Received: with LISTAR (v1.0.0; list 80-96-list); Fri, 09 Feb 2001 23:58:26 -0500 (EST)
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 23:58:26 -0500 (EST)
From: Ford Truck Enthusiasts List Server <listar ford-trucks.com>
To: 80-96-list digest users <listar ford-trucks.com>
Reply-to: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: 80-96-list Digest V2001 #28
Precedence: list

==========================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts 1980-1996 Truck  Mailing  List

Visit our  web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com

To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
the words "unsubscribe 80-96-list" in the subject  of  the
message.
==========================================================

Serious help maintaining your Ford truck!
----------------------------------------------------------
Check out the following items in our online store:
-How to Build and Modify Ford Fuel-Injected 5.0 Liter V-8 Engines
-How to Rebuild Your Small-Block Ford
-Performance Modifying Ford Trucks
-Ford Engine Overhaul Manual
-Ford Windsor Small-Block Performance
-Saddleman Seat Covers for 1992-1996 F150 - F450 Lariat

<a href="http://www.motorhaven.com/">
http://www.motorhaven.com/</a>

----------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------
80-96-list Digest Thu, 08 Feb 2001 Volume: 2001  Issue: 028

In This Issue:
ADMIN: Survey conclusions
Re: what tranny has pto output?
Re: what tranny has pto output?
Re: what tranny has pto output?
Re: what tranny has pto output?
Re: what tranny has pto output?
Re: what tranny has pto output?
Re: what tranny has pto output?
Re: what tranny has pto output?
Re: what tranny has pto output?
Re: what tranny has pto output?
PTO
Check Engine Light

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 22:17:48 -0500
From: Ken Payne <kpayne ford-trucks.com>
Subject: ADMIN: Survey conclusions


I'd like to thank everyone who took part in the Ford Truck
Enthusiasts mailing list user survey.  We had roughly 250
surveys completed.

Part of the reason why I conducted the survey is because the
lists eat up a significant amount of bandwidth yet bring in
zero in revenue (or so it appeared).  That's not to say that
the lists are all about money, they aren't..... but....
our bandwidth fees are paid for in 50 gigabyte chunks and we
just bumped up to yet another level on bandwidth.

The conclusions of the survey:

a) A significant percentage of users (of those who responded)
  visit the site often.
b) Nearly 20% of the list users don't know what Club FTE is.
  I'm planning on explaining this in detail in a few days.
c) Most users maintain a great deal of loyalty, staying
  subscribed for long periods.
d) Most users don't buy from FTE.  If that's simply a matter
  of preference, that's fine.  We're not twisting anyone's
  arms nor expecting users to buy from us.  If it is a matter
  of lack of selection, we'll address that.  Expect another
  survey in the next few days to address this.  We want to
  serve our users in the best way we can.
e) The majority of the users find the lists to be helpful.  You
  can thank each other for that.  You're a great bunch willing
  to share knowledge and help each other!
f) The majority of the users have saved money as a result of
  using the lists.  Again, thank each other!
g) A significant minority (21%) of the users have purchased
  from each other.  Everyone benefits from this, I know I've
  found items through users that I would have otherwise had
  a difficult time locating.
h) A majority of the users have used the advice of others for
  making purchases.  Knowledge is power.
i) The majority of the users find the lists to be an asset.
j) Most users don't want advertising but find it acceptable so
  long as it supports the lists.  I'll make sure that if the
  issue of on-going advertising occurs that I will address
  concerns.

Overall, I was surprised by the responses.  Not only are the
lists an asset to the users, but they are more of an asset to
FTE than I imagined.  FTE will do what it can to improve the
lists, including setting up a part-exchange list of some sort
in the near future.  I will also be setting up a suggestion box
soon for feedback.

Thanks!
Ken Payne
Admin, Ford Truck Enthusiasts


------------------------------

Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 19:38:28 -0800 (PST)
From: Greg reifsnyder <yjtrendsetter yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: what tranny has pto output?



A PTO on a manual...  Not sure I'm aware of any ford
bolt on type transmissions, but I'm sure there are
plenty of International, Caterpillar, or any other
major brand that has something simmilar to what you
may need... with the help of 'Advance Adapters(.com)'.

BTW... what could you possibly need that for?


