Please do not repost, forward or otherwise publish messages
contained in these archives without consent from the respective
author(s). These archives may not, in whole or part, be stored on
any public retrieval system (FTP, web, gopher, newsgroup, etc.) by
individuals or companies, without consent of the respective authors.

Received: with LISTAR (v0.128a; list 97up-list); Wed, 26 Apr 2000 18:50:02 -0400 (EDT)
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 18:50:02 -0400 (EDT)
From: Ford Truck Enthusiasts List Server ford-trucks.com>
To: 97up-list digest users ford-trucks.com>
Reply-to: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: 97up-list Digest V2000 #61
Precedence: bulk

==========================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts 1997 and Newer Truck Mailing
List(Use the Small Chassis List for Rangers, Explorers,
Aerostars and Bronco IIs.

Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com

To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
the words "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the
message.
==========================================================

------------------------------------
97up-list Digest Tue, 25 Apr 2000 Volume: 2000 Issue: 061

In This Issue:
Replacement Fuel Tank
replacement fuel tank
Re: replacement fuel tank
Re: Bad Vibes?
ADMIN: Re: Guess What? More Jokes!!!!!!!!!1
Windstar A/C question
Re: Bad Vibes?
SD trailer bracket
Re: SD trailer bracket
Re: SD trailer bracket
Re: Speaking of Gauges - I need a good Trans temp
Re: Speaking of Gauges - I need a good Trans tempgauge
Re: Speaking of Gauges - I need a good Trans temp
Re: SD trailer bracket
Re: Bad Vibes?
Re: SD trailer bracket

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 20:37:39 -0400
From: Clem earthlink.net>
Subject: Replacement Fuel Tank

Thanks to all who responded. I sort of heard some "concerns" with Aero
but didn't want to bias the question when I asked it. Actually, there
are several reasons for my wanting more capacity.

When towing my RV, I like the idea of chosing where I get fuel.
Especially when there are some states where I don't want have to pay
more (please, spare me the economics of capitalizing the investment -
it's as much principal as anything). This summer, I'm planning a long
vacation trip up North so there's a lot to be said for the extra range.

My truck is a supercab short-bed 2WD so the transfer case isn't a
problem. There really is a lot of extra unused space down there for
it. I wanna put it to good use. And weight isn't an issue because I
seldom care anything in the back. My truck is a work mule to pull an RV
(not 5th wheel) so a couple hundred pounds of "ballast" underneath won't
hurt. In fact, it's gonna help me in the snow some to get some weight
in the back half.

And as far as answer "C" is concerned, it isn't a problem. One of the
nice things about the Y2K diesels is that there are no catalytic
converters at all. Just one big beefy exhaust pipe. I wouldn't do it
if it wasn't safe. When I retire from the Military in a couple years, I
want to do some serious sight seeing. A few trips out west make it
worth my while!

Keep em clattering..... Clem!


------------------------------

From: "Ray and Diane" home.com>
Subject: replacement fuel tank
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 21:07:15 -0400

You own a 2000 f-250 supercab, and it only holds 28 gallons of fuel? I was
under the impression
the tank held 39 gallons,is this truck a short bed? I own a 1999 f-350
supercab and my tank holds
38 plus gallons of deisel fuel. Just wondering.
Thanks Ray Wright
e-mail: tworites home.com


------------------------------

Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 18:21:54 -0700
From: johny netapp.com>
Subject: Re: replacement fuel tank

Short beds get 29, long beds get 39 gallon tanks.

Ray and Diane wrote:

> You own a 2000 f-250 supercab, and it only holds 28 gallons of fuel? I was
> under the impression
> the tank held 39 gallons,is this truck a short bed? I own a 1999 f-350
> supercab and my tank holds
> 38 plus gallons of deisel fuel. Just wondering.
> Thanks Ray Wright
> e-mail: tworites home.com
>
> ==========================================================
> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> the words "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the
> message.




------------------------------

From: RRESTORE aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 22:28:03 EDT
Subject: Re: Bad Vibes?

