Return-Path:
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 03:50:25 -0700 (MST)
From: owner-fordtrucks80up-digest ListService.net (fordtrucks80up-digest)
To: fordtrucks80up-digest ListService.net
Subject: fordtrucks80up-digest V2 #102
Reply-To: fordtrucks80up ListService.net
Sender: owner-fordtrucks80up-digest ListService.net


fordtrucks80up-digest Friday, March 20 1998 Volume 02 : Number 102



=======================================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1980 - 1996 Trucks Digest
Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To unsubscribe, send email to:
fordtrucks80up-digest-request listservice.net
with the word "unsubscribe" in the body of the message. For help, send
email to the same address with the word "help" in the body of the
message.
=======================================================================
In this issue:

Re: GOT MY 99 Super duty ["Chris Hedemark" ]
Bed Liners [John Cassis ]
RE: ADMIN: Seeking assistance ["Chapman, David P"
Ranger Questions [John Cassis ]
Re: Ranger Questions [JSCF250 ]
Re: Winch Mounting [JSCF250 ]
Re:Dave 'bare metal bed' McDonald [Ken Justice ]
RE: Oil in air filter pan ["Chadlyr" ]
Re: Dave 'bare metal bed' McDonald [Chris Hedemark ]
Re: Paint in Bed-liners [tfmf211 murphyfarms.com]
Re: UNSUBSRIBE DIGEST [f94 webtv.net (David Richards)]
F350 front spring arch [cfoye BayNetworks.COM (Chris Foye)]
RE: ADMIN: Seeking assistance ["Rio, Tony" ]
Super Duty trucks now on the Ford web site [Randy Robb
95 Ranger Stx ["Nathan Sipes United Shipping Headquarters"
Re: 95 Ranger Stx [Chris Hedemark ]
RE: 95 Ranger Stx ["Nathan Sipes United Shipping Headquarters"
Re: 95 Ranger Stx [Chris Hedemark ]
Re: Winch Mounting [FSTFORDS ]
Re: Repair manuals [Danny Gaudenti ]
Re: Clutch makes steering wheel drop? ["Dave Resch" ]
RE: 351W Firing order [Mike Marcum ]
Re: Paint in Bed-liners [ACMERCG ]
Re: Paint in Bed-liners [JSCF250 ]
Re: 95 Ranger Stx [JSCF250 ]
F-150 -- FORD 460 [Daniel R McDonald ]
Re: Repair manuals [Husk 77 ]
Re: F-150 -- FORD 460 ["Chris Hedemark" ]
Re: Winch Mounting (tire mounting) [sbest ]
Re: GOT MY 99 Super duty [four-by-four juno.com (Off Road)]

=======================================================================

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 07:14:45 -0500
From: "Chris Hedemark"
Subject: Re: GOT MY 99 Super duty

>Hey everyone!
>Took delivery of my 99 F-350 Lariat superduty 4X4 supercab today.
>It took 18 weeks and 6 days from order date! All I can say is...
>I LOVE IT !
>I LOVE IT !
>I LOVE IT !
>Any questions? Let me know.


Hey congratulations! I love the new F350 design. The dealership down the
road has a few and Ford is finally throwing something on the market that can
compete with the Dodge Ram visually.

What engine did you order with your F350?

Chris Hedemark
Yonder Way
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.yonderway.com

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 06:35:49 -0600
From: John Cassis
Subject: Bed Liners

Dave,

Just an idea, you could remove your bedliner and spray in rubberized undercoating and then put the bedliner back in.

John Cassis
93' STX 4x4 3.0/5-speed

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 08:17:18 -0500
From: "Chapman, David P"
Subject: RE: ADMIN: Seeking assistance

Hi Ken,

You helped me with this problem awhile ago and we couldn't figure out
how to fix it. But then I stumbled on the solution and have been using
Exchange (actually now the new version which is Outlook) without a
problem. Here's what worked for me.

