80-96-list-digest Friday, April 30 1999 Volume 03 : Number 121



=======================================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1980-1996 Trucks and Vans
Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To unsubscribe, send email to:
majordomo ford-trucks.com
with the words "unsubscribe 80-96-list-digest" in the body of the
message.
=======================================================================
In this issue:

FTE 80-96 - Yoke problem?
Re: FTE 80-96 - Code Reader Info
FTE 80-96 - Re:
FTE 80-96 - Re: Guages-Bronco
AW: FTE 80-96 - Code Reader Info
FTE 80-96 - Re: oil woes and sleeping in trucks
FTE 80-96 - Chevy Technological Breakthrough
FTE 80-96 - V-8 throttle body on a 4.9L
FTE 80-96 - Fw: Beer
Re: FTE 80-96 - Fw: Beer
Re: FTE 80-96 - Fw: Beer
FTE 80-96 - Cam gear Came loose
Re: FTE 80-96 - Fw: Beer
Re: FTE 80-96 - Fw: Beer
Re: FTE 80-96 - Chevy Technological Breakthrough
Re: FTE 80-96 - Fw: Beer
Re: FTE 80-96 - Cam gear Came loose
Re: FTE 80-96 - Fw: Beer
FTE 80-96 - Front end slop

=======================================================================

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 06:29:27 -0400
From: "Max W. Cottrell"
Subject: FTE 80-96 - Yoke problem?

Questions:

1) Can manual transmissions have the dreaded yoke
problem?

2) Can this problem be severe enough to keep the vehicle
from moving?


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 04:18:13 PDT
From: "Jim Kudulis"
Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Code Reader Info

In Wisconsin I bought an ACTRON brand code scanner at Big Wheel Rossi.
Marked $29.99 but on sale for $24.99. Works great. Healthy book included.
Sure sounds funny under the hood during the tests all the relays etc. being
activated. You'll need a timing light to verify the base timing.
Jim

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999 15:35:52 -0700, Gerald L. Hinkle Jr. CPA wrote:

> Hello again list people. I am interested in buying a code reader for my
> truck. Does anyone have a recomendation on brand, type etc? Can these
> code readers be purchased at local auto supply stores? Also, does the
code
> reader come with the necessary code reference listing or descriptions or
> would I obtain them elsewhere? Is there a way to read the computers
stored
> codes without a code reader? Any opinions or suggestions are greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Jerry Hinkle Jr. CPA
> "RULEMAKER" 94 F-350 Crew Cab 4x4
> "LTS-ROK" 80 JEEP CJ-5
>
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html





_______________________________________________________
Get your free, private email at http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://mail.excite.com/
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 06:47:14 -0500
From: Dean
Subject: FTE 80-96 - Re:

I know very little about these vehicles, I am paricipating in the newsgroup
because I would like to know more ;-), so, I can't really answer your
question. Post it to the newsgroup, and I'm sure others will belp.

- -Dean

>
>I have posted here a couple of times and got a lot of good answers
>back, and wanted to thank y'all. Recently I have had a problem with my
>Bronco's gas, oil pressure, and temperature gauge all going haywire at
>once and going as far right as possible. I have noticed that if I
>alter the amount of volts going through the electrical system, for
>example turn on the headlights, when this is happening all the gauges
>will return to normal again. This is happening more and more rapidly
>now. It definateley sounds like an electrical problem, but I do not
>know where to start. The alternator is brand new along with the
>voltage regulator, and both checked out fine on a diags machine. Any
>answers would be greatly appreciated, this is one of those problems
>that can drive you nuts, its not a good feeling to see your temp gauge
>oil pressure gauge and gas gauge all at their max positions, even
>though all are OK..
>
>Thanks,
>
>Bill Jiminez
>
>_________________________________________________________
>Do You Yahoo!?
> >
>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

- ---
- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- --------------------
Dean |ripperd geocites.com
web page |www.geocites.com/SiliconValley/Code/7572
- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- --------------------

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 09:48:46 -0400
From: "PmctBaker"
Subject: FTE 80-96 - Re: Guages-Bronco

bill jiminez wrote:
>
> I have posted here a couple of times and got a lot of good answers
> back, and wanted to thank y'all. Recently I have had a problem with my
> Bronco's gas, oil pressure, and temperature gauge all going haywire at
> once and going as far right as possible.
Andre wrote:


is that your truck has one, and it's on its' last legs. The Intrument
panel VR is a little can that works a lot like a christmas tree flasher.
It just turns on and off rapidly, so that the _average_ voltage is about
5 Volts. Peaks at 12, dips to 0. Actually, it works more like a vibrator
on an old tube type car radio, come to think of it.>>

> I have noticed that if I
> alter the amount of volts going through the electrical system, for
> example turn on the headlights, when this is happening all the gauges
> will return to normal again.
>

next time it happens (really, sometimes vibration _does_ help! ;-), if
that fixes it temporarily, it might be the ground, then again, you might
have just whacked the VR back into operation.>>

Bill,

My 78 Bronco's rear door, gauges, brake-tail-turn-dome-dash lights wouldn't
work because both light sockets had burnt through the piece that grounds
the brass base on the light bulb to vehicle body ground. This was burnt on
the inside of the sockets. All that was noticeable was a small black spot
on the sockets. Took me two days to trace it down, and I couldn't believe
the tail light sockets could cause all the problems with the dash panel.
But after I thought about it, it made sense.

