Please do not repost, forward or otherwise publish messages
contained in these archives without consent from the respective
author(s). These archives may not, in whole or part, be stored on
any public retrieval system (FTP, web, gopher, newsgroup, etc.) by
individuals or companies, without consent of the respective authors.

Received: with LISTAR (v0.128a; list 97up-list); Sat, 10 Jun 2000 06:21:15 -0400 (EDT)
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 06:21:15 -0400 (EDT)
From: Ford Truck Enthusiasts List Server ford-trucks.com>
To: 97up-list digest users ford-trucks.com>
Reply-to: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: 97up-list Digest V2000 #94
Precedence: bulk

==========================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts 1997 and Newer Truck Mailing
List(Use the Small Chassis List for Rangers, Explorers,
Aerostars and Bronco IIs.

Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com

To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
the words "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the
message.
==========================================================

------------------------------------
97up-list Digest Fri, 09 Jun 2000 Volume: 2000 Issue: 094

In This Issue:
Re: Is this common?
Re: Wipers
Re: Is this common?
Re: Starlight Star Bright
Re: Is this common?
The Dreaded Door Crack
Re: Starlight Star Bright
Re: Starlight Star Bright
web addess for the bedskins tonneau
Re: Carpet bed liner
Test
Re: Brite Box
Re: Brite Box

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "George W. Marchewa" tutshi.com>
Subject: Re: Is this common?
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 22:11:01 -0700

Thanks Mark

Yup, it's a new truck so I'm still getting used to its quirks; the 5.4 is
quite a different beast than the 4.9 in my last truck.

If the noises get any worse I'll probably take it into the dealer to have it
checked out, after all, that's what warrantees are for eh?

Have a good weekend

Regards,
George

*Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
Teach him how to fish, > > >and he will sit in a boat & drink beer all day*

-----Original Message-----
From: 97up-list-bounce ford-trucks.com
[mailto:97up-list-bounce ford-trucks.com] On Behalf Of Mark MacDonald
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2000 5:59 PM
To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: [97up-list] Re: Is this common?

Yeap, the truck will be ungodly noisy after you shut it off.... It is
probably the exhaust parts (ie catalytic converter) cooling down... I
usually get people coming into my work saying things like "You must have
just got here.. Your truck is out in the parking lot pinging"...

As for the exhaust noise, I notice that my truck ticks at an idle as well,
but I think I narrowed that down to the AC being on.

You are like me, at first you jump on every little noise it makes, but when
you get used to it, you will never even notice it.







At 05:44 PM 6/8/00 -0700, you wrote:

>Hey Guys
>
>My 1999 F150 has a whopping 3,000k on it and I have a few concerns:
>
>First the truck:
>1999 F150 4x4 SC Triton 5.4l
>
>second the question:
>1) After shutting off the engine the exhaust seems to 'pop' quite
>loudly for a minute or so.
>2) It may be my imagination but the exhaust tone seems to have gotten
>louder, especially heading up hills when it kicks down a gear. At idle it
>seems fine although there is a slight tick.
>
>Is this normal? Comments? Am I just noise anal?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>George
>http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.tutshi.com/f150
>
>*Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
>Teach him how to fish, > > >and he will sit in a boat & drink beer all day*
>
>
>
>-- Binary/unsupported file stripped by Listar --
>-- Type: application/ms-tnef
>-- File: winmail.dat
>
>
>==========================================================
>To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
>the words "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the
>message.

==========================================================
To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
the words "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the
message.


------------------------------

Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 00:14:44 -0500
From: Kevin Jerome arc.net>
Subject: Re: Wipers

You need to replace the "multifunction switch", which is a part of the turn
signal stalk where the wiper control is located. Wipers on my '99 -150 XLT
were comimg on randomly on clear sunny days. Dealer said it's a common
problem. Took 15 mins to replace under warranty.

Mark Browning wrote:

> Hi Guys Well its time to fix my wipers
>
> I noticed now that my wipers go off by them selves around 4 minutes so
> i have to get that fix anyone else fixed theres or had this problem???
>
> thanks let me know...
>
> Mark Browning
> 99 XLT 2WD 4.2L
> SILVER BULLET
> ________________________________________________________________________
> >
> ==========================================================
> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> the words "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the
> message.