Hi all, a quick question please: I love my '97 4.6 Flareside. I've
enjoyed every one of the 34,300 miles so far but only recently I've noticed
that after idling for a minute or two in drive but stopped, a very annoying
engine vibration sets in. If almost feels as if the engine wants to die, but
then it settles down to near perfection again. But after another minute, it
will start to vibrate once again, any ideas on where to start? My baby runs
perfect. I've changed the air filter and oil always on time, do I have a
sensor going bad here? Thanks for all the replies.

John Mc
'97 Flareside 4.6

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 23:31:38 -0400
From: Ken Payne ford-trucks.com>
Subject: ADMIN: Re: Guess What? More Jokes!!!!!!!!!1

-snip-

>A blonde teenage girl comes home from school and asks her mother, "Is it
>true what Rita just told me

Keep it clean.

Ken Payne
Admin, Ford Truck Enthusiasts
http://www.ford-trucks.com




------------------------------

From: "Joe Scott" hotmail.com>
Subject: Windstar A/C question
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 23:43:02 EDT

The A/c in my '98 Windstar quit working and I found that if I bypass the
compressor clutch cycling switch, it works fine. Do these go bad often, or
does the A/C need recharged?
________________________________________________________________________


------------------------------

From: "Christian Bagley" hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Bad Vibes?
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 07:17:59 EDT

I have a 97 4.6L Flare side too. My plug wires went bad around 56K miles.
I would check the plug wires first. All you have to do is pull them off and
look at them. If you have rust on them, you should probably replace all of
them. The problem with the setup of these new engines is that the plugs are
in a cylinder type "hole" deep in the engine and the plug wires are suppose
to seal this so water does not get down there, but water does find it's way
down there sometimes and causes premature rust and wire failure. This may
be your problem and doesn't cost any money to check. Also, if you have a
K&N air filter, take it out and check the air intake plastic ducting for
excessive oil from the filter. Hope this helps.

Chris
n VA


> Hi all, a quick question please: I love my '97 4.6 Flareside. I've
>enjoyed every one of the 34,300 miles so far but only recently I've noticed
>that after idling for a minute or two in drive but stopped, a very annoying
>engine vibration sets in. If almost feels as if the engine wants to die,
>but
>then it settles down to near perfection again. But after another minute,
>it
>will start to vibrate once again, any ideas on where to start? My baby
>runs
>perfect. I've changed the air filter and oil always on time, do I have a
>sensor going bad here? Thanks for all the replies.
>
>John Mc
>'97 Flareside 4.6

________________________________________________________________________


------------------------------

Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 08:11:49 -0500
From: Janster bigfoot.com>
Subject: SD trailer bracket

Hi Folks,

I hope this email isn't redundant, but I checked the archives and
couldn't find any info on it. I have a 1999 Super Duty (early '98) F250
w/ trailer tow package. It came from the factory w/ a 4-pin flat trailer
connector (light-duty) instead of the 7-way round, heavier duty
connector. For a Super Duty, I thought this was weird as it didn't fit
the concept for a heavier duty truck and it went against what was
normally outfitted for other "light" duty Ford trucks, Expeditions, and
vans. My '96 F150 had the heavier duty 7-way and also came w/ an adapter
for a 4-pin. Apparently, Ford outfitted all first-run Super Duty's w/
these light duty connectors instead of the heavier duty connectors. Has
anybody else felt this way or noticed this? I've been playing hell
trying to find a 7-way connector bracket that'll replace the 4-pin
bracket instead of buying the $78.00 Ford piece. There aren't many
mounting holes back there.

Bracketless


------------------------------

From: "jahl" pipeline.com>
Subject: Re: SD trailer bracket
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 09:12:53 -0400

I had the same situation on my '99 F350 and had the dealer install the
connector "kit." I don't remember that the cost was even $75 (it was more
than a year ago), but I do remember that the installation included some
additional relays as well as the addition to the wiring harness at the rear
of the truck to add the 7pin connector.....



------------------------------

From: RSnovi aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 09:39:24 EDT
Subject: Re: SD trailer bracket

In a message dated 4/26/00 9:13:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dziadul bigfoot.com writes:

Well when the local hitch guy i use wired mine for trailer brakes he just
used the bracket you get with the 7 wire round, i still have use of 4 flat
for ocassional boat pulling. Its kinda wierd though I dont even own
something that is 7 way, all of my stuff is 6 way, but just in case i have to
pull a big enclosed trailer somewhere i went big, i can always step the size
down.

