Please do not repost, forward or otherwise publish messages
contained in these archives without consent from the respective
author(s). These archives may not, in whole or part, be stored on
any public retrieval system (FTP, web, gopher, newsgroup, etc.) by
individuals or companies, without consent of the respective authors.

Received: with LISTAR (v0.128a; list 80-96-list); Thu, 16 Mar 2000 17:15:59 -0500 (EST)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 17:15:59 -0500 (EST)
From: Ford Truck Enthusiasts List Server ford-trucks.com>
To: 80-96-list digest users ford-trucks.com>
Reply-to: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: 80-96-list Digest V2000 #36
Precedence: bulk

==========================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts 80-96 Truck Mailing List

Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com

To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
the words "unsubscribe 80-96-list" in the subject of the
message.
==========================================================

------------------------------------
80-96-list Digest Wed, 15 Mar 2000 Volume: 2000 Issue: 036

In This Issue:
Re: Gas prices, domestic
Re: Gas prices, domestic
Re: Gas prices, domestic
Re: 93 f-150
Ooopps Sorry Chuck
reading/pulling codes
Re: Gas prices, domestic
Re: reading/pulling codes
1990 F150 Fuel Pump
Re: Gas prices, domestic
Re: 1990 F150 Fuel Pump
Exhaust Manifold Replacement
power door locks
Re: power door locks
Re: Gas prices, domestic
R-134a conversions
Gas prices??
Re: power door locks
[80-96-list]update on project engine swap
Re: Gas prices, domestic
Re: R-134a conversions
Re: R-134a conversions
Favorite shops/stores?
Re: 93 f-150
300 distributor
Re: 300 distributor
300 I6 HP Rating?
Re: Exhaust Manifold Replacement
TFI and Timing Curves
Re: Changing Diff. Lube
computer on 91 ford truck
Re: Gas prices, domestic
Re: computer on 91 ford truck
Re: computer on 91 ford truck
Lubricants
Octane and compression
Re: power door locks

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Hal Hammond lgc.com>
Subject: Re: Gas prices, domestic
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 14:33:30 -0600

Not only do they charge fair market value for domestic oil but they are
pretty much required to do so by law and/or contract.

Oil companies seldom own the land above the deposits. The surface owners
lease the oil rights and receive a royalty percentage of the oil produced.

The customary amount for private owners is 1/8th and the state and federal
government usually gets 1/6th. This amount is based on the fair market value
of the oil. They simply don't have the option of charging less. Remember
too, that just a year ago many of these guys were going out of business. A
year from now who knows.

As for boosting production, believe me they are trying very hard. Oil
companies have always wanted to produce as much as they can as fast as they
can. Unfortunately, a price hit can cause production losses very quickly but
it's much harder to get it back again; especially if wells were plugged and
abandoned as they were a few years ago.

The OPEC nations also know that if they "allow" prices to remain too high
very long they lose market share to new sources of non-OPEC controlled oil
and alternative energies. Their challenge is to negotiate a soft landing in
the price without causing another price crash.

Hal

PS: I should add that I don't work for an oil company but I do work for a
company that sells software technology for energy exploration and production
so I'm familiar with the industry. It's a point of pride to us that even
though our domestic oil production is being eclipsed by our consumption and
production around the world, the US is still the world leader in oil
technology. In case you wondered what happened to the so-called oil crisis,
it was whipped by amazing advances in exploration, drilling and production
technology. The oil is out there; just give us a steady price and tell us
how much you need. Oh yeah, and keep Al Gore and his friends off our backs.



**************************
It just dawned on me that the Sinclair station I fill up at gets its
product
from the refinery in Sinclair, Wyoming - on the rim of the Great Divide
Basin
where the oil fields and big coal deposits are. What do the OPEC nations
have to do with the price on the pump here (Colorado)? Supply and demand?
Or, are the American producers (and there are many) just going along with
the flow and gouging the consumers? They could be boosting their production

and put pressure the Arabs (and Mexico).
Seems to me Americans could help Americans, and if the OPEC nations see
their income drop they will quickly boost production to make up for the
loss.

Alex
==========================================================
To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
the words "unsubscribe 80-96-list" in the subject of the
message.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 12:51:52 -0800
From: Chuck Sanborn deltanet.com>
Subject: Re: Gas prices, domestic

At 02:33 PM 3/15/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Oh yeah, and keep Al Gore and his friends off our backs.