=====


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35
a year!  http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 19:38:26 -0800 (PST)
From: Greg reifsnyder <yjtrendsetter yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: what tranny has pto output?



A PTO on a manual...  Not sure I'm aware of any ford
bolt on type transmissions, but I'm sure there are
plenty of International, Caterpillar, or any other
major brand that has something simmilar to what you
may need... with the help of 'Advance Adapters(.com)'.

BTW... what could you possibly need that for?


=====


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35
a year!  http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

------------------------------

From: "Radoje Spasojevic" <rspasoje mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: what tranny has pto output?
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 20:50:21 -0800


The NP 435 has an access plate that a PTO drive can be bolted to.

Radoje Spasojevic
"Nerves of Steel, Brains of Chipmunk"
'90XLT-351W-AOD-BW1356-Dana44-Ford8.8(Lockright)-3.55
'83Custom-300-Clark4spd-NP208-Dana44-Ford8.8"-3.08
'76F-250 Crew Cab-390FE-NP435-NP205-Dana 60-Dana 60-4.10
'87Eddie Bauer-No engine-No tranny-No t-case-No axles-No front clip
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.2bigbroncos.org
--Rubicon tested--
**********************************
-----Original Message-----
From: Greg reifsnyder <yjtrendsetter yahoo.com>
To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com <80-96-list ford-trucks.com>
Date: Thursday, February 08, 2001 8:41 PM
Subject: [80-96-list] Re: what tranny has pto output?


>----------------------------------------------------------
>Support FTE - Check out our store:
>http://www.motorhaven.com/
>----------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>A PTO on a manual...  Not sure I'm aware of any ford
>bolt on type transmissions, but I'm sure there are
>plenty of International, Caterpillar, or any other
>major brand that has something simmilar to what you
>may need... with the help of 'Advance Adapters(.com)'.
>
>BTW... what could you possibly need that for?
>
>
>=====
>
>
>__________________________________________________
>Do You Yahoo!?
>Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35
>a year!  http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
>=============================================================
>To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
>Please remove this footer when replying.
>


------------------------------

From: "Travis Moore" <webdoc arkansas.net>
Subject: Re: what tranny has pto output?
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 22:31:50 -0600


Don't know if it's a simple bolt up, but I believe the BW T-19 has PTO
provision.

-----Original Message-----
From: 80-96-list-bounce ford-trucks.com
[mailto:80-96-list-bounce ford-trucks.com]On Behalf Of
kb9odg.mark juno.com
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2001 4:42 PM
To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: [80-96-list] what tranny has pto output?


----------------------------------------------------------
Support FTE - Check out our store:
http://www.motorhaven.com/
----------------------------------------------------------

Is there a manual transmission that I can bolt up to my 300 six that has
a provision for a pto?

Thanks,

- Mark Reimers KB9ODG
'66 Bronco 5.0L and AOD, 3.5" susp. lift, 3" body lift, 35" tires ...
'87 F-150 XLT 4x2 300 I-6, 4-speed, straight pipe ...

"what comsumes your mind controls your eyes"
________________________________________________________________
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less!
Join Juno today!  For your FREE software, visit:
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
=============================================================
To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
Please remove this footer when replying.




------------------------------

From: Nite4x aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 23:53:41 EST
Subject: Re: what tranny has pto output?


I could swear that our tow trucks had T18's in them...  they all had PTO's...

Joe
Lost in Jersey

------------------------------

From: Nite4x aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 23:54:27 EST
Subject: Re: what tranny has pto output?


BTW those tow trucks were all 88-94 F350 Diesels...

Joe
Lost in jersey

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 08:39:17 -0600
From: Larry Schmiedekamp <Larry.Schmiedekamp angelo.edu>
Subject: Re: what tranny has pto output?


Mark

Most top loader truck 4sp I've seen have the plate on the side of them that
unbolts and you can bolt a PTO to it.

