From: owner-80-96-list-digest ford-trucks.com (80-96-list-digest)
To: 80-96-list-digest ford-trucks.com
Subject: 80-96-list-digest V3 #224
Reply-To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
Sender: owner-80-96-list-digest ford-trucks.com
Errors-To: owner-80-96-list-digest ford-trucks.com
Precedence: bulk


80-96-list-digest Wednesday, August 11 1999 Volume 03 : Number 224



=======================================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1980-1996 Trucks and Vans
Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To unsubscribe, send email to:
majordomo ford-trucks.com
with the words "unsubscribe 80-96-list-digest" in the body of the
message.
=======================================================================
In this issue:

Re: FTE 80-96 - Overheating or false reading?
Re: FTE 80-96 - Shocks
FTE 80-96 - Ford and Harley-Davidson Unveil Limited Edition 2000 F-150 Pickup Truck
RE: FTE 80-96 - Shocks
RE: FTE 80-96 - Cruise Control
RE: FTE 80-96 - Cruise Control
RE: FTE 80-96 - Cruise Control
FTE 80-96 - 88' F350 Crew Cab Check Engine Question?
RE: FTE 80-96 - 88' F350 Crew Cab Check Engine Question?
RE: FTE 80-96 - 88' F350 Crew Cab Check Engine Question?
RE: FTE 80-96 - Ford and Harley-Davidson Unveil Limited Edition 2 000 F-150 Pickup Truck
FTE 80-96 - RE: Selling F-250 for Ranger
FTE 80-96 - Overheating or false reading UPDATE
FTE 80-96 - Area code 809 SCAM!!!!
Re: FTE 80-96 - 302 V8 or 300 I-6?

=======================================================================

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 06:45:35 -0400
From: "Michael McCarthy"
Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Overheating or false reading?

I'd say you have a cooling system situation of some kind. My gauge has
always read exactly like yours on my '85 F-150 I6 and when it goes to mid
range it is too hot. In fact, if my temp gauge gets a little above mid range
the radiator boils over. Some years ago I thought the temp gauge didn't read
correctly because it never got over 1/4 scale. I changed it and the reading
remained the same. I suspect the same thing will happen to you.
There has been a recent thread regarding the radiator cap, and antifreeze,
and their effect on cooling the engine. I would replace the radiator cap and
check the anti-freeze mixture before I tried to change the sensor.

Michael McCarthy
Export, PA

- -----Original Message-----
From: Mike and Suzie
To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
Date: Monday, August 09, 1999 7:43 PM
Subject: FTE 80-96 - Overheating or false reading?


> I'd first like to say hello and thanks to everyone here that make
>this group such a great place to learn and exchange information. My
>truck is an '89 with an I-6 and the Mazda tranny and 75K on her. I've
>had her since mile 6 and now am facing a unique situation. This trucks
>temp gauge has only registered from dead left at start up to the
>beginning of the arc which shows the gauges range since day one. This
>is only about 3 or 4 widths of the needle. This weekend after a short
>trip the needle began approaching the N in normal. All of the other
>gauges are steady in their expected ranges.
> I have replaced the thermostat (the old one tested good) and have in
>my hands a new sending unit in anticipation of the day when I can find
>where it goes. Today a 5 mile trip showed same results, gauge much
>higher than before first incident, but no loss of power or hot smell.
>The upper radiator hose is hot so I assume the new stat is good.
> So, raise your hands if you think this lazy gauge has started to
>work properly after 10 years, or do I have something to worry about.
>
>
>
>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 05:28:38 PDT
From: "Jim Kudulis"
Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Shocks

I put a set of the Edelbrocks on my 94 F250. They seem to mush out the
small stuff pretty good, but the truck acts like there are no shocks at all
on the road. Going over tracks you just about bounce out of the seat, and
it continues to rebound. If you do the standard bounce the truck test for
bad shocks, it bounces 3 times.
Also don't buy the things on the internet. If you don't like them nobody
wants to help you out and you'll get smacked for return shipping.
When I discussed the problem with Shock Warehouse they said Gee we should
have recommended the Bilstiens for your application.

