------------------------------

Content-Type: text/plain

fordtrucks80up-digest Digest Volume 97 : Issue 29

Today's Topics:

Re: new 97 [Bill Funk ]
Re: 1980 Ford Ranger ["warren" ]
Re: 88ranger ["warren" ]
Re: RV cams for 4WD [JIM HURD ]
Re: 88ranger [Chris Kelly ]
Re: 88ranger ["J. Martin"
Re: 88ranger [Chris Kelly ]
Re: 88ranger [swordsc db.erau.edu ]
synchronizer [Gardner ]
Dumb Ranger ?? ["Rick L. Anderson"
Re:86-- 6.9L Diesel, F250 extended c [Husk77 aol.com ]
Unsubscribe form [Ken Payne ]
Re:86-- 6.9L Diesel, F250 extended c [Ken Miller
Re: Unsubscribe form [Chip256 aol.com ]
Re: 88ranger [Lehmandp aol.com ]
novice [MJC ]
Re: novice [Mark Ponsford ]

Administrivia:

____________________________________________________________________
Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
For help send subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks80up-digest-request lofcom.com
Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com
____________________________________________________________________


------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 08:04:26 -0700
From: Bill Funk
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: Re: new 97
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

>
> Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 05:56:11 -0600
> From: Rick Petersen
> Subject: Re: new 97
>
> At 07:54 PM 6/23/97 -0400, Randy Zeilinger wrote:
>
> >The keyless entry is real nice. I'll never go back to manually
> >unlocking the doors.
>
> Can this be added at the dealer or after market? Unfortunately, the one I
> got didn't include this, and car theft is a real problem here on the border
> (El Paso). I went out last night at midnight to buy a Club just so I could
> get some sleep (the truck has been mine all of 8 hours now) but want to
> install _some_ type of theft deterrent system. I'm not a big fan of alarms
> (I think you could drive down the road with it blaring here) but some type
> of cutoff or ignition disable would be ok. Any recommendations?

Any decent auto alarm shop can fix you right up.
If the truck has electric locks, the alarm can operate them.
Don't sell the alarms short. While it may seem that no one pays
attention, they do deter thefts and vandalism.
My '91 F-250 has an aftermarket alarm with keyless entry, alarm, and
ignition shutoff, and the truck's never been touched that I know of.
While the truck is starting to look a little ragged, the alarm and
keyless entry are second nature, and I wouldn't do without them. My '81
F-250 I had prior to the '91 didn't have an alarm, and was broken into
several times in our driveway. I ended up with an el cheapo $10 stereo
from a pawn shop, and a note in the window to that effect. *IT* got
stolen!
--
Bill Funk
President, ASCII User Group
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.starlink.com/~ascii

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 11:48:40 -0500
From: "warren"
To:
Subject: Re: 1980 Ford Ranger
Message-Id:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

> Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 18:10:10 -0700
> From: Barry Price
> To: "fordtrucks80up lofcom.com"
> Subject: 1980 Ford Ranger
> Message-ID:

> I am currently working on a 1980 Ford Ranger extended cab that has
been
> inactive for about 5 years. Does anyone know how to restore the
chrome
> finish on the grill?
You might try some Meguiars clear coat paint scrub, applied with xxx
fine steel wool. I use this combo on the grill and bumpers of my 92'
with great succcess.
-----------
Warren Kurtz
Ford Ranger Fans On-Line
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.sky.net/~wkurtz/ranger.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 12:03:04 -0500
From: "warren"
To:
Subject: Re: 88ranger
Message-Id:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

> Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 00:57:58 +0000
> Subject: 88ranger
> I'm wanting to fix up my ranger a little bit. I'm interested in
> putting a 302 in and lowering it about 2" or 3". I don't want
> anything obnoxiously low and tacky. I heard that lowering a ranger
> was really expensive and was wondering how to find out about kits to
> do it myself. Also, I was told that it is incredibly easy to put a
> 302 in since the transmission is the same? I have a 2.3L in it now.
> Any advice is appreciated.
I recently lowered my 92' Ranger 2" fr and rr. I used front springs and
rear hangers from AIMGroup $177.00 with shipping, be sure to get the
proper camber shims from them, I could not find them locally, add
another $35.00. http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.aimind.com/
For a V8 conversion, I would try http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.advanceadapters.com
They seem to be the Ranger experts. Hope this helps.
-----------
Warren Kurtz
Ford Ranger Fans On-Line
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.sky.net/~wkurtz/ranger.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 13:47:09 -0500 (EST)
From: JIM HURD
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: Re: RV cams for 4WD
Message-id:
Content-type: TEXT/PLAIN; CHARSET=US-ASCII
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT

Patrick Harrell,

I can say I am very satisfied with my "RV" cam in my '79 F-150 (302,
4sp-OD, 2.75 rear, 235/70x15's, 2wd). The last full year of driving before
the rebuild/cam was 20.6 mpg. The first full year after the rebuild and cam
was 20.7 mpg.

What are the specs of your cam?

Maybe these numbers will be of some help. When I pulled my engine down
for the rebuild I checked the cam timing of the stock cam. Note that these
numbers are from an engine with 144k miles and a timing chain that had over
a half inch of slop (I could rotate the crank back and forth 10 degrees
without any cam movement!). Given that, here is what I got at .050" lift:

Intake opens at 18 degrees AFTER TDC
" closes at 18 degrees after BDC
" duration of 180 degrees
" centerline at 108 degrees

Exhaust opens 23 degrees before BDC
" closes 11 degrees after TDC
" duration of 214 degrees
" centerline at 96 degrees

LSA (Lobe Seperation Angle) 102 degrees
Adv/retard Cam was 6 degrees retarded
Overlap Cam was 7 degrees UNDERlap

Lift at the valve with the worn lobes varied from:
Intake .347" to .374" (Shop manual spec is .382")
Exhaust .368" to .390" (Shop manual spec is .393")

Here are the specs that I got when I checked the new cam against
the timing card. (This was with a new timing chain:)

Intake opens at 5 degrees AFTER TDC
" closes at 28 degrees before BDC
" duration of 204 degrees
" centerline at 107 degrees

Exhaust opens at 44 degrees before BDC
" closes at 10 degrees BEFORE TDC
" duration of 214 degrees
" centerline at 117 degrees

LSA (Lobe Seperation Angle) 112 degrees
Adv/Retard Cam was 5 degrees advanced
Overlap Cam was 15 degrees UNDERlap


I also continue to use the stock MotorCraft 2150 2bbl carb. This engine
spends most of its life in the 1200 to 3000+ RPM range and I don't *think*
that a 4bbl will help all that much down there, although the Edelbrock Tech
guys have me pretty much convinced that there Performer 302 (w/EGR) and my
stock 2bbl will improve the off idle torque by 10-15 ft/lbs (their estimate :),
because of the increased runner velocity (plus a 5% jet change).

FWIW,
Jim in Central NY
'79 F-150 (302!)
'92 Topaz (3.0l)

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 13:55:11 -0400
From: Chris Kelly
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: Re: 88ranger
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

swordsc db.erau.edu wrote:
>
> I'm wanting to fix up my ranger a little bit. I'm interested in
> putting a 302 in and lowering it about 2" or 3". I don't want
> anything obnoxiously low and tacky. I heard that lowering a ranger
> was really expensive and was wondering how to find out about kits to
> do it myself. Also, I was told that it is incredibly easy to put a
> 302 in since the transmission is the same? I have a 2.3L in it now.
> Any advice is appreciated.
>
> ____________________________________________________________________
> Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
> For help send subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks80up-request lofcom.com
> Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com


Everyone is going to tell you that you should get shims when you get
your lowering kit( for the alignment) WRONG! Best bet is to get
shortened i-beams Godfathers customs carries them, just getting shims
binds the suspension! I know guys who have done it both ways.GCodfathers
carries all the stuff you need...either way you decide to do it!
You will not be abble to use anything from the 2.3...transmission an
drear will break! Need to upgrade the springs to!
Good luck and post your results...I know people who have done this and
come out with a pretty quick little truck. Might want ot hink about 351!
Will also fit!

