Return-Path:
From: fordtrucks80up-digest-request lofcom.com
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 21:35:05 -0400 (EDT)
X-Authentication-Warning: t3.media3.net: lof set sender to fordtrucks80up-digest-request lofcom.com using -f
Subject: fordtrucks80up-digest Digest V97 #21
X-Loop: fordtrucks80up-digest lofcom.com
X-Mailing-List: archive/volume97/21
To: fordtrucks80up-digest lofcom.com
Reply-To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com

------------------------------

Content-Type: text/plain

fordtrucks80up-digest Digest Volume 97 : Issue 21

Today's Topics:

Re: Ford Ranger vs. Ford F-150 [JAMES ]
Re: Ford Ranger ["John W. Barron"
Bronco II AutoTrans [Richard Freen ]
Re: '86 BroncoII [Richard Freen ]
Re: Ford Ranger vs. Ford F-150 [beverly hake ]
Re: Ford Ranger cs. Ford FA-150 [silent.bob juno.com ]
89 Ranger Engine/Emission problems ["Russell O'Brien"
Re: 89 Ranger Engine/Emission probl [Pete Wilhite ]
Re: How to break in a new engine? [R Mills ]
RE:Horsepower [droberts MIT.EDU (D Robertson) ]
Re: Bronco II AutoTrans [Pete Wilhite ]
Re: 1995 Ranger 4.0 Splash A/C quest [PDupont105 aol.com ]
RE: '86 BroncoII ["DAVID MUMMERY"
RE: '86 BroncoII [Pete Wilhite ]
Ford Ranger [Chip256 aol.com ]
Re: Ford Ranger cs. Ford FA-150 [Chip256 aol.com ]
Heretical colors? ["chita" ]
Re: Heretical colors? [Chris Kelly ]
Re: Heretical colors? ["chita" ]
Re: Heretical colors? [Gardner ]

Administrivia:

____________________________________________________________________
Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
For help send subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks80up-digest-request lofcom.com
Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com
____________________________________________________________________


------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 21:32:23 -0500
From: JAMES
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: Re: Ford Ranger vs. Ford F-150
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1

What are you planning to use it for?They both are excellent trucks.The
Ranger has less seating capacity,4 adults vs 6 in the F-150 and lower
towing and load capacity but is easier to park and feed.If your planning
on towing much or want comfort on long trips stick with the F-150.Also
unless your planning to drive less than 12k a year leasing doesn't make
any sense. Good luck! JAMES 87 Ranger longbed v6

96 F-150 SC 351W E4AOD
--
Disregard from and reply to addresses To reply send to JAMES
jtors fred.net WARNING! ALL
UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL E-MAIL WILL BE BILLED A $500.00 U.S. PROOFREADING
FEE.FAILURE TO PROVIDE VALID U.S.POSTAL ADDRESS FOR SUCH BILLING OR
FAILURE TO PAY WITHIN 5 DAYS OF RECEIPT WILL RESULT IN APPROPRIATE LEGAL
ACTIONS

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 22:46:53 -0400
From: "John W. Barron"
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: Re: Ford Ranger
Message-Id:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

How could you tell if you had a drive train vibration?
With all the other noises, tire bumps, etc. I don't know whether or not
I would know if I had a drivetrain vibration!
I have a '97 for Ranger, 4 L. auto tranny.
At 03:46 PM 6/10/97 -0400, you wrote:
>does anyone have a problem with drivetrain vibration with a new 97 ranger?
>
>
>____________________________________________________________________
>Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
>For help send subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks80up-request lofcom.com
>Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com
>
>

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 04:01:51 -0500
From: Richard Freen
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: Bronco II AutoTrans
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi.. I have a 86 Bronco II 4x4 with the 2.9 v6. The Wife realy likes
this little truck, boy can it whip into a parking space at Walmart...
I have had some transmission problems. First one went out, I replaced it
with a junk yard special and it has been ok BUT... it's now making noise
a growelling sound. A tranny shop said that the automatic in these
trucks are only good for 80k or so. He says it just not a very good
trany. Course he will rebuild it for $1200.00 To the point now.