Go into the address book and select the address for the mailing list
your using (i.e. - fordtrucks80up ListService.net). Display the
properties for the address entry and you should see a check box labeled
"Always send to this recipient in Microsoft Exchange rich-text format".
Make sure this check box is turned OFF. Once I did this, I could post
to the list without a problem. As a side note, it also corrected
problems I had in sending mail messages with attachments to a recipient
who was not using Exchange.

Hope this helps.

Dave Chapman
david.chapman unisys.com

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ken Payne [SMTP:kpayne mindspring.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 1998 10:06 PM
> To: fordtrucks ListService.net; fordtrucks61-79 ListService.net;
> fordtrucks80up ListService.net; fordtrucks-small ListService.net;
> fordtrucks97up ListService.net
> Subject: ADMIN: Seeking assistance
>
> I need help from some list members in order to save myself
> (and others) an enormous amount of time. The problem is
> Microsoft email packages. They insist on sending W*NMAIL.DAT
> and M*ME attachments (can't spell them because the server
> will bounce them).
>
> I know from experience that many have had this problem and
> solved it. If you're using a Microsoft package and can
> successfully post to the lists, please let me know what
> your settings are. This will allow all list members to
> participate in the discussions. I will post these settings
> in the new "Instruction Guide" I'm putting together for
> list usage.
>
> Email me at: kpayne mindspring.com
>
> Thanks,
> Ken Payne
> Admin, Ford Truck Enthusiasts
> http://www.ford-trucks.com
>
> +--------------- Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1980 - 1996
> ----------------+
> | Send posts to fordtrucks80up listservice.net,
> |
> | List removal instructions on the website.
> |
> +----------------- Site: http://www.ford-trucks.com
> -----------------+

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 07:14:36 -0600
From: John Cassis
Subject: Ranger Questions

Ok I have a couple of questions on my 93' 4x4 Ranger - 3.0 w/5-speed.
Is there one or two O2 sensors? On my truck on both sides on the exhaust =
pipes coming down from the manifols there is an identical looking sensor =
on both sides are they both O2 sensors or is one and O2 sensor and the =
other something else?? Next from listening in to a couple of you guys I =
think my Throttle Position sensor is going out. Sometimes the truck is =
real slow to idle back down when I am inbetwen shifting gears or pulling =
up at a light. Almost like the throttle is sticking. If I turn the truck =
off and start it right back up it begins to run normal. Is the TP sensor =
that hard to replace? Someone mesioned they got one for $22. What parts =
store did you get it from? Anyway thanks in advance for your help.

John Cassis
93' STX 4x4 3.0/5-speed

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 08:48:57 EST
From: JSCF250
Subject: Re: Ranger Questions

hey john,
i just put a tps in my f250 and i paid 23 bucks for it at autozone, i buy
alot of parts and autozone even beats napa (that i get a mechanics discount
at) with their parts prices i have shopped around and they beat them all by 10
bucks or more. good luck its worth replacing.

joe

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 08:54:24 EST
From: JSCF250
Subject: Re: Winch Mounting

this is an idea that i did, on my old 89 s-10 blazer, i had a piece of steel
about 5 inches wide welded across the frame , and bolted a boat winch(cheaper)
upside down under that piece of steel, and it worked great. get the steel at a
welding place.
check out your frame, i will probably do the same to my ford. good luck.

joe

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 07:09:46 -0700
From: Ken Justice
Subject: Re:Dave 'bare metal bed' McDonald

There is available a liner that goes between the bed and the slip-in
bedliner. This should be available at any dealer that sells this type of
bedliner.
Regards,
Ken Justice
Discover the Working Mat!
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.workingmat.com

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 09:13:40 -0500
From: "Chadlyr"
Subject: RE: Oil in air filter pan

That's not exactly true. Combustion gasses are blowing by your rings (IF
they are worn, cracked, etc...), pressurizing your crankcase, pushing
excessive amounts of air through your PCV along with air-borne oil
particles.