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 13:00:57 -0800
From: "J. Martin"
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: Re: 88ranger
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hey, cool!

I've also got an '88 Ranger...2.3L
I REALLY wanted to put in a 5.0LHO, but eventually decided against it...
There is alot of work that goes into dropping a SB into one of these. I
have never done it, personally, but I did get the catalog from Advanced
Adaptors which lists the prices for the conversion kit--I also got their
conversion booklet. You have to get the necessary motor mounts, mount a
remote filter kit (would be better than stock, really), quote "may be
necessary to modify the A/C-Heater" plenum/divider, may be necessary to
modify the steering shaft, may have to "customize" the firewall somewhat
(minimal reshaping), locate a different tranny (no way I'd try to back
up a SBF w/that tranny! ;), etc...I really wonder what the exhaust
system would be like too!! I haven't done any REAL measuring...maybe I
should...

I've got A/C, pwr steering, pwr brakes, etc...I haven't ever driven this
truck, got it w/the motor half-dismantled (bought it from a friend (uh
oh!!) who lost interest in it). BUT, I'd rather leave well enough alone,
right now...it worked before it was taken apart. Right now, I'm in the
midst of finding out more about the 2.3L engine..it's at the machine
shop--I'm trying to find a suitable performance cam...but I have to keep
emissions in mind. I live in Houston (Harris County), and we have to
past the emissions test each year in order to stay legal.

I really don't mean to put a damper on your spirits...just to let ya
know what I found out. There are parts out there for the 2.3L, such as
from Ford Motorsport, Racer Walsh, and others. I'm just getting into
it--seems like the 2.0 and 2.3's are pretty popular w/the stocker racing
crowd.
DANG, you got me wondering about putting a 5.0 in...THANKS, man..HAHA...

Well, maybe I will put in a 5.0, when I blow the 4 cyl. I hope to find a
good performance cam (emissions legal), and get the necessary head work
done, peform the intake mods (eliminate intake silencer, K&N,etc.), get
a good ignition system going, maybe even get those headers from Racer
Walsh's catalog...it's gonna take some time, though. Oh yeah, I am going
w/the forged pistons--we'll see how this motor lasts w/some
Nitrous..heeheehee.

Again, don't mean to bust on it, I'd DEFINATELY do it too, but it's not
worth the time/money hassle for me right now. I'd usually JUMP at the
chance to do something like this...but the Ranger will become my daily
driver (yet another thing to keep in mind...that's kinda hard to do!).

Let me know what you find out, I'm still interested...

SAY, would any of ya'll know how to tell if you do indeed have a MAF
system? I'm pretty sure I do (VIN code "A", 8th digit), per Probst's
book on Ford Fuel Injection...anyways...

YEESH, my ramblings on...Type to ya later,

Josh --> '88 FDR

P.S. oh yeah, i'm talking about a 5.0 (302) fuel injected motor...can't
use anything earlier than an '88 (legally)...it would probably be easier
to put in a plain jane SBF...that would be cool, if you can get away
with it...

swordsc db.erau.edu wrote:
>
> I'm wanting to fix up my ranger a little bit. I'm interested in
> putting a 302 in and lowering it about 2" or 3". I don't want
> anything obnoxiously low and tacky. I heard that lowering a ranger
> was really expensive and was wondering how to find out about kits to
> do it myself. Also, I was told that it is incredibly easy to put a
> 302 in since the transmission is the same? I have a 2.3L in it now.
> Any advice is appreciated.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 14:06:03 -0400
From: Chris Kelly
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: Re: 88ranger
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