Amen brother....


------------------------------

Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 12:52:26 -0800
From: Chuck Sanborn deltanet.com>
Subject: Re: Gas prices, domestic

At 02:33 PM 3/15/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Oh yeah, and keep Al Gore and his friends off our backs.

Amen brother....


------------------------------

Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 14:14:58 -0800
From: Don or Bub home.com>
Subject: Re: 93 f-150

i think that it is the metal plate ends on the belts hitting the main
bolt that attatches to the floor. but i do not really know. what i do
know is that it isnt a wiring harness or anything like that. and it isnt
the bed hitting the cab. so what else could it be????????

bub

Tim and Pam Allgire wrote:
>
> Is it the male part of the seat belt swinging back & forth and hitting the
> inside of the cab?
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Don or Bub home.com>
> To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com <80-96-list ford-trucks.com>
> Date: Tuesday, March 14, 2000 5:44 PM
> Subject: [80-96-list] 93 f-150
>
> >i have a clanking sound comming from the inside of my cab. i think that
> >it might be the seat belt bolts. has any one else had this same problem
> >with what i think may be the belts???????
> >
> >and annoyed man
> >bub
> >==========================================================
> >To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> >the words "unsubscribe 80-96-list" in the subject of the
> >message.
> >
>
> ==========================================================
> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> the words "unsubscribe 80-96-list" in the subject of the
> message.

------------------------------

From: Fred Moreno dualcurve.com>
Subject: Ooopps Sorry Chuck
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 15:50:39 -0700

Sorry Chuck,

But I goofed, I asked if your SPOUT wires were pink this is wrong, they
should be Yellow/Lt. Green in a pull-apart connector as per the "Mitchell
On-Demand" at least. Hope this did not send you on a wild goose chase.

Phred


------------------------------

From: kb9odg.mark juno.com
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 17:08:58 -0600
Subject: reading/pulling codes

Can anyone tell me how to run codes on a '87 F-150 with the 300 six?

- Mark Reimers KB9ODG
'66 Bronco 170 I-6, 3-speed, 3.5" suspension lift, 3" body lift, 35"
tires ...
'87 F-150 XLT 4x2 300 I-6, 4-speed, staduim truck sounding, boring no
more

At 07:53 AM 3/14/00 -0500, you wrote:

>What year is your truck, and what motor size?

Hey Wayne,
It's an 86 F150 with the 4.9 so probably not as bad as your 5.0.
And no, I have not run any codes on it yet as I have no idea how
to do that. This truck is a lot newer than the cars I am used to
working on.
Thanks for getting back,
Chuck


________________________________________________________________





------------------------------

Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 15:15:59 -0800
From: Larry pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Gas prices, domestic

Chuck Sanborn wrote:

> At 02:01 PM 3/15/00 -0500, you wrote:
> >. It's
> >the most natural form of economics on the planet since the beginning of
> >time.
>
> AND, it's the only form of economics that has worked for the benefit of
> the PEOPLE!
> Chuck Sanborn
> Torrance, CA
> 1964 Falcon Sprint
> 1986 F150 six banger (Hers)
>

Interestingly enough, I'm told that California gets virtually no oil from
OPEC either. Most comes from the Santa Barabara Channel. Even more
interesting is that gas prices in the San Francisco Bay area are the highest
in the country... by as much as 30 cents a gallon. It makes folks around
here "a bit curious" as to what's going on with that? Oh! Yeah, now I
remember... shortages because of refinery problems... yeah, that's it...
that's the ticket...

-=Larry=-

'98 Prelude
'91 F-150, 351w



------------------------------

Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 15:28:29 -0800
From: Bob Kennedy uswest.net>
Subject: Re: reading/pulling codes

Go here, extremely helpful.