It is kinda strange how you see F 150s and expy's all wired with 7 way round
factory, I think all they could pull that uses that is a RV cramper.

RS
<<

Hi Folks,

I hope this email isn't redundant, but I checked the archives and
couldn't find any info on it. I have a 1999 Super Duty (early '98) F250
w/ trailer tow package. It came from the factory w/ a 4-pin flat trailer
connector (light-duty) instead of the 7-way round, heavier duty
connector. For a Super Duty, I thought this was weird as it didn't fit
the concept for a heavier duty truck and it went against what was
normally outfitted for other "light" duty Ford trucks, Expeditions, and
vans. My '96 F150 had the heavier duty 7-way and also came w/ an adapter
for a 4-pin. Apparently, Ford outfitted all first-run Super Duty's w/
these light duty connectors instead of the heavier duty connectors. Has
anybody else felt this way or noticed this? I've been playing hell
trying to find a 7-way connector bracket that'll replace the 4-pin
bracket instead of buying the $78.00 Ford piece. There aren't many
mounting holes back there.

Bracketless >>

------------------------------

From: jmann living.com
Subject: Re: Speaking of Gauges - I need a good Trans temp
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 09:14:32 -0500

Opps! I forgot about the O'Sh_t Handle (sorry Ken, that's what we call it
around these parts) on the A-pillar of my truck. I don't know if Ford did
this before the 2000, but on my 00 4x4 they've install these WICKED handles
on both A-pillars of my truck. These damn things are real HEAD KNOCKERS!
They're nothing like the handles you would find in European or Japanese
cars. This things have solid steel cores and if you bump into them with your
noggin it's like bouncing you head of the truck frame, OUCH!

Anyway, there's only about a 6 inch length of clear A-Pillar from the dash
to the bottom of the handle. And no, I don't want to take it off. Does
anyone have know how much clear A-Pillar is required to mount a single Gauge
Pod?



-----Original Message-----
From: Stan Wright [mailto:swright hpcisp.com]
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2000 7:00 PM
To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: [97up-list] Re: Speaking of Gauges - I need
a good Trans tempgauge

How about a real oil pressure guage? It's my impression
that the Ford oil
pressure guages don't show real oil pressure, it's just a
'yes/no' kind of
thing.

jmann living.com wrote:

> I just wanted to thank everyone for their valuable input
on my request for
> Trans Temp gauge and gauge pillar pod information.
>
> On a 2000 F-150 Lariat 4x4, does anyone have a
recommendation for a second
> gauge, besides Tans temp? A single gauge would look sort
of lonely by
> itself.
>
> Joe Mann
> Austin, TX.
>
> www.living.com
>
> ==========================================================
> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> the words "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the
> message.

==========================================================
To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
the words "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the
message.

------------------------------

From: "Pete Calabrese" banet.net>
Subject: Re: Speaking of Gauges - I need a good Trans tempgauge
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 10:20:57 -0400

It's only a few inches 3-4" tops...my 00 only has the Oh #$% handle on the
passenger side. You can get the bolt/rivet-on single pod and it will fit
fine. If it's like the handle I have on the passenger, you could probably
get away with the two gauge pod.

___________________________________________________________________
1991 Mustang LX Coupe 347 : 12.14 112 No NOS yet! : 3240w/driver
493RWHP/582RWTQ Griggs, Wilwood, NOS : 11.64 121.53 A few years back...
Hudson Valley 5.0 #00 Poughkeepsie Sports Car Club 924EM
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.snkypete.com
1993 Taurus SHO:LPM, C&L : 1998 SeaDoo XPLimited - Coffman equipped!
2000 F-350 CrewCab Powerstroke Lariat LE Dually

-----Original Message-----
From: 97up-list-bounce ford-trucks.com
[mailto:97up-list-bounce ford-trucks.com]On Behalf Of jmann living.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2000 10:15 AM
To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: [97up-list] Re: Speaking of Gauges - I need a good Trans
tempgauge


Opps! I forgot about the O'Sh_t Handle (sorry Ken, that's what we call it
around these parts) on the A-pillar of my truck. I don't know if Ford did
this before the 2000, but on my 00 4x4 they've install these WICKED handles
on both A-pillars of my truck. These damn things are real HEAD KNOCKERS!
They're nothing like the handles you would find in European or Japanese
cars. This things have solid steel cores and if you bump into them with your
noggin it's like bouncing you head of the truck frame, OUCH!

