Received: with LISTAR (v1.0.0; list 97up-list); Wed, 14 Mar 2001 22:07:12 -0500 (EST)
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 22:07:12 -0500 (EST)
From: Ford Truck Enthusiasts List Server <listar ford-trucks.com>
To: 97up-list digest users <listar ford-trucks.com>
Reply-to: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: 97up-list Digest V2001 #35
Precedence: list

====================================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts 1997 and Newer Truck Mailing List

Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com

To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with the words
"unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the message.
====================================================================

Performance Computer Chips for your Ford at discount prices!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Ford Truck  Enthusiasts  offers  Superchips  and  Diablo performance
computer chips for your Ford vehicle!  We can  provide  a  chip  for
most  Ford  gasoline and diesel engines!  Chips give an average gain
of 10% HP and 15% torque.

<a href="http://www.motorhaven.com/">
http://www.motorhaven.com/</a>
-------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------
97up-list Digest Wed, 14 Mar 2001 Volume: 2001  Issue: 035

In This Issue:
Re: I'M SO TIRED OF PROBLEMS
Re: Why 12?
Self Righteous
Re: Why 12?
Re: Why 12?
Extended Warranty
Re: Paint Flaking
Re: Extended Warranty
Re: Why 12?
Daytime running lights ???
Re: Why 12?
Re: Why 12?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "Mark Browning" <mab076 hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: I'M SO TIRED OF PROBLEMS
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 07:02:33 -0500


I recieved a recall slip in the mail for the daytime running lights.. the
recall is on the resistor... it is corroding away a factory defect...
So i brought it in got it don along with a new tranny... and 3 days later my
lights are out (just running lights) so i brought it in saying that the did
something and they said no we never touched that area of the truck... i said
you changed the resistor!! but then i was so pissed i told them to forget
touching the truck and left... well the owner called me that night and told
me to bring my truck in the next morning.. Then he and i went over the truck
and he finally told me to leave it there and they will fix the problem... by
no means did he blame his dealership!!!

well till next problem..
Mark Browning


>From: Greg reifsnyder <yjtrendsetter yahoo.com>
>Reply-To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
>To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
>Subject: [97up-list] Re: I'M SO TIRED OF PROBLEMS
>Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 16:37:39 -0800 (PST)
>
>----------------------------------------------------------
>Support FTE - Check out our store:
>http://www.motorhaven.com/
>----------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>Well ar you must of guessed my ford is again in the shop 6 time in 2
>months.. I brought it in for the daytime running light recall.. and now a
>week later its screwed no daytime running lights worked fine before i
>brought it in... I give up and now the want me to pay 200 bucks for the
>repair... forget it i don't need no day time running lights....
>
>Sooo tired of this...
>Mark Browning
>99 Ford F150 XLT
>_________________________________________________________________________
>   What recall are you talking about?  And why the heck is your dealership
>expecting you to pay for repairs related to the DRL system?    Please let
>me know what's going on!
>YJTrendSetter
>
>
>
>---------------------------------
>Do You Yahoo!?
>Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you want at great prices!
>
>=============================================================
>To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
>Please remove this footer when replying.
>

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.hotmail.com.


------------------------------

Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 07:10:23 -0600
From: tvsjr <tvsjr sprynet.com>
Subject: Re: Why 12?


First, I'll post a few of the state laws.


Text
                SUBCHAPTER C.  VEHICLES, RAIL TRANSPORTATION,
                AND EQUIPMENT

541.201.  Vehicles.

             In this subtitle:

             (1)  "Authorized emergency vehicle" means:

             (A)  a fire department or police vehicle;

             (B)  a public or private ambulance operated by a person who
has been issued a
license by the Texas Department of Health;

             (C)  a municipal department or public service corporation
emergency vehicle that
has been designated or authorized by the governing body of a municipality;

             (D)  a private vehicle of a volunteer firefighter or a
certified emergency
medical services employee or volunteer when responding to a fire alarm or
medical
emergency;

             (E)  an industrial emergency response vehicle, including an
industrial ambulance,
when responding to an emergency, but only if the vehicle is operated in
compliance with
criteria in effect September 1, 1989, and established by the Texas
Industrial Fire
Training Board of the State Firemen's and Fire Marshals' Association of
Texas; or

             (F)  a vehicle of a blood bank or tissue bank, accredited or
approved under the
laws of this state or the United States, when making emergency deliveries
of blood,
drugs, medicines, or organs.