Bob


http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://dalidesign.com/hbook/eectest.html

kb9odg.mark juno.com wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to run codes on a '87 F-150 with the 300 six?
>
> - Mark Reimers KB9ODG
> '66 Bronco 170 I-6, 3-speed, 3.5" suspension lift, 3" body lift, 35"
> tires ...
> '87 F-150 XLT 4x2 300 I-6, 4-speed, staduim truck sounding, boring no
> more
>
> At 07:53 AM 3/14/00 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >What year is your truck, and what motor size?
>
> Hey Wayne,
> It's an 86 F150 with the 4.9 so probably not as bad as your 5.0.
> And no, I have not run any codes on it yet as I have no idea how
> to do that. This truck is a lot newer than the cars I am used to
> working on.
> Thanks for getting back,
> Chuck

--
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.superford.org/cgi-bin/sf.cgi?uid=default&vr2=1&ID=311
86XLT/5.0/AOD/8.8/D44 4.56 Detroit/EZ, 36x12.50x16.5, 6"/0"



------------------------------

Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 16:30:25 -0800
From: George Ahearn home.com>
Subject: 1990 F150 Fuel Pump

My fuel filter clogged on a trip. The repair shop replaced it and
suggested the electric (in tank) fuel pump should be replaced because it
might be ruined by the clogged filter. The engine seems to run fine with
a new filter.
My question is: Are there tests or symptoms I can detect to verify the
pump needs to be replaced? I don't want to spend the money if the pump
is OK.

Note: The reply address is changed to avoid spam.

--
George Ahearn
Los Gatos CA



------------------------------

From: "Steve Schmeckpeper" home.com>
Subject: Re: Gas prices, domestic
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 18:23:54 -0600

Hal..... Thanks for weighing in! Sounds like you got inside info. We shut
down a bunch of wells down here in La and Tx, and our economy suffered big
time as a result. I, for one, would like to see those wells uncapped.
"LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULET"

Smeck,
Busted Flat in Baton Rouge

----- Original Message -----
From: Hal Hammond lgc.com>

> The OPEC nations also know that if they "allow" prices to remain too high
> very long they lose market share to new sources of non-OPEC controlled oil
> and alternative energies. Their challenge is to negotiate a soft landing
in
> the price without causing another price crash.
>
> Hal
>
> PS:
> the US is still the world leader in oil
> technology. In case you wondered what happened to the so-called oil
crisis,
> it was whipped by amazing advances in exploration, drilling and production
> technology. The oil is out there; just give us a steady price and tell us
> how much you need. Oh yeah, and keep Al Gore and his friends off our
backs.



------------------------------

From: "Tony & Chris Phaneuf" home.com>
Subject: Re: 1990 F150 Fuel Pump
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 16:57:49 -0800

yes you can have the fuel line pressure checked to tell if it is in specs.
I took mine to a shop and they checked and the whole engine dianogstics for
around $ 30.00 I had to replace mine and it cost me $250.00 just for the
pump alone.
the labor would have been outrageous but think I did it myself in a
weekend. It was not fun as you have to drop
the whole tank to replace the pump which is in the tank.
Have fun
Tony p.
-----Original Message-----
From: George Ahearn home.com>
To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com <80-96-list ford-trucks.com>
Date: Wednesday, March 15, 2000 4:31 PM
Subject: [80-96-list] 1990 F150 Fuel Pump


>My fuel filter clogged on a trip. The repair shop replaced it and
>suggested the electric (in tank) fuel pump should be replaced because it
>might be ruined by the clogged filter. The engine seems to run fine with
>a new filter.
>My question is: Are there tests or symptoms I can detect to verify the
>pump needs to be replaced? I don't want to spend the money if the pump
>is OK.
>
>Note: The reply address is changed to avoid spam.
>
>--
>George Ahearn
>Los Gatos CA
>
>
>==========================================================
>To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
>the words "unsubscribe 80-96-list" in the subject of the
>message.
>


------------------------------

From: "Shawn & Jennifer Clark" tyler.net>
Subject: Exhaust Manifold Replacement
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 20:19:36 -0600

FYI, for those of you with similar problems, and those of you who enjoy
solving minor mysteries.

Had my exhaust system rebuilt today. This including replacing the broken
passenger side exhaust manifold on this '91 302. Now that I have the old
one off and in hand, I'm surprised by what I see. There is a coating of
what appears to be darkened molten material from the runners from the rear
two cylinders back (but not the front two). I have not yet characterized
the material, stabbing it with a screwdriver accomplishes little--it is
pretty hard stuff, not carbon like? Has a crystalline appearance although
sooty black with some brick red and has a rough, flow-sculpted appearance
like weld splatter. My training is not metallurgical but it looks like the
metal got too hot. Besides the complete failure across the manifold just
before the rear most runner, there are cracks in every other exhaust runner
(on this side) and several other locations as well. Any guesses as to what
I'm looking at?