Anyway, there's only about a 6 inch length of clear A-Pillar from the dash
to the bottom of the handle. And no, I don't want to take it off. Does
anyone have know how much clear A-Pillar is required to mount a single Gauge
Pod?



-----Original Message-----
From: Stan Wright [mailto:swright hpcisp.com]
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2000 7:00 PM
To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: [97up-list] Re: Speaking of Gauges - I need
a good Trans tempgauge

How about a real oil pressure guage? It's my impression
that the Ford oil
pressure guages don't show real oil pressure, it's just a
'yes/no' kind of
thing.

jmann living.com wrote:

> I just wanted to thank everyone for their valuable input
on my request for
> Trans Temp gauge and gauge pillar pod information.
>
> On a 2000 F-150 Lariat 4x4, does anyone have a
recommendation for a second
> gauge, besides Tans temp? A single gauge would look sort
of lonely by
> itself.
>
> Joe Mann
> Austin, TX.
>
> www.living.com
>
> ==========================================================
> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> the words "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the
> message.

==========================================================
To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
the words "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the
message.
==========================================================
To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
the words "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the
message.



------------------------------

From: RSnovi aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 11:38:47 EDT
Subject: Re: Speaking of Gauges - I need a good Trans temp

In a message dated 4/26/00 10:12:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jmann living.com writes:

I don't remember seeing the A Pillar UH OH handles, mounted one on drivers
side? Atleast on most of the ones i have seen, I guess i am just used to
hopping up in with the nerf bars. I do have on passenger side. Drivers just
wear out the steering wheel for assistance, lol!

RS


<<
Opps! I forgot about the O'Sh_t Handle (sorry Ken, that's what we call it
around these parts) on the A-pillar of my truck. I don't know if Ford did
this before the 2000, but on my 00 4x4 they've install these WICKED handles
on both A-pillars of my truck. These damn things are real HEAD KNOCKERS!
They're nothing like the handles you would find in European or Japanese
cars. This things have solid steel cores and if you bump into them with your
noggin it's like bouncing you head of the truck frame, OUCH!

Anyway, there's only about a 6 inch length of clear A-Pillar from the dash
to the bottom of the handle. And no, I don't want to take it off. Does
anyone have know how much clear A-Pillar is required to mount a single Gauge
Pod?

>>

------------------------------

From: "Keith Veren" worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: SD trailer bracket
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 16:37:41 -0400

If that had happened to me, I would have (very nicely) told the dealership
to put the 7-way heavy-duty connector on my truck immediately of I will not
take delivery, I would also point out to him the even the lighter-duty
Expeditions have 7-way connections. If I had already taken delivery, I
would have told the dealer to please install the heavy duty 7-way connector
or I will write about my experiences in the form they mail me 2 months after
I purchase my truck, asking about my experience with the dealership. If he
still does not budge, I would flat-out ask him if his saving $75 now will be
give him more profit than he would get by my being a regular customer,
bringing my truck back here for service, repairs, etc. I think a reasonable
businessman would take the $75 loss, make the customer happy, and then raise
hell with Ford!

Keith


----- Original Message -----
From: "Janster" bigfoot.com>
To: "97 up list" <97up-list ford-trucks.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2000 9:11 AM
Subject: [97up-list] SD trailer bracket