J. Martin wrote:
>
> Hey, cool!
>
> I've also got an '88 Ranger...2.3L
> I REALLY wanted to put in a 5.0LHO, but eventually decided against it...
> There is alot of work that goes into dropping a SB into one of these. I
> have never done it, personally, but I did get the catalog from Advanced
> Adaptors which lists the prices for the conversion kit--I also got their
> conversion booklet. You have to get the necessary motor mounts, mount a
> remote filter kit (would be better than stock, really), quote "may be
> necessary to modify the A/C-Heater" plenum/divider, may be necessary to
> modify the steering shaft, may have to "customize" the firewall somewhat
> (minimal reshaping), locate a different tranny (no way I'd try to back
> up a SBF w/that tranny! ;), etc...I really wonder what the exhaust
> system would be like too!! I haven't done any REAL measuring...maybe I
> should...
>
> I've got A/C, pwr steering, pwr brakes, etc...I haven't ever driven this
> truck, got it w/the motor half-dismantled (bought it from a friend (uh
> oh!!) who lost interest in it). BUT, I'd rather leave well enough alone,
> right now...it worked before it was taken apart. Right now, I'm in the
> midst of finding out more about the 2.3L engine..it's at the machine
> shop--I'm trying to find a suitable performance cam...but I have to keep
> emissions in mind. I live in Houston (Harris County), and we have to
> past the emissions test each year in order to stay legal.
>
> I really don't mean to put a damper on your spirits...just to let ya
> know what I found out. There are parts out there for the 2.3L, such as
> from Ford Motorsport, Racer Walsh, and others. I'm just getting into
> it--seems like the 2.0 and 2.3's are pretty popular w/the stocker racing
> crowd.
> DANG, you got me wondering about putting a 5.0 in...THANKS, man..HAHA...
>
> Well, maybe I will put in a 5.0, when I blow the 4 cyl. I hope to find a
> good performance cam (emissions legal), and get the necessary head work
> done, peform the intake mods (eliminate intake silencer, K&N,etc.), get
> a good ignition system going, maybe even get those headers from Racer
> Walsh's catalog...it's gonna take some time, though. Oh yeah, I am going
> w/the forged pistons--we'll see how this motor lasts w/some
> Nitrous..heeheehee.
>
> Again, don't mean to bust on it, I'd DEFINATELY do it too, but it's not
> worth the time/money hassle for me right now. I'd usually JUMP at the
> chance to do something like this...but the Ranger will become my daily
> driver (yet another thing to keep in mind...that's kinda hard to do!).
>
> Let me know what you find out, I'm still interested...
>
> SAY, would any of ya'll know how to tell if you do indeed have a MAF
> system? I'm pretty sure I do (VIN code "A", 8th digit), per Probst's
> book on Ford Fuel Injection...anyways...
>
> YEESH, my ramblings on...Type to ya later,
>
> Josh --> '88 FDR
>
> P.S. oh yeah, i'm talking about a 5.0 (302) fuel injected motor...can't
> use anything earlier than an '88 (legally)...it would probably be easier
> to put in a plain jane SBF...that would be cool, if you can get away
> with it...
>
> swordsc db.erau.edu wrote:
> >
> > I'm wanting to fix up my ranger a little bit. I'm interested in
> > putting a 302 in and lowering it about 2" or 3". I don't want
> > anything obnoxiously low and tacky. I heard that lowering a ranger
> > was really expensive and was wondering how to find out about kits to
> > do it myself. Also, I was told that it is incredibly easy to put a
> > 302 in since the transmission is the same? I have a 2.3L in it now.
> > Any advice is appreciated.
>
> ____________________________________________________________________
> Message distributed via http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.lofcom.com/
> For help send subject "HELP" to:fordtrucks80up-request lofcom.com
> Comments and suggestions are welcome, use: kpayne mindspring.com


Interested in 2.3 liter performance check out I'll sho u performance.
they carry computer chips, nitrous injectors, cat-back exhaust,
centerforce clutches, and a few other goodies. Might be easier going to
a 2.3 turbo from a thunderbird also...tranbsmission is believed to be
able to deal with the horsepower of it..just not the torque..which a 2.3
turbo don't have alot of! I'll sho u perfomance also sells stuff for
this motor. So many options here...A buddy of mine had an 88 that ran
15.9 1/4 mile with a bone stock 2.9 V-6...would be easy swap for you and
add some performance parts and you beat the estimated time of the Ranger
SVT! without a whole bunch of work!