The previous owner maintained it better than most, although he may have
waited a bit long for a *full* tune up. I know he towed his tractor some
with it so I'm sure the engine had been worked hard. I've had the truck
for about 25,000 miles and found the manifold problem within a week of
buying it. Engine is strong compared to all the others I have driven, oil
usage is typical for domestic vehicle (1 qt every 3,000 miles). Get 13.3
mpg, city or highway, auto w/supercab.

I'm leaning towards overheating due to crossfiring, etc in the rear two
cylinders. I have seen this sort of problem in other F-150's and recently
developed severe problems before taking exhaustive measures to change to
NGK plugs and to carefully separate plug wires. Seems like the
stereotypical Ford ignition problems could result in some pretty hot gas in
the discharge of these two cylinders. Towing would exacerbate the problem

At this time, I can't rule out head gasket problems leading to a loss of
coolant that might have formed crystalline deposits on the exhaust manifold
and/or resulted in overheating. I have had some problems with slow loss of
coolant in the past, but suspect rotting hoses were the culprit (one hard
to reach hose finally developed a misting leak before I found it.)

Anyway, I figure someone out there has seen just this sort of thing in the
past and knows exactly what sort of problem I'm looking at.

Shawn Clark
e-mail: sd&jkclark tyler.net


------------------------------

From: "Ken Murphy" speedfactory.net>
Subject: power door locks
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 21:58:22 -0500


trying to replace pdl solenoid in 90 f250. how is the solenoid bracket attached to the door??
screw? rivet? pop-on?

i can just reach the old on to pull it out, but don't know how it attaches/detaches
thanks
ken murphy


------------------------------

From: LGRanch aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 22:31:12 EST
Subject: Re: power door locks

Just pulls off. but it is tight

------------------------------

From: "Jim Flinchbaugh" onyx.digisys.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 20:25:10 -0700
Subject: Re: Gas prices, domestic



From: FULSZBRONC aol.com
Date sent: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 13:47:42 EST
Subject: [80-96-list] Gas prices, domestic
To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
Send reply to: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com

> It just dawned on me that the Sinclair station I fill up at gets its
> product
> from the refinery in Sinclair, Wyoming - on the rim of the Great Divide
> Basin
> where the oil fields and big coal deposits are. What do the OPEC nations
> have to do with the price on the pump here (Colorado)?

What this has to do with the price in CO is Al Bore and the
Commander in heat have shut the lid on our own crude oil supplies
thru the EPA and similar devices. This countryis sitting on so
much oil you wouldnt believe, we just are not allowed to get to it
thanks to these teo boobs. I'll bet money the oil your sinclair place
is refining aint from the U.S.

They got us buy the Nards and they know it!
Jim 87 F150 Formerly EFI now runs perfect 4X4

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 22:40:17 -0500
From: "Theodore D. Mills" martnet.com>
Subject: R-134a conversions

The summer season is right around the corner and My 91 F-250 needs a little
shot of freon in the A/C.

Since it still has R-12 in it and that stuff is getting harder to get (and
mucho expensive) I was wondering if any body here has done a R-134a
conversion?

I also have the 84 Mustang to convert and the in-laws' 90 Towncar too....

The Ranger has no A/C at all, so unless gas get over $2 a gallon, I'm
driving the big truck this summer.....


Ted

N3KWQ
Aston, Pa

84 Mustang GT (in pieces)
85 Ranger XL 2WD 2.8L
91 F-250 XLT Lariat SC 4X4x460
94 Taurus LX wagon 3.8L

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 22:36:11 -0500
From: "Theodore D. Mills" martnet.com>
Subject: Gas prices??

I'm going to the NASCAR rrace at Bristol Tn weekend after next and this
will be the first big road trip for the F-250 since I bought her.

Anybody on the list in Virginia along I-81 that can tell me what gas prices
are running??

Reg unleaded is running around $1.49 - 1.50 in Phila suburbs.

I have been getting about 9 MPG back & forth to work with the 460, and
short trips to Lewes De and Lancaster Pa have netted 12 MPG. I'm
interested to see what she'll do on a nice long highway run.....

The wife wants me to get the Ranger inspected so I can drive it to work,
but that usually only gets 14 MPG on the commute. About an extra half a
tank a week....