Any good replacement transmissions. What about a B&M rebuilt one or
newer trans? Also the 2.9 is a little short on getup and go, with my gas
milage at 14-15 on the hiway. I know some have put a 5.0 in them but
what 'bout a newer Explorer motor?
Thanks all
Rlgreen
67 Mustang
86 Bronco II
76 Chev Caprice (yea I know)
67 Chev stepside (lowered)
71 VW Squareback (if you don't know don't ask)
74 VW Bug
78 Ford E250 460 (monster van)
76 Toyota Celica GT (V8 swap some day)
96 Polaris Xpress ATV
Yes I have teenagers...

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 04:31:53 -0500
From: Richard Freen
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: Re: '86 BroncoII
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Pete Wilhite wrote:
>
> I am having problems with Fuel Injection. At low RPM the engine produces a
> "huffing" sound like it may be flooding out. It also has loss of power at
> all speeds. Does anyone have a solution?
> ********************
> Pete Wilhite
> W170G
> peterw qualcomm.com
> (619) 651-0546
> pager: 636-8398
> ********************
>
> ____________________________________________________________________
> Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
> For help send subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks80up-request lofcom.com
> Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com

Might not be FI. My 86 had a simular problem. I had replaced the power
brake booster that was leaking and would cause it to die when you
stepped hard on the brakes but it still surged. Some times flooding,
sometime ok, sometimes??? After much ! ##$%% I took it to a shop and
they sai1d it had error code 41 and a code 33 . They replaced the EVP
control sensor and it helped the surging and trying to die at idle. It
also failed with a code 13 on the engine run circuit, which points to
the ECA(computer)$250.00+. Also fuel filter could be stopping up. They
have 2 types. 1 is a inline, the other is a canaster type with
replaceable element which I had to buy new from Ford ($50.00+)it was
tough to get off. We cracked it trying to unscrew it. So much tied
together its hard to tell. I used to work as a Mechanic(dealer and
indpendent) but quit right before the computers and FI came out. Just
work on COMPUTERS now.. not the ones in autos.
Good Luck.
rlgreen

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 23:49:58 -0400
From: beverly hake
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: Re: Ford Ranger vs. Ford F-150
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hey,
I've driven the 91 Ranger V-6 manual supercab 2-wheel drive--bought it
used no problems, kept it for a year and then bought the 93 Ranger 4X4
V-6 manual supercab, it got great gas mileage and everyone who rode in
it or drove it told me it was like riding in a car (because it rode
smooth and handled well) I then got a 94 F-150 V-8 automatic 5.0 2-wheel
drive supercab and it's my favorite of all. Mostly because I have 2
growing boys. My gas-mileage isn't that much different than my 4X4 was
of course it isn't as good, about 15.6 Hwy and 13.9 city. The newer
trucks say they get better gas mileage.
MY OVERALL OPINION IS TO GO FOR THE F-150 especially since it is about
the same price.

Beverly Hake
94 F-150 Supercab V-8 5.0 with more than 80K. I like to drive!!

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 09:56:15 EDT
From: silent.bob juno.com
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: Re: Ford Ranger cs. Ford FA-150
Message-ID:

On Tue, 10 Jun 1997 20:17:00 -0400 Ken Pay ne
writes:
>>Return-Path:
>>From: Brian Pynn
>>To: "'kpayne mindspring.com'"
>>Subject: Ford Ranger vs. Ford F-150
>>Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 11:15:14 -0700
>>
>>I want to lease a truck in the very near future and am very impressed
>>with the Fords. I've sort of fallen in love with the Ranger "Rebel
>>Youth" package, but with the deals being offered by our local
>dealers, I
>>can lease a nicely equipped F-150 for about the same price over two
>>years. I would appreciate any comments from drivers of these two
>>vehicles to assist with my choice. I will be getting into a
>Supercab,
>>two-wheel drive. Thanks.

I would have to go with the F-150. The Ranger is a great truck and fun
to drive, but it sometimes lacks the power and payload capacity that i
need.