Jim

On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 21:15:19 EDT, MadHavelka cs.com wrote:

> The shocks on my '88 F-150 are shot. Right now I'm leaning towards a
set
> of Bilsteins, but I am looking for some experienced advice. I'm currently

> running BFG 31x10.50 A/Ts which offer quite a bit of flex, and I'm tired
of
> going around corners. Has anyone tried those new Edelbrock Performer IAS

> shocks, and if so are they really worth the extra $20/piece? Some
feedback
> would be welcome.
> Another question I have is regarding my engine. My 302 has about 136k

> miles on it. When it is started cold the rpm cycles back and forth,
almost
> dying. Is this a sensor problem? Also, running the A/C puts a serious
crunch
> on gas milage during city driving. I would appreciate some help here.
>
> Thanx,
>
> Mark Havelka
> Austin, TX
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html





________________________________________________________________
Get FREE voicemail, fax and email at http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://voicemail.excite.com
Talk online at http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://voicechat.excite.com
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 09:07:28 -0400
From: kpayne ford-trucks.com
Subject: FTE 80-96 - Ford and Harley-Davidson Unveil Limited Edition 2000 F-150 Pickup Truck

For those that aren't aware of this, Ford Truck Enthusiasts has
press privileges and access to Ford Motor Company's press agent
site. We update this news section of the web site regularly
with Ford press releases.

Normally, we don't announce any press releases on the lists but
today we have one that might be of interest to many of you:

Ford and Harley-Davidson Unveil Limited Edition 2000 F-150
Pickup Truck

If you go to the main web site page:

http://www.ford-trucks.com

...you'll find the link to the news section on the right hand
side of the screen under a newspaper pic.

Later,
Ken
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 09:48:02 -0400
From: Greg Carter
Subject: RE: FTE 80-96 - Shocks

Dumb question, but did you install them correctly? The Edelbrocks go in
upside down compared to a regular shock. If put in the regular way they'll
work much like you describe...

- -----Original Message-----
From: Jim Kudulis [mailto:jimm excite.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 1999 8:29 AM
To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Shocks


I put a set of the Edelbrocks on my 94 F250. They seem to mush out the
small stuff pretty good, but the truck acts like there are no shocks at all
on the road. Going over tracks you just about bounce out of the seat, and
it continues to rebound. If you do the standard bounce the truck test for
bad shocks, it bounces 3 times.
Also don't buy the things on the internet. If you don't like them nobody
wants to help you out and you'll get smacked for return shipping.
When I discussed the problem with Shock Warehouse they said Gee we should
have recommended the Bilstiens for your application.
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 08:28:05 -0700
From: Eric Sneed
Subject: RE: FTE 80-96 - Cruise Control

Maybe this is a stupid question, but have you replaced the rabs valve
recently? I ask because I replaced mine about two months ago and my
cruise has not worked since. Yes is it is the pits not having cruise
control

Eric
89 f150 4x4 without cruise
> -----Original Message-----
> From: DeseretMail [SMTP:heslop mail.deseretmail.com]
> Sent: Monday, August 09, 1999 8:27 PM
> To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
> Subject: FTE 80-96 - Cruise Control
>
> I just bought a 92 E-350 and the cruies is dead.
>
> The owner told me that it was a vacuum problem, my mechanic looked
> quickly, and said that the vacuum and electricity were good.
>
> I checked the steering wheel switches and they are working as far as I
> can tell.
>
> My mechanic did not have enough time to finish it before we took it on
> our first trip from Alpine UT to Turlock Ca (Near Modesto Ca of
> American Graffiti fame.)
>
> Driving with out cruise was a pit. Going back I am concerned that a
> Nevada Hiway Patrol might notice before I do that this bugger is
> pegged. I can not afford a ticket right now.
>
> Some questions, from what I can see there is no vacuum for this Crusie
> control set-up.
>
> SO that leaves only three other areas, (1) the cable going to the
> throttle is broken, (2) the Cruise module is out, (3) the wires
> between either the steering wheel or the fuse panel are broken.
>
> Does anyone have an idea which is most likely, or how to troubleshoot
> to determine the correct component.
>
> Kris
> Alpine Ut
> 92 E-350
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info
> http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 09:57:24 MDT
From: "DeseretMail"
Subject: RE: FTE 80-96 - Cruise Control

Not a dumb question for me, although I do not know what was done before. What is the "rabs valve?"