Besides, who wants to give up 2 holes and over 4 and half liters
displacement in the name of economy????

What fun is that? ;)


Ted

N3KWQ
Aston, Pa

84 Mustang GT (in pieces)
85 Ranger XL 2WD 2.8L
91 F-250 XLT Lariat SC 4X4x460
94 Taurus LX wagon 3.8L

------------------------------

From: "Ken Murphy" speedfactory.net>
Subject: Re: power door locks
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 22:57:08 -0500

thanks. so how do i get leverage to push the new one on with my
outstretched fingertips?
thanks
ken
----- Original Message -----
From: aol.com>
To: <80-96-list ford-trucks.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2000 10:31 PM
Subject: [80-96-list] Re: power door locks


> Just pulls off. but it is tight
> ==========================================================
> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> the words "unsubscribe 80-96-list" in the subject of the
> message.
>
>


------------------------------

From: Lingus0169 aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 22:53:56 EST
Subject: [80-96-list]update on project engine swap

well, to update everyone quickly, i bought a 82 351w out of a bronco and
swapped it with a cracked head and more 85 300 i6 from my f150. i hooked p
everything, having to buy a new bellhousing,motor mounts, 11" clutch,pressure
plate. i removed all of the electronic sh*t and put a old mechanical
distributer in and i charged the dead battery and it started right up when
the fuel got to the carb of course, all i need now is an inspection and some
exhuast and i will be ready to roll, thankx to everyone that helped me
thoughout my project, u were a great help thankx again
nick
82 351w swapped in
85 f150 xl 4x4
4 speed

------------------------------

From: Hal Hammond lgc.com>
Subject: Re: Gas prices, domestic
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 22:13:30 -0600

Yeah, but as soon as they start rolling again
we'll get hit with another windfall profits
tax! That kind of takes the bon temps out of
it.

Hal

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Schmeckpeper [mailto:stv99 home.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2000 5:24 PM
To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: [80-96-list] Re: Gas prices, domestic


Hal..... Thanks for weighing in! Sounds like you got inside info. We shut
down a bunch of wells down here in La and Tx, and our economy suffered big
time as a result. I, for one, would like to see those wells uncapped.
"LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULET"

Smeck,
Busted Flat in Baton Rouge

----- Original Message -----
From: Hal Hammond lgc.com>

> The OPEC nations also know that if they "allow" prices to remain too high
> very long they lose market share to new sources of non-OPEC controlled oil
> and alternative energies. Their challenge is to negotiate a soft landing
in
> the price without causing another price crash.
>
> Hal
>
> PS:
> the US is still the world leader in oil
> technology. In case you wondered what happened to the so-called oil
crisis,
> it was whipped by amazing advances in exploration, drilling and production
> technology. The oil is out there; just give us a steady price and tell us
> how much you need. Oh yeah, and keep Al Gore and his friends off our
backs.


==========================================================
To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
the words "unsubscribe 80-96-list" in the subject of the
message.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 23:26:52 -0500
From: Martin Horne optonline.net>
Subject: Re: R-134a conversions

At 10:40 PM 3/15/00 -0500, you wrote:
>The summer season is right around the corner and My 91 F-250 needs a little
>shot of freon in the A/C.

Easy ....

I bought the conversion kit from AutoBarn and a "leak sealer" and 3 or 4
cans of 134 (I forget exactly). Had a shop pull the R12 and leave a vacuum
on to dry it out for about 15 minutes. Closed the valves, got it home,
installed the conversion fittings and followed the intructions to fill with
Ester Oil and R134a. Easy as pie, Richard's your Father's Brother etc. and
cold air here we come.

I added a "sealant/leak detector" for good measure and the system has held
up ever since (2 yrs and no refills needed). I have a Bronco and it chills
down nicely, so with the cab you should enjoy even better cooling. Many
people seem to feel that 134 isn't as good as 12, but I can't tell the
difference. Apparently it is important to dry the system and remove as much
of the old oil as possible - it doesn't mix with the new stuff and just
reduces the volume of freon in the system.

The whole job cost me way less than just getting the system topped off did
in my wifes J**p.

Good luck, and when all else fails, read the instructions.


