" ]
9" rear identification ["Lee Hardy" ]
Re: 9" positraction unit ["Lee Hardy" ]
Re: Disc brake conversion problems [MadPoodle aol.com ]
Re: 9" positraction unit ["George Shepherd"
Re: Disc brake conversion problems ["George Shepherd"
Re: Cab mounts [reedg ns2.cetlink.net ]
Re: Disc brake conversion problems [Ken Payne ]
Re: rearend [Ken Payne ]
Re: Disc brake conversion problems ["JAMES MERLO"
Re: Disc brake conversion problems ["Terry R Sherman"
Re: Disc brake conversion problems [Daver ]
Re: IMPORTANT ADMIN NEWS, PLEASE REA ["Jim Strigas"
ID 390? [Doug Neely
Re: 9" positraction unit [Daver ]

Administrivia:

____________________________________________________________________
Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
For help send mail with subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks-digest-request lofcom.com
Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com
____________________________________________________________________


------------------------------

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 08:19:40 -0700
From: marko helix.net (marko maryniak)
To: fordtrucks lofcom.com
Subject: Re: Cab mounts
Message-Id:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

>I am in search of a rear cab mount (frame piece) for a 1977-78 F-150 shortbed
>4x4. I am looking for junkyard listings that hopefully have rust free parts.
>Thank you.
>
>
>____________________________________________________________________
>Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
>For help send mail with subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks-request lofcom.com
>Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com
>

AOL is a big place.... where are you?

I would suggest "Hoctor's Southwest" in Phoenix, AZ. Talk to a guy named Ed
there, real nice guy. Their number can be found thru the internet yellow pages


marko in vancouver
marko helix.net
71 f250 4x4

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 08:26:58 -0700
From: marko helix.net (marko maryniak)
To: fordtrucks lofcom.com
Subject: rearend
Message-Id:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Hey guys,

I have a problem with my truck, which has been around for some time. I have
a 71 f250 4x4 with a Dana 44 front and 60 rear, I THINK with a limited slip.
The reason I think this is that sometimes on a gravel road if I stomp on it
both wheels spin on the back.

Whenever I accelerate from a standing start in 2wd, I get a significant
rattle, like a chattering clutch or something. This also happens up a very
steep hill at very slow speeds (1mph to 10mph). If I rev it up and dump the
clutch there's no chatter. There's no chatter at all when I accelerate from
a standing start in 4wd tho.

I am sure it isn't the clutch, for two reasons:

-there is no chatter in 4x, only in 2x
-i have changed clutches twice now with no improvement at all

I read somewhere that this could be caused by a lack of proper lubricant in
the rearend for ltd slips. The other thing I'm thinking, is it possibly the
transfer case mounts are loose and the thing is just shaking forward and
back? How tightly mounted shud the transfer case be? If you crawl under
the truck and push on the thing from the bottom, can you wiggle the transfer
case from front to back normally?


awaiting answers, thanks in advance,


marko in vancouver
marko helix.net
71 f250 4x4

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 08:37:21 -0700
From: "Jim Strigas"
To:
Subject: Re: Disc brake conversion problems
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I think your right. The proportioning valve is for
supplying more force to the front brakes. So you should
still have brakes (I think). Do the rear brakes need to be
adjusted? They may have worked before and been out of
adjustment, but the increased volume of the calipers may
have put it over the limit!
If you follow the link to our Ford Truck page in your
signature you may find... Sorry! It's the only part of me
that's smart!
Later!

Jim Strigas
jstrigas worldnet.att.net

Beer, it isn't just for breakfast any more.

----------
> From: Ken Payne
> To: fordtrucks lofcom.com
> Subject: Disc brake conversion problems
> Date: Friday, July 18, 1997 5:51 AM
>
> This past week I've helped a friend with a 68 F100
> convert over to discs. Its been a multitude of
> problems!
>
> It was a power brake 4 drum system. First, we put
> a new '76 master cylinder on it and bled the system
> last week. It stopped just fine.
>
> This week we changed the spindles over, the 76 stock
> flexible hoses weren't long enough to allow the wheels
> to turn much. Stock is 19 inchs, we needed 24. Got
> custom hoses (68 bucks!) and installed them. Bled the
> system, aligned it...
>
> No brakes. The peddle sinks to the floor and the
> last 1/4-1/2 inch has brakes. Pumping really doesn't
> help. There is **no** air in the system, we bled
> it twice to make sure. It does not yet have a disc
> brake proportioning valve installed, that was being
> saved for this weekend. Where's the problem? The
> lack of a valve? I'm at a loss! I don't think its
> the vacuum booster or master cylinder as they worked
> fine before we changed over to discs.
>
> Ken
>
>
>
_____________________________________________________________
_______
> Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
> For help send mail with subject "HELP"
to:fordtrucks-request lofcom.com
> Comments and suggestions are welcome, use:
kpayne mindspring.com

