Received: with LISTAR (v1.0.0; list 97up-list); Wed, 14 Mar 2001 07:35:03 -0500 (EST)
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 07:35:03 -0500 (EST)
From: Ford Truck Enthusiasts List Server <listar ford-trucks.com>
To: 97up-list digest users <listar ford-trucks.com>
Reply-to: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: 97up-list Digest V2001 #34
Precedence: list

====================================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts 1997 and Newer Truck Mailing List

Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com

To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with the words
"unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the message.
====================================================================

Performance Computer Chips for your Ford at discount prices!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Ford Truck  Enthusiasts  offers  Superchips  and  Diablo performance
computer chips for your Ford vehicle!  We can  provide  a  chip  for
most  Ford  gasoline and diesel engines!  Chips give an average gain
of 10% HP and 15% torque.

<a href="http://www.motorhaven.com/">
http://www.motorhaven.com/</a>
-------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------
97up-list Digest Tue, 13 Mar 2001 Volume: 2001  Issue: 034

In This Issue:
Re: Why 12?
ADMIN: Guideline Reminder
Re: Fw: New tires
Re: Fw: New tires
Re: Fw: New tires
Re: I'M SO TIRED OF PROBLEMS
Re: Why 12?
Pigeon Forge
Re: Pigeon Forge

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "Mark Penn" <jmpenn cox-internet.com>
Subject: Re: Why 12?
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 06:45:09 -0600


Preach on, brother.

-----Original Message-----
From: 97up-list-bounce ford-trucks.com
[mailto:97up-list-bounce ford-trucks.com]On Behalf Of tvsjr
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2001 9:56 PM
To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: [97up-list] Re: Why 12?


----------------------------------------------------------
Support FTE - Check out our store:
http://www.motorhaven.com/
----------------------------------------------------------

Hello
whatever-your-name-is-since-you-don't-have-the-guts-to-put-it-in-your-post,

So, you don't support public safety personnel? How would you feel if it was
your house on fire while you were trapped inside and I was at home
listening to the radios instead of dragging your butt out the front door?
Or maybe your tree wrapped around a telephone pole, and I'm at home instead
of landing the medical helicopter that would take you to a major trauma
center?

I've driven MANY miles, without that many problems. I've had one
fender-bender during my driving career. Can you say the same? A good
portion of those miles are emergency (code three) driving. Would you be
capable of handling an Expedition at 110 MPH? Think you can drive well
enough to stay with a Police Interceptor Crown Victoria in a truck that
weighs a ton more?

I am placed under a duty of care by state law, and can be held to greater
punishments than the normal citizen if I injure or kill someone while
responding to an emergency. Therefore, I am always very careful with my
driving, and don't take unnecessary risks.

Oh, and by the way, I have the mental capacity to process all 15 radios at
once, listen to the FM radio, talk on a radio if necessary, and still be
able to out-drive most of the motoring public. I also run a laptop in the
truck at times for mapping purposes, and I can use that too with no
problems. Judging from the improper use of English in your defamatory
message, I would hazard to guess that your words are merely the ramblings
of an uninformed and probably undereducated individual. Perhaps you should
think about getting the whole story before you make comments that display
your ignorance.