Larry




At 04:41 PM 2/8/01 -0600, you wrote:
>----------------------------------------------------------
>Support FTE - Check out our store:
>http://www.motorhaven.com/
>----------------------------------------------------------
>
>Is there a manual transmission that I can bolt up to my 300 six that has
>a provision for a pto?
>
>Thanks,
>
>- Mark Reimers KB9ODG
>'66 Bronco 5.0L and AOD, 3.5" susp. lift, 3" body lift, 35" tires ...
>'87 F-150 XLT 4x2 300 I-6, 4-speed, straight pipe ...
>
>"what comsumes your mind controls your eyes"
>________________________________________________________________
>GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
>Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less!
>Join Juno today!  For your FREE software, visit:
>http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
>=============================================================
>To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
>Please remove this footer when replying.
>
>


------------------------------

From: "Atkinson, Chip" <CAtkinson Circadence.com>
Subject: Re: what tranny has pto output?
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 09:09:52 -0700


What's a "top loader" truck?

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Larry Schmiedekamp [mailto:Larry.Schmiedekamp angelo.edu]
> Sent: Friday, February 09, 2001 7:39 AM
> To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
> Subject: [80-96-list] Re: what tranny has pto output?
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> Support FTE - Check out our store:
> http://www.motorhaven.com/
> ----------------------------------------------------------
>
> Mark
>
> Most top loader truck 4sp I've seen have the plate on the
> side of them that
> unbolts and you can bolt a PTO to it.
>
> Larry
>
>
>
>
> At 04:41 PM 2/8/01 -0600, you wrote:
> >----------------------------------------------------------
> >Support FTE - Check out our store:
> >http://www.motorhaven.com/
> >----------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >Is there a manual transmission that I can bolt up to my 300
> six that has
> >a provision for a pto?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >- Mark Reimers KB9ODG
> >'66 Bronco 5.0L and AOD, 3.5" susp. lift, 3" body lift, 35" tires ...
> >'87 F-150 XLT 4x2 300 I-6, 4-speed, straight pipe ...
> >
> >"what comsumes your mind controls your eyes"
> >________________________________________________________________
> >GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
> >Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less!
> >Join Juno today!  For your FREE software, visit:
> >http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
> >=============================================================
> >To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
> >Please remove this footer when replying.
> >
> >
>
> =============================================================
> To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
> Please remove this footer when replying.
>

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 10:16:28 -0600
From: Larry Schmiedekamp <Larry.Schmiedekamp angelo.edu>
Subject: Re: what tranny has pto output?


Sorry about the confusion. By top loader I mean a stick shift. Some
transmisson  that are stick shift bolt to the tranny and have the linkage
coming out the side. Others like the T18 or new process NP the shifter goes
into the top of the tranny thus 'top loader'

Larry


At 09:09 AM 2/9/01 -0700, you wrote:
>----------------------------------------------------------
>Support FTE - Check out our store:
>http://www.motorhaven.com/
>----------------------------------------------------------
>
>What's a "top loader" truck?
>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Larry Schmiedekamp [mailto:Larry.Schmiedekamp angelo.edu]
>> Sent: Friday, February 09, 2001 7:39 AM
>> To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
>> Subject: [80-96-list] Re: what tranny has pto output?
>>
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------
>> Support FTE - Check out our store:
>> http://www.motorhaven.com/
>> ----------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Mark
>>
>> Most top loader truck 4sp I've seen have the plate on the
>> side of them that
>> unbolts and you can bolt a PTO to it.
>>
>> Larry
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> At 04:41 PM 2/8/01 -0600, you wrote:
>> >----------------------------------------------------------
>> >Support FTE - Check out our store:
>> >http://www.motorhaven.com/
>> >----------------------------------------------------------
>> >
>> >Is there a manual transmission that I can bolt up to my 300
>> six that has
>> >a provision for a pto?
>> >
>> >Thanks,
>> >
>> >- Mark Reimers KB9ODG
>> >'66 Bronco 5.0L and AOD, 3.5" susp. lift, 3" body lift, 35" tires ...
>> >'87 F-150 XLT 4x2 300 I-6, 4-speed, straight pipe ...
>> >
>> >"what comsumes your mind controls your eyes"
>> >________________________________________________________________
>> >GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
>> >Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less!
>> >Join Juno today!  For your FREE software, visit:
>> >http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
>> >=============================================================
>> >To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
>> >Please remove this footer when replying.
>> >
>> >
>>
>> =============================================================
>> To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
>> Please remove this footer when replying.
>>
>=============================================================
>To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
>Please remove this footer when replying.
>
>


------------------------------

From: "Atkinson, Chip" <CAtkinson Circadence.com>
Subject: Re: what tranny has pto output?
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 09:20:54 -0700


Ah.  Thanks.  Interesting.  Are pto's common enough to find at a junk yard?


