From: owner-97up-list-digest ford-trucks.com (97up-list-digest)
To: 97up-list-digest ford-trucks.com
Subject: 97up-list-digest V2 #311
Reply-To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Sender: owner-97up-list-digest ford-trucks.com
Errors-To: owner-97up-list-digest ford-trucks.com
Precedence: bulk


97up-list-digest Tuesday, November 16 1999 Volume 02 : Number 311



=======================================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1997 and Newer Trucks and Vans
Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To unsubscribe, send email to:
majordomo ford-trucks.com
with the words "unsubscribe 97up-list-digest" in the body of the
message.
=======================================================================
In this issue:

FTE 97up - 4.30 rear end on V10
FTE 97up - Re: 97up-list-Re:Super Duty Brakes!
FTE 97up - Re: 97up-list-Re:Super Duty Brakes!
Re: FTE 97up - Box height
Re: FTE 97up - 4.30 rear end on V10
Re: FTE 97up - Re: 97up-list-Re:Super Duty Brakes!
FTE 97up - Still waiting for my 00 SD
Re: FTE 97up - Re: 97up-list-Re:Super Duty Brakes!
Re: FTE 97up - Need a pickup bed (update)
RE: FTE 97up - Still waiting for my 00 SD
Re: FTE 97up - Still waiting for my 00 SD
FTE 97up - Gift ideas for a father who loves his truck...
Re: FTE 97up - Still waiting for my 00 SD
Re: FTE 97up - Gift ideas for a father who loves his truck...
Re: FTE 97up - Gift ideas for a father who loves his truck...
Re: FTE 97up - Still waiting for my 00 SD
Re: FTE 97up - Still waiting for my 00 SD
Re: FTE 97up - Gift ideas for a father who loves his truck...
Re: FTE 97up - Gift ideas for a father who loves his truck...
Re: FTE 97up - Buying a vehicle Still waiting for my 00 SD
Re: FTE 97up - Still waiting for my 00 SD

=======================================================================

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 07:04:10 -0800
From: "rb213"
Subject: FTE 97up - 4.30 rear end on V10

I recently ordered a '00 F350 CC V10 in Ca., so it has to come with the
Ca. emissions package. When the dealer ordered this truck he came back to me
and said that this truck can only be ordered with a 4.30 LS rear end. This
is the default option. I checked it out on the Kelly blue book sight and
CarPoint and it seems that this is the only rear end that I can get with
this truck. Does anyone know a way around this?
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Bob Bradford

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 07:26:25 -0800
From: "Gil Patricio"
Subject: FTE 97up - Re: 97up-list-Re:Super Duty Brakes!

I remember your problem from before. Did you try removing your ABS fuse
and then driving it? With the ABS fuse removed, you will get an amber ABS
light immediately upon start-up but your brakes will work just fine. Drive
it for a short while, and if it does the same thing, you know it is not the
ABS.

Gil Patricio
99' F150
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://home.san.rr.com/patricio/truck/f150.jpg

- ----- Original Message -----
> Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 10:29:24 -0800
> From: Dave Santo
> Subject: Re: FTE 97up - Re:Super Duty Brakes!
>
> Reading all the responses for the SD brake problems, I still have a
> problem with my 2000 SD 4x4 brakes(Lariat w/abs). I took it into the
> dealer, and after being ASKED BY THE DEALER to bring it back in to be
> checked (the service person test drove it with me and noticed what it
> was doing), they now tell me that there is nothing wrong(???).
> Nothing wrong with the brakes and nothing wrong with the ABS system.
> Problem noticed when driven off the lot with 8 miles on it!
>
> When I come to a stop it is very smooth UNTIL 1/10 OF A SECOND
> IMMEDIATELY BEFORE COMING TO A FULL AND COMPLETE STOP. It STILL feels
> like the ABS releases the brakes and INSTANTANEOUSLY REAPPLIES THEM.
> And, I have also noticed that when I release my foot off of the brake
> pedal, to take-off from a full and complete stop, it feels like the
> brakes are releasing properly, but, it also feels like SOMETHING ELSE
> IS ALSO RELEASING (and going back to where IT was?).
>
> To describe this a little more... it kind of feels like (NOT THAT IT
> IS!) an axle is "rotating" in one direction when stopping and it
> rotates "back" as I take off. I've got about 600 miles on the SD now.
> Dealer wants to see it again at about 1,000-1,500 miles if it's still
> doing it.
>
> Any more thoughts from the Group would be definitely appreciated! TIA.


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 11:10:43 -0700
From: Alan Bowes
Subject: FTE 97up - Re: 97up-list-Re:Super Duty Brakes!