------------------------------

Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 00:23:01 -0500
From: Kevin Jerome arc.net>
Subject: Re: Is this common?

Every one I have ever seen (heard) will make loud popping noises for the first
few months, until the exhaust "breaks in". As to the the ticking noise at
idle, mine ('99 -150 XLT 4.6L Romeo) does it too - can't seem to isolate it
though - exhaust leak, lifter, timing chain, transmission, ??? I've already
had the engine replaced once with a new one off the Romeo assy line at 6K miles
for a rod knock that developed.

//Kevin

"George W. Marchewa" wrote:

> Hey Guys
>
> My 1999 F150 has a whopping 3,000k on it and I have a few concerns:
>
> First the truck:
> 1999 F150 4x4 SC Triton 5.4l
>
> second the question:
> 1) After shutting off the engine the exhaust seems to 'pop' quite
> loudly for a minute or so.
> 2) It may be my imagination but the exhaust tone seems to have gotten
> louder, especially heading up hills when it kicks down a gear. At idle it
> seems fine although there is a slight tick.
>
> Is this normal? Comments? Am I just noise anal?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> George
> http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.tutshi.com/f150
>
> *Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
> Teach him how to fish, > > >and he will sit in a boat & drink beer all day*
>
> -- Binary/unsupported file stripped by Listar --
> -- Type: application/ms-tnef
> -- File: winmail.dat
>
> ==========================================================
> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> the words "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the
> message.


------------------------------

From: RSnovi aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 02:00:24 EDT
Subject: Re: Starlight Star Bright

In a message dated 6/9/00 1:11:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time, jeromek arc.net
writes:


i sense someone else on the list is south of mason dixon line!

RS
<<
Reminds me of a Jeff Foxworthy joke "you know you're a Redneck if you put a
lift
kit on your truck but don't readjust your headlights to stop from blinding
people coming the other way at night" or if when stopped by a police
officer, no
matter what it is you were doing wrong, the first words out of your mouth are
"Honestly officer, I only had 2 beers".

Keith Veren wrote: >>

------------------------------

From: "Christian B." hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Is this common?
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 07:23:14 EDT

At 94,000 miles my 97 F150 4X4 4.6L exhaust still "pops" a little every once
in a while.

Chris


>From: Kevin Jerome arc.net>
>Reply-To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
>To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
>Subject: [97up-list] Re: Is this common?
>Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 00:23:01 -0500
>
>Every one I have ever seen (heard) will make loud popping noises for the
>first
>few months, until the exhaust "breaks in". As to the the ticking noise at
>idle, mine ('99 -150 XLT 4.6L Romeo) does it too - can't seem to isolate it
>though - exhaust leak, lifter, timing chain, transmission, ??? I've
>already
>had the engine replaced once with a new one off the Romeo assy line at 6K
>miles
>for a rod knock that developed.
>
>//Kevin
>
>"George W. Marchewa" wrote:
>
> > Hey Guys
> >
> > My 1999 F150 has a whopping 3,000k on it and I have a few concerns:
> >
> > First the truck:
> > 1999 F150 4x4 SC Triton 5.4l
> >
> > second the question:
> > 1) After shutting off the engine the exhaust seems to 'pop' quite
> > loudly for a minute or so.
> > 2) It may be my imagination but the exhaust tone seems to have
>gotten
> > louder, especially heading up hills when it kicks down a gear. At idle
>it
> > seems fine although there is a slight tick.
> >
> > Is this normal? Comments? Am I just noise anal?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > George
> > http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.tutshi.com/f150
> >
> > *Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
> > Teach him how to fish, > > >and he will sit in a boat & drink beer all
>day*
> >
> > -- Binary/unsupported file stripped by Listar --
> > -- Type: application/ms-tnef
> > -- File: winmail.dat
> >
> > ==========================================================
> > To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> > the words "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the
> > message.
>
>==========================================================
>To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
>the words "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the
>message.
>

________________________________________________________________________


------------------------------

From: "Browning, Charles W. (Charlie)" bv.com>
Subject: The Dreaded Door Crack
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 06:23:44 -0500

Well, the Ford "Pope" (area representative - I'll explain the Pope reference
later) looked at my 1997 F-150XLT 4x4 4.6l extended cab (24k miles)
yesterday. I had to leave it at the dealer because the rep 'just shows up'
sometime during the day. I have a crack in the driver's door and cracking
paint on the roof. I left copies of all the information I have gathered
from the http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.f150 online. com/articles/cracks.html
online.com/articles/cracks.html> and
http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/97up/144.html
sites. The F150online
site has a survey and indicates over 62% of the owners out there have
noticed cracks on one or both doors.