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Larry Schmiedekamp [mailto:Larry.Schmiedekamp angelo.edu]
> Sent: Friday, February 09, 2001 9:16 AM
> To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
> Subject: [80-96-list] Re: what tranny has pto output?
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> Support FTE - Check out our store:
> http://www.motorhaven.com/
> ----------------------------------------------------------
>
> Sorry about the confusion. By top loader I mean a stick shift. Some
> transmisson  that are stick shift bolt to the tranny and have
> the linkage
> coming out the side. Others like the T18 or new process NP
> the shifter goes
> into the top of the tranny thus 'top loader'
>
> Larry
>
>
> At 09:09 AM 2/9/01 -0700, you wrote:
> >----------------------------------------------------------
> >Support FTE - Check out our store:
> >http://www.motorhaven.com/
> >----------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >What's a "top loader" truck?
> >
> >> -----Original Message-----
> >> From: Larry Schmiedekamp [mailto:Larry.Schmiedekamp angelo.edu]
> >> Sent: Friday, February 09, 2001 7:39 AM
> >> To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
> >> Subject: [80-96-list] Re: what tranny has pto output?
> >>
> >>
> >> ----------------------------------------------------------
> >> Support FTE - Check out our store:
> >> http://www.motorhaven.com/
> >> ----------------------------------------------------------
> >>
> >> Mark
> >>
> >> Most top loader truck 4sp I've seen have the plate on the
> >> side of them that
> >> unbolts and you can bolt a PTO to it.
> >>
> >> Larry
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> At 04:41 PM 2/8/01 -0600, you wrote:
> >> >----------------------------------------------------------
> >> >Support FTE - Check out our store:
> >> >http://www.motorhaven.com/
> >> >----------------------------------------------------------
> >> >
> >> >Is there a manual transmission that I can bolt up to my 300
> >> six that has
> >> >a provision for a pto?
> >> >
> >> >Thanks,
> >> >
> >> >- Mark Reimers KB9ODG
> >> >'66 Bronco 5.0L and AOD, 3.5" susp. lift, 3" body lift,
> 35" tires ...
> >> >'87 F-150 XLT 4x2 300 I-6, 4-speed, straight pipe ...
> >> >
> >> >"what comsumes your mind controls your eyes"
> >> >________________________________________________________________
> >> >GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
> >> >Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less!
> >> >Join Juno today!  For your FREE software, visit:
> >> >http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
> >> >=============================================================
> >> >To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
> >> >Please remove this footer when replying.
> >> >
> >> >
> >>
> >> =============================================================
> >> To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
> >> Please remove this footer when replying.
> >>
> >=============================================================
> >To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
> >Please remove this footer when replying.
> >
> >
>
> =============================================================
> To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
> Please remove this footer when replying.
>

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 10:52:09 -0600
From: Larry Schmiedekamp <Larry.Schmiedekamp angelo.edu>
Subject: PTO


Mark

Your question about finding a pto in the wrecking yard I myself have never
run across them in a west texas yard. You might find them on a 1ton or bigger.


Off topic:
BTW are you a ham. I see your call sign by your name 'Mark Reimers KD9ODG'
Mine is KB5CLR.


------------------------------

From: Al Powell <powellae home.com>
Subject: Check Engine Light
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 20:56:59 -0700


Friends, I have a '93 F-150 4x4 with 116K miles, 351 V-8, auto.  Once
every two or three days, I get the "Check Engine" light for no more
than 60-90 seconds, then it goes out.

This vehicle just passed emissions testing and runs like a watch.
The engine runs no differently while the Check Engine light is on.
Anyone have an idea why this showing up?

The only thing that occurs to me is that the Check Engine light is
supposed to come on at 30K intervals in many cars as a reminder for
exhaust emission checking, and I'm coming up on 120K....but this has
been going on for at least 10K miles.

Failing any good answer, I could cheerfully continue ignoring it for
a looooooong time....

Al Powell
Fort Collins, CO


------------------------------

End of 80-96-list Digest V2001 #28
********************************** ....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.