> Hi Folks,
>
> I hope this email isn't redundant, but I checked the archives and
> couldn't find any info on it. I have a 1999 Super Duty (early '98) F250
> w/ trailer tow package. It came from the factory w/ a 4-pin flat trailer
> connector (light-duty) instead of the 7-way round, heavier duty
> connector. For a Super Duty, I thought this was weird as it didn't fit
> the concept for a heavier duty truck and it went against what was
> normally outfitted for other "light" duty Ford trucks, Expeditions, and
> vans. My '96 F150 had the heavier duty 7-way and also came w/ an adapter
> for a 4-pin. Apparently, Ford outfitted all first-run Super Duty's w/
> these light duty connectors instead of the heavier duty connectors. Has
> anybody else felt this way or noticed this? I've been playing hell
> trying to find a 7-way connector bracket that'll replace the 4-pin
> bracket instead of buying the $78.00 Ford piece. There aren't many
> mounting holes back there.
>
> Bracketless
>
> ==========================================================
> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> the words "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the subject of the
> message.
>
>


------------------------------

Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 15:44:42 -0500
From: Tiny home.com>
Subject: Re: Bad Vibes?


Group,
I too have this happening to me
I have changed the wires and plugs
new Air filter, oil change with Mobil 1 5w30 etc...
I have taken it to the dealer twice where their "scanner jockeys" said
they
could not find any problems. On the way home it started to do it so I
turned around
back to the dealer but (OF COURSE) it had stopped by then
I thought I might be crazy but passengers feel it also
Thanks
TiNy 1997 F150 supercab XL 4.6 61,000 miles

>
> Hi all, a quick question please: I love my '97 4.6 Flareside. I've
> enjoyed every one of the 34,300 miles so far but only recently I've noticed
> that after idling for a minute or two in drive but stopped, a very annoying
> engine vibration sets in. If almost feels as if the engine wants to die, but
> then it settles down to near perfection again. But after another minute, it
> will start to vibrate once again, any ideas on where to start? My baby runs
> perfect. I've changed the air filter and oil always on time, do I have a
> sensor going bad here? Thanks for all the replies.
>
> John Mc
> '97 Flareside 4.6

------------------------------

From: "Steve J. Hodson" mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: SD trailer bracket
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 19:33:01 -0400

My 99 F350 came with a 4 way but had the 7 way in the glove box as a small
kit. The pigtail was in place to make the connection.
-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Veren worldnet.att.net>
To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com <97up-list ford-trucks.com>
Date: Wednesday, April 26, 2000 3:36 PM
Subject: [97up-list] Re: SD trailer bracket


>If that had happened to me, I would have (very nicely) told the dealership
>to put the 7-way heavy-duty connector on my truck immediately of I will not
>take delivery, I would also point out to him the even the lighter-duty
>Expeditions have 7-way connections. If I had already taken delivery, I
>would have told the dealer to please install the heavy duty 7-way connector
>or I will write about my experiences in the form they mail me 2 months
after
>I purchase my truck, asking about my experience with the dealership. If he
>still does not budge, I would flat-out ask him if his saving $75 now will
be
>give him more profit than he would get by my being a regular customer,
>bringing my truck back here for service, repairs, etc. I think a
reasonable
>businessman would take the $75 loss, make the customer happy, and then
raise
>hell with Ford!
>
>Keith
>
>
>----- Original Message -----
>From: "Janster" bigfoot.com>
>To: "97 up list" <97up-list ford-trucks.com>
>Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2000 9:11 AM
>Subject: [97up-list] SD trailer bracket
>
>
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> I hope this email isn't redundant, but I checked the archives and
>> couldn't find any info on it. I have a 1999 Super Duty (early '98) F250
>> w/ trailer tow package. It came from the factory w/ a 4-pin flat trailer
>> connector (light-duty) instead of the 7-way round, heavier duty
>> connector. For a Super Duty, I thought this was weird as it didn't fit
>> the concept for a heavier duty truck and it went against what was
>> normally outfitted for other "light" duty Ford trucks, Expeditions, and
>> vans. My '96 F150 had the heavier duty 7-way and also came w/ an adapter
>> for a 4-pin. Apparently, Ford outfitted all first-run Super Duty's w/
>> these light duty connectors instead of the heavier duty connectors. Has
>> anybody else felt this way or noticed this? I've been playing hell
>> trying to find a 7-way connector bracket that'll replace the 4-pin
>> bracket instead of buying the $78.00 Ford piece. There aren't many
>> mounting holes back there.
>>
>> Bracketless
>>
>> ==========================================================
>> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.