.---. .-----------
/ \ __ / ------ fox mail.icso.com
/ / \(..)/ ----- http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.FordManTed.com (Mustang Shop)
////// ' \/ ` --- http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.FordRanger.com (Ranger Site)
//// / // : : ---
// / / /` '--
// //..\
=======UU====UU===[95 Ranger XLT 2.3L]=[silent.bob juno.com]===
'//||\`
''``

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 06:56:07 PDT
From: "Russell O'Brien"
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: 89 Ranger Engine/Emission problems
Message-Id:
Content-Type: text/plain

---------------------- HELP HELP HELP -----------------------------

I have an 89 Ranger with a 2.3l i4 engine. When I went to start it the
other morning it would start then die. Have checked the fuel filter,
Air filer, spark, etc.. The Engine smellS of excess fuel.
It is fuel injected. When I tow it it will start and run if I keep the
RPM's up. I had noticed in the last little while it has lacked in power.
I was getting a check engine lite and check the codes got a code 41 and
replaced the gas/oxygen sensor. Made no difference, I
did see something different though. The gas/oxygen had been removed from
the exhaust manifold, The engine would start and run really rough. If
anyone on the list is an emission guru, I could sure use some help!

Thanks

Russ


---------------------------------------------------------
Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.hotmail.com
---------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 07:42:51 -0700
From: Pete Wilhite
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: Re: 89 Ranger Engine/Emission problems
Message-Id:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

At 06:56 AM 6/11/97 PDT, you wrote:
>---------------------- HELP HELP HELP -----------------------------
>
>I have an 89 Ranger with a 2.3l i4 engine. When I went to start it the
>other morning it would start then die. Have checked the fuel filter,
>Air filer, spark, etc.. The Engine smellS of excess fuel.
>It is fuel injected. When I tow it it will start and run if I keep the
>RPM's up. I had noticed in the last little while it has lacked in power.
>I was getting a check engine lite and check the codes got a code 41 and
>replaced the gas/oxygen sensor. Made no difference, I
>did see something different though. The gas/oxygen had been removed from
>the exhaust manifold, The engine would start and run really rough. If
>anyone on the list is an emission guru, I could sure use some help!
>
>Thanks
>
>Russ
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------
>Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.hotmail.com
>---------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>____________________________________________________________________
>Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
>For help send subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks80up-request lofcom.com
>Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com
>
>
>You might want to make sure you don't have any vacume lines diconnected or
broken. If the engine is hard starting and runs at high RPM but wants to
die at idle a vacum leak could be the cause. One way of locating is with a
can of carb. cleaner. If you can keep it running, spray the cleaner around
the vacum lines if the RPMs increase you have a leak.
********************
Pete Wilhite
W170G
peterw qualcomm.com
(619) 651-0546
pager: 636-8398
********************

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 08:52:50 -0600
From: R Mills
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: Re: How to break in a new engine?
Message-Id:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi:
I am buying a new Ford truck (4.6 engine). I am getting conflicting
instructions from the dealerships on how to proplerly break in a new
engine. Some say drive it at any speed, just varry the speed every 5
minutes, others say keep it under 55mph for the first 500 miles etc.
What is the correct way? the owners manual is vauge. Should I change
the oil before 500 miles?

How about some help from you mechanics that really know?
I apreciate your help. Thanks!

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 11:03:59 +0100
From: droberts MIT.EDU (D Robertson)
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: RE:Horsepower
Message-Id:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Dear Dale :

I saw your post on getting more HP from a 300 (4.9l). While working on a
friends FI 4.9 I noticed the exhaust manifold on these trucks looks like a
real header , where on the carbed trucks like mine it is the cast iron.
This may be a cheap junk yard part. I do not know if they will bolt right
up, or what clearance problems one may encounter. This was on my list of
things to try but I'm having trouble getting throuble passing inspection so
it has moved down the list. Also I believe Racer Walsh carries HiPo stuff
for the 300 but it ain't cheap.