Hi Gil,

What you suggest is true, at least from an electronic or "logic" standpoint.
Removing the ABS fuse will disable the electronic circuitry that senses
wheel-lock conditions and modulates the brake pressure, and this test could
isolate the circuitry as the problem area.

However, it's also important to remember that a number of ABS mechanical
components are still part of the working system, but functioning in "default
mode." So apart from any possible problems with the electronic control
circuitry, there is still a possibility of a problem with certain mechanical
components of the ABS system.

Alan


Gil Patricio wrote:

> I remember your problem from before. Did you try removing your ABS fuse
> and then driving it? With the ABS fuse removed, you will get an amber ABS
> light immediately upon start-up but your brakes will work just fine. Drive
> it for a short while, and if it does the same thing, you know it is not the
> ABS.
>
> Gil Patricio
> 99' F150

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 14:42:57 EST
From: RSnovi aol.com
Subject: Re: FTE 97up - Box height

In a message dated 11/11/99 4:37:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
balit sk.sympatico.ca writes:


well i have short box with similar setup, and i am at 7340 w/ me in it
(190)and 3/4 tank.

as for the scratch, depend on how bad it is.

the TSB is free as far is i know.

RS



Date: 11/11/99 4:37:47 PM Eastern Standard Time
From: balit sk.sympatico.ca (Harold P. Balitski)
Sender: owner-97up-list ford-trucks.com
Reply-to: 97up-list ford-trucks.c
om
To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com

I have a few questions.

I have a 99 F250 PSD SC long box 4X4.

1. I cannot comfortably get the truck under my 5th wheel without the
rear of the box almost contacting the bottom part of the trailer. I
need to have the TSB done that pertains to this problem. I would like
to know if anybody has had this done, and what costs am I responsible
for.

2. Does anybody on this list have a comparable truck and has had it
weighed. I would like to know what it weighs as I would like to
calculate how to load my trailer, by moving the load to different
areas, so i do not exceed the GVW of the truck. Our closest scale that
works is approx. 250 miles from my hometown.

3. I have, gone offroad, and scratched the clearcoat on the Hunter
Green paint, which leaves a white strip in the center of the scratch.
I would like to know if there is any easy method of repair.

Thanks
Harold
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html


----------------------- Headers --------------------------------
Return-Path:
Received: from rly-yb04.mx.aol.com (rly-yb04.mail.aol.com [172.18.146.4])
by air-yb02.mail.aol.com (v62.15) with ESMTP; Thu, 11 Nov 1999 16:37:47 -0500
Received: from ford-trucks.com (ford-trucks.com [192.41.63.203]) by
rly-yb04.mx.aol.com (v63.6) with ESMTP; Thu, 11 Nov 1999 16:37:35 -0500
Received: (fordtruc localhost) by ford-trucks.com (8.8.5) id QAA14419; Thu,
11 Nov 1999 16:30:06 -0500 (EST)
Received: from raiden.sk.sympatico.ca (raiden.sk.sympatico.ca
[142.165.5.180]) by ford-trucks.com (8.8.5) id QAA14365; Thu, 11 Nov 1999
16:30:03 -0500 (EST)
Received: from sk.sympatico.ca (sktnsk01d051801122.sk.sympatico.ca
[142.165.123.122])
by raiden.sk.sympatico.ca (8.9.1/8.8.6) with ESMTP id PAA33869380
for ; Thu, 11 Nov 1999 15:30:01 -0600 (CST)
Message-ID:
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 15:35:37 -0600
From: "Harold P. Balitski"
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.7 [en] (Win98; U)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: FTE 97up - Box height
References:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Sender: owner-97up-list ford-trucks.com
Precedence: bulk
Reply-To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com

>>
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 09:39:33 -0800
From: Gene Ball
Subject: Re: FTE 97up - 4.30 rear end on V10

I have a 4X4 with 3.73 LS wish I had the 4.30 LS !
It would make it a little nicer to put taller tires on it.
By the way my truck has a V10, it's a 99 crewcab shortbed.
Gene

rb213 wrote:

> I recently ordered a '00 F350 CC V10 in Ca., so it has to come with the
> Ca. emissions package. When the dealer ordered this truck he came back to me
> and said that this truck can only be ordered with a 4.30 LS rear end. This
> is the default option. I checked it out on the Kelly blue book sight and
> CarPoint and it seems that this is the only rear end that I can get with
> this truck. Does anyone know a way around this?
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> Bob Bradford
>
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html



== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:15:05 EST
From: RSnovi aol.com
Subject: Re: FTE 97up - Re: 97up-list-Re:Super Duty Brakes!

