97up-list-digest Thursday, June 4 1998 Volume 01 : Number 105



=======================================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1997 and Newer Trucks and Vans
Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To unsubscribe, send email to:
majordomo ford-trucks.com
with the words "unsubscribe 97up-list-digest" in the body of the
message.
=======================================================================
In this issue:

Re: FTE 97up - Trition Badge
Re: FTE 97up - RECALL
Re: FTE 97up - Remote Starting System
Re: FTE 97up - Trition Badge
Re: FTE 97up - Engine knock - 97 Expedition 5.4L
FTE 97up - Wiring Schematic Detail
FTE 97up - oops - found it. Please diregard ealier post
Re: FTE 97up - Triton Badge
RE: FTE 97up - Triton Badge
Re: FTE 97up - RECALL
Re: FTE 97up - RECALL
Re: FTE 97up - RECALL
FTE 97up - Please nominate Ford Truck Enthusiasts
FTE 97up - Using 4-Low W/ hubs unlocked

=======================================================================

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 07:59:10 -0500
From: "Union Auto"
Subject: Re: FTE 97up - Trition Badge

The Triton badges are on 1998 models. It comes with either the 4.6L or the
5.4L. If your looking to add them to a 1997 they come as a complete
assembly with the F-150 emblem.

Nathan Bernard
Union Auto, Inc.

- -----Original Message-----
From: Jack Bowell
To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Date: Tuesday, June 02, 1998 10:13 PM
Subject: FTE 97up - Trition Badge


>Can anyone tell me what models and/or years get the Triton V-8 badge on the
>left and right sides of the truck under the F-150 badge? Did this start
>with 1998 or is only on the larger V-8 and not the 4.6L? Just curious.
>
>Also, if one wanted to apply 4x4 stickers to "non-4x4" F-150 where can one
>go to purchase these?
>
>
>Jack Bowell
>JBowell msn.com
>1997 XLT, 4.2L, ext cab, black, auto, styleside
>ON ORDER= 1999 XLT, 4.6L, ext cab, dark tord., auto, flareside
>
>
>
>= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
>Send posts to: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
>Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
>"unsubscribe 97up-list" in the message body.
>=======================================================================

= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 97up-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 11:17:37 -0400
From: Chad Royse
Subject: Re: FTE 97up - RECALL

Remember, nothing is free. Sometimes sh!t happens and if Ford is willing to take
responsibillity for it, that's great. But if every one starts complaining about
wanting a replacement vehicle even for recalls, then bottom lines are going to start
suffering. If they suffer too much, we are the ones who'll pay.

Bill wrote:

> Well guys there's one good dealer in Ann Arbor, Michigan, sells the Lincoln and
> will pick your Lincoln up within 50 miles and leave you a new Lincoln to drive
> with a full tank of gas, when warranty repairs have been made to your car they
> return the car and pick up the loaner. You have to love a dealer like that!
> These recalls are getting out of hand, its only done to keep the government off
> there backs. Next time you buy a $34K truck demand a free loaner be wrote into
> the sale agreement, if the dealer wouldn't do it try another dealer (sometimes it
> works). Take anything back to K-Mart and exchange it no questions ask, auto
> dealers sure should be able to spring for a car of some kind to drive. Several in
> the lower Michigan will, but you have to let it be known you expect it and will
> not settle for less.
>
> Ken Payne wrote:
>
> > At 02:59 AM 6/2/98 EDT, you wrote:
> > >Why is it that no dealer will give me a truck to use for the day when my
> > truck
> > >is in for the recall?My feelings are,if you build a truck,sell a truck(FOR
> > >$34000.00)then you should provide a truck for the guy who has to lose a truck
> > >for a day because you screwed up building it.
> > > Mark
> >
> > This is pretty standard with all auto companies. I don't
> > see how a dealer could possibly offer a loaner to hundred
> > (thousands?) of people coming in with recall notices.
> >
> > Ken Payne
> >
> > = Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
> > Send posts to: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
> > Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
> > "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the message body.
> > =======================================================================
>
> = Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
> Send posts to: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
> Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
> "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the message body.
> =======================================================================



= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 97up-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 11:34:57 -0400
From: Chad Royse
Subject: Re: FTE 97up - Remote Starting System

1) I think the DesignTech was about $110 for one with a built in remote (you can get
them without, to add on to an existing alarm). It also had a healthy 400ft range.

