From: owner-80-96-list-digest ford-trucks.com (80-96-list-digest)
To: 80-96-list-digest ford-trucks.com
Subject: 80-96-list-digest V3 #227
Reply-To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
Sender: owner-80-96-list-digest ford-trucks.com
Errors-To: owner-80-96-list-digest ford-trucks.com
Precedence: bulk


80-96-list-digest Saturday, August 14 1999 Volume 03 : Number 227



=======================================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1980-1996 Trucks and Vans
Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To unsubscribe, send email to:
majordomo ford-trucks.com
with the words "unsubscribe 80-96-list-digest" in the body of the
message.
=======================================================================
In this issue:

FTE 80-96 - Mass Air Conversion
Re: FTE 80-96 - Mass Air Conversion
Re: FTE 80-96 - Mass Air Conversion
FTE 80-96 - E-BRAKE BRACKET
Re: FTE 80-96 - E-BRAKE BRACKET
RE: FTE 80-96 - E-BRAKE BRACKET
Re: FTE 80-96 - Mass Air Conversion
FTE 80-96 - Low Fuel Pressure
Re: FTE 80-96 - Mass Air Conversion
Re: FTE 80-96 - Ford/Harley F150
FTE 80-96 - Looking For Specs.

=======================================================================

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 04:41:25 -0700
From: Mike McGuire
Subject: FTE 80-96 - Mass Air Conversion

I was looking through the SVO catalog and noticed that Ford recommneds
converting to Mass Air before and engine or powertrain mods are
implemented. Is this really neccessary as the conversion for my truck
would be about 675.00 for the harness, meter, etc....

Thanks...

Mike....

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 08:15:11 -0400
From: Martin Horne
Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Mass Air Conversion

Don't know about necessary, I have been looking at a supercharger and the
manufacturer says it is unnecessary if using EEC-IV.

I went looking anyway, but wondered where you found a 675.00 unit? It's a
conversion I would like to do anyway.

Thanks.


At 04:41 AM 8/13/99 -0700, you wrote:
>
>
>I was looking through the SVO catalog and noticed that Ford recommneds
>converting to Mass Air before and engine or powertrain mods are
>implemented. Is this really neccessary as the conversion for my truck
>would be about 675.00 for the harness, meter, etc....
>
>Thanks...
>
>Mike....
>
>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 07:56:43 -0700
From: "Radoje Spasojevic"
Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Mass Air Conversion

Well if you are going to do some serious engine mods (bigger heads, high
flow intake, radical cam) then getting a mass-air conversion is the easiest
way to get it to work. Another option is to get a custom EEC chip burnt for
you, but that is rather expensive as it requires alot of dyno time to get
dialed in. I recently installed a SVO mass-air conversion into my '90
Bronco and the conversion was quite easy.

Rade
- -----Original Message-----
From: Mike McGuire
To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
Date: Friday, August 13, 1999 4:46 AM
Subject: FTE 80-96 - Mass Air Conversion


>
>
>I was looking through the SVO catalog and noticed that Ford recommneds
>converting to Mass Air before and engine or powertrain mods are
>implemented. Is this really neccessary as the conversion for my truck
>would be about 675.00 for the harness, meter, etc....
>
>Thanks...
>
>Mike....
>
>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:21:50 -0600
From: "Ellsworth, Sam"
Subject: FTE 80-96 - E-BRAKE BRACKET

HI ALL,
anyone had any experience with an e-brake pedal bracket breaking on their
trucks?
mine broke the other day, and stayed where it broke. I had to loosen the nut
between the front and rear cables to relieve the tension so I could drive
it.
it looks like I could maybe weld it, but not sure if it would hold or not.
the dealer wants $79.00 for another one. or would I be better off getting
one at a wrecking yard. would any 80-96 bracket work?
any information or tips would be appreciated.
feel free to e-mail privately as not to plug up the list with my question
and your response and so on and so on and so on.............

sam ellsworth
88 f-150
302 5-speed 4x4
150k miles


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:28:15 -0700
From: "Radoje Spasojevic"
Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - E-BRAKE BRACKET

The e-brake bracket on my '76 F-250 has been busted for about 5 yeas now,
but it still works. I suppose I should replace it, but $70 is ridiculous...

Rade
- -----Original Message-----
From: Ellsworth, Sam
To: '80-96-list ford-trucks.com'
Date: Friday, August 13, 1999 8:22 AM
Subject: FTE 80-96 - E-BRAKE BRACKET


>HI ALL,
>anyone had any experience with an e-brake pedal bracket breaking on their
>trucks?
>mine broke the other day, and stayed where it broke. I had to loosen the
nut
>between the front and rear cables to relieve the tension so I could drive
>it.
>it looks like I could maybe weld it, but not sure if it would hold or not.
>the dealer wants $79.00 for another one. or would I be better off getting
>one at a wrecking yard. would any 80-96 bracket work?
>any information or tips would be appreciated.
>feel free to e-mail privately as not to plug up the list with my question
>and your response and so on and so on and so on.............
>
>sam ellsworth
>88 f-150
>302 5-speed 4x4
>150k miles
>
>
>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 10:57:15 -0700
From: "McMahon, Todd R."
Subject: RE: FTE 80-96 - E-BRAKE BRACKET

Sam:

My personal opinion is that whenever I'm dealing with a "safety" related
item (in this case, brakes) I will buy a new part from the dealer. I would
NEVER put a used or wrecking yard part in my vehicle if it is safety
related. You don't know the history or true condition of these parts.
Perhaps I'm being anal... but for me (and my family) it's safety first.

The emergency brake pedal arm is exposed to some very heavy stresses when
being depressed to it's fullest extent. I don't think it would be wise to
weld it, you're better off replacing it. Whether the replacement part is
new or not is of course up to you.