Another symptom is when you can't get your valve covers to quit leaking.

Also, oil does not blow by your rings. What happens when your rings are
worn is, they no longer scrape enough of the excess oil off the cylinder
walls. This leaves oil in the combustion chamber where you burn it.

If you rings are worn enough to where you need a rebuild, you should notice
each of those symptoms. BUT! If your rings have lined up on a cylinder,
you will get the same symptoms. But it's a lot cheaper and simpler to fix.

Chad

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-fordtrucks80up ListService.net
[mailto:owner-fordtrucks80up ListService.net]On Behalf Of Scott Parent
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 1998 1:51 AM
To: fordtrucks80up ListService.net
Subject: Re: Oil in air filter pan


Michael Wray wrote:

> I have an '86 F250 / 351 4x4.
>
> I went to change my air filter the other day and found puddles of oil!
>
> It seems that oil is coming from the PCV that is attached to the
> valve
> cover and has a hose running to the air cleaner. I used to own a full
>
> size Bronco, and when the engine was running and I put oil in it,
> there
> would be allot of suction. Now it seems that with my F250, it is
> blowing oil into the air filter pan.
>
> Any ideas what might be causing this?? Is the PCV bad?
>
> Michael

Mike, It sounds like your piston rings are shot! The oil is
blowing past your rings, back up
through your pcv valve, and into your air cleaner. I would do a leak
down test, or compression check on each cylinder. This is a serious
problem.

Scott

> +--------------- Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1980 - 1996
> ----------------+
> | Send posts to fordtrucks80up listservice.net,
> |
> | List removal instructions on the website.
> |
> +----------------- Site: http://www.ford-trucks.com
> -----------------+






+--------------- Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1980 - 1996 ----------------+
| Send posts to fordtrucks80up listservice.net, |
| List removal instructions on the website. |
+----------------- Site: http://www.ford-trucks.com -----------------+

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 09:28:36 -0500
From: Chris Hedemark
Subject: Re: Dave 'bare metal bed' McDonald

Ken Justice wrote:

> There is available a liner that goes between the bed and the slip-in
> bedliner. This should be available at any dealer that sells this type of
> bedliner.

Ken, the one's that I have seen were just a plain rubber mat that goes
between the ABS liner and the metal bed. This is fine for protecting
the bed floor but the walls are still fully exposed.

Best bet, IMO, is go with a spray in liner and forgo the plastic liners
altogher. That is, *if* you want your bed to last for 10+ years.
Otherwise you're just hiding the same kind of damage that you would get
with no bedliner at all. I took up the bedliner on my 95 Dodge Ram in
1996 (before I ditched it) and the bed looked so bad that it looked to
be like THREE years of use WITHOUT a bedliner. Never again!

I'm working with my father on an arrangement to buy his 1987 F250 ...
mechanically it's in pretty good shape but the bed looks like it's been
to hell and back (thanks in a large part to the bedliner causing
damage). The bedliner has since been removed and beleive it or not the
rate of damage has slowed down. Nevertheless, as soon as that truck is
in my possession I'd like to replace the bed and get a spray-in liner in
there before anything goes in it.

Can anyone tell me if a bed from a 96 truck will go right on an 87? I
figured on hunting down these shops that do conversions to flatbeds or
whatever and see if I can get a bed from one of them (any such companies
here that are in North Carolina, Virginia, or Tennessee please email me
privately).

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 8:37:22 +0000
From: tfmf211 murphyfarms.com
Subject: Re: Paint in Bed-liners

>I've already got an under the rails type o bedliner in my F250. I had caus=
e=20

>to take it out a while back, and man... it's not pretty under there! all=20
the
>shifting and grit has gotten rid of the paint in my bed. There's no rust=20
yet
>(I have a topper also, so it doesn't get wet alot). Anyone have any
>suggestions on what to pre-line a bed with before puttin in one o them sli=
p=20

>in plastic bedliners? I figger no rust yet, it's not a problem, but
>someday....
>
> Dave 'bare metal bed' McDonald

I have an '87 Ranger with a slip in Bed-Liner. I bought the truck new and
wanted to protect the bed. What I did prior to installing the bed liner
was to put 200mph tape on all the raised surfaces. Currently, I have
no rust and no rubbed off paint. I check it about every 6 months but
have yet had to do anything. Hope this helps.

