Please do not repost, forward or otherwise publish messages
contained in these archives without consent from the respective
author(s). These archives may not, in whole or part, be stored on
any public retrieval system (FTP, web, gopher, newsgroup, etc.) by
individuals or companies, without consent of the respective authors.

Received: with LISTAR (v0.128a; list 97up-list); Fri, 19 May 2000 18:51:58 -0400 (EDT)
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 18:51:58 -0400 (EDT)
From: Ford Truck Enthusiasts List Server ford-trucks.com>
To: 97up-list digest users ford-trucks.com>
Reply-to: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: 97up-list Digest V2000 #78
Precedence: bulk

==========================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts 1997 and Newer Truck Mailing
List(Use the Small Chassis List for Rangers, Explorers,
Aerostars and Bronco IIs.

Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com

To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
the words "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the
message.
==========================================================

------------------------------------
97up-list Digest Wed, 17 May 2000 Volume: 2000 Issue: 078

In This Issue:
Speaker size for F150
Re: speakers
Re: speakers
Re: speakers
Re: speakers
Re: trany problem i think
Re: speakers
Re: speakers
Re: trany problem i think
SD brake wiring colors
SD brake wiring#2
Re: Modular V8 spark plug wrench

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "Clarke, Gary" per-se.com>
Subject: Speaker size for F150
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 16:47:23 -0400


The speaker size is 5x7 or 5x8. Pioneer makes a two way and
a three way, numbers 6813 and 6815. I used a rear seat lift (4inchs) and
put a bass tube under the seat, as well as a Pioneer 50 disk changer and two
amps.



Does anyone know the speaker sizes for the doors and behind
the seats on a
Ford F-150 1999 regualr cab 2wd and does anyone know a way
to put bass into
this truck.... thanks




------------------------------

From: RSnovi aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 16:48:19 EDT
Subject: Re: speakers

In a message dated 5/17/00 4:22:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mab076 hotmail.com writes:


speaking of speakers i need to know what size my 99F250 SD, i am about tired
of no quality sound! Also how bads the install, I already have All Alpine
components and good wireing, but I was wondering if i can tackle this myself.


RS
<<
Hey...

Does anyone know the speaker sizes for the doors and behind the seats on a
Ford F-150 1999 regualr cab 2wd and does anyone know a way to put bass into
this truck.... thanks
>>

------------------------------

From: jmann living.com
Subject: Re: speakers
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 15:50:29 -0500

Crutchfield's catalog lists the front and the back as 6x8.

www.crutchfield.com

Joe


-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Browning [mailto:mab076 hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2000 3:17 PM
To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: [97up-list] speakers

Hey...

Does anyone know the speaker sizes for the doors and behind
the seats on a
Ford F-150 1999 regualr cab 2wd and does anyone know a way
to put bass into
this truck.... thanks




________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.hotmail.com

==========================================================
To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
the words "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the
message.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 16:01:21 -0500
From: Stan Wright hpcisp.com>
Subject: Re: speakers

I ordered 6x8 Pioneer 3-way speakers from Crutchfield. They replaced the factory
speakers perfectly, and they sound much better.

Installing the front speakers just involves removing the door trim. Not a big
deal. For the rear speakers you have to remove the seat belt mount (on my crew
cab) and then pop the trim off. Spend the money for a trim tool and the correct
bit for the seat belt bolt.

RSnovi aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 5/17/00 4:22:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> mab076 hotmail.com writes:
>
> speaking of speakers i need to know what size my 99F250 SD, i am about tired
> of no quality sound! Also how bads the install, I already have All Alpine
> components and good wireing, but I was wondering if i can tackle this myself.
>
> RS
> <<
> Hey...
>
> Does anyone know the speaker sizes for the doors and behind the seats on a
> Ford F-150 1999 regualr cab 2wd and does anyone know a way to put bass into
> this truck.... thanks
> >>
> ==========================================================
> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> the words "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the
> message.


------------------------------

From: jmann living.com
Subject: Re: speakers
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 16:11:55 -0500

Your truck 99 250 SD is also list as 6x8 front and back, both regular and
super cab. Crutchfield will also ship at no extra charge wiring harness
adapters for the factory speaker wiring. So you wont have to cut the
factory wires. Also included are detailed instructions for installation.
And if you need any special tools, like a door panel remover they will
supply those as well for a small charge.

Ask about returned inventory. They test, sell and warranty this stuff for
about 10 or 15% off their normal price.