Please, any and all flames to me to keep the list uncluttered.
Terry


>you think people who use cell phones are dangerous.  imagine this guy
>trying to monitor 15 radios and drive at the same time!!!!  There is a
>place for that foolishness, and that would be your home, not your truck
>where someone could get hurt.
>
>----Original Message-----
>    >From:       tvsjr <tvsjr sprynet.com>
>    >To:                 Janster <dziadul yahoo.com>
>    >Cc:                 97up-list ford-trucks.com
>    >Subject:            [97up-list] Re: Why 12?
>    >Reply-To:           97up-list ford-trucks.com
>    >Date:       Monday, March 12, 2001 7:51 AM
>    >
>    >----------------------------------------------------------
>    >Support FTE - Check out our store:
>    >http://www.motorhaven.com/
>    >----------------------------------------------------------
>    >
>    >Well, the total on the old one would really be 15 (12 on the roof, one
>    >mounted to a custom bracket on the rear of the vehicle, a dual-band
>    >lip-mounted on the hood, and the factory AM/FM)!!!
>    >
>    >Well, I have quite a few radios installed in the truck. For instance,
I
>    >completely remove the center console, and fill the entire thing up
with
>    >radios. I finally scored a digital camera, so I will have some
> pictures of
>    >the install in the 97 Expy on the net in a few days. I'll post the
> link so
>    >that those who are curious can check out the installation. I'm also
> going
>    >to take pictures during the install into the 2001, so those will be
> posted
>    >as time passes.
>    >
>    >Why? Well, there's a lot of police/fire/government/etc. around this
> area to
>    >monitor and be able to talk to them. You just have to have a ton of
> radios
>    >to be able to do everything that I want successfully.
>    >
>    >Terry
>    >
>    >At 11:05 PM 3/11/01 -0800, Janster wrote:
>    >>12 antenna? I can understand a few but 12? Why so many?
>    >>
>    >>__________________________________________________
>    >>Do You Yahoo!?
>    >>Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you want at great prices.
>    >>http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://auctions.yahoo.com/
>    >
>    >=============================================================
>    >To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
>    >Please remove this footer when replying.
>    >
>    >
>
>=============================================================
>To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
>Please remove this footer when replying.

=============================================================
To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
Please remove this footer when replying.


------------------------------

Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 07:45:46 -0500
From: Ken Payne <kpayne ford-trucks.com>
Subject: ADMIN: Guideline Reminder


A reminder from the Ford Truck Enthusiasts list
guidelines seems to be in order:

Be Courteous.
-Do not post harassing, >>>abusive<<<, racial, sexually explicit, defamatory or obscene comments.

Ken Payne
Admin, Ford Truck Enthusiasts
http://www.ford-trucks.com


------------------------------

From: James Washer <washer trlp.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: New tires
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 12:11:54 -0800


While this is quite dated... about 15 years ago, I ran Michelin M/S
tires...  almost every trip off pavement lead to a rock puncture.. Never
have had a rock puncture since giving up the Michelins... and I do a LOT of
gravel driving... >10kmiles/year on gravel

-----Original Message-----
From: Danny Gaudenti [SMTP:gaudent qnet.com]
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2001 10:08 PM
To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: [97up-list] Re: Fw: New tires

----------------------------------------------------------
Support FTE - Check out our store:
http://www.motorhaven.com/
----------------------------------------------------------

I've heard nothing but good things about the LTX tires, but they are not
cheap.  I'm going to be ordering a set of their M/S tires from Costco ($110
ea) this week.  Michelin now makes a new truck tire, the Cross Terrain SUV.
It's a luxury truck tire meant for street-only use.  If you ever head
off-road, I think you'd want the M/S, or the A/T if you do serious
off-road.

Danny


> > Hi All:
> >
> > I am considering new tires for my 1999 F250 4x4 SB SC.  I have heard
both Toyo M606 & Tranpath s/u and Michelin LTX are good.
> >
> > Does anyone have an opinion as to which is better.
> >
> > Ian...
> >
> Ian,
>
>    I have had Toyo tires in the past on cars.  Nothing bad to say about
them.   Handled well in snow & rain.  The M606 has
> numerous sipes which should help in rain and ice.  The Tranpath
> seems to allow for off road use but has a less aggressive tread.  It
would
be more of a street tire but it does how ever have a
> free 500 mile test.   Michelin makes good tires.  Their LTX lines are
getting good reviews.  They do however have 3 types of LTX;
> M/S, A/S and A/T.  What do you plan on using your truck for?  Do you have
a Costco near you?  I found their prices very good here
> in Windsor.
>
> Regards
>
> Jean Marc Chartier

=============================================================
To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
Please remove this footer when replying.


------------------------------

From: "Ian R. Poyntz" <poyntz canada.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: New tires
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 12:43:13 -0800


James:

Thanks for the info.  Since you have given up on Michelin what tires are you
using now on gravel?

Ian...


