Please do not repost, forward or otherwise publish messages
contained in these archives without consent from the respective
author(s). These archives may not, in whole or part, be stored on
any public retrieval system (FTP, web, gopher, newsgroup, etc.) by
individuals or companies, without consent of the respective authors.

Received: with LISTAR (v0.128a; list 80-96-list); Mon, 19 Jun 2000 22:02:35 -0400 (EDT)
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 22:02:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: Ford Truck Enthusiasts List Server ford-trucks.com>
To: 80-96-list digest users ford-trucks.com>
Reply-to: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: 80-96-list Digest V2000 #116
Precedence: bulk

==========================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts 80-96 Truck Mailing List

Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com

To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
the words "unsubscribe 80-96-list" in the subject of the
message.
==========================================================

------------------------------------
80-96-list Digest Mon, 19 Jun 2000 Volume: 2000 Issue: 116

In This Issue:
Re: 351w to 460 convert
Re: E4OD
Oil Pressure Questions
Re: Oil Pressure Questions
Front Shock Travel
Re: Oil Pressure Questions
Alternative fuel trucks...
Tranny questions..again
Re: 302 to 351 parts swap

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: slikness mindspring.com
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 07:53:29 -0400
Subject: Re: 351w to 460 convert

It sounds like a great swap potential as long as you don't have to worry about the smog stuff. You will need a different tranny bell housing and flywheel, different motor mounts (get 'em from Ford or the junkyard) for your year. You will probably want to get a larger radiator and it's hard to beat a Modine in the radiator department. As far as the front mounted accessories, just look where they are mounted today and make sure you have the same bolt pattern for your brackets. If not, you can usually find the brackets off a junkyard engine (between $150-$250 depending on what all you need). There is a performance auto shop in Michigan, I think, that specializes in Ford swaps. I'll have to look up their number and get back to you later on that one. I doubt your headers will work, but you can't tell until after you drop the engine in and then try to work the headers around the frame. You'll find out quickly whether they will fit. You will want to push your headers up from!
!
the bottom of the truck after you drop the engine in.

Good luck,

Slik

> Hi all- i have been lurking for about a year now- and i belive my topic hasbeen brought up a time or two- unfortunately my computer crashed and all of my archives were lost :-( Anyhoo- i have an 84 F350 4x4 with a 4speed and a 351W in it currently- the 351 is still living (but in a terminal state) and i recently acquired a 70- something 460 that runs great- wondering what all parts i need and how difficult the swap will be- what companies sell conversion componets and such? I am not overly concerned in keeping the smog system- and will the headers that are on it now (out of a 63 F100) fit in
this truck? My main concern is to keep the p/s pump working right and to get this thing in there cheap and soon.<


------------------------------

From: "David Anderson (EUS)" am1.ericsson.se>
Subject: Re: E4OD
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 07:19:54 -0500

Hal,
One question here is can you with the way it's working? It would drive me
nuts. Heavy duty stuff or not, these things are designed to sense load and
shift smoothly under all conditions, especially when freshly rebuilt. I
would take it back immediately.
Dave

....Just had the E4OD tranny rebuilt in my 91 F350, 196K and seals bad. Now
it really slams from 1st to 2nd and a little less from 2nd to 3rd. Also it
still acts goofy.....


------------------------------

Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 06:22:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: Roger Lane excite.com>
Subject: Oil Pressure Questions

A quick question to all the experts on these lists. I have an '89 F250 4X4
with a 302 and a M5OD tranny. My question is, will a bad lifter (or two)
cause oil pressure drops after the engine is warmed up? What I mean by
drops is, while setting at a stop when the engine is fully warmed up, the
pressure will momentarilly dip
TIA
Roger

Lesson for the day:
Remember, when someone annoys you,
it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown.
BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm
and smack the a**hole upside the head.





_______________________________________________________
Get 100% FREE Internet Access powered by Excite
Visit http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://freelane.excite.com/freeisp


------------------------------

Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 09:48:35 -0400
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure Questions
From: chris hinckley juno.com>

reduced oil pressure while sitting is a bit normal. oil pressure drop is
usually attributed to bearing failure not the lifters. i'm not saying
it's your bearings, but it's more reasonable than the lifters. it could
also be a bad oil sending sensor. any other systoms?

chris h

On Mon, 19 Jun 2000 06:22:50 -0700 (PDT) Roger Lane excite.com>
writes:
> A quick question to all the experts on these lists. I have an '89
> F250 4X4
> with a 302 and a M5OD tranny. My question is, will a bad lifter (or
> two)
> cause oil pressure drops after the engine is warmed up? What I mean
> by
> drops is, while setting at a stop when the engine is fully warmed
> up, the
> pressure will momentarilly dip
> TIA
> Roger
>
> Lesson for the day:
> Remember, when someone annoys you,
> it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown.
> BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm
> and smack the a**hole upside the head.
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________________
> Get 100% FREE Internet Access powered by Excite
> Visit http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://freelane.excite.com/freeisp
>
> ==========================================================
> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> the words "unsubscribe 80-96-list" in the subject of the
> message.
>