2)The DesignTech was fairly simple in my opinion. It came with great instructions
and useful information. They also have a web site with up to date info. The Avital
was 4 years ago and at that time, it's instructions were very poor.

3) Just my suggestion: When I installed the DesignTech I was able to use the squeeze
on wire taps (anybody know what they're really called?) for the entire installation.
I'm not a very big crimp on butt-connector fan. The taps are a little more bulky but
they don't require you to cut your factory wiring and only removes a minute amount if
insulation from the wire. So if you ever removed it, an ultra small amount of
silicone would protect the wire from corrosion.

Chris Foye wrote:

> Hi Chad/Ford Listers,
>
> Two questions for you. 1.) How much did the units cost? and 2.) How
> difficult were the installations?
>
> Chris



= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 97up-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 12:02:00 EDT
From: BigFords1 aol.com
Subject: Re: FTE 97up - Trition Badge

I have an F-150, bought in late December of 97. It has the Triton V-8 badge
under the F-150.
= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 97up-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 12:04:26 EDT
From: BigFords1 aol.com
Subject: Re: FTE 97up - Engine knock - 97 Expedition 5.4L

My Expedition had a knocking whenever I would push hard on the gas. I took it
to the dealer and they found that it was a blown gasket, they fixed it for
free, NO HASSLES.
= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 97up-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 12:18:40 -0400
From: Bill Yarnell
Subject: FTE 97up - Wiring Schematic Detail

At one point I saw a web address to detailed wiring schematics for the
99 super duty. Even connected to the site, but can't find it again.
Would someone please repost or reply direct?
I just ordered an F350 Crew Cab Dually and am expecting about a three
month wait. Should be able to memorize the wiring by then :-)

Thanx in advance
Bill Yarnell


= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 97up-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 12:25:13 -0400
From: Bill Yarnell
Subject: FTE 97up - oops - found it. Please diregard ealier post

It is at www.meadowlandford.com
More detail than you can absorb in on byte.

= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 97up-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 14:48:49 -0500
From: magee zebra.net (Stephen Magee)
Subject: Re: FTE 97up - Triton Badge

Michael Kisielewski wrote:
>
> >Can anyone tell me what models and/or years get the Triton V-8 badge on
> the
> >left and right sides of the truck under the F-150 badge? Did this
> start
> >with 1998 or is only on the larger V-8 and not the 4.6L? Just curious.
>
> >
> >Also, if one wanted to apply 4x4 stickers to "non-4x4" F-150 where can
> one
> >go to purchase these?
> >
> >
> >Jack Bowell
> >JBowell msn.com
> >1997 XLT, 4.2L, ext cab, black, auto, styleside
> >ON ORDER= 1999 XLT, 4.6L, ext cab, dark Toreador Red, auto, flareside,
> >single CD player (finally!)
I have a "Triton Badge" and my truck has the 4.6L engine. They might be
installed at the option of the dealership but I cannot say for sure.

S. Magee


>
> Jack,
>
> Yes, the Triton badge is only on the trucks with the 5.4l engine. As for
> your other question, I don't understand why one would want to put the
> 4X4 stickers on a 4X2 truck. However you can get them at a dealer. The
> part numbers were just listed in a post yesterday I believe.
>
> Michael
>
> = Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
> Send posts to: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
> Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
> "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the message body.
> =======================================================================
= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 97up-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 13:54:41 -0600
From: "Stout, John Paul (MCI)"
Subject: RE: FTE 97up - Triton Badge

I have a 98 F150 with the 4.6L V8, I have the Triton badge, on both sides of
the cab.