In a message dated 11/15/99 1:17:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
inbox todacosa.com writes:


Anyone notice when you hit a bump going down hill i notice the brakes seem to
skip, which is not a nice feeling when coming up on a light. I don't know if
its the rear ABS kicking in due to the low front end, which i plan on
rectifying some soon.

Does anyone know where i can get a tread depth gauge?

thanks
RS

Date: 11/15/99 1:17:16 PM Eastern Standard Time
From: inbox todacosa.com (Alan Bowes)
Sender: owner-97up-list ford-trucks.com
Reply-to: 97up-list ford-trucks.c
om
To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com

Hi Gil,

What you suggest is true, at least from an electronic or "logic" standpoint.
Removing the ABS fuse will disable the electronic circuitry that senses
wheel-lock conditions and modulates the brake pressure, and this test could
isolate the circuitry as the problem area.

However, it's also important to remember that a number of ABS mechanical
components are still part of the working system, but functioning in "default
mode." So apart from any possible problems with the electronic control
circuitry, there is still a possibility of a problem with certain mechanical
components of the ABS system.

Alan


Gil Patricio wrote:

> I remember your problem from before. Did you try removing your ABS fuse
> and then driving it? With the ABS fuse removed, you will get an amber ABS
> light immediately upon start-up but your brakes will work just fine. Drive
> it for a short while, and if it does the same thing, you know it is not the
> ABS.
>
> Gil Patricio
> 99' F150

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html


----------------------- Headers --------------------------------
Return-Path:
Received: from rly-yh01.mx.aol.com (rly-yh01.mail.aol.com [172.18.147.33])
by air-yh03.mail.aol.com (v62.15) with ESMTP; Mon, 15 Nov 1999 13:17:15 -0500
Received: from ford-trucks.com (ford-trucks.com [192.41.63.203]) by
rly-yh01.mx.aol.com (v63.6) with ESMTP; Mon, 15 Nov 1999 13:17:01 -0500
Received: (fordtruc localhost) by ford-trucks.com (8.8.5) id NAA09436; Mon,
15 Nov 1999 13:14:51 -0500 (EST)
Received: from mail.wasatch.com (root ns.wasatch.com [204.99.129.2]) by
ford-trucks.com (8.8.5) id NAA09426; Mon, 15 Nov 1999 13:14:48 -0500 (EST)
X-Authentication-Warning: ford-trucks.com: Host root ns.wasatch.com
[204.99.129.2] claimed to be mail.wasatch.com
Received: from todacosa.com (209.63.191.51) by mail.wasatch.com with esmtp
(Linux Smail3.2.0.102 #1) id m11nQeM-000bL9C; Mon, 15 Nov 1999 11:14:46
- -0700 (MST)
Message-ID:
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 11:10:43 -0700
From: Alan Bowes
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.7 [en] (Win98; I)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: FTE 97up - Re: 97up-list-Re:Super Duty Brakes!
References:

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Sender: owner-97up-list ford-trucks.com
Precedence: bulk
Reply-To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com

>>
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:37:48 -0500
From: "Douglas Petschow"
Subject: FTE 97up - Still waiting for my 00 SD

Just got off the phone with my dealer today and he told me that my truck is
still not been scheduled yet, meaning I will be waiting a minumum of 3 more
months for this thing. I ordered the truck 6 months ago. He says he has 00 in
and I can come down and look at them which I plan on doing but if that doesn't
work out I don't know what I'm going to do. I live in Jersey and was wondering
if this is common in every state? Any suggestions on what I should do?
Anything at this point will be greatly appreciated!
-Doug-




== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 12:48:04 -0900
From: "Erik Marquez"
Subject: Re: FTE 97up - Re: 97up-list-Re:Super Duty Brakes!

- -----Original Message-----
From: RSnovi aol.com

Subject: Re: FTE 97up - Re: 97up-list-Re:Super Duty Brakes!


>inbox todacosa.com writes:

>Does anyone know where i can get a tread depth gauge?
>
Most any parts store will have them near the pressure gages and plug kits.
Or try your local NAPA store.

