Received: with LISTAR (v0.129a; list 80-96-list); Sat, 16 Sep 2000 19:20:48 -0400 (EDT)
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 19:20:48 -0400 (EDT)
From: Ford Truck Enthusiasts List Server <listar ford-trucks.com>
To: 80-96-list digest users <listar ford-trucks.com>
Reply-to: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: 80-96-list Digest V2000 #193
Precedence: list

==========================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts 80-96 Truck  Mailing  List

Visit our  web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com

To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
the words "unsubscribe 80-96-list" in the subject  of  the
message.
==========================================================

------------------------------------
80-96-list Digest Fri, 15 Sep 2000 Volume: 2000  Issue: 193

In This Issue:
Re: emissions?
Speaking of nasty A/C..
Fwd: Re: emissions?
Advice Needed....Paint application
Repair of roof
Re: Repair of roof
Re: Repair of roof
Re: Repair of roof
Steering Damper
Re: Steering Damper
Re: Speaking of nasty A/C..
'88 Bronco 351W questions
Re: '88 Bronco 351W questions
Re: Advice Needed....Paint application

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 23:18:44 -0700
Subject: Re: A/C Problem
From: Joan and Walt Posluszny <redstone home.com>

I'm having fits trying to reply to people directly on the website. So I'll
reply here.  The following note was sent :

cpgorman  - Posts: 4 , New Member     11-Sep-00, 10:25 PM (EST)
"A/C Problem"
I finally finished installing the A/C in my 86 F-150. The problem that I
have now is that the compressor is cycling too much.
At idle, there is no problem, the low side runs at a steady ~40psi.
When the motor is running above idle, the pressure drops quickly until it
reaches about 25 where the pressure switch shuts off the compressor. When
the compressor is off, the pressure builds quickly to about 45, then the
compressor turns on and the cycle starts again. Each cycle is takes about 5
seconds.

I'm thinking that the orifice valve is partially plugged. Anybody have any
ideas before I tear this #$ ! thing apart again???

My response :

The compressor should come on until the low side pressure hits about 40 psi,
then the pressure switch will disengage the compressor until the pressure
drops to 25 PSI at which time the compressor will engage again till it hits
40 PSI .  The low side should not run steady at 40 PSI unless the engine is
at idle and the outside temp is very high, but as soon as you bring up the
rpm it should hit the 40 psi cutout pressure and cycle off the compressor.

If it is cycling too fast, there are two things that can be wrong that I
know of.  Too little freon and or a bad pressure switch.  I just went thru
the former on my car 1 month ago.  Plenty of freon but quick cycling.

Hope this helps.  Walt



------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 23:21:47 -0700
Subject: Re: emissions?
From: Joan and Walt Posluszny <redstone home.com>

It depends on what state you live in, maybe even what county as well.

fordmdb  - Posts: 1 , New Member     10-Sep-00, 06:17 PM (EST)
"emissions?"
i have a 85 stock 351w 2bbl, i want to change over to a 4bbl carb and
manifold. What if all of the emission stuff can i take off? The truck has an
EGR type with air pump? all kinds of hoses and wires not for sure what is
what? Can anyone help?
thanks,
Mike


------------------------------

From: Metalcaster4jc aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 06:42:52 EDT
Subject: Re: emissions?

I have an 86 with a stock 4 bbl, 351 w.  When I purchased the truck three
years ago, most of the air pump connections to the exhaust manifold were
rusted and leaking exhaust into engine compartment.  The air pump was seized
and belt taken off.  It also had terrible blow by, couldn't keep oil in the
engine it was so bad.  I rebuilt an early 70's 351w from a mustang and put it
in this past summer.  All I connected was the egr, and timing advance, and a
couple of the temperature activated diverter valves for quicker engine warm
up.  Since this is a utility truck, I didn't want to put gobs of money into
restoring it to factory emissions spec.  It runs great despite the junk
holley carb ford put on it, (has to be rebuilt just about every year).  I
installed an Elgin cam, cheapie rings from JCW, ground the crank, new oil
pump/pickup tube.  Also added a remote oil filter mount.  I always hated
dripping oil all over the front axle / crossmember every oil change.  It
added about a qt extra capacity, I'm happy with it so far.