-Ted

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 11:22:21 -0500
From: f94 webtv.net (David Richards)
Subject: Re: UNSUBSRIBE DIGEST



------------------------------

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 08:22:24 -0800
From: cfoye BayNetworks.COM (Chris Foye)
Subject: F350 front spring arch

After reading some of the posts about the F250 springs, I had a look at my
trucks front springs. I have a 97 F350 with the PSD, now I didn't notice
when I bought the truck so, I don't know if this is normal or not but, they
arch upwards. Now is this normal and how does it affect the operation of
the springs as opposed to springs which arch downward?
This is a great list with some knowledgable people, thank you for your help.

Chris

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 10:42:52 -0600
From: "Rio, Tony"
Subject: RE: ADMIN: Seeking assistance

Hey guys...

I'm a network admin person here at Allstate and use Outllok 97 through
campus Exchange servers. David is right... Over all you do not want to
send in MS RTF unless you know that the recipient is also running a
Microsoft back end as the mail formatting will give other mail server
types problems. The MS RTF is there so that you can do extended
formatting within a message (colored text, bulleting, font sizing, et..)
and will not interpret properly on non-Microsoft systems.

Yet one more way Bill Gates is planning for his retirement fund

Tony Rio
Allstate Enterprise Help Center
PRC Analyst \ Integration Owner
Trio1 Allstate.com
(W) 847.402.9386


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Chapman, David P [SMTP:fordtrucks80up ListService.net]
> Sent: Thursday, March 19, 1998 7:17 AM
> To: fordtrucks80up ListService.net; David.Chapman unisys.com
> Subject: RE: ADMIN: Seeking assistance
>
> Hi Ken,
>
> You helped me with this problem awhile ago and we couldn't figure out
> how to fix it. But then I stumbled on the solution and have been
> using
> Exchange (actually now the new version which is Outlook) without a
> problem. Here's what worked for me.
>
> Go into the address book and select the address for the mailing list
> your using (i.e. - fordtrucks80up ListService.net). Display the
> properties for the address entry and you should see a check box
> labeled
> "Always send to this recipient in Microsoft Exchange rich-text
> format".
> Make sure this check box is turned OFF. Once I did this, I could post
> to the list without a problem. As a side note, it also corrected
> problems I had in sending mail messages with attachments to a
> recipient
> who was not using Exchange.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Dave Chapman
> david.chapman unisys.com
>
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Ken Payne [SMTP:kpayne mindspring.com]
> > Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 1998 10:06 PM
> > To: fordtrucks ListService.net; fordtrucks61-79 ListService.net;
> > fordtrucks80up ListService.net; fordtrucks-small ListService.net;
> > fordtrucks97up ListService.net
> > Subject: ADMIN: Seeking assistance
> >
> > I need help from some list members in order to save myself
> > (and others) an enormous amount of time. The problem is
> > Microsoft email packages. They insist on sending W*NMAIL.DAT
> > and M*ME attachments (can't spell them because the server
> > will bounce them).
> >
> > I know from experience that many have had this problem and
> > solved it. If you're using a Microsoft package and can
> > successfully post to the lists, please let me know what
> > your settings are. This will allow all list members to
> > participate in the discussions. I will post these settings
> > in the new "Instruction Guide" I'm putting together for
> > list usage.
> >
> > Email me at: kpayne mindspring.com
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ken Payne
> > Admin, Ford Truck Enthusiasts
> > http://www.ford-trucks.com
> >
> > +--------------- Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1980 - 1996
> > ----------------+
> > | Send posts to fordtrucks80up listservice.net,
> > |
> > | List removal instructions on the website.
> > |
> > +----------------- Site: http://www.ford-trucks.com
> > -----------------+
> +--------------- Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1980 - 1996
> ----------------+
> | Send posts to fordtrucks80up listservice.net,
> |
> | List removal instructions on the website.
> |
> +----------------- Site: http://www.ford-trucks.com
> -----------------+