----- Original Message -----
From: "James Washer" <washer trlp.com>
To: <97up-list ford-trucks.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2001 12:11 PM
Subject: [97up-list] Re: Fw: New tires


> ----------------------------------------------------------
> Support FTE - Check out our store:
> http://www.motorhaven.com/
> ----------------------------------------------------------
>
> While this is quite dated... about 15 years ago, I ran Michelin M/S
> tires...  almost every trip off pavement lead to a rock puncture.. Never
> have had a rock puncture since giving up the Michelins... and I do a LOT
of
> gravel driving... >10kmiles/year on gravel
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Danny Gaudenti [SMTP:gaudent qnet.com]
> Sent: Monday, March 12, 2001 10:08 PM
> To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
> Subject: [97up-list] Re: Fw: New tires
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> Support FTE - Check out our store:
> http://www.motorhaven.com/
> ----------------------------------------------------------
>
> I've heard nothing but good things about the LTX tires, but they are not
> cheap.  I'm going to be ordering a set of their M/S tires from Costco
($110
> ea) this week.  Michelin now makes a new truck tire, the Cross Terrain
SUV.
> It's a luxury truck tire meant for street-only use.  If you ever head
> off-road, I think you'd want the M/S, or the A/T if you do serious
> off-road.
>
> Danny
>
>
> > > Hi All:
> > >
> > > I am considering new tires for my 1999 F250 4x4 SB SC.  I have heard
> both Toyo M606 & Tranpath s/u and Michelin LTX are good.
> > >
> > > Does anyone have an opinion as to which is better.
> > >
> > > Ian...
> > >
> > Ian,
> >
> >    I have had Toyo tires in the past on cars.  Nothing bad to say about
> them.   Handled well in snow & rain.  The M606 has
> > numerous sipes which should help in rain and ice.  The Tranpath
> > seems to allow for off road use but has a less aggressive tread.  It
> would
> be more of a street tire but it does how ever have a
> > free 500 mile test.   Michelin makes good tires.  Their LTX lines are
> getting good reviews.  They do however have 3 types of LTX;
> > M/S, A/S and A/T.  What do you plan on using your truck for?  Do you
have
> a Costco near you?  I found their prices very good here
> > in Windsor.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Jean Marc Chartier
>
> =============================================================
> To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
> Please remove this footer when replying.
>
> =============================================================
> To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
> Please remove this footer when replying.
>


------------------------------

From: James Washer <washer trlp.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: New tires
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 14:06:04 -0800


Here in the west, (though not in California) there's a tire chain called
Les Schwab.. I've been using there house brand with good luck.. and I abuse
these tires quite a bit.. I routinely drive 70 mph on BAD(tm) gravel roads
in the Nevada desert.  I don't know how makes the tires.. I don't even know
if they are made be the same company year after year. Sorry

- jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian R. Poyntz [SMTP:poyntz canada.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2001 12:43 PM
To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: [97up-list] Re: Fw: New tires

----------------------------------------------------------
Support FTE - Check out our store:
http://www.motorhaven.com/
----------------------------------------------------------

James:

Thanks for the info.  Since you have given up on Michelin what tires are
you
using now on gravel?

Ian...


----- Original Message -----
From: "James Washer" <washer trlp.com>
To: <97up-list ford-trucks.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2001 12:11 PM
Subject: [97up-list] Re: Fw: New tires