Joe


-----Original Message-----
From: RSnovi aol.com [mailto:RSnovi aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2000 3:48 PM
To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: [97up-list] Re: speakers

In a message dated 5/17/00 4:22:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

mab076 hotmail.com writes:


speaking of speakers i need to know what size my 99F250 SD,
i am about tired
of no quality sound! Also how bads the install, I already
have All Alpine
components and good wireing, but I was wondering if i can
tackle this myself.


RS
<<
Hey...

Does anyone know the speaker sizes for the doors and behind
the seats on a
Ford F-150 1999 regualr cab 2wd and does anyone know a way
to put bass into
this truck.... thanks
>>
==========================================================
To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
the words "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the
message.

------------------------------

From: Joe Zysek one.net>
Subject: Re: trany problem i think
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 19:06:53 -0400

my dad has an 99 f150 4.2L ext cab short bed, and it sounds like the exact same
tranny problem. Where are you at maybe we can talk?



joe

Mark Browning wrote:

> Hi i have a 99 Ford F-150 and 4.2L. Ok the problem is that when i
> accelerated the rpms would go way up and the truck felt like it was in
> neutral.(while driving) then i would release the gas and re-apply it and its
> fine did anyone else have this similair problem??? i have it a the dealers
> right now and te want to charge me a $#$ load of cash to check it. and i
> was wondering if anyone out there has a solution to my problem... as well as
> that my wipers go off by them selves some times... if anyone can help me it
> would be greatly apprecated. thanks
>
> ________________________________________________________________________
> >
> ==========================================================
> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> the words "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the
> message.


------------------------------

From: "Steve J. Hodson" mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: speakers
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 20:11:39 -0400

I have a 99 crew cab and I think a set of speakers in the rear doors would
sound a lot better than the existing ones which are partially blocked by the
back seat. I've been thinking of adding a set of 3 ways in the rear doors
and matching these with replacements in the the front doors. The spaces
occupied by the original rear speakers might work well for sub-woofers. Has
anyone done something like this?
-----Original Message-----
From: Stan Wright hpcisp.com>
To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com <97up-list ford-trucks.com>
Date: Wednesday, May 17, 2000 4:01 PM
Subject: [97up-list] Re: speakers


>I ordered 6x8 Pioneer 3-way speakers from Crutchfield. They replaced the
factory
>speakers perfectly, and they sound much better.
>
>Installing the front speakers just involves removing the door trim. Not a
big
>deal. For the rear speakers you have to remove the seat belt mount (on my
crew
>cab) and then pop the trim off. Spend the money for a trim tool and the
correct
>bit for the seat belt bolt.
>
>RSnovi aol.com wrote:
>
>> In a message dated 5/17/00 4:22:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>> mab076 hotmail.com writes:
>>
>> speaking of speakers i need to know what size my 99F250 SD, i am about
tired
>> of no quality sound! Also how bads the install, I already have All
Alpine
>> components and good wireing, but I was wondering if i can tackle this
myself.
>>
>> RS
>> <<
>> Hey...
>>
>> Does anyone know the speaker sizes for the doors and behind the seats on
a
>> Ford F-150 1999 regualr cab 2wd and does anyone know a way to put bass
into
>> this truck.... thanks
>> >>
>> ==========================================================
>> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
>> the words "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the
>> message.
>
>==========================================================
>To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
>the words "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the
>message.
>


------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 21:21:25 -0500
From: Stan Wright hpcisp.com>
Subject: Re: speakers

Speakers in the rear doors...hmmmmm...I never thought about that. That does
sound interesting. The space for the rear speakers might be okay for
subwoofers. I don't remember how much room there is. I put a Bass Bazooka
behind the rear seat. There's plenty of room there if you don't mind moving the
jack or the storage console. Here's a picture of all the stuff behind my
backseat.

http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.hpcisp.com/~swright/fordwire.jpg

There's the Bass Bazooka, power amp, CD changer, and more.

"Steve J. Hodson" wrote:

> I have a 99 crew cab and I think a set of speakers in the rear doors would
> sound a lot better than the existing ones which are partially blocked by the
> back seat. I've been thinking of adding a set of 3 ways in the rear doors
> and matching these with replacements in the the front doors. The spaces
> occupied by the original rear speakers might work well for sub-woofers. Has
> anyone done something like this?
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Stan Wright hpcisp.com>
> To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com <97up-list ford-trucks.com>
> Date: Wednesday, May 17, 2000 4:01 PM
> Subject: [97up-list] Re: speakers
>
> >I ordered 6x8 Pioneer 3-way speakers from Crutchfield. They replaced the
> factory
> >speakers perfectly, and they sound much better.
> >
> >Installing the front speakers just involves removing the door trim. Not a
> big
> >deal. For the rear speakers you have to remove the seat belt mount (on my
> crew
> >cab) and then pop the trim off. Spend the money for a trim tool and the
> correct
> >bit for the seat belt bolt.
> >
> >RSnovi aol.com wrote:
> >
> >> In a message dated 5/17/00 4:22:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> >> mab076 hotmail.com writes:
> >>
> >> speaking of speakers i need to know what size my 99F250 SD, i am about
> tired
> >> of no quality sound! Also how bads the install, I already have All
> Alpine
> >> components and good wireing, but I was wondering if i can tackle this
> myself.
> >>
> >> RS
> >> <<
> >> Hey...
> >>
> >> Does anyone know the speaker sizes for the doors and behind the seats on
> a
> >> Ford F-150 1999 regualr cab 2wd and does anyone know a way to put bass
> into
> >> this truck.... thanks
> >> >>
> >> ==========================================================
> >> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> >> the words "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the
> >> message.
> >
> >==========================================================
> >To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> >the words "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the
> >message.
> >
>
> ==========================================================
> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> the words "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the
> message.


------------------------------

From: "George W. Marchewa" tutshi.com>
Subject: Re: trany problem i think
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 20:02:52 -0700

Shouldn't your '99 still be under warranty? The dealer should not be
charging you to check it.

Regards,
George

*Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
Teach him how to fish, > > >and he will sit in a boat & drink beer all day*

-----Original Message-----
From: 97up-list-bounce ford-trucks.com
[mailto:97up-list-bounce ford-trucks.com] On Behalf Of Joe Zysek
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2000 4:07 PM
To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: [97up-list] Re: trany problem i think

my dad has an 99 f150 4.2L ext cab short bed, and it sounds like the exact
same
tranny problem. Where are you at maybe we can talk?



joe

Mark Browning wrote:

> Hi i have a 99 Ford F-150 and 4.2L. Ok the problem is that when i
> accelerated the rpms would go way up and the truck felt like it was in
> neutral.(while driving) then i would release the gas and re-apply it and
its
> fine did anyone else have this similair problem??? i have it a the dealers
> right now and te want to charge me a $#$ load of cash to check it. and i
> was wondering if anyone out there has a solution to my problem... as well
as
> that my wipers go off by them selves some times... if anyone can help me
it
> would be greatly apprecated. thanks
>
> ________________________________________________________________________
> >
> ==========================================================
> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> the words "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the
> message.

==========================================================
To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
the words "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the
message.


------------------------------

Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 08:07:46 -0500
From: Janster bigfoot.com>
Subject: SD brake wiring colors

This is what I used to connect the Activator II (4 wires) and my SD F250
connector plug-in together:

Ford plug Activator II

Dark Blue Blue(brake output)
Red Black(battery)
Light Green Red(brake pedal input)
White White(ground)
Brown - not used


------------------------------

Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 09:40:16 -0500
From: Janster bigfoot.com>
Subject: SD brake wiring#2

Folks,

My previous post about the trailer brake wiring colors is what I used
and everything seems to work perfect. Of course the color code between
Ford, the Activator II brake controller, and the Bargman 7-way round
trailer connector were ALL different (I wired in a 7-way round just in
case I would ever have to pull something that needed back-up lights.).
When I was checking the colors, I used Ford's trailer tow schematic they
sent w/ the trailer tow pkg and cross referenced everything according to
function. Again, everything works fine.

As a side note, be wary on your first trailer pull. The first trailer I
tried to pull taught me alot. It had it's brake/battery leads reversed
and also required more than the default settings from the brake
controller. I had to boost them up significantly, probably indicating
mal-adjusted brakes. The next trailer almost locked up the brakes w/ the
previous setting I used. Default settings are okay.

Wired


------------------------------

Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 18:48:08 -0500
Subject: Re: Modular V8 spark plug wrench
From: Brett L Habben juno.com>

William,
My fear was how to retrieve the spark plug/socket/extension if I dropped
it down the hole. And after watching Red Green I got an added brain
storm; Duct tape the socket to the extention!
Thanks for the info.
Brett
>Use a standard (5/8ths?) spark plug socket wrench with an extension.
When
>you pull the old plug, make sure that the "cushion" inside the socket is
>snug enough to pull the plug up and out. When installing the new plugs,
make
>sure the "cushion" inside the socket is loose enough to pull out the
socket
>after torquing, otherwise, the socket will want to stay put when pulling
out
>the extension.
>"Noll, William E(Z01981)" ....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.