Martin Horne
'86 Bronco
Long Island, NY

------------------------------

From: "Dennis Thompson" bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: R-134a conversions
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 22:38:19 -0600


----- Original Message -----
From: Martin Horne optonline.net>
To: <80-96-list ford-trucks.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2000 10:26 PM
Subject: [80-96-list] Re: R-134a conversions

J.C. Whitney has a kit for $50 with all you need.

SPECTRE


> At 10:40 PM 3/15/00 -0500, you wrote:
> >The summer season is right around the corner and My 91 F-250 needs a
little
> >shot of freon in the A/C.
>
> Easy ....
>
> I bought the conversion kit from AutoBarn and a "leak sealer" and 3 or 4
> cans of 134 (I forget exactly). Had a shop pull the R12 and leave a vacuum
> on to dry it out for about 15 minutes. Closed the valves, got it home,
> installed the conversion fittings and followed the intructions to fill
with
> Ester Oil and R134a. Easy as pie, Richard's your Father's Brother etc. and
> cold air here we come.



------------------------------

From: "Harris, Scott" dfwairport.com>
Subject: Favorite shops/stores?
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 22:41:23 -0600

For those of you that live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, what are your
favorite truck accessory/perfomance store in the area?

Scott Harris
'96 F250 SC 5.8 EFI
'85 F150 SC 5.0 EFI

------------------------------

From: "Tim and Pam Allgire" williams-net.com>
Subject: Re: 93 f-150
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 00:26:38 -0500

You don't have something under the seat that is clanking do you? I had this
happen to me just the other day.I had a 4-way lug wrench under my passenger
seat & everytime that I would hit the slightest bump it would clank against
the floor.
-----Original Message-----
From: Don or Bub home.com>
To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com <80-96-list ford-trucks.com>
Date: Wednesday, March 15, 2000 5:20 PM
Subject: [80-96-list] Re: 93 f-150


>i think that it is the metal plate ends on the belts hitting the main
>bolt that attatches to the floor. but i do not really know. what i do
>know is that it isnt a wiring harness or anything like that. and it isnt
>the bed hitting the cab. so what else could it be????????
>
>bub
>
>Tim and Pam Allgire wrote:
>>
>> Is it the male part of the seat belt swinging back & forth and hitting
the
>> inside of the cab?
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Don or Bub home.com>
>> To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com <80-96-list ford-trucks.com>
>> Date: Tuesday, March 14, 2000 5:44 PM
>> Subject: [80-96-list] 93 f-150
>>
>> >i have a clanking sound comming from the inside of my cab. i think that
>> >it might be the seat belt bolts. has any one else had this same problem
>> >with what i think may be the belts???????
>> >
>> >and annoyed man
>> >bub
>> >==========================================================
>> >To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
>> >the words "unsubscribe 80-96-list" in the subject of the
>> >message.
>> >
>>
>> ==========================================================
>> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
>> the words "unsubscribe 80-96-list" in the subject of the
>> message.
>==========================================================
>To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
>the words "unsubscribe 80-96-list" in the subject of the
>message.
>


------------------------------

Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 21:22:07 -0800 (PST)
From: Zachary Colvin yahoo.com>
Subject: 300 distributor

I was wondering if any companies make performance
distributors for the 300 I-6. I plan on buying an MSD
6 ignition later on, but I would also like to put a
distributor in if there is one available.
Thanks

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://im.yahoo.com

------------------------------

From: "Gill, Timothy M." usfk.korea.army.mil>
Subject: Re: 300 distributor
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 14:20:47 +0900

contact http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.cliffordperformance.com/

> ----------
> From: Zachary Colvin[SMTP:t1tpu11er yahoo.com]
> Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2000 2:22 PM
> To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
> Subject: [80-96-list] 300 distributor
>
> I was wondering if any companies make performance
> distributors for the 300 I-6. I plan on buying an MSD
> 6 ignition later on, but I would also like to put a
> distributor in if there is one available.
> Thanks
>
> __________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.
> http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://im.yahoo.com
> ==========================================================
> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> the words "unsubscribe 80-96-list" in the subject of the
> message.
>

------------------------------

From: "Kevin Tansey" achs.org>
Subject: 300 I6 HP Rating?
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 21:40:31 -0800

Anyone out there got HP/Torgue #'s on this puppy?
also, what ratio is the '12' code axle?

all the info I want concerns my `95 F150 regcab/sb with a 5-speed


------------------------------

From: "Steve Schmeckpeper" home.com>
Subject: Re: Exhaust Manifold Replacement
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 06:44:25 -0600

Shawn, Is your Cowl-Hood Gasket leaking? This puppy's gotta make a good seal
or it'll dump water directly on the exhaust manifolds. If the previous owner
was towin' his tractor in the rain.......................

