Return-Path:
From: fordtrucks80up-digest-request lofcom.com
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 10:54:20 -0400 (EDT)
X-Authentication-Warning: t3.media3.net: lof set sender to fordtrucks80up-digest-request lofcom.com using -f
Subject: fordtrucks80up-digest Digest V97 #10
X-Loop: fordtrucks80up-digest lofcom.com
X-Mailing-List: archive/volume97/10
To: fordtrucks80up-digest lofcom.com
Reply-To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com

------------------------------

Content-Type: text/plain

fordtrucks80up-digest Digest Volume 97 : Issue 10

Today's Topics:

unsubscribe ["Pieter Vanhoutte"
1992 Fork crewcab. [Swell61 aol.com ]
1984 F250 Dually [Swell61 aol.com ]

Administrivia:

____________________________________________________________________
Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
For help send subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks80up-digest-request lofcom.com
Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com
____________________________________________________________________


------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 13:26:55 +0100
From: "Pieter Vanhoutte"
To:
Subject: unsubscribe
Message-Id:
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

---------------------------------------------------------
The Homework Homepage (http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://aoife.indigo.ie/~darkstar)
---------------------------------------------------------
----
From: fordtrucks80up-digest-request lofcom.com
To: fordtrucks80up-digest lofcom.com
Date: 24 May 1997 01:22
Subject: fordtrucks80up-digest Digest V97 #8

>------------------------------
>
>Content-Type: text/plain
>
>fordtrucks80up-digest Digest Volume 97 : Issue 8
>
>Today's Topics:
>
> RE: 1986 Bronco II, Electiral Short [Keith Srb
]
> Re: fordtrucks80up-digest Digest V97 [Bill Funk
]
> RE: 1986 Bronco II, Electiral Short [Philippe Gravelle

> RE: 1986 Bronco II, Electiral Short ["John W. Barron"

> Expedition seats [Thomas Herbst
]
> Re: 1986 Bronco II, Electiral Short ["Amy L. Helfrich"

> Re: Excessive charge for service [silent.bob juno.com
]
> 1985 Ranger 'S' - Costs and Benefits [Geff King ]