Kris
92 E-350
- ---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
From: Eric Sneed
Reply-To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 08:28:05 -0700

>Maybe this is a stupid question, but have you replaced the rabs valve
recently? I ask because I replaced mine about two months ago and my
cruise has not worked since. Yes is it is the pits not having cruise
control

Eric
89 f150 4x4 without cruise
> -----Original Message-----
> From: DeseretMail [SMTP:heslop mail.deseretmail.com]
> Sent: Monday, August 09, 1999 8:27 PM
> To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
> Subject: FTE 80-96 - Cruise Control
>
> I just bought a 92 E-350 and the cruise is dead.
>
> The owner told me that it was a vacuum problem, my mechanic looked
> quickly, and said that the vacuum and electricity were good.
>
> I checked the steering wheel switches and they are working as far as I
> can tell.
>
> My mechanic did not have enough time to finish it before we took it on
> our first trip from Alpine UT to Turlock Ca (Near Modesto Ca of
> American Graffiti fame.)
>
> Driving with out cruise was a pit. Going back I am concerned that a
> Nevada Hiway Patrol might notice before I do that this bugger is
> pegged. I can not afford a ticket right now.
>
> Some questions, from what I can see there is no vacuum for this Crusie
> control set-up.
>
> SO that leaves only three other areas, (1) the cable going to the
> throttle is broken, (2) the Cruise module is out, (3) the wires
> between either the steering wheel or the fuse panel are broken.
>
> Does anyone have an idea which is most likely, or how to troubleshoot
> to determine the correct component.
>
> Kris
> Alpine Ut
> 92 E-350
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info
> http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 09:14:22 -0700
From: Eric Sneed
Subject: RE: FTE 80-96 - Cruise Control

It is the rear antilock control valve, I had to replace mine a couple of
months ago and have not had cruise since then. there is a 3 or 4 pin
connecter on the valve and I have wondered if the cruise control goes
through there?
Eric
> -----Original Message-----
> From: DeseretMail [SMTP:heslop mail.deseretmail.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 1999 8:57 AM
> To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
> Subject: RE: FTE 80-96 - Cruise Control
>
> Not a dumb question for me, although I do not know what was done
> before. What is the "rabs valve?"
>
> Kris
> 92 E-350
> ---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
> From: Eric Sneed
> Reply-To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
> Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 08:28:05 -0700
>
> >Maybe this is a stupid question, but have you replaced the rabs valve
> recently? I ask because I replaced mine about two months ago and my
> cruise has not worked since. Yes is it is the pits not having cruise
> control
>
> Eric
> 89 f150 4x4 without cruise
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: DeseretMail [SMTP:heslop mail.deseretmail.com]
> > Sent: Monday, August 09, 1999 8:27 PM
> > To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
> > Subject: FTE 80-96 - Cruise Control
> >
> > I just bought a 92 E-350 and the cruise is dead.
> >
> > The owner told me that it was a vacuum problem, my mechanic looked
> > quickly, and said that the vacuum and electricity were good.
> >
> > I checked the steering wheel switches and they are working as far as
> I
> > can tell.
> >
> > My mechanic did not have enough time to finish it before we took it
> on
> > our first trip from Alpine UT to Turlock Ca (Near Modesto Ca of
> > American Graffiti fame.)
> >
> > Driving with out cruise was a pit. Going back I am concerned that a
> > Nevada Hiway Patrol might notice before I do that this bugger is
> > pegged. I can not afford a ticket right now.
> >
> > Some questions, from what I can see there is no vacuum for this
> Crusie
> > control set-up.
> >
> > SO that leaves only three other areas, (1) the cable going to the
> > throttle is broken, (2) the Cruise module is out, (3) the wires
> > between either the steering wheel or the fuse panel are broken.
> >
> > Does anyone have an idea which is most likely, or how to
> troubleshoot
> > to determine the correct component.
> >
> > Kris
> > Alpine Ut
> > 92 E-350
> > == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info
> > http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info
> http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info
> http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 13:30:10 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Mark F. Burgo ( Mark F. Burgo"
Subject: FTE 80-96 - 88' F350 Crew Cab Check Engine Question?

Good-Day,
Here is a good one for all you great truck drivers. I have an 88' Crew
Cab with a 351W engine, When I tow a 31.5' travel trailer with this truck the
check engine light DOES NOT come on. When I drive about 6-10 miles without the
trailer the check engine light does come on.

So far I replaced the O2 sensor, EGR valve, and I had to Friday replace the
Ignition module as it failed and all died. The O2 sensor was replaced with a
bosch and the EGR valve was replaced due to a mechanic punchured the diaphram.
New Y pipe as they burn't a whole in the old one when replacing the O2 sensor
and the sensor was reading lean.


The truck runs much smother and cooler until the check engine light comes on
then the temp will raise from between NO to between RM on the guage.