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 11:10:30 -0600
From: Randy Robb
Subject: Super Duty trucks now on the Ford web site

Found out last night the Ford web site has been updated and now has
Super Duty Truck information. Check it out at:
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.fordvehicles.com/worktrucks/index.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 10:29:48 -0700
From: "Nathan Sipes United Shipping Headquarters"
Subject: 95 Ranger Stx

Hello to one and all,

Quick question I have a 95 ranger STX 4x4 with a 4.0 liter. I would
like to mount a winch to the front.
Does anyone have any suggestions.
Nathan

> Nathan Sipes,
> IS Manager
> United Shipping, Inc.
> 7000 Broadway #405
> Denver, Co
> 80221
> Nsipes unitedshipping.com
> http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.unitedshipping.com
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: f94 webtv.net [SMTP:f94 webtv.net]
> Sent: Thursday, March 19, 1998 9:22 AM
> To: fordtrucks80up ListService.net
> Subject: Re: UNSUBSRIBE DIGEST
>
> +--------------- Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1980 - 1996 ----------------+
> | Send posts to fordtrucks80up listservice.net, |
> | List removal instructions on the website. |
> +----------------- Site: http://www.ford-trucks.com -----------------+

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 12:44:08 -0500
From: Chris Hedemark
Subject: Re: 95 Ranger Stx

Nathan Sipes United Shipping Headquarters wrote:
>
> Hello to one and all,
>
> Quick question I have a 95 ranger STX 4x4 with a 4.0 liter. I would
> like to mount a winch to the front.
> Does anyone have any suggestions.

No, but I do have more questions. :-)

What do you plan on using the winch for, Nathan? How often do you
intend to use it, and for what kind of duration?

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 11:09:57 -0700
From: "Nathan Sipes United Shipping Headquarters"
Subject: RE: 95 Ranger Stx

I plan to use it rather frequently probably at least twice a month. As for
the purpose to pull out my truck naturally. Duration will probably be fairly
short i.e. the winch will only have to work between 15-20 minutes at a time.

I tend to get stuck a lot. Also I am into overkill better to have more power
than I ever need than be stuck that one time with out it. so I am looking at
9000-10,000 lbs. winches.

Also anyone happen to know the amp rating on the stock alternator. I figure
I will have to replace it with a higher capacity one.

also probably a second battery.
Nathan

> Nathan Sipes,
> IS Manager
> United Shipping, Inc.
> 7000 Broadway #405
> Denver, Co
> 80221
> Nsipes unitedshipping.com
> http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.unitedshipping.com
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Chris Hedemark [SMTP:chris yonderway.com]
> Sent: Thursday, March 19, 1998 10:44 AM
> To: fordtrucks80up ListService.net
> Subject: Re: 95 Ranger Stx
>
> Nathan Sipes United Shipping Headquarters wrote:
> >
> > Hello to one and all,
> >
> > Quick question I have a 95 ranger STX 4x4 with a 4.0 liter. I
> would
> > like to mount a winch to the front.
> > Does anyone have any suggestions.
>
> No, but I do have more questions. :-)
>
> What do you plan on using the winch for, Nathan? How often do you
> intend to use it, and for what kind of duration?
>
> +--------------- Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1980 - 1996 ----------------+
> | Send posts to fordtrucks80up listservice.net, |
> | List removal instructions on the website. |
> +----------------- Site: http://www.ford-trucks.com -----------------+