> Re: 1985 Ranger 'S' - Costs and Bene [Chris Kelly
]
> Budget Report [Ken Payne
]
> Re: Budget Report [trichard3 juno.com (TYRONE AL
RICHA]
> Ford Explorer rear end change [rsmall isgroup.net (Robert
Smallwoo]
> TESTER..... [Patti & Al
]
>
>Administrivia:
>
>____________________________________________________________________
>Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
>For help send subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks80up-digest-request lofcom.com
>Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com
>____________________________________________________________________
>
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 08:18:52 -0700
>From: Keith Srb
>To: "'fordtrucks80up lofcom.com'"
>Subject: RE: 1986 Bronco II, Electiral Short drawing Battery Down?
>Message-ID:
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>
>Well I got a new Battery last night and installed in the Bronco. I took
my
>test light and attached it to the negative battery cable, and took the
>probe and made sure it was firmly in contact with the negative battery
>post, negative cable was not attached to the battery.. The test light
did
>not light at all. I even tool the test light and held it between the
>positive and negative posts of the battery just to make sure the test
light
>worked. It worked. I tried connecting the test light between the negative
>cable and the negative post several times. The test light never came on
not
>even a faint glow.
>
>So, does anybody have any ideas why I have to replace the battery every
ten
>months or so?? So far I have gone through three batteries in two years,
the
>battery usually develops a short in one cell. Is it just due to the fact
>that I live in the Arizona Desert and the heat is killing the battery??
Is
>there something I should check for in the Charging System??
>
>I am at a loss, which is nothing unusual for me.
>
>>Keith Srb herbie netvalue.net
>>1986 Ford Bronco II, 2.9L (I HATE LITERS) V-6, Mitsubishi 5-Speed.
>>1966 Ford F100, 240 C.I. Straight Six, Warner T-18 4-Speed, Short Box.
>>My Blood runs "TRUE BLUE FORD!"
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Chewer aol.com [SMTP:Chewer aol.com]
>Sent: Monday, May 19, 1997 6:16 PM
>To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
>Subject: Re: 1986 Bronco II, Electiral Short drawing Battery Down?
>
>Got a test light? Disconnect the negative battery cable and connect the
>test
>light between the battery post and the cable end. If the light is bright
>Yes
>you have a draw. Remember that several electrical components have memory
>circuits. Like the radio and the EEC (electronic engine control). By
>disconnecting the fuses, when the light goes out or dims down then you've
>found which circuit has the drain. Good luck
>
>____________________________________________________________________
>Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
>For help send subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks80up-request lofcom.com
>Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 09:17:01 -0700
>From: Bill Funk
>To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
>Subject: Re: fordtrucks80up-digest Digest V97 #7
>Message-ID:
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>
>> Radu Lykan wrote:
>...
>> Hey just thought I would write and say that chevrolet was a race car
>> driver 1n the 20's who was know for losing a whole bunch of races. One
>> other thing I think sales speak or the companies half of the top ten
>> sellers are Fords and No.1 F-150 then the explorer and ranger fall in
>> there the only chevy is the WT1500. There are to dodges so I guess that
>> puts Chevy down one more notch. If you are wondering the others are a
>> toyotas camry, dodge caravan and ram pickup, honda accord, ford escort,
>> and taurus I think it is in my magazine trying to recall from memory
>> though
>...
>
>The Ford F-series (F-150, -250, -350) is the best-selling vehicle in the
>US. That means there are more of these trucks sold than ALL other
>vehicles marketed to the end consumer.
>--
>Bill Funk
> President, ASCII User Group
> http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.starlink.com/~ascii
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 12:29:29 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Philippe Gravelle
>To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
>Cc: "'fordtrucks80up lofcom.com'"
>Subject: RE: 1986 Bronco II, Electiral Short drawing Battery Down?
>Message-Id:
n.ca>
>Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
>
>On Wed, 21 May 1997, Keith Srb wrote:
>
>> Well I got a new Battery last night and installed in the Bronco. I took
my
>> test light and attached it to the negative battery cable, and took the
>> probe and made sure it was firmly in contact with the negative battery
>> post, negative cable was not attached to the battery.. The test light
did
>> not light at all. I even tool the test light and held it between the
>> positive and negative posts of the battery just to make sure the test
light
>> worked. It worked. I tried connecting the test light between the
negative
>> cable and the negative post several times. The test light never came on
not
>> even a faint glow.
>>
>> So, does anybody have any ideas why I have to replace the battery every
ten
>> months or so?? So far I have gone through three batteries in two years,
the
>> battery usually develops a short in one cell. Is it just due to the
fact
>> that I live in the Arizona Desert and the heat is killing the battery??
Is
>> there something I should check for in the Charging System??
>>
>> I am at a loss, which is nothing unusual for me.