Text
546.001.  Permissible conduct.

             In operating an authorized emergency vehicle the operator may:

             (1)  park or stand, irrespective of another provision of this
subtitle;

             (2)  proceed past a red or stop signal or stop sign, after
slowing as necessary
for safe operation;

             (3)  exceed a maximum speed limit, except as provided by an
ordinance adopted
under Section 545.365, as long as the operator does not endanger life or
property; and

             (4)  disregard a regulation governing the direction of
movement or turning in
specified directions.

        (Added by L.1995, chap. 165(1), eff. 9/1/95.)

546.002.  When conduct permissible.

             Section 546.001 applies only when the operator is:

             (1)  responding to an emergency call;

             (2)  pursuing an actual or suspected violator of the law; or

             (3)  responding to but not returning from a fire alarm.

        (Added by L.1995, chap. 165(1), eff. 9/1/95.)



Text
546.005.  Duty of care.

             This chapter does not relieve the operator of an authorized
emergency vehicle
from:

             (1)  the duty to operate the vehicle with appropriate regard
for the safety of
all persons; or

             (2)  the consequences of reckless disregard for the safety of
others.

        (Added by L.1995, chap. 165(1), eff. 9/1/95.)

The sections shown above are a few of the applicable codes in the Texas
Transportation Code.

At 09:31 PM 3/13/01 -0700, you wrote:
>----------------------------------------------------------
>Support FTE - Check out our store:
>http://www.motorhaven.com/
>----------------------------------------------------------
>Public safety personnel?????
>More like public menace or a danger to the public. I can't believe
>whatever Public Safety Agency you belong to allows you to drive at 110 mph
>in your POV with lights on top, and just because you have gotten away with
>it so far doesn't mean it's right or allowed.

Small cities don't have the budget to hire full-time firefighters.
Therefore, they have to rely on volunteers.  See section 546.001,
Permissable Conduct.

>  "A duty of Care" ? What is that? I have heard of a Duty to Act if you
> are an EMT. Are you an EMT? Why do you need to speed so much to get to
> the scene, are your radios different from the cops or firefighter/EMS radios?

See section 546.005, Duty of Care. Yes, my radios are much different that
the radios of most police/fire agencies. I have the capability to
communicate with ANY local government entity from my truck, and I monitor
public safety organizations for approximately a 75 mile radius. Whenever we
work together with other agencies, one or the other may not have the
correct frequencies to talk to each other. Therefore, I have equipment that
lets me patch two channels together, so that they can communicate with one
another. I also carry handheld radio relays for use in search-and-rescue
operations where the handhelds may not be able to make it back to the base
station. I also carry a GPS for an aid when we order a medical helicopter,
and equipment to properly secure a landing zone for the helicopter when it
arrives.

>Please explain why you feel the need to endanger the public by speeding
>excessively while listening to 15 radios. Don't your radios have different
>channels? Have you heard of a scanning feature that radios come with?

Most of my radios are commercial Motorola and Kenwood gear. They all have
many channels (128 on most of the Motorola, 250 of most of the Kenwoods),
and they all scan, all the time. I probably monitor 500 channels total, 24x7.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Terry



------------------------------

From: "Dan Brotzman" <no1windo frontiernet.net>
Subject: Self Righteous
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 08:07:18 -0600