------------------------------

From: jrnoakes texas.net>
Subject: Front Shock Travel
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 09:14:28 -0500

Friends,

I replaced the shocks on my '95 F150 2wd this past Saturday with some
Gabriels from AutoZone. I had a bear of a time getting the front shocks
compressed enough so that I could place the bottom bolt through the lower
shock mount.
My question is, how compressed should the front shock be upon installation?
I know that the purpose of shocks is to keep the wheel firmly planted on
the ground, but should there be some give in the static position?

As always...I appreciate it!

Justen Noakes
Jrnoakes texas.net
1995 Ford F150, 2wd, 4.9 L
1999 VW Passat, 1.8 L


------------------------------

Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 07:55:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: Roger Lane excite.com>
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure Questions

My truck has many symptoms;-) Another symptom (other then the oil pressure)
is it sounds like an exhaust lifter is collapsing after the engine is warmed
up. I was just hoping that maybe my oil pressure fulctuations were caused
by this, instead of bearings. I was planning on doing a rebuild in the next
couple of months, looks like I push up the date. On that note, does anyone
in the Sioux City area have a 302 (in rebuildable condition) they would like
to donate to the cause?
Thanks
Roger

On Mon, 19 Jun 2000 09:48:35 -0400, 80-96-list ford-trucks.com wrote:

> reduced oil pressure while sitting is a bit normal. oil pressure drop is
> usually attributed to bearing failure not the lifters. i'm not saying
> it's your bearings, but it's more reasonable than the lifters. it could
> also be a bad oil sending sensor. any other systoms?
>
> chris h
>
> On Mon, 19 Jun 2000 06:22:50 -0700 (PDT) Roger Lane excite.com>
> writes:
> > A quick question to all the experts on these lists. I have an '89
> > F250 4X4
> > with a 302 and a M5OD tranny. My question is, will a bad lifter (or
> > two)
> > cause oil pressure drops after the engine is warmed up? What I mean
> > by
> > drops is, while setting at a stop when the engine is fully warmed
> > up, the
> > pressure will momentarilly dip
> > TIA
> > Roger
> >
> > Lesson for the day:
> > Remember, when someone annoys you,
> > it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown.
> > BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm
> > and smack the a**hole upside the head.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________________
> > Get 100% FREE Internet Access powered by Excite
> > Visit http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://freelane.excite.com/freeisp
> >
> > ==========================================================
> > To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> > the words "unsubscribe 80-96-list" in the subject of the
> > message.
> >
> ==========================================================
> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> the words "unsubscribe 80-96-list" in the subject of the
> message.
>


"Accomplishing the impossible only means the boss will add it to your
regular duties."





_______________________________________________________
Get 100% FREE Internet Access powered by Excite
Visit http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://freelane.excite.com/freeisp


------------------------------

From: "tom higgins" samaritan.edu>
Subject: Alternative fuel trucks...
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 11:53:35 -0700


Hey guys,

I have a few fast questions.

1) Are vehicles with CNG (compressed natural gas) and LPG (liquid propane
gas) running the same fuel?

2) For you guys with either of these. How many miles do you run between
fill ups and .....how much does a fill up cost?

3) For anyone running one of these fuels. Do you have to pass emissions or
are you relieved of this responsibility. That is, is alternative fuel the
way to do whatever you want to the engine (for performace) without having to
worry about emissions?

4) Does anyone have difficulties with extreme cold weather and these fuels?

Just some random thoughts I've had.

Tom (in Pheonix)



------------------------------

Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 13:14:39 -0700
From: Chuck Sanborn deltanet.com>
Subject: Tranny questions..again

Sorry for the repeat question, but I can't find where I put the
answer....if I have in fact asked this before ;-|
Will a 5 speed from a V-6 Mustang, 3.8, fit an 86 4.9L? I have
the 3.03 tranny right now which I really want to get rid of and
a 5 speed has come along at a REALLY good price.
Thanks,
Chuck


------------------------------

From: Lingus0169 aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 22:51:42 EDT
Subject: Re: 302 to 351 parts swap

hi..i have an 351w with a performer intake on it..i am planning on buying a
302 crate motor..can i use my 351w intake on the 302 crate motor?
nick

------------------------------

End of 80-96-list Digest V2000 #116
***********************************
----------------------------------------------------------....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.