Erik Marquez
bronco78 mosquitonet.com
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.mosquitonet.com/~bronco78
Home of the BB decal
And a new to us 97 F350 CC 4x4 PSD

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 17:09:02 -0500
From: "Steve J. Hodson"
Subject: Re: FTE 97up - Need a pickup bed (update)

Thanks for the update! When my 99 F350 (crew cab srw 4x4 8 ft bed) was very
late arriving I almost bought an F450 chassis cab and started down this
path. I may do it some day just for fun though I don't need even the
capacity of my 350.
By the way, on my truck there is a lot of space under the rear cab floor
that is contiguous with the space under the bed that holds the 38 gallon
tank. I've thought about looking for an extra tank to mount in this space,
it looks like it would hold ~ 20 gallons. If I could find a fabricator who
could do plastics like the OEM tank it would be possible to make this all
one unit with ~ 58 gal capacity. With a second tank it would require either
a transfer pump or finding a place to route a second filler neck and door.
I don't know if this space exists on an F450 and I'm not sure of your cab
type.

- -----Original Message-----
From: RAMWORKER aol.com
To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Date: Sunday, November 14, 1999 7:45 PM
Subject: FTE 97up - Need a pickup bed (update)


>Need a pickup bed update.
>
>You might recall this thread from a couple of months ago that a friend of
>mine wanted an F-450 pickup.
>
>The project is complete! The bed is on the F-450. We couldn't find a red
bed
>so the order was changed to white. This truck actually arrived early. It
was
>supposed to be delivered in mid December and
>Arrived in early November. Here's how to mount the bed.
>
>Step 1 Order the truck with the small 19-gallon fuel tank. If you order the
>40-gallon tank, you're going to lose it when you cut the rear frame rails
>later.
>Step 2 Have the wheelbase shortened 4" by moving the axle forward or
cutting
>the frame between the rear axle and cab. It seems to me that shortening the
>frame would have been easier, but the shop wanted to move the axle forward.
>You'll need to shorten the driveshaft and emergency brake cable.
>Step 3 Mount the bed, this proved to be much easier than we've previously
>discussed. The frame rails on the chassis cab are narrower than the pickup
>truck by about 2." There are several ways to overcome this. By using
>outriggers you can compensate for the width and elevation differences. We
>used small square tube steel cut to the length of the depth of the frame
rail
>and welded to the outboard of the frame rails in a vertical position. The
>mounting bolts are about 1" longer than the tube steel and go through the
>tube steel.
>Step 4 Cut the excess frame rail length behind the bed. Be sure to leave
>enough of the frame rails so you can mount your rear bumper.
>Step 5 Hook up the fuel filler. A very straightforward operation, no
problems
>here.
>Step 6 Buy and mount a new F-450 emblem on the tailgate, about $12.00
>Step 7 Buy and mount the high mounted brake light, about $36.00. The wiring
>is already in place and clipped to the factory installed block-off plate.
>
>The different rear track of the chassis cab vs. the pickup was absolutely
no
>problem. It's difficult to tell in a cursory examination that Ford doesn't
>build this. It looks great. The truck has about 700 miles on it now and the
>only remaining problem is what to do about fuel capacity. 19 gallons of
fuel
>while getting 10~12 MPG makes for a short cruising range.
>
> Best Regards,
> Robert
>
>
>
>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 17:17:50 -0500
From: "Shaun Mahoney"
Subject: RE: FTE 97up - Still waiting for my 00 SD

I live just north of Jersey in Rockland County New York and ordered my 2000
F250 with a V-10 in late August. The truck arrived in mid-October. If that
is the story your dealer is telling you, he is jerking your chain. It does
NOT take 6 months to get a 2000 Super Duty, not matter what
engine/package/configuration you are looking for. The only way a dealer can
get cut off is if they exceed their custom quota for a period. Most of the
dealers were allowed say 2 custom trucks per period plus a certain number of
general configuration packages (what is on the lot). Once a dealer uses up
their custom allotment for a given period, they must wither wait until the
next period or make a deal with another dealership for a truck order.
Certain dealers have production priority and a larger number of custom
allowances per general configuration group. This is of course based on
overall sales per dealership. Even if your dealer used up their quota, they
should have been able to get another in the next period (about 3 months).
Even if it added 3 months to your wait, It still only takes 10 weeks to get
the truck. I suggest that you look for an alternate dealer. There are dozens
in the New Jersey area as well as New York and Pennsylvania. I would suggest
a dealer that sells a lot of trucks. In jersey try a dealer in the
Midwestern part of the state near the horse country, they sell a lot of F350
PSD's there as well as in PA. I purchased mine at Dan Buckey Ford in New
York. There are three Ford dealers within 10 miles of my place, and all can
order a 2000 within 12 weeks.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-97up-list ford-trucks.com
[mailto:owner-97up-list ford-trucks.com] On Behalf Of Douglas Petschow
Sent: Monday, November 15, 1999 4:38 PM
To: 97up-list-digest ford-trucks.com
Subject: FTE 97up - Still waiting for my 00 SD