Take Care
Dave
86 F-150, 4.9l (w/ carb from hell)

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 08:49:47 -0700
From: Pete Wilhite
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: Re: Bronco II AutoTrans
Message-Id:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

At 04:01 AM 6/11/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi.. I have a 86 Bronco II 4x4 with the 2.9 v6. The Wife realy likes
>this little truck, boy can it whip into a parking space at Walmart...
>I have had some transmission problems. First one went out, I replaced it
>with a junk yard special and it has been ok BUT... it's now making noise
>a growelling sound. A tranny shop said that the automatic in these
>trucks are only good for 80k or so. He says it just not a very good
>trany. Course he will rebuild it for $1200.00 To the point now.
>
>Any good replacement transmissions. What about a B&M rebuilt one or
>newer trans? Also the 2.9 is a little short on getup and go, with my gas
>milage at 14-15 on the hiway. I know some have put a 5.0 in them but
>what 'bout a newer Explorer motor?
>Thanks all
>Rlgreen
>67 Mustang
>86 Bronco II
>76 Chev Caprice (yea I know)
>67 Chev stepside (lowered)
>71 VW Squareback (if you don't know don't ask)
>74 VW Bug
>78 Ford E250 460 (monster van)
>76 Toyota Celica GT (V8 swap some day)
>96 Polaris Xpress ATV
>Yes I have teenagers...
>
>
>____________________________________________________________________
>Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
>For help send subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks80up-request lofcom.com
>Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com
>
>
>I don't know of any 4-speed replacements that will bolt up to the 2.9V6
but there is a 3-speed that was used when the Rangers and Bronco II's first
came out. It is the C-5 same as the C-4 but has a "lock-up" torque
converter (Gas Saver). It even looks the same except for a hump on the pan.
You would sacrifice the over drive but increase the reliability of the
tranny. I've ran C-4's in early Broncos and I never had any trouble even
with 300 H.P. under ther the hood. Your not alone, my '86 BroncoII has the
same tranny. All I can say is baby it. I change oil in it every 15-20K and
stay out of O.D. in the hills and in town.

As for an engine swap, I would definately not put any more horses in front
of that little tranny. I'm not certain if FORD beefed up the trannys in the
Explorers, but if they did I would swap in the 4.0L with tranny and all.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 13:23:45 -0400 (EDT)
From: PDupont105 aol.com
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: Re: 1995 Ranger 4.0 Splash A/C question
Message-ID:

I think this is true on my '88 Taurus as well.

Patrick
'87 Bronco II
'88 Taurus GL

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Jun 97 18:09:16 UT
From: "DAVID MUMMERY"
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: RE: '86 BroncoII
Message-Id:

Hey Pete, Have you checked your fuel pressure regulator. I had a 86 T'Bird
w/turbo and it ran like that when I bought it. I changed the regulator then it
ran like a chamd. It schould be on the fuel rail and costs about $45. Good
Luck

----------
From: Richard Freen
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 1997 4:31 AM
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: Re: '86 BroncoII

Pete Wilhite wrote:
>
> I am having problems with Fuel Injection. At low RPM the engine produces a
> "huffing" sound like it may be flooding out. It also has loss of power at
> all speeds. Does anyone have a solution?
> ********************
> Pete Wilhite
> W170G
> peterw qualcomm.com
> (619) 651-0546
> pager: 636-8398
> ********************
>
> ____________________________________________________________________
> Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
> For help send subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks80up-request lofcom.com
> Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com

Might not be FI. My 86 had a simular problem. I had replaced the power
brake booster that was leaking and would cause it to die when you
stepped hard on the brakes but it still surged. Some times flooding,
sometime ok, sometimes??? After much ! ##$%% I took it to a shop and
they sai1d it had error code 41 and a code 33 . They replaced the EVP
control sensor and it helped the surging and trying to die at idle. It
also failed with a code 13 on the engine run circuit, which points to
the ECA(computer)$250.00+. Also fuel filter could be stopping up. They
have 2 types. 1 is a inline, the other is a canaster type with
replaceable element which I had to buy new from Ford ($50.00+)it was
tough to get off. We cracked it trying to unscrew it. So much tied
together its hard to tell. I used to work as a Mechanic(dealer and
indpendent) but quit right before the computers and FI came out. Just
work on COMPUTERS now.. not the ones in autos.
Good Luck.
rlgreen


____________________________________________________________________
Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
For help send subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks80up-request lofcom.com
Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 06:40:31 -0700
From: Pete Wilhite
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: RE: '86 BroncoII
Message-Id:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

