Received: with LISTAR (v1.0.0; list 97up-list); Tue, 02 Jan 2001 14:33:27 -0500 (EST)
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 14:33:27 -0500 (EST)
From: Ford Truck Enthusiasts List Server <listar ford-trucks.com>
To: 97up-list digest users <listar ford-trucks.com>
Reply-to: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: 97up-list Digest V2000 #209
Ford Truck Enthusiasts 1997 and Newer Truck Mailing
List(Use the Small Chassis List for Rangers, Explorers,
Aerostars and Bronco IIs.
Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com
To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
the words "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 10:42:11 -0500
From: Ken Payne <kpayne ford-trucks.com>
Subject: ADMIN: Efforts to stop spam
Ford Truck Enthusiasts receives about 20-50 spam e-mails per
day. Fortunately, the list server rejects the postings.
Unfortunately, the rejected e-mails are bounced to the admin
e-mail address (ie, me).
At one point, FTE uses the mail-abuse.org and orbs.org
databases to thwart spam. This practice was discontinued
because a small percentage of users were unable to send
e-mail to FTE because their ISP is listed in either the
mail-abuse and orbs databases.
There are many reasons for being in one of these databases:
1. ISP was submitted to Orbs for testing and was determined
to allow SMTP relaying. ie, their system is wide open to
allowing spammers to bounce mail off their server.
2. ISP was submitted to Orbs for testing and blocked testing.
Usually, testing is blocked because the ISP knows their
mail server is insecure and they do not or cannot fix the
problem. ***This is the primary reason for some of our
users being unable to send us mail.***
3. ISP is a known, reported source of spam and was submitted
4. ISP is a known to allow dial-up users to spam.
Due to the amount of spam received, the mail-abuse and Orbs
lookups have been added back to our mail configuration. If
your e-mail gets blocked by our server, either pressure your
ISP to fix the problem or switch to an ISP that takes spam
seriously. Don't take the excuse from them that the Orbs
test isn't acceptable to them. The only reason for not wanting
to be tested is fear of test failure. The big boys (AOL,
Mindspring, Earthlink, etc.) aren't afraid of Orbs testing and
neither should the little providers.
Admin, Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 13:23:09 -0500
From: Ken Payne <kpayne ford-trucks.com>
Subject: CLUB Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Ford Truck Enthusiasts is pleased to announce an all new club for
its members: Club FTE
Club FTE was created in order to help the enthusiast go beyond the
typical Internet automotive community experience.
1. Provide its members with added benefits (listed later in this
2. Facilitate both on-line and off-line participation on a local,
national and international level.
3. Support the interests of our members in a friendly atmosphere.
4. Preserve the Ford truck, van and SUV hobby and tradition.
5. Provide club sponsored activities.
6. Provide public awareness.
7. Communicate issues of concern to its members.
1. FTE T-Shirt (optional)
2. FTE Bumper sticker.
3. Group Purchase Discounts (first group purchase will be
announced later this week)
4. Your own web site featuring:
20 megabytes of web space, no banner ads, online web page
editor, no knowledge of HTML is required to edit pages,
template based page designer for new users, user insertable
page counter and guestbook, users can upload their own files
via their web browser, create page templates for users to
select from, upload and edit HTML files online, comprehensive
user guide, tutorial and context sensitive help. Advanced
features include support for tables, META tags and style
5. Access to members only section of the message boards.
6. Your web site listed in a membership site guide.
7. Submission of your web site to major search engines.
8. Email account. This is a POP email account, you can use the
email software of your choice and will not have to use web
based email. You have a choice of the following domain names:
9. Quarterly Newsletter
10. Subscription to a member's only e-mail list. This e-mail list
is used to supply SEMA legislative alerts, club announcements,
11. Listing in the member and truck registry.
12. Membership card.
13. Special privileges at the FTE Cruise-In (being planned at this
14. Local chapter registries and web sites, complete with message
15. More features are planned and will be added as membership grows.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.