Smeck'
87 F150EFI 302 new cowl-hood gasket

From: Shawn & Jennifer Clark tyler.net>

> FYI, for those of you with similar problems, and those of you who enjoy
> solving minor mysteries.
>
> Had my exhaust system rebuilt today. This including replacing the broken
> passenger side exhaust manifold on this '91 302. Now that I have the old
> one off and in hand, I'm surprised by what I see. There is a coating of
> what appears to be darkened molten material from the runners from the rear
> two cylinders back (but not the front two). I have not yet characterized
> the material, stabbing it with a screwdriver accomplishes little--it is
> pretty hard stuff, not carbon like? Has a crystalline appearance although
> sooty black with some brick red and has a rough, flow-sculpted appearance
> like weld splatter. My training is not metallurgical but it looks like
the
> metal got too hot. Besides the complete failure across the manifold just
> before the rear most runner, there are cracks in every other exhaust
runner
> (on this side) and several other locations as well. Any guesses as to
what
> I'm looking at?
>
> The previous owner maintained it better than most, although he may have
> waited a bit long for a *full* tune up. I know he towed his tractor some
> with it so I'm sure the engine had been worked hard.


------------------------------

From: "D. Grim" netwurx.net>
Subject: TFI and Timing Curves
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 07:20:20 -0600


Ford Fans,

I am just now exploring this TFI module and all it controls. I have found some reference to timing curves and fuel metering rate, but not much.

Question: Assuming there is physical interchangeability, is there a reference any place to the internal mappings of this module or is there a way to tweak the input signals to modify the output? Could you use one from a Mustang 5.0 on your six in a row? Older year to newer or vice versa.

I clearly remember re-curving distributors with springs and weights there must be a way to do it with volts and ohms.

Comments please

Dennis Grim


------------------------------

From: "DannyF" ev1.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 08:37:51 -0600
Subject: Re: Changing Diff. Lube

> Friends, I have a 2200 mile trip coming late next week, and I'm thinking
> this
> would be a dandy time to get the old gear lube out of the front and rear
> axles
> on my 1993 F-150 4x4 and replace it with synthetic lube. The old lube
> probably has never been changed, and I might gain 1 or 2 mpg with the
> synthetic lube.
>
> My immediate question is how I get the old lube out. The rear axle
> appears to
> have a bolt down at the center bottom which might serve as a drain
> point..but
> I'm not sure pulling the bolt would work. Anyone been there and done
> that?
> I'm hoping I wouldn't have to pop off the rear plate covering the gears -
> that's
> more than I have time to mess with before departure.
>
> The front axle doesn't have any obvious drain point. Would I need to get
> the
> axle warmed up and use the filler plug hole to suck the old lube out with
> a
> grease gun?
>
> I'd welcome comments from those who've done this exercise on the early
> 90's
> F-150 x4x series. Thanks!

Does the "bolt" have a 1/2" square recess in it? Thats the drain
plug. Warm up, drain then use suction pump($5-7 at most auto
parts) to suction lube from new container into diff fill hole(another
1/2" square recess plug on side of carrier, pumpkin, 3rd member,
whatever you like to call it).

Use the suction pump to extract old lube from fill plug on diffs w/o
drain plug.
Danny
fitz011 ev1.net

------------------------------

From: "hogan" carrollsweb.com>
Subject: computer on 91 ford truck
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 80 05:16:55 PST

have a1991 Ford Truck F-150 4x4 Larit extended cab pick up. I am having trouble getting power to the in tank fuef pump on both tanks.I am wondering if the part of the computer that controls the power to the pump might not be functioning . The manual I have shows a 60 pin out connection on the computer. My computer only has a 14 pin out . Can any body tell me where I can find a wire color chart for a14 pin out. Many thanks for any help any body can give.