Andrew Abrams
Metalcaster4jc
86 F250HO 4X4, ext cab, long bed

mike wrote:
fordmdb  - Posts: 1 , New Member     10-Sep-00, 06:17 PM (EST)
"emissions?"
i have a 85 stock 351w 2bbl, i want to change over to a 4bbl carb and
manifold. What if all of the emission stuff can i take off? The truck has an
EGR type with air pump? all kinds of hoses and wires not for sure what is
what? Can anyone help?
thanks,
Mike

------------------------------

From: "Tim Clevenger" <tclevenger hotmail.com>
Subject: Speaking of nasty A/C..
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 09:33:08 PDT

Hi all,

Is there something I can do to keep that mildew smell from forming in my
A/C?  My '86 Ranger, '99 Metro and '85 Accord all had/have the same problem.
 (The Metro took less than 6 months from new.)  Is there something I can do
to clean up the smell and prevent it in the future?

Thanks.

Tim


---------------
>From: Joan and Walt Posluszny <redstone home.com>
>Reply-To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
>To: <80-96-list ford-trucks.com>
>Subject: [80-96-list] Re: Evaporator Core
>Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 23:09:15 -0700
>
>My 1985 (bought in 84) has the original evaporator.  You've got something
>going on.  When's the last time it was completely evacuated and the dryer
>changed?
>
>Walt
> >
> > From: Jgearhead aol.com
> > Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 23:56:11 EDT
> > Subject: Evaporator Core
> >
> > I have a 84 F250 and am on my fourth Evaporator core. Has anyone else
>had
> > this problem and what can I do to keep from replacing one every couple
>of
> > years?
> >
> > ------------------------------
>
>=============================================================
>To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
>Please remove this footer when replying.
>

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.hotmail.com.

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://profiles.msn.com.


------------------------------

From: Lingus0169 aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 12:40:59 EDT
Subject: Fwd: Re: emissions?


about the emissions...well,i have an 85 351w,and i put on a edelbrock intake and 600cfm carb.  i removed ALL emissions, but i live in pennsylvannia, so i can do that. but i removed the air pump, all hoses and wires that went to it...it HAD a computer, but i removed it and i have a bare engine, and its great, no electronics to go wrong.  i plugged up the holes that were left on the rear of the heads from the equalizer pipe that goes from one head to the next and that went to the air pump. i dont know where you live,butif you need any  further questions answered, i will try and answer them.


-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --

Return-Path: <80-96-list-bounce ford-trucks.com>
Received: from  rly-zc05.mx.aol.com (rly-zc05.mail.aol.com [172.31.33.5]) by air-zc04.mail.aol.com (v75_b4.3) with ESMTP; Fri, 15 Sep 2000 02:22:12 -0400
Received: from  ford-trucks.com (ford-trucks.com [209.50.251.152]) by rly-zc05.mx.aol.com (v75_b3.9) with ESMTP; Fri, 15 Sep 2000 02:21:57 -0400
Received: from ford-trucks.com (ford-trucks.com [209.50.251.152])
by ford-trucks.com (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA05941;
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 01:25:13 -0400
Received: with LISTAR (v0.129a; list 80-96-list); Fri, 15 Sep 2000 01:25:12 -0400 (EDT)
Received: from femail4.sdc1.sfba.home.com (femail4.sdc1.sfba.home.com [24.0.95.84])
by ford-trucks.com (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id BAA05929
for <80-96-list ford-trucks.com>; Fri, 15 Sep 2000 01:25:11 -0400
Received: from [24.15.220.153] by femail4.sdc1.sfba.home.com
         (InterMail vM.4.01.03.00 201-229-121) with ESMTP
         id <20000915062055.BLGI8573.femail4.sdc1.sfba.home.com [24.15.220.153]>
         for <80-96-list ford-trucks.com>; Thu, 14 Sep 2000 23:20:55 -0700
User-Agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 23:21:47 -0700
Subject: [80-96-list] Re: emissions?
From: Joan and Walt Posluszny <redstone home.com>
To: <80-96-list ford-trucks.com>
Message-ID: <B5E70E0A.28D9%redstone home.com>
In-Reply-To: <200009130352.XAA07103 ford-trucks.com>
Mime-version: 1.0
Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"
X-MIME-Autoconverted: from quoted-printable to 8bit by ford-trucks.com id BAA05929
X-listar-version: Listar v0.129a
Sender: 80-96-list-bounce ford-trucks.com
Errors-to: 80-96-list-bounce ford-trucks.com
X-original-sender: redstone home.com
Precedence: list
Reply-to: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
X-list: 80-96-list
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-MIME-Autoconverted: from 8bit to quoted-printable by ford-trucks.com id BAA05941
X-Mailer: Unknown