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 14:21:23 +0000
From: swordsc db.erau.edu
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: Re: 88ranger
Message-Id:
Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT

I appreciate the replies to my post. Starting to wander if it would
be cheaper to supe up my 2.3. I'm just not sure what parts are out
there. The engine is next summer's project. The body is this summer.
Planning on putting a snug top on it and repainting it. Probably
going with something like the blue dodges with white racing stripes.
I really like that paint job. The only problems is the tops are so
damn expensive. Trying to find a used one, but that seems almost
impossible. If anyone here lives in the Atlanta area and knows of
where i can find one I would be much appreciative. I'll try to post
some pictures of the truck when I'm done. Who makes nice roll pans
and bumpers? Thanks.

chris swords
88 Ford Ranger XLT
2 JL Audio 10W1
MB Quart 215.02cx
Fosgate Punch 40i and 60x2

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 19:33:52 -0500
From: Gardner
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: synchronizer
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I have a 94 Ranger 4 cyl. 5 spd. I am having troubles with 2cd gear !
Sure its the synchronizer, bought it used and found that the third gear
sync was messed up..truck was still under warranty then. Met the guy who
had owned it...he had pulled a 40 foot boat with it! IDIOT! anyway I
think i probably has caused this it has just taking time to show up. I
was wondering how hard of a job this to do yourself...or if anyone knows
of a transmission that I can upgrade to! Thanks in advance
Any ideas how much it cost for someone else to fix?
Chris

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 20:06:18 -0400
From: "Rick L. Anderson"
To: Ford Trucks
Subject: Dumb Ranger ??
Message-ID:
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Disposition: inline

Greetings All,

Got a ?? for any of you.

I have a 92 Ranger 4X4 with a 4.0L and Mazda R1 5 Speed (Don't laugh too
hard) tranny. I had this tranny lunch out on me. I went to downshift fr=
om
4th to 3rd and found that my tranny was locked in 4th. After taking it t=
o
Ford (Big Mistake!) and a whole lot of $$, got it repaired. I thought th=
at
my problem was an isolated problem. However, I've been doing some resear=
ch
and am finding out that this transmission in the 91 & 92 Rangers/Explorer=
s
has had a bad habit of lunching out. How many of you folks have had this=

happen to you?

I'm kinda curious about this for a couple of reasons.

#1 is I hear that there may be a class-action lawsuit being cranked-up
against Ford for not recalling this transmission and upgrading the
"defective" parts in question. Some info that I've been picking up in so=
me
newsgroups is that in the 93 & 94 Rangers/Explorers the transmission was
upgraded by the installation of much stouter parts.

#2 is that there is there is a National Highway Transportation Safety
Administration (NHTSA) Technical Service Bulletin on this tranny. I do n=
ot
have this bulletin but I'm going to order it soon. If any of you folks
like to check out NHTSA, their web site is;

www.nhtsa.dot.gov

Would like to hear from any of you regarding this tranny.

TIA

Rick L. Anderson

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 20:57:00 -0400 (EDT)
From: Husk77 aol.com
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: Re:86-- 6.9L Diesel, F250 extended cab
Message-ID:

I would appreciate any help I can get. I'm having a problem with losing the
prime on my diesel. Then I have to crank it forever to start it. The problem
has been with the vehicle since it was new but recently it has gotten much
worse. Also, I'm looking for a emmissions diagnosis manual. Does anyone know
where I can get one? Are there any mail order houses that deal in partfor
this truck?
Any help would be appreciated.

The Husker

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 21:02:40 -0400
From: Ken Payne
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Cc: nancyjd ix.netcom.com
Subject: Unsubscribe form
Message-Id:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Unsubscribe forms should now work. I accidently deleted
the CGI scripts from the web site. Sorry for any problems
this has caused.