I got it! Thanks for the help. Last night after work I pulled all the plugs
to see if the fuel mixture was ok. All but #2 were ok. It looked like it
hadn't been firing. I went ahead and installed new plugs while I had them
out. I fired it up and held the plug wire away from the plug to see if it
had fire. It fired just fine. Next I proceeded to check fuel delivery.
While the engine was running I checked the injector control voltage with a
meter. When I put pressure on the wire with the test lead the RPMs
climbed...hhmmmm! I pulled the connector off of the injector itself and
there it was. One of the wires for the injector was partially pulled out of
the connector due to the seat tab was just plain worn out. I then located
the diagnostic computer plug that it an exact duplicate of the injector
plug and swapped them. The plug probably wore out because the rubber
grommet that keeps pressure off of the seat tabs was missing! I plugged the
injector back in and it ran as smooth as all FORDs do!!!

At 06:09 PM 6/11/97 UT, you wrote:
>Hey Pete, Have you checked your fuel pressure regulator. I had a 86 T'Bird
>w/turbo and it ran like that when I bought it. I changed the regulator
then it
>ran like a chamd. It schould be on the fuel rail and costs about $45. Good
>Luck
>
>----------
>From: Richard Freen
>Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 1997 4:31 AM
>To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
>Subject: Re: '86 BroncoII
>
>Pete Wilhite wrote:
>>
>> I am having problems with Fuel Injection. At low RPM the engine produces a
>> "huffing" sound like it may be flooding out. It also has loss of power at
>> all speeds. Does anyone have a solution?
>> ********************
>> Pete Wilhite
>> W170G
>> peterw qualcomm.com
>> (619) 651-0546
>> pager: 636-8398
>> ********************
>>
>> ____________________________________________________________________
>> Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
>> For help send subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks80up-request lofcom.com
>> Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com
>
>Might not be FI. My 86 had a simular problem. I had replaced the power
>brake booster that was leaking and would cause it to die when you
>stepped hard on the brakes but it still surged. Some times flooding,
>sometime ok, sometimes??? After much ! ##$%% I took it to a shop and
>they sai1d it had error code 41 and a code 33 . They replaced the EVP
>control sensor and it helped the surging and trying to die at idle. It
>also failed with a code 13 on the engine run circuit, which points to
>the ECA(computer)$250.00+. Also fuel filter could be stopping up. They
>have 2 types. 1 is a inline, the other is a canaster type with
>replaceable element which I had to buy new from Ford ($50.00+)it was
>tough to get off. We cracked it trying to unscrew it. So much tied
>together its hard to tell. I used to work as a Mechanic(dealer and
>indpendent) but quit right before the computers and FI came out. Just
>work on COMPUTERS now.. not the ones in autos.
>Good Luck.
>rlgreen
>
>
>____________________________________________________________________
>Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
>For help send subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks80up-request lofcom.com
>Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com

********************
Pete Wilhite
W170G
peterw qualcomm.com
(619) 651-0546
pager: 636-8398
********************

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 10:46:22 -0400 (EDT)
From: Chip256 aol.com
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: Ford Ranger
Message-ID:

I have a 97 Ford Ranger XL with 3 liter engine and 5 speed standard
transmission. I have a drive train vibration at 50MPH in 5th gear. Two other
identical trucks have the same problem. The Ford company has not yet
acknowledged the problem. Does anyone have a cure?

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 10:50:22 -0400 (EDT)
From: Chip256 aol.com
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: Re: Ford Ranger cs. Ford FA-150
Message-ID:

In a message dated 97-06-12 02:57:05 EDT, you write:


writes:
>>Return-Path:
>>From: Brian Pynn
>>To: "'kpayne mindspring.com'"
>>Subject: Ford Ranger vs. Ford F-150
>>Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 11:15:14 -0700
>>
>>I want to lease a truck in the very near future and am very impressed
>>with the Fords. I've sort of fallen in love with the Ranger "Rebel
>>Youth" package, but with the deals being offered by our local
>dealers, I
>>can lease a nicely equipped F-150 for about the same price over two
>>years. I would appreciate any comments from drivers of these two
>>vehicles to assist with my choice. I will be getting into a
>Supercab,
>>two-wheel drive. Thanks.