It depends on what state you live in, maybe even what county as well.

fordmdb  - Posts: 1 , New Member     10-Sep-00,=A006:17=A0PM=A0(EST)
"emissions?"
i have a 85 stock 351w 2bbl, i want to change over to a 4bbl carb and
manifold. What if all of the emission stuff can i take off? The truck has an
EGR type with air pump? all kinds of hoses and wires not for sure what is
what? Can anyone help?
thanks,
Mike=20

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
Please remove this footer when replying.




------------------------------

From: WVAIL3 aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 16:40:24 EDT
Subject: Advice Needed....Paint application

I have a 1988 full size Bronco I am in the process of restoring.....My
question is what is the best type of paint to use on the removable roof
section that i believe is fiberglass with a rough texture???? Looking for the
best product for this application.....please reply to Warren...........at
WVAIL3 AOL.COM

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 13:58:55 -0700
From: chuck sanborn <slammer deltanet.com>
Subject: Repair of roof

How the heck does a person go about removing a large dent in the roof of the
truck?  My 83 F150 has a few dents in the roof but if I pull them out, they
just
go right back, like the metal has a memory or something.
They are deep enough that I sure don't want to fill with a filler, but I
can't seem
to reduce the size of them!
Thanks,
Chuck
Chuck Sanborn
Torrance, CA
86 F150 300 cu in six banger
FAX 1-310-822-6815


------------------------------

Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 17:04:49 -0400
From: flagship <Flagship worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Repair of roof

I haven't tried it personally but you may give this a try.  Buy some dry
ice and crush it.  Place it in the depression.  As the metal cools, it
should shrink and "tighten" the metal in that area.  Let us know if it
works, assuming someone else doesn't have a better idea.

Emil
Savannah, Ga



chuck sanborn wrote:
>
> How the heck does a person go about removing a large dent in the roof of the
> truck?  My 83 F150 has a few dents in the roof but if I pull them out, they
> just
> go right back, like the metal has a memory or something.
> They are deep enough that I sure don't want to fill with a filler, but I
> can't seem
> to reduce the size of them!
> Thanks,
> Chuck
> Chuck Sanborn
> Torrance, CA
> 86 F150 300 cu in six banger
> FAX 1-310-822-6815
>
> =============================================================
> To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
> Please remove this footer when replying.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 14:11:58 -0700
From: chuck sanborn <slammer deltanet.com>
Subject: Re: Repair of roof

Hey Emil,
Thanks for the tip :-)
I will give it a try..if only I can find an ice house around here...
Chuck
At 05:04 PM 9/15/00 -0400, you wrote:
>I haven't tried it personally but you may give this a try.  Buy some dry
>ice and crush it.  Place it in the depression.  As the metal cools, it
>should shrink and "tighten" the metal in that area.  Let us know if it
>works, assuming someone else doesn't have a better idea.


------------------------------

Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 17:15:42 -0400
From: flagship <Flagship worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Repair of roof

Call around.  Some large grocery stores carry it.  I've seen it
ocassionally at wally world..


Emil
Savannah, Ga



chuck sanborn wrote:
>
> Hey Emil,
> Thanks for the tip :-)
> I will give it a try..if only I can find an ice house around here...
> Chuck
> At 05:04 PM 9/15/00 -0400, you wrote:
> >I haven't tried it personally but you may give this a try.  Buy some dry
> >ice and crush it.  Place it in the depression.  As the metal cools, it
> >should shrink and "tighten" the metal in that area.  Let us know if it
> >works, assuming someone else doesn't have a better idea.
>
> =============================================================
> To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
> Please remove this footer when replying.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 17:35:27 -0700
From: Chris McKinnon <chrism cnx.net>
Subject: Steering Damper

I'm thinking about puting a steering damper on the ol' truck. I'm wonder how
one goes about this and what one mounts the damper to.
Chris

'84 F150
351W on propane
NP435, NP 208, 9.0 3.50, ...
295K km


------------------------------

Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 20:13:36 -0500
From: "a b" <pedalfox bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Steering Damper

Center link and the frame. Usually come with brackets and such.
bg

Chris McKinnon wrote:

> I'm thinking about puting a steering damper on the ol' truck. I'm wonder how
> one goes about this and what one mounts the damper to.
> Chris
>
> '84 F150
> 351W on propane
> NP435, NP 208, 9.0 3.50, ...
> 295K km
>
> =============================================================
> To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
> Please remove this footer when replying.