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 11:18:03 -0500
From: John Strauss
To: Ford Trucks List
Subject: Engine label ('74 390)
Message-Id:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

>Can anyone tell me where I can get a copy of the engine label for
>a74'390. Even a photo copy would suffice.
>
I would but I already got screamed at for the oil dripping on the Xerox
from the last time I layed a valve cover on the glass... :-)


_
_| ~~. John Strauss
\, _} jstrauss inetport.com
\( Texas Fight!

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 13:42:49 -0400
From: Schottsweb webtv.net (George Schott)
To: fordtrucks lofcom.com
Subject: 302 swap
Message-Id:
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; CHARSET=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT

I just want to say thanks to everyone on this list for all the help and
to Ken for having it. My question is about something I read on this list
and I hope it does not apply to me. The 302 I have is a 71 I know this
because you guys said so it came from a 69 Ford Falcon and is going into
a 69 F-100 is the oil pan and dipstick positioning going to be a problem
and if so what do I do about it and who does it ? Like I say I hope this
is not a problem I did not plan for it in the budget. Thanks to all.
"Fine 69"

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 13:41 -0400 (EDT)
From: jniolon uss.com
To: fordtrucks lofcom.com, fordnatics lists.best.com
Subject: 9" positraction unit
Message-Id:
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN

O.K. all you real smart Ford guys...help a rookie...

I need a 9" positraction unit to fit a lincoln Mark IV 9" rearend
for my truck project (a 53 ford f-100 with a 460/c6/9")

I need to know what to look for in the "yards", i.e. markings, tag
numbers etc...

It would probably help if I knew what they came out of so when I call
around I won't seem like a complete fool (incomplete fool doesn't
bother me as much)

All help is appreciated

thanks,

John

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 15:56:42 -0700
From: "James A. Doty"
To: fordtrucks lofcom.com
Subject: Re: 302 swap
Message-Id:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Hi there:

I have a '75 E-150 that had a 351W in it. Back in '81 I had a rebuilt
302 from a '69? Ford Toreno GT installed in it. I don't know if there
would be the same problem, but I had to replace the oil pan on the 302
because it wouldn't fit above the crossmember (or suspension?) under
the hood. I believe the oil pan I ended up with came out of an old
Ford Bronco and had a six quart capacity.

At 01:42 PM 7/18/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I just want to say thanks to everyone on this list for all the help and
>to Ken for having it. My question is about something I read on this list
>and I hope it does not apply to me. The 302 I have is a 71 I know this
>because you guys said so it came from a 69 Ford Falcon and is going into
>a 69 F-100 is the oil pan and dipstick positioning going to be a problem
>and if so what do I do about it and who does it ? Like I say I hope this
>is not a problem I did not plan for it in the budget. Thanks to all.
>"Fine 69"
>
>
>____________________________________________________________________
>Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
>For help send mail with subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks-request lofcom.com
>Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com
>
>
>
======================
James A. Doty
NT Administrator
jamesd e-z.net
E-Z Net, Inc.
209 NE 120th. Ave., Suite B
Vancouver, WA 98684
(360) 260-1122
KI7EL

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 19:40:33 -0400
From: "Lee Hardy"
To:
Subject: 9" rear identification
Message-Id:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi John: For any info on 9" rears, I always call Currie Enterprises in
Anaheim Ca. Their # is ( 714 ) 528 6957. That is all that they do,,,make
9" rears fit. I have copied articles out of various mags pertinent to 9"
rears so I can talk fairly inteligently, but I am not an expert--they are.
If you send me your address, I will be glad to mail you a copy of the
article and pictures on how to identify what you want. Thanks, Lee.. If
you need any parts for your truck, I have four barns full of 35-56 Ford
Truck parts. Talk to you later

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 19:41:17 -0400
From: "Lee Hardy"
To:
Subject: Re: 9" positraction unit
Message-Id:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