I would have to go with the F-150. The Ranger is a great truck and fun
to drive, but it sometimes lacks the power and payload capacity that i
need. >>

The F-150 Does have a bigger payload and more POWER But My Ranger Saves alot
of money on gas. And That "Rebel Youth" is the perfect reasion to buy one
They are Really fun to drive!!

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 11:33:24 -0700
From: "chita"
To:
Subject: Heretical colors?
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I've got a 1984 Ford F-250 with the big cab and a 6.9L diesel. I'm crazy
nuts about this car from the point of view of function. But it needs
cosmetics. Namely, the tricolor - light blue, medium blue and white - is
badly weathered and a few rust nicks along the lower edges tells me I
should do it NOW, while the weather's good. It also has busy blue bench
seats and blue door upholstery/plastic that's getting all faded to yellow
right at the base of the windows.

I went to a Ford fan/painter and he was appalled at my suggestion of
choosing another color scheme. I don't consider this car collectible, plus
you'd have to pry it from my cold dead fingers anyway, so... I thought of
either going to all one shade - maybe blue, maybe cream - or a retro light
blue and cream, the sorts of shades popular in the late 1940s. I _like_
that stuff. I'd redo the interior in mostly cream. We have hot weather
here, light interiors feel cooler.

Has anybody seen any nice color schemes? Or is this heresy?



------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 15:00:59 -0400
From: Chris Kelly
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: Re: Heretical colors?
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

chita wrote:
>
> I've got a 1984 Ford F-250 with the big cab and a 6.9L diesel. I'm crazy
> nuts about this car from the point of view of function. But it needs
> cosmetics. Namely, the tricolor - light blue, medium blue and white - is
> badly weathered and a few rust nicks along the lower edges tells me I
> should do it NOW, while the weather's good. It also has busy blue bench
> seats and blue door upholstery/plastic that's getting all faded to yellow
> right at the base of the windows.
>
> I went to a Ford fan/painter and he was appalled at my suggestion of
> choosing another color scheme. I don't consider this car collectible, plus
> you'd have to pry it from my cold dead fingers anyway, so... I thought of
> either going to all one shade - maybe blue, maybe cream - or a retro light
> blue and cream, the sorts of shades popular in the late 1940s. I _like_
> that stuff. I'd redo the interior in mostly cream. We have hot weather
> here, light interiors feel cooler.
>
> Has anybody seen any nice color schemes? Or is this heresy?
>
>
>
> ____________________________________________________________________
> Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
> For help send subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks80up-request lofcom.com
> Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com



Might not be for you...but there is a guy running around here with a 93
Ford F-150 that starts a medium red at the bottom, and gets darker all
the way up to dark candy apple red...simply awesome. I also like the
color of my truck(ranger splash) metallic blue. Just couple of ideas!

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 13:54:21 -0700
From: "chita"
To:
Subject: Re: Heretical colors?
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

----------
> From: Chris Kelly
> Might not be for you...but there is a guy running around here with a 93
> Ford F-150 that starts a medium red at the bottom, and gets darker all
> the way up to dark candy apple red...simply awesome. I also like the
> color of my truck(ranger splash) metallic blue. Just couple of ideas!

I'm not averse to an unusual paint job. The more I think about it (I've
been cleaning up Big Blue this morning, so it's been on my mind). The
current issue of F-100 magazine had some very nice paint jobs in it.

If your Splash is that Bermuda Blue - WOW, that's a paint job! Might be a
bit much for a mature hauler though. What upholsetery colors do you have?

About the guy with the color-fade paint job - it wouldn't upset me at all
to do that on this car - but in shades of blue. I mean, a name change (from
Big Blue) would be so hard.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 19:26:34 -0500
From: Gardner
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: Re: Heretical colors?
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

chita wrote:
>
> ----------
> > From: Chris Kelly
> > Might not be for you...but there is a guy running around here with a 93
> > Ford F-150 that starts a medium red at the bottom, and gets darker all
> > the way up to dark candy apple red...simply awesome. I also like the
> > color of my truck(ranger splash) metallic blue. Just couple of ideas!
>
> I'm not averse to an unusual paint job. The more I think about it (I've....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.