>>
>> >Keith Srb herbie netvalue.net
>> >1986 Ford Bronco II, 2.9L (I HATE LITERS) V-6, Mitsubishi 5-Speed.
>> >1966 Ford F100, 240 C.I. Straight Six, Warner T-18 4-Speed, Short Box.
>> >My Blood runs "TRUE BLUE FORD!"
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Chewer aol.com [SMTP:Chewer aol.com]
>> Sent: Monday, May 19, 1997 6:16 PM
>> To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
>> Subject: Re: 1986 Bronco II, Electiral Short drawing Battery Down?
>>
>> Got a test light? Disconnect the negative battery cable and connect the
>> test
>> light between the battery post and the cable end. If the light is
bright
>> Yes
>> you have a draw. Remember that several electrical components have
memory
>> circuits. Like the radio and the EEC (electronic engine control). By
>> disconnecting the fuses, when the light goes out or dims down then
you've
>> found which circuit has the drain. Good luck
>>
>> ____________________________________________________________________
>> Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
>> For help send subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks80up-request lofcom.com
>> Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com
>>
>>
>>
>> ____________________________________________________________________
>> Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
>> For help send subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks80up-request lofcom.com
>> Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com
>>
>>
>Hi!
>I use to get that short cell problem with my Harley battery due
>to excessive vibration.What seem to work for me was a small 3/8"
>rubber under the battery.
>Cheers!!!
>hope this will help
>Philippe
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 16:39:43 -0400
>From: "John W. Barron"
>To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
>Subject: RE: 1986 Bronco II, Electiral Short drawing Battery Down?
>Message-Id:
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
>You hit the nail on the head. To satisfy the environmentalists, the lead
>content in batteries is way down, and heat, not cold is causing premature
>battery failure these days. Shop for a high temperature battery, buy one
>with a stiff warrenty, and then stick it to them.
>
>
>At 08:18 AM 5/21/97 -0700, you wrote:
>>Well I got a new Battery last night and installed in the Bronco. I took
my
>>test light and attached it to the negative battery cable, and took the
>>probe and made sure it was firmly in contact with the negative battery
>>post, negative cable was not attached to the battery.. The test light
did
>>not light at all. I even tool the test light and held it between the
>>positive and negative posts of the battery just to make sure the test
light
>>worked. It worked. I tried connecting the test light between the
negative
>>cable and the negative post several times. The test light never came on
not
>>even a faint glow.
>>
>>So, does anybody have any ideas why I have to replace the battery every
ten
>>months or so?? So far I have gone through three batteries in two years,
the
>>battery usually develops a short in one cell. Is it just due to the fact
>>that I live in the Arizona Desert and the heat is killing the battery??
Is
>>there something I should check for in the Charging System??
>>
>>I am at a loss, which is nothing unusual for me.
>>
>>>Keith Srb herbie netvalue.net
>>>1986 Ford Bronco II, 2.9L (I HATE LITERS) V-6, Mitsubishi 5-Speed.
>>>1966 Ford F100, 240 C.I. Straight Six, Warner T-18 4-Speed, Short Box.
>>>My Blood runs "TRUE BLUE FORD!"
>>
>>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: Chewer aol.com [SMTP:Chewer aol.com]
>>Sent: Monday, May 19, 1997 6:16 PM
>>To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
>>Subject: Re: 1986 Bronco II, Electiral Short drawing Battery Down?
>>
>>Got a test light? Disconnect the negative battery cable and connect the
>>test
>>light between the battery post and the cable end. If the light is bright
>>Yes
>>you have a draw. Remember that several electrical components have memory
>>circuits. Like the radio and the EEC (electronic engine control). By
>>disconnecting the fuses, when the light goes out or dims down then
you've
>>found which circuit has the drain. Good luck
>>
>>____________________________________________________________________
>>Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
>>For help send subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks80up-request lofcom.com
>>Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com
>>
>>
>>
>>____________________________________________________________________
>>Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
>>For help send subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks80up-request lofcom.com
>>Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com
>>
>>
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 13:44:20 -0700
>From: Thomas Herbst
>To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
>Cc: herbst cisco.com
>Subject: Expedition seats
>Message-Id:
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
>Just bought an Expedition XLT 4x2 and overall am
>overall pretty happy.
>
>I got the leather captain's chair and am
>disappointed with the leg support. can anyone
>suggest either an aftermarket vendor or ford seat
>that would be better?
>
>tom
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 22:17:20 -0400
>From: "Amy L. Helfrich"
>To:
>Subject: Re: 1986 Bronco II, Electiral Short drawing Battery Down?
>Message-Id:
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>
>Hi Keith, Could be as simple as replacing your battery terminals and wire