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 13:20:12 -0500
From: Chris Hedemark
Subject: Re: 95 Ranger Stx

Nathan Sipes United Shipping Headquarters wrote:

> I plan to use it rather frequently probably at least twice a month. As for
> the purpose to pull out my truck naturally. Duration will probably be fairly
> short i.e. the winch will only have to work between 15-20 minutes at a time.
>
> I tend to get stuck a lot. Also I am into overkill better to have more power
> than I ever need than be stuck that one time with out it. so I am looking at
> 9000-10,000 lbs. winches.
>
> Also anyone happen to know the amp rating on the stock alternator. I figure
> I will have to replace it with a higher capacity one.
>
> also probably a second battery.

OK I was just asking because frequently someone will buy a winch for
more severe duty use, and elect to buy an electric winch for whatever
reason. What you're doing sounds right for an electric winch but I just
wanted to see if you should be considering a hydraulic winch instead.
After I get this 87 F250 it will be getting a hydraulic winch because I
plan on using it for working on the homestead where the truck will make
pull after pull to remove trees and such. This kind of duty would fry
most electric winches.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 14:49:49 EST
From: FSTFORDS
Subject: Re: Winch Mounting

yes, 16.5/9.75 is the proper wheel for a 33.


mike long

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 12:00:41 -0800
From: Danny Gaudenti
Subject: Re: Repair manuals

>I've read pro's and con's about different repair manuals mentioned on this
>list but nothing consistent. How about all your feelings on what manuals to

>Bob Sweed

I've had the manufacturer's service manuals for our two cars and am going
to buy one for our F-150. I woudn't waste my money or time for a Chiltons
or a Haynes. The manufacturer's manual has detailed steps for anything you
could ever want to know or do. Helm publishes the manuals for Ford:
800/782-4356. They are not cheap.

Danny

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 14:15:49 -0700
From: "Dave Resch"
Subject: Re: Clutch makes steering wheel drop?

>From: sbest
>Subject: Clutch makes steering wheel drop?
>
> Recently picked up a 1987 diesel F250 4x4.
>I notice when I push the clutch the steering wheel and dash
>drop an inch or so. Anybody know what's going on here?
>How do I fix it?
Yo Steve:

In the mid '80s, when Ford switched to a hydraulic clutch from the old
mechanical clutch linkage, they had problems w/ the pedal assembly bracket
and cab front panel (firewall) not supporting the clutch pedal properly.
The cab front panel would actually develop cracks around the clutch master
cylinder rod and the steering column. There are at least 2 TSBs about this
problem and you should be able to get the information from any Ford dealer.
Ford makes 2 different repair kits to correct the problem with the cab
panel cracking.

Good luck.

Dave R. (M-block and mechanical clutch devotee)

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 13:30:09 -0800
From: Mike Marcum
Subject: RE: 351W Firing order

Thank you all for your help with the firing order, cylinder numbering,
and distributor rotation of the 351W. With this information, I ran home
during lunch, and resolved the wiring problem.

Thanks again.

- - Mike

> -----Original Message-----
> From: JSCF250 [SMTP:JSCF250 aol.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 1998 6:56 PM
> To: fordtrucks80up ListService.net
> Subject: Re: 351W Firing order
>
> firing order, 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 pass side bank from front to rear
> 1234,
> drivers side bank, 5678 dist rotation counter clockwise. good luck.
>
> jscf250
> +--------------- Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1980 - 1996
> ----------------+
> | Send posts to fordtrucks80up listservice.net,
> |
> | List removal instructions on the website.
> |
> +----------------- Site: http://www.ford-trucks.com
> -----------------+

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 18:49:42 EST
From: ACMERCG
Subject: Re: Paint in Bed-liners

In a message dated 98-03-19 00:23:46 EST, you write:


to take it out a while back, and man... it's not pretty under there! all the
shifting and grit has gotten rid of the paint in my bed. There's no rust yet
(I have a topper also, so it doesn't get wet alot). Anyone have any
suggestions on what to pre-line a bed with before puttin in one o them slip
in plastic bedliners? I figger no rust yet, it's not a problem, but
someday.... >>


I've priced bedliners out at my local Truck place and for like $20 more you
can get a plastic mat that is supposed to stop the rubbing or at least reduce
it. it kind of just lays under the liner before you "kick" it in.