Any bright Ideas as to why this light insist on coming on only when not towing
and specifically between 6-10 mile into the ride to and from work...


Thanks again this is a great group and I'm glad I found it...


Mark
- ----------------------------------
Burgo Systems / Consulting
E-Mail: Mark F. Burgo ( Mark F. Burgo
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.surfshop.net/users/mfburgo/pub

Date: 10-Aug-99
Time: 13:20:35

This message was sent by XFMail
On RedHat Linux 5.2
Burgo Systems / Consulting is happy to preload Linux on your new
BS/C System, Factory Direct
- ----------------------------------
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 10:58:20 -0700
From: Eric Sneed
Subject: RE: FTE 80-96 - 88' F350 Crew Cab Check Engine Question?

I had a similar problem in the past, I would start by pulling the codes
out of the system. that is what I have learned from this group, and it
has worked well.

Eric

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Mark F. Burgo ( Mark F. Burgo [SMTP:mfburgo surfshop.net]
> Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 1999 10:30 AM
> To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
> Subject: FTE 80-96 - 88' F350 Crew Cab Check Engine Question?
>
> Good-Day,
> Here is a good one for all you great truck drivers. I have an
> 88' Crew
> Cab with a 351W engine, When I tow a 31.5' travel trailer with this
> truck the
> check engine light DOES NOT come on. When I drive about 6-10 miles
> without the
> trailer the check engine light does come on.
>
> So far I replaced the O2 sensor, EGR valve, and I had to Friday
> replace the
> Ignition module as it failed and all died. The O2 sensor was replaced
> with a
> bosch and the EGR valve was replaced due to a mechanic punchured the
> diaphram.
> New Y pipe as they burn't a whole in the old one when replacing the O2
> sensor
> and the sensor was reading lean.
>
>
> The truck runs much smother and cooler until the check engine light
> comes on
> then the temp will raise from between NO to between RM on the guage.
>
> Any bright Ideas as to why this light insist on coming on only when
> not towing
> and specifically between 6-10 mile into the ride to and from work...
>
>
> Thanks again this is a great group and I'm glad I found it...
>
>
> Mark
> ----------------------------------
> Burgo Systems / Consulting
> E-Mail: Mark F. Burgo ( Mark F. Burgo
> http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.surfshop.net/users/mfburgo/pub
>
> Date: 10-Aug-99
> Time: 13:20:35
>
> This message was sent by XFMail
> On RedHat Linux 5.2
> Burgo Systems / Consulting is happy to preload Linux on your new
> BS/C System, Factory Direct
> ----------------------------------
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info
> http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 10:59:52 -0700
From: "McMahon, Todd R."
Subject: RE: FTE 80-96 - 88' F350 Crew Cab Check Engine Question?

So when there's a "LOAD" on the engine, the light remains off?

I wonder if it's a timing advance issue?

Have you tried to read out the engine codes?

The fact that the engine light comes on only after 10 minutes or so means
that the engine temperature sensor is working. The vehicle's computer will
buypass the readings from the O2 sensor until the engine is at operating
temperature. Once at operating temperature, the vehicle's computer does
many things, most have to do with emmisions and timing adjustments. It is
only at this point that the O2 Sensor is being envolved with engine
operations. You say that you have replaced the O2 Sensor... I assume that
you mean that this had no effect. I would have done the same thing. The
next thing to check is your wiring harness from the O2 sensor all the way to
the computer. There may be a bad connection somewhere, or the wires may be
grounding out against something, or be physically cut through or even
burned. You should be able to trace out the wire from end to end using a
multimeter and some long extentions on the test leads.

The first thing I would do, however, is read out the engine codes.

Good Luck...!

Todd McMahon
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://209.19.94.132/tmcmahon

- -----Original Message-----
From: Mark F. Burgo ( Mark F. Burgo [mailto:mfburgo surfshop.net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 1999 10:30 AM
To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: FTE 80-96 - 88' F350 Crew Cab Check Engine Question?


Good-Day,
Here is a good one for all you great truck drivers. I have an 88'
Crew
Cab with a 351W engine, When I tow a 31.5' travel trailer with this truck
the
check engine light DOES NOT come on. When I drive about 6-10 miles without
the
trailer the check engine light does come on.

So far I replaced the O2 sensor, EGR valve, and I had to Friday replace the
Ignition module as it failed and all died. The O2 sensor was replaced with
a
bosch and the EGR valve was replaced due to a mechanic punchured the
diaphram.
New Y pipe as they burn't a whole in the old one when replacing the O2
sensor
and the sensor was reading lean.