Just got off the phone with my dealer today and he told me that my truck is
still not been scheduled yet, meaning I will be waiting a minumum of 3 more
months for this thing. I ordered the truck 6 months ago. He says he has 00
in
and I can come down and look at them which I plan on doing but if that
doesn't
work out I don't know what I'm going to do. I live in Jersey and was
wondering
if this is common in every state? Any suggestions on what I should do?
Anything at this point will be greatly appreciated!
-Doug-




== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:35:03 -0600
From: "Union Auto"
Subject: Re: FTE 97up - Still waiting for my 00 SD

The dealers can order the trucks any way they want. Their is no custom or
general configuration trucks. However, you will find certain combinations
on lots more prevalantly due to production (IE few Crew cabs or V-10's). As
for waiting for V-10's it will vary from dealer to dealer (slightly), but
for the Kansas City region there were 650 Sold V-10 orders and production
for the month was 115, so it could easily wind up being a 6 month wait.
This wasn't the case 3 months ago, but there has been a sudden surge of V-10
sales.

Nathan Bernard
Union Auto, Inc.

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Shaun Mahoney
To:
Sent: Monday, November 15, 1999 4:17 PM
Subject: RE: FTE 97up - Still waiting for my 00 SD


> I live just north of Jersey in Rockland County New York and ordered my
2000
> F250 with a V-10 in late August. The truck arrived in mid-October. If that
> is the story your dealer is telling you, he is jerking your chain. It does
> NOT take 6 months to get a 2000 Super Duty, not matter what
> engine/package/configuration you are looking for. The only way a dealer
can
> get cut off is if they exceed their custom quota for a period. Most of the
> dealers were allowed say 2 custom trucks per period plus a certain number
of
> general configuration packages (what is on the lot). Once a dealer uses up
> their custom allotment for a given period, they must wither wait until the
> next period or make a deal with another dealership for a truck order.
> Certain dealers have production priority and a larger number of custom
> allowances per general configuration group. This is of course based on
> overall sales per dealership. Even if your dealer used up their quota,
they
> should have been able to get another in the next period (about 3 months).
> Even if it added 3 months to your wait, It still only takes 10 weeks to
get
> the truck. I suggest that you look for an alternate dealer. There are
dozens
> in the New Jersey area as well as New York and Pennsylvania. I would
suggest
> a dealer that sells a lot of trucks. In jersey try a dealer in the
> Midwestern part of the state near the horse country, they sell a lot of
F350
> PSD's there as well as in PA. I purchased mine at Dan Buckey Ford in New
> York. There are three Ford dealers within 10 miles of my place, and all
can
> order a 2000 within 12 weeks.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: owner-97up-list ford-trucks.com
> [mailto:owner-97up-list ford-trucks.com] On Behalf Of Douglas Petschow
> Sent: Monday, November 15, 1999 4:38 PM
> To: 97up-list-digest ford-trucks.com
> Subject: FTE 97up - Still waiting for my 00 SD
>
>
>
> Just got off the phone with my dealer today and he told me that my truck
is
> still not been scheduled yet, meaning I will be waiting a minumum of 3
more
> months for this thing. I ordered the truck 6 months ago. He says he has
00
> in
> and I can come down and look at them which I plan on doing but if that
> doesn't
> work out I don't know what I'm going to do. I live in Jersey and was
> wondering
> if this is common in every state? Any suggestions on what I should do?
> Anything at this point will be greatly appreciated!
> -Doug-
>
>
>
>
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 15:04:51 PST
From: "Matthew Marietta"
Subject: FTE 97up - Gift ideas for a father who loves his truck...

To any and all who may receive this:

My father is a Ford F150 enthusiast, if there ever was one.

His 52nd birthday is just around the corner, and I would really
like to get him something for his new baby (a '99 Eddie Bauer,
4x4 F150 with all of the options). He drooled over
every F150 he saw for the last five years and finally decided
to bite the bullet and get one--he never splurges on himself,
but when it came to the truck he spared little expense...and
I can't even begin to explain the enjoyment he gets from it.

Now that his birthday approaches I can't think of anything that
he would enjoy more than something for his truck, however, I know
little about what is out there. When I looked on the net and found
your group I thought you may be able to offer some suggestions.

So, think of what you would love to have most for your vehicles and
drop me a line...any and all suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt




______________________________________________________
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 18:41:55 EST
From: DJBurry aol.com
Subject: Re: FTE 97up - Still waiting for my 00 SD

Doug,
I think you are getting jacked around by the dealer. If you have a good
paper trail I would call the local district Ford rep. and tell him the story,
support it with your paper work. He can speed up the process and get your
truck in 6 weeks. He can move the priority number up and have the truck
built "Pronto". It is worth a shot. I know I would have someone's "Tuckus"
on the carpet. Dave Burry...Denver..