Joe
acmercg aol.com
87 JX SOFTOP
92 F-150 4x4 NITE
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://members.aol.com/ACMERCG/index.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 18:51:17 EST
From: JSCF250
Subject: Re: Paint in Bed-liners

well guys with the plastic bedliners take it out every six months , wash it
out and spray the inside with wd40 or whatever you want and put them back in.
thats what i will do. and dont forget they are trucks not rolls royces, take
care of them keep them immaculate but dont let it get you nuts. good luck.

just my 2 cents joe

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 19:00:05 EST
From: JSCF250
Subject: Re: 95 Ranger Stx

hey nathan,
i once mounted a 3000 lb electric boat winch to the front of my former truck
(89 s-10 blazer) and it worked great, i got stuck real bad in upstate ny and
had no trees around but i dug a hole buried a large rock winch cable attached
and pulled that little truck out with ease, it was buried pretty bad too. it
saved me so many more times . but that is a cheaper way to go if you dont have
the bucks for a truck winch.

joe

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 18:52:18 -0600 (CST)
From: Daniel R McDonald
Subject: F-150 -- FORD 460

I have a 1987 F-150 with a straight-six. I was looking for a
little more power and was wondering how a 460 would fit. Any ideas? If
that's a tad big, how about a 351C or 351W. One more question. I have a
4-speed manual tranny but I don't know what model it is. I have a 3.55
gear ratio and 2400 rpms at 65 mph. I think it's overdrive but I don't
know. Thanks for your help.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 20:00:26 EST
From: Husk 77
Subject: Re: Repair manuals

In a message dated 98-03-19 15:03:07 EST, you write:

I've read pro's and con's about different repair manuals mentioned on this
>list but nothing consistent. How about all your feelings on what manuals to

>Bob Sweed

I've had the manufacturer's service manuals for our two cars and am going
to buy one for our F-150. I woudn't waste my money or time for a Chiltons
or a Haynes. The manufacturer's manual has detailed steps for anything you
could ever want to know or do. Helm publishes the manuals for Ford:
800/782-4356. They are not cheap.

Danny >>


They may not be cheap but when you need them they're worth a million dollars

The Husker

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 21:11:28 -0500
From: "Chris Hedemark"
Subject: Re: F-150 -- FORD 460

> I have a 1987 F-150 with a straight-six. I was looking for a
>little more power and was wondering how a 460 would fit. Any ideas? If
>that's a tad big, how about a 351C or 351W. One more question. I have a
>4-speed manual tranny but I don't know what model it is. I have a 3.55
>gear ratio and 2400 rpms at 65 mph. I think it's overdrive but I don't
>know. Thanks for your help.


Daniel,

You and I need to keep in touch. I am buying my father's 87 F250 since my
mom refuses to drive it and he needs to get something smaller for her. It's
got a 302 in it and at my earliest opportunity I'd like to swap in a 460.

You ready for the good news? This was available as a factory option so you
won't have to fabricate anything!!! You can also do a 351C or Windsor by
using the 302 motor mounts. As for the exhaust manifolds you'll have to be
more resourceful as these were not available from the factory (351M is very
different from 351W but uses same heads as a 351C-2V).

The 87 I'm getting also has a 4 speed stick. I don't think it's an
overdrive. First is a granny gear so it's only ever driven 2nd thru 4th.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 07:36:05 -0400
From: sbest
Subject: Re: Winch Mounting (tire mounting)

>Also, will a 33x12.5x16.5 tire mount on a 16.5x9.75 wheel? Will it seat
....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.