JP in Atlanta

1998 F150 4.6L V8 Black & Tan Kickass Supercab, K&N (Duh), Leer 100XL Camper
top, Chrome Westin Nurfs, Cobra 120 Channel CB Radio, ORP, JOB, NO MONEY



- -----Original Message-----
From: magee zebra.net [mailto:magee zebra.net]
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 1998 3:49 PM
To: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: Re: FTE 97up - Triton Badge


Michael Kisielewski wrote:
>
> >Can anyone tell me what models and/or years get the Triton V-8 badge on
> the
> >left and right sides of the truck under the F-150 badge? Did this
> start
> >with 1998 or is only on the larger V-8 and not the 4.6L? Just curious.
>
> >
> >Also, if one wanted to apply 4x4 stickers to "non-4x4" F-150 where can
> one
> >go to purchase these?
> >
> >
> >Jack Bowell
> >JBowell msn.com
> >1997 XLT, 4.2L, ext cab, black, auto, styleside
> >ON ORDER= 1999 XLT, 4.6L, ext cab, dark Toreador Red, auto, flareside,
> >single CD player (finally!)
I have a "Triton Badge" and my truck has the 4.6L engine. They might be
installed at the option of the dealership but I cannot say for sure.

S. Magee


>
> Jack,
>
> Yes, the Triton badge is only on the trucks with the 5.4l engine. As for
> your other question, I don't understand why one would want to put the
> 4X4 stickers on a 4X2 truck. However you can get them at a dealer. The
> part numbers were just listed in a post yesterday I believe.
>
> Michael
>
> = Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
> Send posts to: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
> Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
> "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the message body.
> =======================================================================
= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 97up-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================
= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 97up-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 15:38:39 -0700
From: WiNk
Subject: Re: FTE 97up - RECALL

Nothing is FREE is right but everything that we pay for should be provided. If enough
complaints are logged against a company then the board of directors will get on the
CEO;s butt in a heavy way. OR the company will go out of business. That is the way the
capitalist system works. No sales ! No profit! and no board of directors. Competition
is supposed to keep the price right.


Chad Royse wrote:

> Remember, nothing is free. Sometimes sh!t happens and if Ford is willing to take
> responsibillity for it, that's great. But if every one starts complaining about
> wanting a replacement vehicle even for recalls, then bottom lines are going to start
> suffering. If they suffer too much, we are the ones who'll pay.
>
> Bill wrote:
>
> > Well guys there's one good dealer in Ann Arbor, Michigan, sells the Lincoln and
> > will pick your Lincoln up within 50 miles and leave you a new Lincoln to drive
> > with a full tank of gas, when warranty repairs have been made to your car they
> > return the car and pick up the loaner. You have to love a dealer like that!
> > These recalls are getting out of hand, its only done to keep the government off
> > there backs. Next time you buy a $34K truck demand a free loaner be wrote into
> > the sale agreement, if the dealer wouldn't do it try another dealer (sometimes it
> > works). Take anything back to K-Mart and exchange it no questions ask, auto
> > dealers sure should be able to spring for a car of some kind to drive. Several in
> > the lower Michigan will, but you have to let it be known you expect it and will
> > not settle for less.
> >
> > Ken Payne wrote:
> >
> > > At 02:59 AM 6/2/98 EDT, you wrote:
> > > >Why is it that no dealer will give me a truck to use for the day when my
> > > truck
> > > >is in for the recall?My feelings are,if you build a truck,sell a truck(FOR
> > > >$34000.00)then you should provide a truck for the guy who has to lose a truck
> > > >for a day because you screwed up building it.
> > > > Mark
> > >
> > > This is pretty standard with all auto companies. I don't
> > > see how a dealer could possibly offer a loaner to hundred
> > > (thousands?) of people coming in with recall notices.
> > >
> > > Ken Payne
> > >
> > > = Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
> > > Send posts to: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
> > > Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
> > > "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the message body.
> > > =======================================================================
> >
> > = Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
> > Send posts to: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
> > Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
> > "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the message body.
> > =======================================================================
>
> = Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
> Send posts to: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
> Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
> "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the message body.
> =======================================================================



= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 97up-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 21:21:25 -0400
From: Ken Payne
Subject: Re: FTE 97up - RECALL