>brushing the ends of the terminal wires. Corrosion would not allow proper
>charging of battery. Inexpensive thing to try. then have charging system
>tested. Good luck.
>
>----------
>> From: Keith Srb
>> To: 'fordtrucks80up lofcom.com'
>> Subject: RE: 1986 Bronco II, Electiral Short drawing Battery Down?
>> Date: Wednesday, May 21, 1997 11:18 AM
>>
>> Well I got a new Battery last night and installed in the Bronco. I took
>my
>> test light and attached it to the negative battery cable, and took the
>> probe and made sure it was firmly in contact with the negative battery
>> post, negative cable was not attached to the battery.. The test light
>did
>> not light at all. I even tool the test light and held it between the
>> positive and negative posts of the battery just to make sure the test
>light
>> worked. It worked. I tried connecting the test light between the
negative
>
>> cable and the negative post several times. The test light never came on
>not
>> even a faint glow.
>>
>> So, does anybody have any ideas why I have to replace the battery every
>ten
>> months or so?? So far I have gone through three batteries in two years,
>the
>> battery usually develops a short in one cell. Is it just due to the
fact
>> that I live in the Arizona Desert and the heat is killing the battery??
>Is
>> there something I should check for in the Charging System??
>>
>> I am at a loss, which is nothing unusual for me.
>>
>> >Keith Srb herbie netvalue.net
>> >1986 Ford Bronco II, 2.9L (I HATE LITERS) V-6, Mitsubishi 5-Speed.
>> >1966 Ford F100, 240 C.I. Straight Six, Warner T-18 4-Speed, Short Box.
>> >My Blood runs "TRUE BLUE FORD!"
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Chewer aol.com [SMTP:Chewer aol.com]
>> Sent: Monday, May 19, 1997 6:16 PM
>> To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
>> Subject: Re: 1986 Bronco II, Electiral Short drawing Battery Down?
>>
>> Got a test light? Disconnect the negative battery cable and connect the
>> test
>> light between the battery post and the cable end. If the light is
bright
>> Yes
>> you have a draw. Remember that several electrical components have
memory
>> circuits. Like the radio and the EEC (electronic engine control). By
>> disconnecting the fuses, when the light goes out or dims down then
you've
>> found which circuit has the drain. Good luck
>>
>> ____________________________________________________________________
>> Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
>> For help send subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks80up-request lofcom.com
>> Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com
>>
>>
>>
>> ____________________________________________________________________
>> Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
>> For help send subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks80up-request lofcom.com
>> Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com
>>
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 09:20:28 EDT
>From: silent.bob juno.com
>To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
>Cc: bovenmye mr.med.ge.com
>Subject: Re: Excessive charge for service
>Message-ID:
>
>On Wed, 21 May 1997 15:40:59 -0500 Jim Bovenmyer 4-6640
> writes:
>>I just dropped off my 94 Ranger to have it's 15k mi. oil
>>change/checkup. They
>>presented me with this stratified payment schedule that they said was
>>becuase of
>>the hard use climate here in WI. They also said that Ford had
>>dictated this. I
>>have never had this in Iowa or Chicago where I was before here. They
>>said for
>>oil and rotation it would be $40 and an extra 60 to go over the
>>brakes. They
>>say they also go over everything else thoroughly but it still seems
>>quite high.
>>I called another dealer afterward and he basically thought the same.
>>I then
>>called the 800 number in Detroit and told them about it for
>>documentation. I
>>shouldn't have left it there, but hindsight is always crystal clear
>>isn't it.
>>
>>I would really appreciate if I could have some responses to this. I
>>feel I got
>>screwed, I probably did, but if they really did all they say they did
>>I would
>>probably feel better but you just can't be sure. Has anybody seen
>>these service
>>"levels" before?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Jim Bovenmyer
>>94 2.3L Ranger XLT SC
>>"Prowler Purple"
>
>
>Jim, we are psoting all years model trucks from 1980 to current to:
>fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
>
>You were "over charged". I get my oil and rotation for $25, and take it
>to Brake Check to have it checked for free.
>
> .---. .-----------
> / \ __ / ------ fox mail.icso.com
> / / \(..)/ ----- http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.fordmanted.com (Mustang Shop)
> ////// ' \/ ` --- http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.FordRanger.com (Ranger Site)
> //// / // : : ---
> // / / /` '--
>// //..\
> =======UU====UU===[95 Ranger XLT 2.3L]=[silent.bob juno.com]===
> '//||\`
> ''``
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 10:21:36 -0700
>From: Geff King
>To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
>Subject: 1985 Ranger 'S' - Costs and Benefits
>Message-ID:
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>
>I just signed up to this list, and I'm glad it's here.
>Gotta 'cost-benefit' dilemma here.
>
>The truck is a 1985 Ford Ranger 'S' (aka 'DC Parking
>Enforcement Model', 'cos it's what the meter maids
>use). Bought new. No options at all, not even A/C -
>I added a shell and a radio later. I've had 209,000 good
>miles out of it, mostly highway. On Sunday the clutch