------------------------------

Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 07:17:46 -0800
From: Chuck Sanborn deltanet.com>
Subject: Re: Gas prices, domestic

At 03:15 PM 3/15/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Oh! Yeah, now I
>remember... shortages because of refinery problems... yeah, that's it...
>that's the ticket...
heheheh...yep, that's it all right


------------------------------

From: bennettr hiwaay.net
Subject: Re: computer on 91 ford truck
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 09:44:43 -0600

Not sure on the 1991 but the older model trucks have a fuel pump safety
switch located under the dash on the drivers side just above the brake
peddle that shuts off power to the pumps in an accident. It has a reset
button on the top of it and they are known to occasionally trip for no
apparent reason.

-----Original Message-----
From: 80-96-list-bounce ford-trucks.com
[mailto:80-96-list-bounce ford-trucks.com]On Behalf Of hogan
Sent: Friday, January 04, 1980 7:17 AM
To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: [80-96-list] computer on 91 ford truck


have a1991 Ford Truck F-150 4x4 Larit extended cab pick up. I am having
trouble getting power to the in tank fuef pump on both tanks.I am wondering
if the part of the computer that controls the power to the pump might not
be functioning . The manual I have shows a 60 pin out connection on the
computer. My computer only has a 14 pin out . Can any body tell me where I
can find a wire color chart for a14 pin out. Many thanks for any help any
body can give.


------------------------------

From: "Tim and Pam Allgire" williams-net.com>
Subject: Re: computer on 91 ford truck
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 12:07:19 -0500

On my '94 F-150 the fuel reset button is behind the kick panel on the
passenger side,just below the dash.Not sure where it is on a '91.
-----Original Message-----
From: bennettr hiwaay.net hiwaay.net>
To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com <80-96-list ford-trucks.com>
Date: Thursday, March 16, 2000 10:56 AM
Subject: [80-96-list] Re: computer on 91 ford truck


>Not sure on the 1991 but the older model trucks have a fuel pump safety
>switch located under the dash on the drivers side just above the brake
>peddle that shuts off power to the pumps in an accident. It has a reset
>button on the top of it and they are known to occasionally trip for no
>apparent reason.
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: 80-96-list-bounce ford-trucks.com
>[mailto:80-96-list-bounce ford-trucks.com]On Behalf Of hogan
>Sent: Friday, January 04, 1980 7:17 AM
>To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
>Subject: [80-96-list] computer on 91 ford truck
>
>
> have a1991 Ford Truck F-150 4x4 Larit extended cab pick up. I am having
>trouble getting power to the in tank fuef pump on both tanks.I am wondering
>if the part of the computer that controls the power to the pump might not
>be functioning . The manual I have shows a 60 pin out connection on the
>computer. My computer only has a 14 pin out . Can any body tell me where I
>can find a wire color chart for a14 pin out. Many thanks for any help any
>body can give.
>
>==========================================================
>To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
>the words "unsubscribe 80-96-list" in the subject of the
>message.
>


------------------------------

From: "Latham, Wayne M" mcdermott.com>
Subject: Lubricants
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 11:55:00 -0600

Couple questions about lubricants to the list. I've got a '88 F150 4WD w/
I-6.
Different manuals give differing specs for manual transmission fluid,
differentials and transfer case. What do you folks use? And what do you
use in
your engines? Are you all synthetic?
Wayne in VA

------------------------------

From: FULSZBRONC aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 12:43:38 EST
Subject: Octane and compression

I've been reading about drivability problems - especially with Ford 302's
and the newer modular engines - and the fix often being to remove the lower
intake manifold and de-carbon it along with the EGR passages. I've always
wondered what sort of driving conditions were causing this. Has anybody on
this list had to clean their engine? What octane are you buying? Do you sit
in heavy traffic regularly? I don't think the guys who burn BBQ gas have any
problems, and the distances and speeds I drive make carbon deposits only a
myth in my engines (I've looked inside with a bore-scope).

I drive an '84 van with the 351W and my Bronco is also a 351HO. I looked
up the compression ratio just to be sure: it's 8.3:1 and the service manual
and the little glove box book says that the minimum octane requirement for
this engine is 87. Sounds reasonable. I don't have any pinging or other
fuel related complaints, and I'm all for saving $$ at the filling station.
So, I buy the low grade blend, which is 85 octane because I know the octane
has been lowered here due to the rarefied air (mile high). I checked with a
friend who drives a late model bow-tie door-slammer with the LS1 engine.
Octane requirement for him calls for 93, and with a compression ratio of
10.1:1 he does need the high test... best available is 91....but again,....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.