>
> From: "Mark Penn" <jmpenn cox-internet.com>
> Subject: Re: Why 12?
> Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 06:45:09 -0600
>
>
> Preach on, brother.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: 97up-list-bounce ford-trucks.com
> [mailto:97up-list-bounce ford-trucks.com]On Behalf Of tvsjr
> Sent: Monday, March 12, 2001 9:56 PM
> To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
> Subject: [97up-list] Re: Why 12?
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> Support FTE - Check out our store:
> http://www.motorhaven.com/
> ----------------------------------------------------------
>
> Hello
>
whatever-your-name-is-since-you-don't-have-the-guts-to-put-it-in-your-post,
>
> So, you don't support public safety personnel? How would you feel if it
was
> your house on fire while you were trapped inside and I was at home
> listening to the radios instead of dragging your butt out the front door?
> Or maybe your tree wrapped around a telephone pole, and I'm at home
instead
> of landing the medical helicopter that would take you to a major trauma
> center?
>
> I've driven MANY miles, without that many problems. I've had one
> fender-bender during my driving career. Can you say the same? A good
> portion of those miles are emergency (code three) driving. Would you be
> capable of handling an Expedition at 110 MPH? Think you can drive well
> enough to stay with a Police Interceptor Crown Victoria in a truck that
> weighs a ton more?
>
> I am placed under a duty of care by state law, and can be held to greater
> punishments than the normal citizen if I injure or kill someone while
> responding to an emergency. Therefore, I am always very careful with my
> driving, and don't take unnecessary risks.
>
> Oh, and by the way, I have the mental capacity to process all 15 radios at
> once, listen to the FM radio, talk on a radio if necessary, and still be
> able to out-drive most of the motoring public. I also run a laptop in the
> truck at times for mapping purposes, and I can use that too with no
> problems. Judging from the improper use of English in your defamatory
> message, I would hazard to guess that your words are merely the ramblings
> of an uninformed and probably undereducated individual. Perhaps you should
> think about getting the whole story before you make comments that display
> your ignorance.
>
> Please, any and all flames to me to keep the list uncluttered.
> Terry
>
>
> >you think people who use cell phones are dangerous.  imagine this guy
> >trying to monitor 15 radios and drive at the same time!!!!  There is a
> >place for that foolishness, and that would be your home, not your truck
> >where someone could get hurt.
> >


Please listen to Kens' message - do not post this type of self righteous
garbage on this list. We are here for learning about our trucks, and
enjoying the comradery of the list. You run your life and everyone else can
run theirs. We don't need busey bodies who think they know how to run
everyone elses life. I have learned alot from these lists over the past 3
years and look forward to reading the posts each morning.
1999.5 F350 CC PSD 6 SPD 4X4
1988   E150 Van 302 Conversion


------------------------------

From: "Phil Rosenkranz" <PhilR slip.net>
Subject: Re: Why 12?
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 06:25:51 -0800


Atta boy Lloyd, give the fireman a bunch of noise!  What does he think he is
doing rushing to your house trying to save your family and belongings from
disaster?  All emergency personnel should slow down, maybe pick up a box of
Krispy Kreme's and a cup of coffee on the way to the emergency scene.  No
reason to hurry, right!

I was a fire fighter in Washington state for several years.  In the state of
Washington, all fire personal which drive emergency vehicles are required to
be certified every two years in EVAP (emergency vehicle accident
prevention).  Terry is required to act in accordance with all local and
state laws, and his driving and actions are subject to a higher level of
scrutiny that the average citizen.

Lloyd, Please offer all emergency personal the respect they deserve.


Best regards,

Phillip Rosenkranz
97 Expedition

-----Original Message-----
From: 97up-list-bounce ford-trucks.com
[mailto:97up-list-bounce ford-trucks.com]On Behalf Of Lloyd Rantanen
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2001 8:31 PM
To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: [97up-list] Re: Why 12?


----------------------------------------------------------
Support FTE - Check out our store:
http://www.motorhaven.com/
----------------------------------------------------------
Public safety personnel?????
More like public menace or a danger to the public. I can't believe whatever
Public Safety Agency you belong to allows you to drive at 110 mph in your
POV with lights on top, and just because you have gotten away with it so far
doesn't mean it's right or allowed.
"A duty of Care" ? What is that? I have heard of a Duty to Act if you are
an EMT. Are you an EMT? Why do you need to speed so much to get to the
scene, are your radios different from the cops or firefighter/EMS radios?
Please explain why you feel the need to endanger the public by speeding
excessively while listening to 15 radios. Don't your radios have different
channels? Have you heard of a scanning feature that radios come with?

Lloyd

=============================================================
To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
Please remove this footer when replying.



------------------------------

Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 10:51:45 -0500
From: Jean Marc Chartier <jmc.chartier sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: Why 12?