----------
> From: jniolon uss.com
> To: fordtrucks lofcom.com; fordnatics lists.best.com
> Subject: 9" positraction unit
> Date: Friday, July 18, 1997 1:00 PM
>
>
> O.K. all you real smart Ford guys...help a rookie...
>
> I need a 9" positraction unit to fit a lincoln Mark IV 9" rearend
> for my truck project (a 53 ford f-100 with a 460/c6/9")
>
> I need to know what to look for in the "yards", i.e. markings, tag
> numbers etc...
>
> It would probably help if I knew what they came out of so when I
call
> around I won't seem like a complete fool (incomplete fool doesn't
> bother me as much)
>
> All help is appreciated
>
> thanks,
>
> John
>
>
> ____________________________________________________________________
> Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
> For help send mail with subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks-request lofcom.com
> Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 19:58:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: MadPoodle aol.com
To: kpayne mindspring.com, fordtrucks lofcom.com
Subject: Re: Disc brake conversion problems
Message-ID:

Sounds like the volume on the master cylinder was close to the limit before,
and now cannot pump enough fluid to fill the hoses and cylinders.. When
extending hoses, you should look into smaller inner diameter (ID) than stock.
The smaller ID compensates for the increased volume needed to fill longer
hoses.......

l8tr

Scott

24 cans in a case...24 hours a day...coincidence?

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 19:43:43 -0500
From: "George Shepherd"
To:
Subject: Re: 9" positraction unit
Message-Id:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

----------
> From: jniolon uss.com
> To: fordtrucks lofcom.com; fordnatics lists.best.com
> Subject: 9" positraction unit
> Date: Friday, July 18, 1997 12:00 PM
>
>
> O.K. all you real smart Ford guys...help a rookie...
>
> I need a 9" positraction unit to fit a lincoln Mark IV 9" rearend
> for my truck project (a 53 ford f-100 with a 460/c6/9")
>
> I need to know what to look for in the "yards", i.e. markings, tag
> numbers etc...

On the tag bolted to the pumpkin is the ratio and locker information.
Something like 3L50 for a 3.50 Locker. without the locker its just 3 50.
Just hope someone hasn't switched tags. Many tags are gone. I know of no
way to check them out in the bone yard short of tearing it apart. Maybe
some one else knows how to do that.


>
> It would probably help if I knew what they came out of so when I
call
> around I won't seem like a complete fool (incomplete fool doesn't
> bother me as much)
>
> All help is appreciated
>
> thanks,
>
> John
>
>
> ____________________________________________________________________
> Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
> For help send mail with subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks-request lofcom.com
> Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com
>

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 19:55:40 -0500
From: "George Shepherd"
To:
Subject: Re: Disc brake conversion problems
Message-Id:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

It isn't the longer hoses, its the bigger volume in the caliper bores than
in the shoe type bores. You need a step bore MC for disk &drum brake
combinations. It has a much bigger resivour for the disks.

----------
> From: MadPoodle aol.com
> To: kpayne mindspring.com; fordtrucks lofcom.com
> Subject: Re: Disc brake conversion problems
> Date: Friday, July 18, 1997 6:58 PM
>
> Sounds like the volume on the master cylinder was close to the limit
before,
> and now cannot pump enough fluid to fill the hoses and cylinders.. When
> extending hoses, you should look into smaller inner diameter (ID) than
stock.
> The smaller ID compensates for the increased volume needed to fill longer
> hoses.......
>
> l8tr
>
> Scott
>
> 24 cans in a case...24 hours a day...coincidence?
>
>
> ____________________________________________________________________
> Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
> For help send mail with subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks-request lofcom.com
> Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com
>

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 21:01:31 +0000
From: reedg ns2.cetlink.net
To: fordtrucks lofcom.com
Subject: Re: Cab mounts
Message-Id:
Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT

> From: TDimartina aol.com


> I am in search of a rear cab mount (frame piece) for a 1977-78 F-150 shortbed
> 4x4. I am looking for junkyard listings that hopefully have rust free parts.
> Thank you.

I am also restoring a '78 F-150 4x4 shortbed. They seem to be
plentiful around here. And rather rust free. (Mild weather). If I
find something I send you the phone number.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 21:58:24 -0400
From: Ken Payne
To: fordtrucks lofcom.com
Subject: Re: Disc brake conversion problems
Message-Id:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

At 07:55 PM 7/18/97 -0500, you wrote:
>It isn't the longer hoses, its the bigger volume in the caliper bores than
>in the shoe type bores. You need a step bore MC for disk &drum brake
>combinations. It has a much bigger resivour for the disks.
>

We picked up a rebuilt MC from Autozone, asked for a 76. It looked
no different than the 68 unit. I assumed internally it was different.
It has the lines coming out the right side, if that means anything
(I know that some have the lines on the left). Perhaps the unit they
gave me isn't correct? Don't know, but I've got to help my friend
fix this. I told him "trust me, I've done it before and it was easy".
Now several dollars later he's giving me that "you got me into this,
now get me out" look.