>(original!) burned out; I knew it was coming, but was
>trying to hold out till my wife and I settled on our house.
>Almost made it (we should settle next week).
>
>Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'll get the clutch done, but I was
>wondering if anyone on the list could gove me an idea of
>other things to watch out for in the course of repair
>or afterwards. I expect the clutch replacement will be more
>than the resale value of the truck.
>
>Since I bought it it's had valve seals replaced, rebuilt
>carburetor (remember those?), tie rods and drag link (you can
>lube 'em now), rebuilt starter. Also timing belt, water pump
>& exhaust (all within last year). One problem is that the 5th
>gear overdrive has not worked properly in almost 5 years (it
>snaps out of 5th, so I just don't use it.) This is one thing
>about puting in a clutch - I wonder if its worth it if the trans
>will follow close behind..
>
>This has been a very reliable vehicle (aside from the Mazda-
>made trans), and I really don't want to raise my insurance
>rates and debt load until our other car is paid off
>next year. Anyway, I could use some constructive opinions
>and/or advice at this point.
>
>
>Geff King
>gking ari.net
>Greenbelt MD
>"That's not junk. That's a good truck."
> -unidentified tow truck driver, 05/20/97
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 13:54:44 -0400
>From: Chris Kelly
>To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
>Subject: Re: 1985 Ranger 'S' - Costs and Benefits
>Message-ID:
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>
>Geff King wrote:
>>
>> I just signed up to this list, and I'm glad it's here.
>> Gotta 'cost-benefit' dilemma here.
>>
>> The truck is a 1985 Ford Ranger 'S' (aka 'DC Parking
>> Enforcement Model', 'cos it's what the meter maids
>> use). Bought new. No options at all, not even A/C -
>> I added a shell and a radio later. I've had 209,000 good
>> miles out of it, mostly highway. On Sunday the clutch
>> (original!) burned out; I knew it was coming, but was
>> trying to hold out till my wife and I settled on our house.
>> Almost made it (we should settle next week).
>>
>> Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'll get the clutch done, but I was
>> wondering if anyone on the list could gove me an idea of
>> other things to watch out for in the course of repair
>> or afterwards. I expect the clutch replacement will be more
>> than the resale value of the truck.
>>
>> Since I bought it it's had valve seals replaced, rebuilt
>> carburetor (remember those?), tie rods and drag link (you can
>> lube 'em now), rebuilt starter. Also timing belt, water pump
>> & exhaust (all within last year). One problem is that the 5th
>> gear overdrive has not worked properly in almost 5 years (it
>> snaps out of 5th, so I just don't use it.) This is one thing
>> about puting in a clutch - I wonder if its worth it if the trans
>> will follow close behind..
>>
>> This has been a very reliable vehicle (aside from the Mazda-
>> made trans), and I really don't want to raise my insurance
>> rates and debt load until our other car is paid off
>> next year. Anyway, I could use some constructive opinions
>> and/or advice at this point.
>>
>> Geff King
>> gking ari.net
>> Greenbelt MD
>> "That's not junk. That's a good truck."
>> -unidentified tow truck driver, 05/20/97
>>
>> ____________________________________________________________________
>> Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
>> For help send subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks80up-request lofcom.com
>> Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.comThe rear
bearing in those transmissions seemed to be a problem area, my
>dad has an 83, Could be part of what is kicking out of 5th gear. I don't
>know anyone that has ever had the transmission itself go bad, just
>clutches and the rear bearing. I would recommend getting a dual friction
>clutch kir form centerforce, if it is available for your application has
>a least double the holding capacity! Try looking at I'll sho u
>performance at http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.cwci.com/isup/! Little expensive but worth it.
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 14:33:38 -0400
>From: Ken Payne
>To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
>Subject: Budget Report
>Message-Id:
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
>Ok, here it is, names have been removed. Thanks to everyone
>who has donated to keep this list going. It really is
>appreciated. If you donated and did not receive an email
>from me let me know. Emails are how I've kept track of
>who has donated and I want to make sure I haven't missed
>anyone.
>
>INC/
>EXP For Date Rcd Amount Balance
>--- --- -------- ------ -------
>INC contrib 4/25/97 $ 5.00 $ 5.00
>INC contrib 4/28/97 $ 5.00 $ 10.00
>INC contrib 4/28/97 $10.00 $ 20.00
>INC contrib 5/4/97 $10.00 $ 30.00
>INC user donation of web space 5/2/97 $25.00 $ 55.00
>INC contrib 5/2/97 $ 5.00 $ 60.00
>INC contrib 5/1/97 $ 5.00 $ 65.00
>INC contrib 5/4/97 $10.00 $ 75.00
>INC contrib 5/5/97 $ 5.00 $ 80.00
>INC contrib 5/5/97 $10.00 $ 90.00
>INC contrib 5/5/97 $20.00 $110.00
>EXP Dragonfire Internet Services 5/6/97 -$25.00 $ 85.00
>EXP LOF Communications 5/9/97 -$80.00 $ 5.00
>INC contrib 5/8/97 $10.00 $ 15.00
>INC contrib 5/9/97 $10.00 $ 25.00
>INC contrib 5/9/97 $ 5.00 $ 30.00
>INC contrib 5/16/97 $10.00 $ 35.00
>----------------------------------------------------------
>Balance $ 35.00
>
>If you would like to contribute to help cover our quarterly
>expenses please send a check or money order to:
>
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