P.S. I just ordered a 2000 SD and it is taking about 9 weeks. Truck is
built, there is a shortage of rail cars at KTP (Kentucky Truck Plant).
Ordered the truck on 9/18 delivery 11/26. "Ride-em Cowboy".....
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 18:56:39 -0500
From: "Steve J. Hodson"
Subject: Re: FTE 97up - Gift ideas for a father who loves his truck...

Wow! My son is only 13 but when I'm 55 and he's 26th I hope he is as
thoughtful as you. I have a 99 F350 XLT crew cab which I really like and
since your Dad has the Eddie Bauer I can't imagine there is much is missing
from this truck. One pet peeve that I have about my truck is that when it's
drizzling out I can't drive with the windows cracked open a little. I don't
know if the Eddie Bauer comes with rain / wind deflectors installed on the
doors but if it doesn't (and if you don't live in the desert) you might
consider a set of these. Lots of auto parts places sell 'stick on' versions
which I've heard work just fine but I'm planning on buying a set for my
truck that attach with thin stainless steel clips. They require no drilling
and aren't supposed to scratch the paint. They can be removed if need be.
Ford might sell some if you ask the Dealer. Here is the link to the company
that sells the ones I like.

http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://204.127.238.41/Notape.html

- -----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Marietta
To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Date: Monday, November 15, 1999 6:05 PM
Subject: FTE 97up - Gift ideas for a father who loves his truck...


>
> To any and all who may receive this:
>
> My father is a Ford F150 enthusiast, if there ever was one.
>
> His 52nd birthday is just around the corner, and I would really
> like to get him something for his new baby (a '99 Eddie Bauer,
> 4x4 F150 with all of the options). He drooled over
> every F150 he saw for the last five years and finally decided
> to bite the bullet and get one--he never splurges on himself,
> but when it came to the truck he spared little expense...and
> I can't even begin to explain the enjoyment he gets from it.
>
> Now that his birthday approaches I can't think of anything that
> he would enjoy more than something for his truck, however, I know
> little about what is out there. When I looked on the net and found
> your group I thought you may be able to offer some suggestions.
>
> So, think of what you would love to have most for your vehicles and
> drop me a line...any and all suggestions are much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt
>
>
>
>
>______________________________________________________
> >== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:55:33 -0800
From: johny
Subject: Re: FTE 97up - Gift ideas for a father who loves his truck...

Pick a price range. The skys the limit here :-).

Here's a site, that might give you some starting ideas.
Order the Ford variant of the catalog.
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.performanceproducts.com/home.asp
or even
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.4WheelParts.com/

>From magazines subscriptions to
license plate holders to
lift kits and super chargers you have quite a
broad range of choices. ($20, $30, , $ thousands)

Gift certificates from his favorite auto parts store, or local ford
dealership (accessories) is a possibility as well.
Then he's forced to spend the money :-).

Hey, how about an on-line account and computer, and point him here :-).


Matthew Marietta wrote:

> To any and all who may receive this:
>
> My father is a Ford F150 enthusiast, if there ever was one.
>
> His 52nd birthday is just around the corner, and I would really
> like to get him something for his new baby (a '99 Eddie Bauer,
> 4x4 F150 with all of the options). He drooled over
> every F150 he saw for the last five years and finally decided
> to bite the bullet and get one--he never splurges on himself,
> but when it came to the truck he spared little expense...and
> I can't even begin to explain the enjoyment he gets from it.
>
> Now that his birthday approaches I can't think of anything that
> he would enjoy more than something for his truck, however, I know
> little about what is out there. When I looked on the net and found
> your group I thought you may be able to offer some suggestions.
>
> So, think of what you would love to have most for your vehicles and
> drop me a line...any and all suggestions are much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt
>
> ______________________________________________________
> > == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html



== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 19:47:31 -0600
From: "Toni L. Thomas"
Subject: Re: FTE 97up - Still waiting for my 00 SD