I didn't have this problem with my 67, so I assumed it would be the
same with his 68. Wrong! :-(

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 22:00:27 -0400
From: Ken Payne
To: fordtrucks lofcom.com
Subject: Re: rearend
Message-Id:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

At 08:26 AM 7/18/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Hey guys,
>
>I have a problem with my truck, which has been around for some time. I have
>a 71 f250 4x4 with a Dana 44 front and 60 rear, I THINK with a limited slip.
>The reason I think this is that sometimes on a gravel road if I stomp on it
>both wheels spin on the back.
>
>Whenever I accelerate from a standing start in 2wd, I get a significant
>rattle, like a chattering clutch or something. This also happens up a very
>steep hill at very slow speeds (1mph to 10mph). If I rev it up and dump the
>clutch there's no chatter. There's no chatter at all when I accelerate from
>a standing start in 4wd tho.
>
>I am sure it isn't the clutch, for two reasons:
>
>-there is no chatter in 4x, only in 2x
>-i have changed clutches twice now with no improvement at all
>
>I read somewhere that this could be caused by a lack of proper lubricant in
>the rearend for ltd slips. The other thing I'm thinking, is it possibly the
>transfer case mounts are loose and the thing is just shaking forward and
>back? How tightly mounted shud the transfer case be? If you crawl under
>the truck and push on the thing from the bottom, can you wiggle the transfer
>case from front to back normally?
>
>
>awaiting answers, thanks in advance,

Can't give you any firm answers but I can say that my F100
shook like a banshee in heat when accelerating from a stop
until I replaced the tranny mount.

Ken

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 22:05:05 -0500
From: "JAMES MERLO"
To: ,
Subject: Re: Disc brake conversion problems
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Ken,
I read of your problems with disc brake conversion.

I have a 62 1 ton and am interested in front disc brakes. How did you
determine the correct pieces to use to fit on the spindles. I would like to
keep the braking capability for a 1 ton (i.e. not use a Mustang II type
approach).

Jim

----------
> From: MadPoodle aol.com
> To: kpayne mindspring.com; fordtrucks lofcom.com
> Subject: Re: Disc brake conversion problems
> Date: Friday, July 18, 1997 6:58 PM
>
> Sounds like the volume on the master cylinder was close to the limit
before,
> and now cannot pump enough fluid to fill the hoses and cylinders.. When
> extending hoses, you should look into smaller inner diameter (ID) than
stock.
> The smaller ID compensates for the increased volume needed to fill longer
> hoses.......
>
> l8tr
>
> Scott
>
> 24 cans in a case...24 hours a day...coincidence?
>
>
> ____________________________________________________________________
> Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
> For help send mail with subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks-request lofcom.com
> Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 23:01:02 -0500
From: "Terry R Sherman"
To:
Subject: Re: Disc brake conversion problems
Message-Id:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hey James Merlo, Do you live in the Eau Claire, WI area?


Thank You,
Terry Sherman
terbear discover-net.net
'76 Ford Highboy...

----------
> From: JAMES MERLO
> To: fordtrucks lofcom.com; kpayne mindspring.com
> Subject: Re: Disc brake conversion problems
> Date: Friday, July 18, 1997 10:05 PM
>
> Ken,
> I read of your problems with disc brake conversion.
>
> I have a 62 1 ton and am interested in front disc brakes. How did you
> determine the correct pieces to use to fit on the spindles. I would like
to
> keep the braking capability for a 1 ton (i.e. not use a Mustang II type
> approach).
>
> Jim
>
> ----------
> > From: MadPoodle aol.com
> > To: kpayne mindspring.com; fordtrucks lofcom.com
> > Subject: Re: Disc brake conversion problems
> > Date: Friday, July 18, 1997 6:58 PM
> >
> > Sounds like the volume on the master cylinder was close to the limit
> before,
> > and now cannot pump enough fluid to fill the hoses and cylinders.. When
> > extending hoses, you should look into smaller inner diameter (ID) than
> stock.
> > The smaller ID compensates for the increased volume needed to fill
longer
> > hoses.......
> >
> > l8tr
> >
> > Scott
> >
> > 24 cans in a case...24 hours a day...coincidence?
> >
> >
> > ____________________________________________________________________
> > Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
> > For help send mail with subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks-request lofcom.com
> > Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com
>
>
> ____________________________________________________________________
> Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
> For help send mail with subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks-request lofcom.com
> Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com
>