The truck runs much smother and cooler until the check engine light comes on
then the temp will raise from between NO to between RM on the guage.

Any bright Ideas as to why this light insist on coming on only when not
towing
and specifically between 6-10 mile into the ride to and from work...


Thanks again this is a great group and I'm glad I found it...


Mark
- ----------------------------------
Burgo Systems / Consulting
E-Mail: Mark F. Burgo ( Mark F. Burgo
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.surfshop.net/users/mfburgo/pub

Date: 10-Aug-99
Time: 13:20:35

This message was sent by XFMail
On RedHat Linux 5.2
Burgo Systems / Consulting is happy to preload Linux on your new
BS/C System, Factory Direct
- ----------------------------------
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 16:41:13 -0600
From: "Giddens, Scott"
Subject: RE: FTE 80-96 - Ford and Harley-Davidson Unveil Limited Edition 2 000 F-150 Pickup Truck

Ken,

It would be nice to see a picture of this. I looked for it on the net and
didn't find anything. Any idea where I might find it? anyone?

Scott

- -----Original Message-----
From: kpayne ford-trucks.com [SMTP:kpayne ford-trucks.com]

~snip~

Ford and Harley-Davidson Unveil Limited Edition 2000 F-150
Pickup Truck
~snip~

Later,
Ken
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 11:57:08 -0500
From: "Dave Harmier"
Subject: FTE 80-96 - RE: Selling F-250 for Ranger

I don't know about new Rangers, but my Dad is FINALLY giving up his '87
Ranger for a '91 F-150. I feel utterly alien in that Ranger,
claustrophobic to some degree!
And our '88 F-150 was a GREAT truck.

Point is it's all in how YOU feel, but you'd NEVER get me to do it!

Dave H.
Houston
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 23:33:11 -0400
From: Mike and Suzie
Subject: FTE 80-96 - Overheating or false reading UPDATE

After locating and replacing the temperature sending unit ('89 I6)
located at the top rear right side of the block just below the head I
still have a very high temp reading. Using some jumpers I swapped the
temp and oil sending unit leads, sending them to the oil and temp
sending units respectively. The oil pressure gauge (now registering
coolant temp) stayed nice and low for the five minutes I ran it , just
like the temp gauge used to. The temp gauge (now showing oil pressure)
immediately pegged itself far right. This leads me to think the gauge
itself is faulty, assuming the gauges are interchangeable.
So far I've swapped the cheap parts- radiator cap, thermostat, and
sending unit. I'm hoping the radiator isn't clogged, best price here is
233 from Pep Boys.
Anyway I guess we'll be taking the O---mobile on our trip to PA as
I'm short on time to sort thing out. Hopefully things will get resolved
upon our return in two weeks. I'll report my results when there are
some.

Mike
Virginia is for racers


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 20:46:13 -0700
From: "Mike Salomone"
Subject: FTE 80-96 - Area code 809 SCAM!!!!

809 Area Code Phone Scam

08/05/99 - Various alerts are now circulating warning
consumers not to respond to phone, pager, or email
requests to dial a number beginning with the 809 area
code to "settle an unpaid account" to "collect a
wonderful prize," etc. According to the alerts, the
area code is in the Caribbean and can be set up as a
"pay-per-call" number (like 900 numbers in the U.S.).
People who respond to these requests can get stuck with
a whopping phone bill for an international call.

This information is basically true. The warnings
originated in an edition of Internet ScamBusters, a
respectable newsletter that keeps subscribers apprised
of current frauds and scams. The original article
appeared in 1996, but a recent AT&T publication
indicates that the scam is still active.

Multiple versions of the alert exist because people can
and do alter such texts before sending them on, which
means the specific message you receive may or may not
contain accurate information.

For that reason, recipients are best advised not to
forward warnings like these any further. If you feel
compelled to warn your friends of the telephone scam,
send them the URL of the original article instead:

http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.scambusters.org/ScamBusters8.html



== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 00:29:39 -0400
From: "Serian"
Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - 302 V8 or 300 I-6?

> In the next three months or so I am going to buy a Ford pickup
>and wondering which is a better motor? It will be in the 80's to
>early 90's range. I do not pull anything just throw camping gear in
>the back and the motorcycle every now and then. So I am not
>concerned about whether enough power just the best gas mileage and
>reliabilty. Also if I ever want to in the future trick out the motor....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.