Phil Rosenkranz wrote:

> ----------------------------------------------------------
> Support FTE - Check out our store:
> http://www.motorhaven.com/
> ----------------------------------------------------------
>
> Atta boy Lloyd, give the fireman a bunch of noise!  What does he think he is
> doing rushing to your house trying to save your family and belongings from
> disaster?  All emergency personnel should slow down, maybe pick up a box of
> Krispy Kreme's and a cup of coffee on the way to the emergency scene.  No
> reason to hurry, right!
>
> I was a fire fighter in Washington state for several years.  In the state of
> Washington, all fire personal which drive emergency vehicles are required to
> be certified every two years in EVAP (emergency vehicle accident
> prevention).  Terry is required to act in accordance with all local and
> state laws, and his driving and actions are subject to a higher level of
> scrutiny that the average citizen.
>
> Lloyd, Please offer all emergency personal the respect they deserve.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Phillip Rosenkranz
> 97 Expedition
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: 97up-list-bounce ford-trucks.com
> [mailto:97up-list-bounce ford-trucks.com]On Behalf Of Lloyd Rantanen
> Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2001 8:31 PM
> To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
> Subject: [97up-list] Re: Why 12?
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> Support FTE - Check out our store:
> http://www.motorhaven.com/
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> Public safety personnel?????
> More like public menace or a danger to the public. I can't believe whatever
> Public Safety Agency you belong to allows you to drive at 110 mph in your
> POV with lights on top, and just because you have gotten away with it so far
> doesn't mean it's right or allowed.
>  "A duty of Care" ? What is that? I have heard of a Duty to Act if you are
> an EMT. Are you an EMT? Why do you need to speed so much to get to the
> scene, are your radios different from the cops or firefighter/EMS radios?
> Please explain why you feel the need to endanger the public by speeding
> excessively while listening to 15 radios. Don't your radios have different
> channels? Have you heard of a scanning feature that radios come with?
>
> Lloyd
>

Lloyd,

   I think you were confused with one of those types that add a flashing beacon
to the top of their vehicle and chase fire trucks and ambulances.  On a side
note how in H*ll do you get an Expedition up to 110 mph?

Regards

Jean Marc Chartier

PS  Thanks for helping keep the world a safer place



------------------------------

From: "Jim & Anita" <motor maine.rr.com>
Subject: Extended Warranty
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 11:00:15 -0400

I am close to the end of the factory warranty on my 1999 E350. Not being a very trusting person when it comes to this van I am looking at extended warranties. Can any of you FTE readers help with your experiences with extended warranties? I do not have a preference in companies, so any information will be welcomed.
Thanks
Jim


------------------------------

From: "Christian ." <c_bagley hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Paint Flaking
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 12:13:24 -0500


Greg,

Thanks for the info, do you know where can I get an "Official" document that
states this?  I think it is a defect in the paint, there was no damage, no
scratches, nothing, the paint just came off so I would assume it must be a
defect.

Thanks,
Chris


>From: Greg reifsnyder <yjtrendsetter yahoo.com>
>Reply-To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
>To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
>Subject: [97up-list] Re: Paint Flaking
>Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 09:52:13 -0800 (PST)
>
>----------------------------------------------------------
>Support FTE - Check out our store:
>http://www.motorhaven.com/
>----------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>Well, I have a problem with my paint. I was washing my truck yesterday as I
>try to do when the weather permits me to and I was standing about 15 feet
>away from the truck, I sprayed the truck with the water hose(almost no
>pressure at all) and about a 2.5-3 inch section of my paint flaked off. My
>question to the list is, is this covered under Ford's paint warranty? The
>truck is a 97 with 108,000 miles.
>
>Thanks,
>Chris
>
>
>Paint defects are covered for 5 years, regardless of mileage.   Environment
>related paint flaws are covered for 3/36000 miles.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>---------------------------------
>Do You Yahoo!?
>Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you want at great prices!
>
>=============================================================
>To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
>Please remove this footer when replying.
>

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://explorer.msn.com


------------------------------

From: "Mark Browning" <mab076 hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Extended Warranty
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 12:52:16 -0500


I bought the sercure drive extended warranty... its not fords warranty
company.... but they sell it and you can use it at any garage you want... it
was a good deal since i replaced the trannie on my 99 ford f150 with it.. it
payed for itself.. 3 more years to go on it...

hope this helps
Mark Browning


>From: "Jim & Anita" <motor maine.rr.com>
>Reply-To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
>To: <97up-list ford-trucks.com>
>Subject: [97up-list] Extended Warranty
>Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 11:00:15 -0400
>
>----------------------------------------------------------
>Support FTE - Check out our store:
>http://www.motorhaven.com/
>----------------------------------------------------------
>I am close to the end of the factory warranty on my 1999 E350. Not being a
>very trusting person when it comes to this van I am looking at extended
>warranties. Can any of you FTE readers help with your experiences with
>extended warranties? I do not have a preference in companies, so any
>information will be welcomed.
>Thanks
>Jim
>
>=============================================================
>To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
>Please remove this footer when replying.
>

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.hotmail.com.