Like Andre said, check for a bad ground somewhere.

Good luck
mike baker
85 Styleside 4x4
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www3.your-net.com/~pmbaker

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 16:22:49 +0200
From: "Ucen, Thomas"
Subject: AW: FTE 80-96 - Code Reader Info

I bought a small booklet by WELLS called "Sure You Can". It's about
ignition, all the emission electronics etc. The most important thing: =
it
tells you how to pull the codes on "the big three" without scanner and =
has
all the code charts. I've used it a lot to check the codes on a Buick, =
a
Chrysler and my Aerostar. Works nicely....

Tom
Munich, Germany
1993 Aerostar Ext. 3.0L

> -----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
> Von:Gerald L. Hinkle Jr. CPA [SMTP:2hinkles sprynet.com]
> Gesendet am:Donnerstag, 29. April 1999 00:36
> An:ford trucks
> Betreff:FTE 80-96 - Code Reader Info
>=20
> Hello again list people. I am interested in buying a code reader for =
my
> truck. Does anyone have a recomendation on brand, type etc? Can =
these
> code readers be purchased at local auto supply stores? Also, does =
the
> code
> reader come with the necessary code reference listing or descriptions =
or
> would I obtain them elsewhere? Is there a way to read the computers
> stored
> codes without a code reader? Any opinions or suggestions are greatly
> appreciated.
>=20
> Jerry Hinkle Jr. CPA
> "RULEMAKER" 94 F-350 Crew Cab 4x4
> "LTS-ROK" 80 JEEP CJ-5
>=20
> =3D=3D FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info =
http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 11:17:46 -0400 (EDT)
From: Victor L Moran
Subject: FTE 80-96 - Re: oil woes and sleeping in trucks

Jim,
I thought about the CO^2. I was in the middle of a huge storm. I
could barely see and the radio said it won't stop until noon the next
morning. The winds (+20mph) and the snow carried away the exhuast. Plus
if I had kept driving I would have ended up in an accident and if I had
turned off the heat I would have froze. Western NY snow storms can be
very cold and long.
I also won't be repeating that again, since I know that if that
storm had cleared out I could have been in trouble.

Victor.
P.S. Sorry about your uncle.


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: 28 Apr 99 23:25:25 PDT
From: William Berninghausen
Subject: FTE 80-96 - Chevy Technological Breakthrough

Just so you know what the bowtie boys are doing....

The best Ford has done is add wires to the rear window to clear fog and f=
rost;
Dodge is adding wires under the wipers so they can be freed when frozen a=
nd
not burn up the motor. But Chevy is adding the wire elements to the tail=
gates
on all of their trucks. Keeps your hands warm while you're pushing!

Bill

____________________________________________________________________
Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://webm=
ail.netscape.com.
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 09:40:09 -0700
From: Eric Sneed
Subject: FTE 80-96 - V-8 throttle body on a 4.9L

Good mourning group,
Earlier in the week there was some discussion about a throttle body from
a 302 or a 351 fitting on a 300 L6, I became a bit confused on if it
would work and if there would be any benefit to this swap? I would
appreciate it if someone would be able to clear this up for me.

Thanks in advance
Eric
89 F150 XLT Lariat 4X4 4.9L 4sp

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 19:55:17 -0400
From: "john labriola"
Subject: FTE 80-96 - Fw: Beer

- ----- Original Message -----
From: pt
To: wizzie ; tracy ; taz/bob
; sue ward ; sportypaul
; rene ; sonny
; pt ; po guy
; nick 1 ; me2
; labster ; john k
; hpd ; goody
; cutie ru ; cp
; billybob
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 1999 5:07 PM
Subject: Fw: Beer


>
> a freebee from my friends at miller brewing enjou pt
> :
> : Hello:
> : We here at Miller Brewing Company, Inc. would
> : like to help bring in the new millennium for everyone. We
> : like to think of ourselves as a progressive
> : company, keeping up with our
> : customers. We have found the best
> : way to do this via the Internet and email.
> : Combining these things, we would like to make
> : a special offer to our
> : valued customers: If this email makes
> : it to 2,000,000 people by 12:00 PM on New
> : Year's Eve of 1999, we will
> : send a coupon for one six-pack
> : of any of our Miller Brand beverages.
> : In the event that 2,000,000 people are
> : reached, our tracker/counter,
> : embedded in this message, will report
> : to us with the list of names and email
> : addresses. Thereafter, each
> : email address will be sent an electronic
> : coupon which you can print out and redeem at
> : any Miller Brand beverage carrying store. The coupons will
> : be sent as soon as 2,000,000 people are
> : reached, so the sooner, the
> : better.
> :
> : Enjoy, and Cheers,
> :
> : Gary D. Anderson, Chief Marketing Director
> : Miller Brewing Company, Inc.
> : http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.millerbrewing.com
>

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 21:11:53 -0400
From: Ken Payne
Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Fw: Beer

Gee, the bogus chain email strikes again. Last time it was
Microsoft doing the giving away....