Just keep in mind that ANY used part will have experienced a life of stress,
and could fail just like the first one did (perhaps there is a design
flaw?). A new part might incorporate a design change, but should
nevertheless last longer than any used or reconditioned part.

Good Luck...!

Todd

- -----Original Message-----
From: Ellsworth, Sam [mailto:SEllsworth flowserve.com]
Sent: Friday, August 13, 1999 8:22 AM
To: '80-96-list ford-trucks.com'
Subject: FTE 80-96 - E-BRAKE BRACKET


HI ALL,
anyone had any experience with an e-brake pedal bracket breaking on their
trucks?
mine broke the other day, and stayed where it broke. I had to loosen the nut
between the front and rear cables to relieve the tension so I could drive
it.
it looks like I could maybe weld it, but not sure if it would hold or not.
the dealer wants $79.00 for another one. or would I be better off getting
one at a wrecking yard. would any 80-96 bracket work?
any information or tips would be appreciated.
feel free to e-mail privately as not to plug up the list with my question
and your response and so on and so on and so on.............

sam ellsworth
88 f-150
302 5-speed 4x4
150k miles


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 14:36:35 -0500
From: Blake Malkamaki
Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Mass Air Conversion

>Well if you are going to do some serious engine mods (bigger heads, high
>flow intake, radical cam) then getting a mass-air conversion is the easiest
>way to get it to work. Another option is to get a custom EEC chip burnt for
>you, but that is rather expensive as it requires alot of dyno time to get
>dialed in. I recently installed a SVO mass-air conversion into my '90
>Bronco and the conversion was quite easy.
>

Does that also convert it to sequential injection? Does that come with a
new computer too? Or will the regular one work?

Thanks.


Blake
Little Mountain
Concord, Ohio
Early Oil Well Historian
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://little-mountain.com
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://little-mountain.com/blake
Web site design http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://hitechdesign.com
Desktop Publishing service
"Society is safest when the criminals don't know who's armed."
"An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject...."


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 14:34:58 CDT
From: "Miguel Mendez"
Subject: FTE 80-96 - Low Fuel Pressure

I have a 1987 F150 ext. cab with a 302 multi port FI. The engine has very
little power and poor gas mileage. The engine has good compression (125 -130
dry and 140 t0 150 wet). The codes said the knock sensor wasn't sending a
signal, I replaced it but no improvemnt. The engine was completely rebuilt
about a year and a half ago and never really performed like it should. The
fuel pressure is low, 30 psi while running, I replaced the fuel pumps (high
and low volume) and the pressure regulator,less than a year ago. I tried an
adjustable regulator but it wouldn't hold at any pressure higher than 30
psi? Also the control module, spark plugs and wires, dist cap and rotor
were replaced last month. Has anyone come across a similar problem, I need
some help.
Thanks
end Mike (miguelamendez52 hotmail.com




_______________________________________________________________
Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.msn.com
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 13:34:38 -0700
From: "Radoje Spasojevic"
Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Mass Air Conversion

The kit does indeed convert it to sequential firing for the injectors. I
notice a definite improvement in idle quality and smoother acceleration from
installing the kit. The kit does include a new computer, as the stock one
doesn't support the SEFI or the mass-air sensor.

Rade
- -----Original Message-----
From: Blake Malkamaki
To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
Date: Friday, August 13, 1999 11:48 AM
Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Mass Air Conversion


>>Well if you are going to do some serious engine mods (bigger heads, high
>>flow intake, radical cam) then getting a mass-air conversion is the
easiest
>>way to get it to work. Another option is to get a custom EEC chip burnt
for
>>you, but that is rather expensive as it requires alot of dyno time to get
>>dialed in. I recently installed a SVO mass-air conversion into my '90
>>Bronco and the conversion was quite easy.
>>
>
>Does that also convert it to sequential injection? Does that come with a
>new computer too? Or will the regular one work?
>
>Thanks.
>
>
>Blake
>Little Mountain
>Concord, Ohio
>Early Oil Well Historian
>http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://little-mountain.com
>http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://little-mountain.com/blake
>Web site design http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://hitechdesign.com
>Desktop Publishing service
>"Society is safest when the criminals don't know who's armed."
>"An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject...."
>
>
>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 19:00:00 -0500
From: Edward Saunders
Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Ford/Harley F150

Good point! I might just have to keep my truck and paint my own Harley logo
on the door myself (you can do this when most of the paint is peeling anyway,
LOL). Can't seem to go wrong with my longbed.

Ed Saunders
86 F-150 4X4 302
99 Harley-Davidson Dyna Wide Glide


Paul M Radecki wrote:

> I see only one problem with the new Ford/Harley F150: just where am I
> supposed to put the bikes? Certainly not in that dumb little Flareside
> short-bed (no offense, Wayne), especially since a hard tonneau cover is
> included in the package. Short beds might be fine for dirt bikes, but
> not for his-and-hers Electra-Glides! I wonder how badly those 20" wheels
> and lowered suspension compromise the towing and payload ratings. Maybe
> the next Ford/Harley joint venture should be a long bed SuperDuty
> designed to actually haul big motorcycles! Not that I could afford
> one...
>
> lordjanusz juno.com
> '94 F150
> '73 F100
> '85 Honda Nighthawk CB650SC
> ___________________________________________________________________
> Get the Internet just the way you want it.
> Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month!
> Try Juno Web: http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj.
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 21:37:08 -0700
From: Robert Hiebert
Subject: FTE 80-96 - Looking For Specs.

Does anyone know where I can find the following information?
- -Compression ratio, torque, and horsepower curves for the '95 4.9L EFI,....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.