Of course, being the 'Pope', I am not allowed to call or talk to him about
the issue (no one at Young Ford in Charlotte, NC will give me his phone
number and he WILL NOT CALL ME). His "dispensation" was Ford has agreed to
replace the driver's door only. When I discussed this decision with the
Body Shop foreman (who seems very sincere in trying to get the situation
resolved), he said he understood that the passenger side will probably crack
soon and that the driver's side will probably crack again in 2-3 years.

I have decided to call Ford Customer Service, 1-800-392-3673 and ask if
anything can be done. My objective is that Ford continues to provide a
warranty on the doors (both) until they correct the design defect, not just
the results of the defect (thus eliminating the probable failure in the
future). If I can't get anywhere with Ford Customer Service, I am going to
seek arbitration. I'm pretty sure it's explained in my warranty or owner's
manual. Finally, if that fails, I intend on contacting Motor Trend, Motor
Week, and a local TV station (the 'consumer advocate' reporter). As many
F-150s as there are in the Charlotte Area, even if only half the F150 owners
call Ford, they'll be overwhelmed.

If anyone has any other ideas, please let me and the list know. By the way,
there is no official recall notice, only SMS 12071:

Message # 12071 (early 1999):

Some 1997-1998 F-150/250 LD (Light Duty) vehicles may exhibit cracks in the
door sheet metal at the lower rear of the belt molding. Engineering is
investigating this concern. To address the customer concerns of immediate
repair, the recommended action is to replace the door assembly. At the end
of the 3rd quarter 1999, a new service procedure will be available to
address this concern. This new procedure will utilize a reinforcement plate
and structural adhesive that will avoid major disassembly of the door. This
will be updated when the procedure is finalized.


Charles W. Browning, P.E.
browningcwbv.com


------------------------------

From: Jimmy Quinn Halliburton.com>
Subject: Re: Starlight Star Bright
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 08:03:28 -0500

There is some very good information on the subject of replacement headlight
systems and the new Xenon headlights at the following sight:
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://lighting.mbz.org/





------------------------------

From: "Noll, William E(Z01981)" apsc.com>
Subject: Re: Starlight Star Bright
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 06:38:27 -0700

>From a drivers perspective,
>True HID lighte like in a 99 BMW, have a very wide beam, it's cut
off on the
>top, as if someone took a knife and cut off the top of the light
beam.

>Very impressive. Even more so on dark twisty roads :-).
>Coupled with high beams - outstanding.
>Not impossible, but difficult to out-drive the lights.
I like the new lights, and am not bothered by them. Consider:
First of all, if you have a high sitting truck, you tend to not be bothered
by the lights of cars behind you.
Secondly, I illuminate the interiors of many cars that I get behind.
Finally, on dark, twisty, and hilly roads, my Ford Truck tends to outperform
"The Ultimate Yuppy Driving Machines". They usually have my headlights in
their rear-views, or watch my tail lights leave them behind in the distance!


------------------------------

From: Doug_Pogatetz3com.com
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 08:56:26 -0500
Subject: web addess for the bedskins tonneau



Here is the address for the bedskins tonneau


www.bedskins.com

Doug



------------------------------

From: DanBrotzman frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: Carpet bed liner
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 09:21:11 -0500