>>
>> a freebee from my friends at miller brewing enjou pt
>> :

- -snip-

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 18:35:51 -0700
From: "Mike"
Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Fw: Beer

Besides that, everybody know Ford people drink Coors Light!


- -----Original Message-----
From: Ken Payne
To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
Date: Thursday, April 29, 1999 6:14 PM
Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Fw: Beer


>Gee, the bogus chain email strikes again. Last time it was
>Microsoft doing the giving away....
>
>>>
>>> a freebee from my friends at miller brewing enjou pt
>>> :
>
>-snip-
>
>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 22:38:55 EDT
From: ILiftYou aol.com
Subject: FTE 80-96 - Cam gear Came loose

81 Ford Bronco 300 six after 15,000 miles on complete rebuild the cam gear
came loose. It's a press fit, it ground through and broke out the gear set
cover. This happened in my garage at an idle and has caused major heart
burn. Has anyone had this happen?
Thanks

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 23:06:44 EDT
From: DJ250r aol.com
Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Fw: Beer

well not all the time thats for getin girls drunk !!! lol
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 21:14:16 -0700
From: "Evan Tait"
Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Fw: Beer

not canadians that stuff is like water compared to our brew
- ----- Original Message -----
From: Mike
To:
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 1999 6:35 PM
Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Fw: Beer


> Besides that, everybody know Ford people drink Coors Light!
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ken Payne
> To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
> Date: Thursday, April 29, 1999 6:14 PM
> Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Fw: Beer
>
>
> >Gee, the bogus chain email strikes again. Last time it was
> >Microsoft doing the giving away....
> >
> >>>
> >>> a freebee from my friends at miller brewing enjou pt
> >>> :
> >
> >-snip-
> >
> >== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
> >
>
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 21:17:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: shy anne
Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Chevy Technological Breakthrough

hahahaha that is funny. I had to forward it to my sister...she's a
Chevy fan. = )

- --- William Berninghausen wrote:
> Just so you know what the bowtie boys are doing....
>
> The best Ford has done is add wires to the rear
> window to clear fog and frost;
> Dodge is adding wires under the wipers so they can
> be freed when frozen and
> not burn up the motor. But Chevy is adding the wire
> elements to the tailgates
> on all of their trucks. Keeps your hands warm while
> you're pushing!
>
> Bill
>
> ____________________________________________________________________
> Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account
> today at http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://webmail.netscape.com.
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info
> http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>

===
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.geocities.com/heartland/pointe/5898
_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 00:27:13 EDT
From: DJ250r aol.com
Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Fw: Beer

that why its collage girl beer !!
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 21:30:37 -0700
From: Bob Kennedy
Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Cam gear Came loose

To the best of my re-collection, there should have been a bolt holding the gear
to the cam.

Bob


ILiftYou aol.com wrote:

> 81 Ford Bronco 300 six after 15,000 miles on complete rebuild the cam gear
> came loose. It's a press fit, it ground through and broke out the gear set
> cover. This happened in my garage at an idle and has caused major heart
> burn. Has anyone had this happen?
> Thanks
>
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 22:24:56 -0700
From: "Mike"
Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Fw: Beer

Maybe so, but works as a pretty good chaser after a fifth of VO.

- -----Original Message-----
From: Evan Tait
To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
Date: Thursday, April 29, 1999 9:16 PM
Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Fw: Beer


>not canadians that stuff is like water compared to our brew
>----- Original Message -----
>From: Mike
>To:
>Sent: Thursday, April 29, 1999 6:35 PM
>Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Fw: Beer
>
>
>> Besides that, everybody know Ford people drink Coors Light!
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Ken Payne
>> To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
>> Date: Thursday, April 29, 1999 6:14 PM
>> Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Fw: Beer
>>
>>
>> >Gee, the bogus chain email strikes again. Last time it was
>> >Microsoft doing the giving away....
>> >
>> >>>
>> >>> a freebee from my friends at miller brewing enjou pt
>> >>> :
>> >
>> >-snip-
>> >
>> >== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>> >
>>
>> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>
>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 23:04:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: Casey Vandor
Subject: FTE 80-96 - Front end slop

Driving home today I hit a *very large* pothole (from a frost heave)
with the front passenger tire. (83 F-250 4x4 TTB up front) It was big
enough that ripped the steering wheel out of *both* of my hands,
fishtailed in the road and luckily no other traffic in the way. I pull
over look underneath, nothing is busted. I jacked it up when I got
home, and on the passenger tire, there is no play top to bottom, so I
am assuming the ball joints are ok. But there is now about 1/4 inch of
slop side to side like my tie rods are shot. (were nice and tight about
2 weeks ago when I swapped summer tires on) Is it possible to check
this without taking them apart? ( I have to drive the alcan in 6 days
and take finals all next week, so time is kinda tight) To make matters....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.