------------------------------

From: "droptopgt" <droptopgt email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Speaking of nasty A/C..
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 21:09:12 -0500

Hey Tim, there is a product called "cleanair" made by enviromotive products.
removes pollen, mildew and rank smells out of A/C systems. You spray it into
the A/C vent with the system set at full blast and run it for about 10 min.
It works really good and leaves no nasty or medical smell afterwards.

Craig

94 F-150
95 Aerostar

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Clevenger" <tclevenger hotmail.com>
To: <80-96-list ford-trucks.com>
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2000 11:33 AM
Subject: [80-96-list] Speaking of nasty A/C..


> Hi all,
>
> Is there something I can do to keep that mildew smell from forming in my
> A/C?  My '86 Ranger, '99 Metro and '85 Accord all had/have the same
problem.
>   (The Metro took less than 6 months from new.)  Is there something I can
do
> to clean up the smell and prevent it in the future?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Tim
>
>
> ---------------
> >From: Joan and Walt Posluszny <redstone home.com>
> >Reply-To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
> >To: <80-96-list ford-trucks.com>
> >Subject: [80-96-list] Re: Evaporator Core
> >Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 23:09:15 -0700
> >
> >My 1985 (bought in 84) has the original evaporator.  You've got something
> >going on.  When's the last time it was completely evacuated and the dryer
> >changed?
> >
> >Walt
> > >
> > > From: Jgearhead aol.com
> > > Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 23:56:11 EDT
> > > Subject: Evaporator Core
> > >
> > > I have a 84 F250 and am on my fourth Evaporator core. Has anyone else
> >had
> > > this problem and what can I do to keep from replacing one every couple
> >of
> > > years?
> > >
> > > ------------------------------
> >
> >=============================================================
> >To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
> >Please remove this footer when replying.
> >
>
> _________________________________________________________________________
> Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.hotmail.com.
>
> Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at
> http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://profiles.msn.com.
>
> =============================================================
> To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
> Please remove this footer when replying.
>



------------------------------

From: Brazzadog aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 00:17:10 EDT
Subject: '88 Bronco 351W questions

This is my first Windsor and my first EFI - to speak of.  I've been reading a
book on Ford fuel injection and studying the factory service manual.  Is
there no knock sensor on this motor or are the wiring diagrams faulty?  The
factory service manuals seem to consider the 5.8L engine an afterthought.  Am
I supposed to assume that all 5.0 info is good for the 5.8, did they just
leave out the 5.8, or was the '88 5.8 an early release of the '89 and I need
'89 manuals?  I'm adrift at sea...

Ben Williams
'71 Wagoneer
'78 F-250 4x4
'88 Bronco

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 21:45:22 -0700
From: Bob Kennedy <bobkennedy uswest.net>
Subject: Re: '88 Bronco 351W questions

Take a deep breath...let it out.
5.8L engines along then did not have knock sensors, on the 5.0s. I am not even
sure that 5.8s ever came with one.  I don't think there would be enough changes
between 88-89 to cause any alarm.

Bob

Brazzadog aol.com wrote:

> This is my first Windsor and my first EFI - to speak of.  I've been reading a
> book on Ford fuel injection and studying the factory service manual.  Is
> there no knock sensor on this motor or are the wiring diagrams faulty?  The
> factory service manuals seem to consider the 5.8L engine an afterthought.  Am
> I supposed to assume that all 5.0 info is good for the 5.8, did they just
> leave out the 5.8, or was the '88 5.8 an early release of the '89 and I need
> '89 manuals?  I'm adrift at sea...
>
> Ben Williams
> '71 Wagoneer
> '78 F-250 4x4
> '88 Bronco
> =============================================================
> To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
> Please remove this footer when replying.

--
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.superford.org/cgi-bin/sf.cgi?uid=default&vr2=1&ID=311
86XLT/5.0/AOD/8.8/D44 4.56 Detroit/EZ, 36x12.50x16.5, 6"/0"



------------------------------

From: Metalcaster4jc aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 20:16:04 EDT
Subject: Re: Advice Needed....Paint application

A coworker restored a 79 bronco few years back, rather than try to match the ....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.