Hi, Doug! I am new to this list and mainly subbed as I am thinking about
getting a new Ranger. I was wondering, when you ordered your new
truck...or before you ordered it...did you go to any of the online,
supposedly cheaper sites? Like Carpoint.com, AuotVantage or AutoByTel? I
am curious. Supposedly this is supposed to be a no-haggle way to get a
new vehicle at a considerably cheaper price than your local dealer would
have. I was snooping around the web the other nite and ran into a site
that had the MSRP for a 2000 Ranger 4X4 at 15,6something, with a
destination charge of $516. This is considerably cheaper than what I
have seen advertised around me (Wisconsin), the cheapest, and I'm not so
sure this is cheap, is $18,990 AFTER REBATES. I know it is possible to
get a new Ford at barely above cost as my uncle worked at Ford up in the
Twin Cities for 20 some years and he could get a new vehicle every 2
years at barely above cost. Anyway, this is my plan, sorta bypassing,
other than picking it up, the $3000 the dealership rakes off ya! Do you
know anyone that has went this route? Or tried this.
Thanks for any info,
Toni
>
> Just got off the phone with my dealer today and he told me that my truck is
> still not been scheduled yet, meaning I will be waiting a minumum of 3 more
> months for this thing. I ordered the truck 6 months ago. He says he has 00 in
> and I can come down and look at them which I plan on doing but if that doesn't
> work out I don't know what I'm going to do. I live in Jersey and was wondering
> if this is common in every state? Any suggestions on what I should do?
> Anything at this point will be greatly appreciated!
> -Doug-
>
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

- --
"When I lose my way and need to be reminded
of what joy feels like, what it looks like
I turn to the animals...
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 21:09:01 EST
From: RSnovi aol.com
Subject: Re: FTE 97up - Still waiting for my 00 SD

In a message dated 11/15/99 4:41:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dpetschow metlife.com writes:


if your in NJ , go to downs ford, i know a bunch of those guys, they will
take care of you, if they dont have it the can get it.

RS

Date: 11/15/99 4:41:10 PM Eastern Standard Time
From: dpetschow metlife.com (Douglas Petschow)
Sender: owner-97up-list ford-trucks.com
Reply-to: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
To: 97up-list-digest ford-trucks.com



Just got off the phone with my dealer today and he told me that my truck is
still not been scheduled yet, meaning I will be waiting a minumum of 3 more
months for this thing. I ordered the truck 6 months ago. He says he has 00
in
and I can come down and look at them which I plan on doing but if that
doesn't
work out I don't know what I'm going to do. I live in Jersey and was
wondering
if this is common in every state? Any suggestions on what I should do?
Anything at this point will be greatly appreciated!
-Doug-




== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html


----------------------- Headers --------------------------------
Return-Path:
Received: from rly-zc03.mx.aol.com (rly-zc03.mail.aol.com [172.31.33.3]) by
air-zc03.mail.aol.com (v62.15) with ESMTP; Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:41:10 -0500
Received: from ford-trucks.com (ford-trucks.com [192.41.63.203]) by
rly-zc03.mx.aol.com (v63.6) with ESMTP; Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:40:55 -0500
Received: (fordtruc localhost) by ford-trucks.com (8.8.5) id QAA08915; Mon,
15 Nov 1999 16:37:00 -0500 (EST)
Received: from metint45.metlife.com (host.metlife.com [204.146.159.35]) by
ford-trucks.com (8.8.5) id QAA08892; Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:36:58 -0500 (EST)
X-Authentication-Warning: ford-trucks.com: Host host.metlife.com
[204.146.159.35] claimed to be metint45.metlife.com
X-Server-Uuid: c68c68cc-fda5-11d2-bf12-0008c7db53ea
X-Server-Uuid: 734eaade-fd7f-11d2-af45-0008c7db79cc
From: "Douglas Petschow"
To:
Message-ID:
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:37:48 -0500
Subject: FTE 97up - Still waiting for my 00 SD
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-WSS-ID: 142EA31B75997-05-02
X-WSS-ID: 142EA31990311-01-02
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset=us-ascii
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Sender: owner-97up-list ford-trucks.com
Precedence: bulk
Reply-To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com

>>
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 18:55:03 -0800
From: denton sprague
Subject: Re: FTE 97up - Gift ideas for a father who loves his truck...

Ill bet he is tickled! Being 55 years young myself, I can think of nothing
better I would like to have is a gift certificate from the local detail
shop! Especially during the winter!

Matthew Marietta wrote:

> To any and all who may receive this:
>
> My father is a Ford F150 enthusiast, if there ever was one.
>
> His 52nd birthday is just around the corner, and I would really
> like to get him something for his new baby (a '99 Eddie Bauer,
> 4x4 F150 with all of the options). He drooled over
> every F150 he saw for the last five years and finally decided
> to bite the bullet and get one--he never splurges on himself,
> but when it came to the truck he spared little expense...and
> I can't even begin to explain the enjoyment he gets from it.
>
> Now that his birthday approaches I can't think of anything that
> he would enjoy more than something for his truck, however, I know
> little about what is out there. When I looked on the net and found
> your group I thought you may be able to offer some suggestions.
>
> So, think of what you would love to have most for your vehicles and
> drop me a line...any and all suggestions are much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt
>
> ______________________________________________________
> > == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 22:04:48 -0600
From: tvsjr sprynet.com
Subject: Re: FTE 97up - Gift ideas for a father who loves his truck...