------------------------------

From: "Joe" <merchjo bellatlantic.net>
Subject: Re: Why 12?
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 17:48:29 -0500

First off I do not have a problem saying my name. My name is Joe if you want to know.

Second, I wound not comment on someone else's English when in fact there are many errors in your post. I was trying to make just a quick point. I have a BS in computer science how about you. Let me guess, you have a BS in gun racks and red neck jokes.

Third, I showed your post to the guys at the local fire dept. which I volunteer at, and they all agreed your even more foolish then we first thought if you think you can drive 110 mph and pay attention to 15 radios.

Forth, we all have been trying to figure out why you need 15 when we have one radio which can pick up every band and channel necessary for our area for our needs.

Fifth, so what are you fire fighter, EMT or chopper pilot? Let me guess you the whole thing in your one family town. (you can figure out that reference)

Your the guy who give honest and safe public safety personal a bad rap.

Ken and everyone, sorry but this guy made me so mad thinking its ok to danger public safety with his foolishness.

Joe

-----Original Message-----

From: 97up-list-bounce ford-trucks.com

[mailto:97up-list-bounce ford-trucks.com]On Behalf Of tvsjr

Sent: Monday, March 12, 2001 10:56 PM

To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com

Subject: [97up-list] Re: Why 12?



----------------------------------------------------------

Support FTE - Check out our store:

http://www.motorhaven.com/

----------------------------------------------------------

Hello

whatever-your-name-is-since-you-don't-have-the-guts-to-put-it-in-your-post,

So, you don't support public safety personnel? How would you feel if it was

your house on fire while you were trapped inside and I was at home

listening to the radios instead of dragging your butt out the front door?

Or maybe your tree wrapped around a telephone pole, and I'm at home instead

of landing the medical helicopter that would take you to a major trauma center?

I've driven MANY miles, without that many problems. I've had one

fender-bender during my driving career. Can you say the same? A good

portion of those miles are emergency (code three) driving. Would you be

capable of handling an Expedition at 110 MPH? Think you can drive well

enough to stay with a Police Interceptor Crown Victoria in a truck that

weighs a ton more?

I am placed under a duty of care by state law, and can be held to greater

punishments than the normal citizen if I injure or kill someone while

responding to an emergency. Therefore, I am always very careful with my

driving, and don't take unnecessary risks.

Oh, and by the way, I have the mental capacity to process all 15 radios at

once, listen to the FM radio, talk on a radio if necessary, and still be

able to out-drive most of the motoring public. I also run a laptop in the

truck at times for mapping purposes, and I can use that too with no

problems. Judging from the improper use of English in your defamatory

message, I would hazard to guess that your words are merely the ramblings

of an uninformed and probably undereducated individual. Perhaps you should

think about getting the whole story before you make comments that display

your ignorance.

Please, any and all flames to me to keep the list uncluttered.

Terry



>you think people who use cell phones are dangerous. imagine this guy

>trying to monitor 15 radios and drive at the same time!!!! There is a

>place for that foolishness, and that would be your home, not your truck

>where someone could get hurt.

>

>----Original Message-----

> >From: tvsjr <tvsjr sprynet.com>

> >To: Janster <dziadul yahoo.com>

> >Cc: 97up-list ford-trucks.com

> >Subject: [97up-list] Re: Why 12?

> >Reply-To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com

> >Date: Monday, March 12, 2001 7:51 AM

> >

> >----------------------------------------------------------

> >Support FTE - Check out our store:

> >http://www.motorhaven.com/

> >----------------------------------------------------------

> >

> >Well, the total on the old one would really be 15 (12 on the roof, one

> >mounted to a custom bracket on the rear of the vehicle, a dual-band

> >lip-mounted on the hood, and the factory AM/FM)!!!