Forwarded for herbie netvalue.net:

At 03:38 PM 6/3/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Nothing is FREE is right but everything that we pay for should be
>provided. If enough
>complaints are logged against a company then the board of directors will
g*t on the
>CEO;s butt in a heavy way. OR the company will go out of business. That
is the way the
>capitalist system works. No sales ! No profit! and no board of directors.
Competition
>is supposed to keep the price right.
>
>
snip

I don't think Competition will always keep the price right. It also has a
lot to due with demand. Ford has the number 1 selling truck in America. If
the demand is there, and people are willing to pay a premium for a product,
the price will go up. Just take a look at the price of Ford Trucks over
the last ten years. The demand has risen and so did the price. Harley are
the same way, the demand went up, so did the price. That's the way business
works. I could sell my Harley for twice what I paid for it. This is due to
the fact that "everyone wants a Harley now."
Keith Srb herbie netvalue.net
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://members.netvalue.net/herbie
Mesa, AZ


= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 97up-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 20:31:45 -0700
From: WiNk
Subject: Re: FTE 97up - RECALL

Hmnnn! what you say is true in both Macro and Micro Economics.

DEMAND raises prices causing more manufacturers to enter the market thereby
lowering prices. Now how many NEW auto makers have entered the industry in the
US... besides imports?


Ken Payne wrote:

> Forwarded for herbie netvalue.net:
>
> At 03:38 PM 6/3/98 -0700, you wrote:
> >Nothing is FREE is right but everything that we pay for should be
> >provided. If enough
> >complaints are logged against a company then the board of directors will
> g*t on the
> >CEO;s butt in a heavy way. OR the company will go out of business. That
> is the way the
> >capitalist system works. No sales ! No profit! and no board of directors.
> Competition
> >is supposed to keep the price right.
> >
> >
> snip
>
> I don't think Competition will always keep the price right. It also has a
> lot to due with demand. Ford has the number 1 selling truck in America. If
> the demand is there, and people are willing to pay a premium for a product,
> the price will go up. Just take a look at the price of Ford Trucks over
> the last ten years. The demand has risen and so did the price. Harley are
> the same way, the demand went up, so did the price. That's the way business
> works. I could sell my Harley for twice what I paid for it. This is due to
> the fact that "everyone wants a Harley now."
> Keith Srb herbie netvalue.net
> http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://members.netvalue.net/herbie
> Mesa, AZ
>
> = Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
> Send posts to: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
> Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
> "unsubscribe 97up-list" in the message body.
> =======================================================================



= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 97up-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 00:12:34 -0400
From: Ken Payne
Subject: FTE 97up - Please nominate Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Thanks to the support of the members on the lists, Ford
Truck Enthusiasts won Car Lounge's #1 Automotive site
award for Summer 98. The Autumn nominations are now
open. If you like our community here at Ford Truck
Enthusiasts and our mailing lists, please nominate us
at:

http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://carlounge.com/nominate.htm

It sure would be nice to win #1 twice!

Thanks,
Ken Payne
CoAdmin, Ford Truck Enthusiasts
http://www.ford-trucks.com
= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 97up-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 97up-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 21:27:34 -0700
From: Mike Madden
Subject: FTE 97up - Using 4-Low W/ hubs unlocked

(my first post here- I hope I did it right)
Lou Mallia Wrote:
>I live in a house with a very steep concrete driveway from the street
to
>the house. I was planning on using the low range (4L) of the 4x4
>transfer case to back the boat and trailer up the driveway. With the
>F-250 Super Duty with manual locking hubs, I can leave the hubs
>disengaged and take full advantage of the low range in effective "2WD"
>(w/o hubs locked) and not bind up the front drivetrain.

Ford recommends not doing this, because low range doubles(?) the torque
and all of
it is applied to the rear axle rather than divided between both axles,
and
you could more easily break something. That having been said, I do
this all the time and it
really helps when backing. It helps while trying to go slow w/o slipping
the clutch too much. You just
have to use your own judgement. ie- don't rev it up to 4000 rpm and dump
the clutch! ;-)....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.