> ----------------------------------------------------------
> Support FTE - Check out our store:
> http://www.motorhaven.com/
> ----------------------------------------------------------
>
> While this is quite dated... about 15 years ago, I ran Michelin M/S
> tires...  almost every trip off pavement lead to a rock puncture.. Never
> have had a rock puncture since giving up the Michelins... and I do a LOT
of
> gravel driving... >10kmiles/year on gravel
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Danny Gaudenti [SMTP:gaudent qnet.com]
> Sent: Monday, March 12, 2001 10:08 PM
> To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
> Subject: [97up-list] Re: Fw: New tires
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> Support FTE - Check out our store:
> http://www.motorhaven.com/
> ----------------------------------------------------------
>
> I've heard nothing but good things about the LTX tires, but they are not
> cheap.  I'm going to be ordering a set of their M/S tires from Costco
($110
> ea) this week.  Michelin now makes a new truck tire, the Cross Terrain
SUV.
> It's a luxury truck tire meant for street-only use.  If you ever head
> off-road, I think you'd want the M/S, or the A/T if you do serious
> off-road.
>
> Danny
>
>
> > > Hi All:
> > >
> > > I am considering new tires for my 1999 F250 4x4 SB SC.  I have heard
> both Toyo M606 & Tranpath s/u and Michelin LTX are good.
> > >
> > > Does anyone have an opinion as to which is better.
> > >
> > > Ian...
> > >
> > Ian,
> >
> >    I have had Toyo tires in the past on cars.  Nothing bad to say about
> them.   Handled well in snow & rain.  The M606 has
> > numerous sipes which should help in rain and ice.  The Tranpath
> > seems to allow for off road use but has a less aggressive tread.  It
> would
> be more of a street tire but it does how ever have a
> > free 500 mile test.   Michelin makes good tires.  Their LTX lines are
> getting good reviews.  They do however have 3 types of LTX;
> > M/S, A/S and A/T.  What do you plan on using your truck for?  Do you
have
> a Costco near you?  I found their prices very good here
> > in Windsor.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Jean Marc Chartier
>
> =============================================================
> To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
> Please remove this footer when replying.
>
> =============================================================
> To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
> Please remove this footer when replying.
>

=============================================================
To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
Please remove this footer when replying.


------------------------------

Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 16:37:39 -0800 (PST)
From: Greg reifsnyder <yjtrendsetter yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: I'M SO TIRED OF PROBLEMS



Well ar you must of guessed my ford is again in the shop 6 time in 2
months.. I brought it in for the daytime running light recall.. and now a
week later its screwed no daytime running lights worked fine before i
brought it in... I give up and now the want me to pay 200 bucks for the
repair... forget it i don't need no day time running lights....

Sooo tired of this...
Mark Browning
99 Ford F150 XLT
_________________________________________________________________________
 What recall are you talking about?  And why the heck is your dealership expecting you to pay for repairs related to the DRL system?    Please let me know what's going on!
YJTrendSetter



---------------------------------
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you want at great prices!


------------------------------

From: "Lloyd Rantanen" <lrantan mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Why 12?
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 21:31:18 -0700

Public safety personnel?????
More like public menace or a danger to the public. I can't believe whatever Public Safety Agency you belong to allows you to drive at 110 mph in your POV with lights on top, and just because you have gotten away with it so far doesn't mean it's right or allowed.
"A duty of Care" ? What is that? I have heard of a Duty to Act if you are an EMT. Are you an EMT? Why do you need to speed so much to get to the scene, are your radios different from the cops or firefighter/EMS radios?
Please explain why you feel the need to endanger the public by speeding excessively while listening to 15 radios. Don't your radios have different channels? Have you heard of a scanning feature that radios come with?

Lloyd


------------------------------

From: JPatte5238 aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 00:56:08 EST
Subject: Pigeon Forge

Ken,

Is the Ford-Trucks.com going to be at Pigeon Forge this year?  If so, where
will you be at?  Also, where is the best place to camp?  I finally convinced
my wife in going this year after seeing a small truck show in the Dells.

John Patterson



------------------------------

Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 06:32:04 -0500
From: Ken Payne <kpayne ford-trucks.com>
Subject: Re: Pigeon Forge



>Ken,
>
>Is the Ford-Trucks.com going to be at Pigeon Forge this year?  If so, where
>will you be at?  Also, where is the best place to camp?  I finally convinced
>my wife in going this year after seeing a small truck show in the Dells.
>
>John Patterson

Yeah, we'll be there.  FTE will have a space inside.  Don't know the
location yet.  Also, look for me occasionally hanging out at the Georgia
LoRiders tent on the front lawn.  Keep in mind that this is mainly an
older truck show.... but it is WELL worth it and will probably hook you
on getting an older truck (I've got a 2000 as well as the older ride).

Ken



------------------------------

End of 97up-list Digest V2001 #34
*********************************

Performance Computer Chips for your Ford at discount prices!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Ford Truck  Enthusiasts  offers  Superchips  and  Diablo performance ....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.