> >

> >Well, I have quite a few radios installed in the truck. For instance, I

> >completely remove the center console, and fill the entire thing up with

> >radios. I finally scored a digital camera, so I will have some

> pictures of

> >the install in the 97 Expy on the net in a few days. I'll post the

> link so

> >that those who are curious can check out the installation. I'm also

> going

> >to take pictures during the install into the 2001, so those will be

> posted

> >as time passes.

> >

> >Why? Well, there's a lot of police/fire/government/etc. around this

> area to

> >monitor and be able to talk to them. You just have to have a ton of

> radios

> >to be able to do everything that I want successfully.

> >

> >Terry

> >

> >At 11:05 PM 3/11/01 -0800, Janster wrote:

> >>12 antenna? I can understand a few but 12? Why so many?

> >>

> >>__________________________________________________

> >>Do You Yahoo!?

> >>Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you want at great prices.

> >>http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://auctions.yahoo.com/

> >

> >=============================================================

> >To unsubscribe: www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3

> >Please remove this footer when replying.

> >

> >

>

>=============================================================

>To unsubscribe: www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3

>Please remove this footer when replying.

=============================================================

To unsubscribe: www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3

Please remove this footer when replying.



------------------------------

From: "dallanmiller" <dallanmiller email.msn.com>
Subject: Daytime running lights ???
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 19:57:55 -0600

   I am the owner of a 1999 F-150 XLT X-cab...I do not have daytime running lamps. Thought those were only on Chevy's- and almost always the one's you see have one light out.
   I too am curios about the DRL's on a F-150.

David A. Miller
Ft. Worth, Texas


------------------------------

Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 19:29:26 -0600
From: tvsjr <tvsjr sprynet.com>
Subject: Re: Why 12?



>Lloyd,
>
>     I think you were confused with one of those types that add a flashing
> beacon
>to the top of their vehicle and chase fire trucks and ambulances.  On a side
>note how in H*ll do you get an Expedition up to 110 mph?
>
>Regards
>
>Jean Marc Chartier
>
>PS  Thanks for helping keep the world a safer place

Jean-

Haha... you get it there VERY carefully. The Expedition is a little screwy
at that high of speed, but it really isn't that bad. My new one with the
5.4L and 3.55LS rear end gets to 110MPH quick, until it pegs the speed
limiter (groan). I'll have to get that fixed soon. The old one was the 4.6L
with the 3.31 rear, the most underpowered combination you can find!

Your mention of emergency equipment - The 97 had alternating (wig-wag)
headlights, four halogen lamps on the pushbumper, covert strobe tubes in
the cornering lamps, a strobe on the dash, a mini-lightbar on the roof
(magnetic, not left there all the time), strobes in the brake and reverse
lights to the rear, and three strobes hanging across the top of the rear
glass. Plus KC Daylighters intermittently to warn people two-three miles
down the road.

Thanks for your thanks. It's nice to be appreciated sometimes!

Terry


------------------------------

Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 19:40:30 -0600
From: tvsjr <tvsjr sprynet.com>
Subject: Re: Why 12?


This is a personal attack. I won't even justify it with comment.