>Donations are _not_ required for membership in this list. As
>you can see though, every dollar counts.
>
>Group purchase arrangements still in the works, more on this
>later. Also, design of a club patch is in the works.
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 19:39:14 EDT
>From: trichard3 juno.com (TYRONE AL RICHARDS)
>To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
>Cc: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
>Subject: Re: Budget Report
>Message-ID:
>
>On Thu, 22 May 1997 14:33:38 -0400 Ken Payne
>writes:
>>Ok, here it is, names have been removed. Thanks to everyone
>>who has donated to keep this list going. It really is
>>appreciated. If you donated and did not receive an email
>>from me let me know. Emails are how I've kept track of
>>who has donated and I want to make sure I haven't missed
>>anyone.
>>
>>INC/
>>EXP For Date Rcd Amount Balance
>>--- --- -------- ------ -------
>>INC contrib 4/25/97 $ 5.00 $ 5.00
>>INC contrib 4/28/97 $ 5.00 $ 10.00
>>INC contrib 4/28/97 $10.00 $ 20.00
>>INC contrib 5/4/97 $10.00 $ 30.00
>>INC user donation of web space 5/2/97 $25.00 $ 55.00
>>INC contrib 5/2/97 $ 5.00 $ 60.00
>>INC contrib 5/1/97 $ 5.00 $ 65.00
>>INC contrib 5/4/97 $10.00 $ 75.00
>>INC contrib 5/5/97 $ 5.00 $ 80.00
>>INC contrib 5/5/97 $10.00 $ 90.00
>>INC contrib 5/5/97 $20.00 $110.00
>>EXP Dragonfire Internet Services 5/6/97 -$25.00 $ 85.00
>>EXP LOF Communications 5/9/97 -$80.00 $ 5.00
>>INC contrib 5/8/97 $10.00 $ 15.00
>>INC contrib 5/9/97 $10.00 $ 25.00
>>INC contrib 5/9/97 $ 5.00 $ 30.00
>>INC contrib 5/16/97 $10.00 $ 35.00
>>----------------------------------------------------------
>>Balance $ 35.00
>>
>>If you would like to contribute to help cover our quarterly
>>expenses please send a check or money order to:
>>
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>>
>>Donations are _not_ required for membership in this list. As
>>you can see though, every dollar counts.
>>
>>Group purchase arrangements still in the works, more on this
>>later. Also, design of a club patch is in the works.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>____________________________________________________________________
>>Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
>>For help send subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks80up-request lofcom.com
>>Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com
>>
>>
>YOU ARE GOOD . I WANT TO BE LIKE YOU WHEN I GROW UP.
>
>REGARDS
>T A
>RICHARDS
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 21:00:28 -0500
>From: rsmall isgroup.net (Robert Smallwood)
>To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
>Subject: Ford Explorer rear end change
>Message-ID:
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>
>Anyone have info on how and what programming changes to make when
>>changing a V-6 Explorer 5 speed, 3.55 (I think) rear-end to a 4.10?
>>(Buying a bigger boat and need more a** to get out of steep ramps.)
>>I heard somewhere after the mechanical work it was just a value change
>>to keep electronics in tune.
>>
>>Robert
>>
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 17:22:14 -0700
>From: Patti & Al
>To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
>Subject: TESTER.....
>Message-Id:
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
> So, fellow FORD fans .... I'm just trying out the system! This looks
>like a pretty good site! I've got a 81 F250 4x4 diesel extracab! The
thing
>that makes it different is it has a total 91 running gear. 91 7.3 diesel,
>E4OD auto, trans., frontend, rearend, interior,dash, captains chairs, and
>full load with air.
> I've added a extra leaf front and back and got the frontend back up
where
>it should be... Now she rides nice and level. I've added a set of
overloads
>on the rear, and a swaybar. It even has a 91 box, (which fits very nice
and
>all the boddy lines match well. I also added a set of Cooper SST 285 85R
16
>tires (33inches tall) Looks real good... goes real good....like a FORD
should!
> LATER...(this concludes the
test)
> CHILLIWACK BC...(GREAT WHITE
NORTH)
>
>--------------------------------
>End of fordtrucks80up-digest Digest V97 Issue #8
>************************************************
>

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 10:09:20 -0400 (EDT)
From: Swell61 aol.com
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: 1992 Fork crewcab.
Message-ID:

Dad and I installed an 5.9 cummings and used the ZF tranny. We wish we put
the getrag in instead. We used electric fans fo cooling. The F700 uses the
same 5.9 cummings. we cant figure out how to get the orginal tack to work.....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.