Mark, I have my 99.9 F350 long bed carpeted with an aftermarket kit. I also have a Centry topper with the optional carpet lining inside the topper. The topper carpet and bed carpet match perfectly giving the inside of the bed a completely carpeted, soft, appearence. The cost for the bed carpet kit was $ 267.00 U.S. and was a breeze to install. The manufacturer was "Steel" purchased from the local auto parts store. It is best to install in direct sun light on a hot day. The heat will expand the carpet material so you can stretch it out and remove all of the wrinkles. When the weather gets cooler the carpet will shrink just a little making it appear as though it was form fitted. Since mine is not exposed to the weather I can not tell you how it weathers, however it removes very easily for cleaning if needed. Sorry I can't tell you if the girls like it, but my wife does.
Dan - Wisconsin

-----Original Message-----
From: Ford Truck Enthusiasts List Server [SMTP:listarford-trucks.com]
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2000 7:56 AM
To: 97up-list digest users
Subject: 97up-list Digest V2000 #93



From: "Mark Browning" hotmail.com>
Subject: Carpeted Bed & air bags
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 10:19:56 EDT

I was wondering did anyone get there bed carpeted?
Do you like it?
How much did it cost?(Can)

Does anyone know how much it would be to get air bags suspension on all 4
corners of the truck? I think thats what they call?
These replace the rear leaf springs, thats all i really know and if i don't
get that i was thinking about adjustable shock with air compressor any info
on that???

and installation?
________________________________________________________________________


------------------------------

From: "Pete Calabrese" banet.net>
Subject: Re: Carpeted Bed & air bags
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 11:14:14 -0400

A friend of mine is considering getting the carpet bed for his RAM...I'll
ask him what the price is approximately. It's a short bed so it might be
off a bit, but I'll convert it to CAN for you.

___________________________________________________________________
1991 Mustang LX Coupe 347 : 12.14112 No NOS yet! : 3240w/driver
493RWHP/582RWTQ Griggs, Wilwood, NOS : 11.64121.53 A few years back...
Hudson Valley 5.0 #00 Poughkeepsie Sports Car Club 924EM
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.snkypete.com
1993 Taurus SHO:LPM, C&L : 1998 SeaDoo XPLimited - Coffman equipped!
2000 F-350 CrewCab Powerstroke Lariat LE Dually



-- Binary/unsupported file stripped by Listar --
-- Type: application/ms-tnef



------------------------------

Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 15:30:28 -0700
From: Jaye Mondale ctnis.com>
Subject: Test

Test


------------------------------

Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 19:50:40 -0400
From: RICK KANE netzero.net>
Subject: Re: Brite Box

I have had one on my 99.5 F-250 since it was new and wouldn't be without
it. I do a lot of night driving on two lane country roads and the
better vision given by both the high and low beams is great. To get an
idea, try pulling your dimmer switch to the "flash" position and holding
it there while on a dark road. It has saved the lives of quite a few
small animals and several deer!
_____________________________________________
NetZero - Defenders of the Free World
Click here for FREE Internet Access and Email
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.netzero.net/download/index.html

------------------------------

From: "Steve J. Hodson" mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Brite Box
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 07:24:36 -0400

Does the "flash" position run both elements? I thought it was just the high
beam.
-----Original Message-----
From: RICK KANE netzero.net>
To: 97up-listford-trucks.com <97up-listford-trucks.com>
Date: Friday, June 09, 2000 6:55 PM
Subject: [97up-list] Re: Brite Box


>I have had one on my 99.5 F-250 since it was new and wouldn't be without
>it. I do a lot of night driving on two lane country roads and the
>better vision given by both the high and low beams is great. To get an
>idea, try pulling your dimmer switch to the "flash" position and holding
>it there while on a dark road. It has saved the lives of quite a few
>small animals and several deer!
>_____________________________________________
>NetZero - Defenders of the Free World
>Click here for FREE Internet Access and Email
>http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.netzero.net/download/index.html
>==========================================================
>To unsubscribe, send email to: listarford-trucks.com with
>the words "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the
>message.
>


------------------------------

End of 97up-list Digest V2000 #94
*********************************
----------------------------------------------------------
Ford Truck Enthusiasts 1997 and Newer Truck List

Send posts to 97up-listford-trucks.com

If you ever want to remove yourself from this mailing
list, send an email to:

listarford-trucks.com

with the words "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of
the message.

Visit Our Web Site: http://www.ford-trucks.com
----------------------------------------------------------

....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.