Terry

At 05:48 PM 3/14/01 -0500, you wrote:
>----------------------------------------------------------
>Support FTE - Check out our store:
>http://www.motorhaven.com/
>----------------------------------------------------------
>First off I do not have a problem saying my name. My name is Joe if you
>want to know.
>
>Second, I wound not comment on someone else's English when in fact there
>are many errors in your post. I was trying to make just a quick point. I
>have a BS in computer science how about you. Let me guess, you have a BS
>in gun racks and red neck jokes.
>
>Third, I showed your post to the guys at the local fire dept. which I
>volunteer at, and they all agreed your even more foolish then we first
>thought if you think you can drive 110 mph and pay attention to 15 radios.
>
>Forth, we all have been trying to figure out why you need 15 when we have
>one radio which can pick up every band and channel necessary for our area
>for our needs.
>
>Fifth, so what are you fire fighter, EMT or chopper pilot? Let me guess
>you the whole thing in your one family town. (you can figure out that
>reference)
>
>Your the guy who give honest and safe public safety personal a bad rap.
>
>Ken and everyone, sorry but this guy made me so mad thinking its ok to
>danger public safety with his foolishness.
>
>Joe
>
>-----Original Message-----
>
>From: 97up-list-bounce ford-trucks.com
>
>[mailto:97up-list-bounce ford-trucks.com]On Behalf Of tvsjr
>
>Sent: Monday, March 12, 2001 10:56 PM
>
>To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
>
>Subject: [97up-list] Re: Why 12?
>
>
>
>----------------------------------------------------------
>
>Support FTE - Check out our store:
>
>http://www.motorhaven.com/
>
>----------------------------------------------------------
>
>Hello
>
>whatever-your-name-is-since-you-don't-have-the-guts-to-put-it-in-your-post,
>
>So, you don't support public safety personnel? How would you feel if it was
>
>your house on fire while you were trapped inside and I was at home
>
>listening to the radios instead of dragging your butt out the front door?
>
>Or maybe your tree wrapped around a telephone pole, and I'm at home instead
>
>of landing the medical helicopter that would take you to a major trauma
>center?
>
>I've driven MANY miles, without that many problems. I've had one
>
>fender-bender during my driving career. Can you say the same? A good
>
>portion of those miles are emergency (code three) driving. Would you be
>
>capable of handling an Expedition at 110 MPH? Think you can drive well
>
>enough to stay with a Police Interceptor Crown Victoria in a truck that
>
>weighs a ton more?
>
>I am placed under a duty of care by state law, and can be held to greater
>
>punishments than the normal citizen if I injure or kill someone while
>
>responding to an emergency. Therefore, I am always very careful with my
>
>driving, and don't take unnecessary risks.
>
>Oh, and by the way, I have the mental capacity to process all 15 radios at
>
>once, listen to the FM radio, talk on a radio if necessary, and still be
>
>able to out-drive most of the motoring public. I also run a laptop in the
>
>truck at times for mapping purposes, and I can use that too with no
>
>problems. Judging from the improper use of English in your defamatory
>
>message, I would hazard to guess that your words are merely the ramblings
>
>of an uninformed and probably undereducated individual. Perhaps you should
>
>think about getting the whole story before you make comments that display
>
>your ignorance.
>
>Please, any and all flames to me to keep the list uncluttered.
>
>Terry
>
>
>
> >you think people who use cell phones are dangerous. imagine this guy
>
> >trying to monitor 15 radios and drive at the same time!!!! There is a
>
> >place for that foolishness, and that would be your home, not your truck
>
> >where someone could get hurt.
>
> >
>
> >----Original Message-----
>
> > >From: tvsjr <tvsjr sprynet.com>
>
> > >To: Janster <dziadul yahoo.com>
>
> > >Cc: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
>
> > >Subject: [97up-list] Re: Why 12?
>
> > >Reply-To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
>
> > >Date: Monday, March 12, 2001 7:51 AM
>
> > >
>
> > >----------------------------------------------------------
>
> > >Support FTE - Check out our store:
>
> > >http://www.motorhaven.com/
>
> > >----------------------------------------------------------
>
> > >
>
> > >Well, the total on the old one would really be 15 (12 on the roof, one
>
> > >mounted to a custom bracket on the rear of the vehicle, a dual-band
>
> > >lip-mounted on the hood, and the factory AM/FM)!!!
>
> > >
>
> > >Well, I have quite a few radios installed in the truck. For instance, I
>
> > >completely remove the center console, and fill the entire thing up with
>
> > >radios. I finally scored a digital camera, so I will have some
>
> > pictures of
>
> > >the install in the 97 Expy on the net in a few days. I'll post the
>
> > link so
>
> > >that those who are curious can check out the installation. I'm also
>
> > going
>
> > >to take pictures during the install into the 2001, so those will be
>
> > posted
>
> > >as time passes.
>
> > >
>
> > >Why? Well, there's a lot of police/fire/government/etc. around this
>
> > area to
>
> > >monitor and be able to talk to them. You just have to have a ton of
>
> > radios
>
> > >to be able to do everything that I want successfully.
>
> > >
>
> > >Terry
>
> > >
>
> > >At 11:05 PM 3/11/01 -0800, Janster wrote:
>
> > >>12 antenna? I can understand a few but 12? Why so many?
>
> > >>
>
> > >>__________________________________________________
>
> > >>Do You Yahoo!?
>
> > >>Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you want at great prices.
>
> > >>http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://auctions.yahoo.com/
>
> > >
>
> > >=============================================================
>
> > >To unsubscribe: www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
>
> > >Please remove this footer when replying. ....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.