If he wants the ultimate in tank, check out: http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.roadarmor.com

Of course, you may have to reinforce the front suspension to carry the
weight! ;-)

Terry

At 04:55 PM 11/15/1999 -0800, you wrote:
>Pick a price range. The skys the limit here :-).
>
>Here's a site, that might give you some starting ideas.
>Order the Ford variant of the catalog.
>http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.performanceproducts.com/home.asp
>or even
>http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.4WheelParts.com/
>
>>From magazines subscriptions to
>license plate holders to
>lift kits and super chargers you have quite a
>broad range of choices. ($20, $30, , $ thousands)
>
>Gift certificates from his favorite auto parts store, or local ford
>dealership (accessories) is a possibility as well.
>Then he's forced to spend the money :-).
>
>Hey, how about an on-line account and computer, and point him here :-).
>
>
>Matthew Marietta wrote:
>
>> To any and all who may receive this:
>>
>> My father is a Ford F150 enthusiast, if there ever was one.
>>
>> His 52nd birthday is just around the corner, and I would really
>> like to get him something for his new baby (a '99 Eddie Bauer,
>> 4x4 F150 with all of the options). He drooled over
>> every F150 he saw for the last five years and finally decided
>> to bite the bullet and get one--he never splurges on himself,
>> but when it came to the truck he spared little expense...and
>> I can't even begin to explain the enjoyment he gets from it.
>>
>> Now that his birthday approaches I can't think of anything that
>> he would enjoy more than something for his truck, however, I know
>> little about what is out there. When I looked on the net and found
>> your group I thought you may be able to offer some suggestions.
>>
>> So, think of what you would love to have most for your vehicles and
>> drop me a line...any and all suggestions are much appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Matt
>>
>> ______________________________________________________
>> >> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>
>
>
>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 00:43:48 -0600
From: Steve #1
Subject: Re: FTE 97up - Buying a vehicle Still waiting for my 00 SD

"Toni L. Thomas" wrote:

> Hi, Doug! I am new to this list and mainly subbed as I am thinking about
> getting a new Ranger. I was wondering, when you ordered your new
> truck...or before you ordered it...did you go to any of the online,
> supposedly cheaper sites? Like Carpoint.com, AuotVantage or AutoByTel? I
> am curious. Supposedly this is supposed to be a no-haggle way to get a
> new vehicle at a considerably cheaper price than your local dealer would
> have. I was snooping around the web the other nite and ran into a site
> that had the MSRP for a 2000 Ranger 4X4 at 15,6something, with a
> destination charge of $516. This is considerably cheaper than what I
> have seen advertised around me (Wisconsin), the cheapest, and I'm not so
> sure this is cheap, is $18,990 AFTER REBATES. I know it is possible to
> get a new Ford at barely above cost as my uncle worked at Ford up in the
> Twin Cities for 20 some years and he could get a new vehicle every 2
> years at barely above cost. Anyway, this is my plan, sorta bypassing,
> other than picking it up, the $3000 the dealership rakes off ya! Do you
> know anyone that has went this route? Or tried this.
> Thanks for any info,
> Toni

Toni,
Auto by Tell is the easy way to get a vehicle cheep, but if you aren't
intimidated by sales men you can do just as well on your own. If you are ordering a
vehicle, have the dealer do a "concept". This will show the price for the vehicle
and the individual options. He'll also have another sheet which he won't show you,
but you need to ask for. It will show invoice prices. The more expensive the
vehicle is, the closer you should be able to get to invoice. I wouldn't pay more
than $100 over for a 4X4 Ranger.
When the salesman starts to give you the line about that being his cost, and he
needs to make some money to keep the lights on etc. remind him that the holdback will
take care of his lights.
I worked a deal on my 00 Focus, that should be arriving next month, for $100 over
invoice. The only reason I went that high is because it is an inexpensive vehicle
and the 3% holdback doesn't amount to much.
If you are buying a vehicle that is on the lot, ask to see the stock card. This
also tells the invoice price for each option. Be sure the VIN on the stock card
matches the VIN on the vehicle.


- --
Steve #1....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.