-Ken
1967 Ford F100, 390FE V8
List Maintainer, send comments or suggestions to: kpayne mindspring.com
Visit our web site (subscribe/unsubscribe forms are there):
http://www.ford-trucks.com

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 19:27:50
From: Ken Miller
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: Re:86-- 6.9L Diesel, F250 extended cab
Message-Id:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

At 08:57 PM 6/26/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I would appreciate any help I can get. I'm having a problem with losing the
>prime on my diesel. Then I have to crank it forever to start it. The problem
>has been with the vehicle since it was new but recently it has gotten much
>worse.
Are you sure that it is a fuel problem? If your glow plugs are not
working, for a number of reasons (bad relay, bad controller, burned up
plugs - caused by bad controller) you will have to crank _forever_ before
it will start, and, if you are in cold weather it will never start. In my
86 6.9L, I have had the relay go bad once, at about 8 years, and then the
glow plug controller went bad which burned up the glow plugs. That was two
years ago, but no problems since. If it was a fuel problem, you may have a
leaking fuel line.

> Also, I'm looking for a emmissions diagnosis manual. Does anyone know
>where I can get one? Are there any mail order houses that deal in part for
>this truck?

Call Helm at 1-800-782-4356. They have _all_ the manuals. Just be sure to
specificly state which manuals you want. There are different manuals
covering different topics, emmissions diagnosis being one of them.

Good Luck.
MK
******************************************************************
Ken Miller & Personal: KRMiller Vegas.Infi.Net
Kim Foss Work: KMiller2 ci.Las-Vegas.NV.US
650 Whitney Ranch #3213 W (707) 229-4709 H(702) 458-6529
Henderson, NV 89014 Fax (707) 474-4764
******************************************************************

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 00:07:38 -0400 (EDT)
From: Chip256 aol.com
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: Re: Unsubscribe form
Message-ID:

How do I unsubscribe ?

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 01:25:12 -0400 (EDT)
From: Lehmandp aol.com
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: Re: 88ranger
Message-ID:

In a message dated 97-06-26 04:47:33 EDT, swordsc db.erau.edu writes:


putting a 302 in and lowering it about 2" or 3". I don't want
anything obnoxiously low and tacky. I heard that lowering a ranger
was really expensive and was wondering how to find out about kits to
do it myself. Also, I was told that it is incredibly easy to put a
302 in since the transmission is the same? I have a 2.3L in it now.
Any advice is appreciated.
>>

Check your local Ford Motorsports dealer for new motor. One near me is
offering brand new, 5.0L Mustang H.O. E.F.I. engine assembly, 225 Bhp,
production stainless headers, includes fuel injection, distributor, fuel
rails, injectors and flywheel for $2100!

Unbelievable price! I'm thinking about buying one to have ready for my 5.0L
F150 or V8 T-Bird.

You can contact this particular dealer at: http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.teleport.com/~classics/

Have fun!
- David Lehman

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 04:37:57 -0700
From: MJC
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: novice
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

This is the first truck I have every owned. Bought a '81 F100 302?
149000 miles. This was bought just to go back and forth to work. The
most major problem is a leak in the front seal of the rear end. Found a
book on Ford
trucks and it seems that it souldn't be too difficult a repair job.
However, the guys around here(in the ozarks) who are truck owners for
years tell me to throw the book away. According to the book this
operation should not be done unless you have all the proper tools. The
guys have told me "you just tighten it back up--no tighting to so many
foot pounds--don't worry about this or that. Fords just go together"
As a matter of fact when I went to the parts store to get the seal I did
not know what size the rear end was(couldn't read the door sticker and
couldn't find the "tag" on the case)so I got the two differant sizes
they had in stock. I am going to work on this Saturday AM. Does any one
know what size socket is needed for that "big" nut?
This operation should be "fun"

thanks

Marty Chevian (the new kid)

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 09:27:29 -0700
From: Mark Ponsford
To: fordtrucks80up lofcom.com
Subject: Re: novice
Message-Id:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

>This is the first truck I have every owned. Bought a '81 F100 302?
>149000 miles. This was bought just to go back and forth to work. The
>most major problem is a leak in the front seal of the rear end. Found a
>book on Ford
>trucks and it seems that it souldn't be too difficult a repair job.
>However, the guys around here(in the ozarks) who are truck owners for
>years tell me to throw the book away. According to the book this....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.