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 12:14:11 -0500
From: Daver
To: fordtrucks lofcom.com
Subject: Re: Disc brake conversion problems
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Ken Payne wrote:
>
> This past week I've helped a friend with a 68 F100
> convert over to discs. Its been a multitude of
> problems!
>
> It was a power brake 4 drum system. First, we put
> a new '76 master cylinder on it and bled the system
> last week. It stopped just fine.
>
> This week we changed the spindles over, the 76 stock
> flexible hoses weren't long enough to allow the wheels
> to turn much. Stock is 19 inchs, we needed 24. Got
> custom hoses (68 bucks!) and installed them. Bled the
> system, aligned it...
>
> No brakes. The peddle sinks to the floor and the
> last 1/4-1/2 inch has brakes. Pumping really doesn't
> help. There is **no** air in the system, we bled
> it twice to make sure. It does not yet have a disc
> brake proportioning valve installed, that was being
> saved for this weekend. Where's the problem? The
> lack of a valve? I'm at a loss! I don't think its
> the vacuum booster or master cylinder as they worked
> fine before we changed over to discs.
>
> Ken

I'd bet on the perportioning valve.

Molater

Daver

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 20:43:37 -0700
From: "Jim Strigas"
To:
Subject: Re: IMPORTANT ADMIN NEWS, PLEASE READ
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

My Vote!

I agree to it all! It looks like we could only benefit by
us allowing them a little room! If their demands change, is
there anything that would keep us from removing their ad
from our sight? If there is I still believe it will benefit
us to allow them the space, but not renewing at the end of
the agreement!


Just a Thought!
If they had sales or special offers, would they want to
inform one member (You ) of it and leave it to the
discretion of that member (You ) if and when to post
them? It's not so much advertisements I object to, it's
being flooded with unwanted or non-topic related
advertising! I think if it was done in the context you have
shared with Club discounts and such, would be acceptable!
They could have a deadline and all could combined and be
dispatched in one e-mailing per day.
My jacket size is XL and I prefer the golf style baseball
cap (they have the clip rather than the little buttons)
coffee mug would be nice... Sorry, got a little carried
away! My Kid wants a poster of Big Foot, Lindsay Wagner
would be nice for a Grand Prize Fantasy Week End...

Jim Strigas
jstrigas worldnet.att.net

'73 F100
'83 XJ900RK
'86 GL1200 Custom


----------
> From: Ken Payne
> To: fordtrucks lofcom.com
> Subject: IMPORTANT ADMIN NEWS, PLEASE READ
> Date: Tuesday, July 15, 1997 7:12 PM
>
> Yesterday I received an email from one of the largest Ford
antique
> parts companies. They would like to distribute their
catalog, free
> of charge, to anyone on our list who is interested.
>
> In addition, there was an offer to promote them on our web
site.
> This company is a very well respected member of the Ford
antique
> "community" and I have no reason to believe they want to
influence
> our membership. They simply want to take advantage of the
fact that
> our site receives 250+ Ford truck visitors a day. I
wanted to bring
> this to the attention of the list members since I've
always kept
> list business and finances in the open. I'm in favor of
letting
> them advertise on the web page only - not on the lists
(they made no
> mention of advertising on or influencing the lists).
>
> Thanks to the kindness of many members the email list
expenses are
> paid up for this quarter (up in a month) and most of next
quarter.
> I would like to offer this company an opportunity to
advertise on
> our page, covering list expenses so our membership doesn't
have to.
> List expenses are an on-going item that I would rather not
have to
> beg the members about. I would also like to try to
arrange a group
> purchase discount with this company since they seem eager
to deal
> with us. I haven't actually discussed any terms with this
company
> as I wanted to approach the membership first. Please be
prompt with
> your opinions as I would like to get in touch with them
ASAP.
>
> What does everyone think about this? It seems like a
win-win
> situation to me. This method would prevent us from having
to depend
> on a small minority to pay our expenses. If it seems okay
to the
> membership, I'll reveal the company name and set up an
on-line form
> you can use to enter your mailing address in. These
would be
> forwarded to them so you could get your free parts
catalog.
>
> As a side note, now that everything has settled down with
having the
> baby, finishing touches are being added to our window
sticker design
> and I've contacted a couple of companies for pricing.
>
> Express your opinions either on the list or email me
privately
> (kpayne mindspring.com), whichever you feel most
comfortable with.
>
> -Ken
> List Administrator, 1967 Ford F100, 390FE V8
> Our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com
> (subscribe/unsubscribe forms on the web site)
> fordtrucks lofcom.com is the 1979 and older truck list,
> fordtrucks80up lofcom.com is the 1980 and newer truck
list..
> (Email me if you're on the wrong list)
>
>
>
_____________________________________________________________
_______
> Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
> For help send mail with subject "HELP"
to:fordtrucks-request lofcom.com....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.