80-96-list-digest Thursday, September 17 1998 Volume 02 : Number 319



=======================================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1980-1996 Trucks and Vans
Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To unsubscribe, send email to:
majordomo ford-trucks.com
with the words "unsubscribe 80-96-list-digest" in the body of the
message.
=======================================================================
In this issue:

FTE 80-96 - Re: Type F vs. Dextron II ATF
FTE 80-96 - Re: Locking rear brakes
FTE 80-96 - Re: Drive to school
FTE 80-96 - Re: steering box e-250
FTE 80-96 - RE: Break Away Mirrors ??
FTE 80-96 - RE: six block drain
FTE 80-96 - Ck eng light
FTE 80-96 - Re: FTE 80-96 Dual Exhaust on 95 F150
Re: FTE 80-96 - Fog Lights
FTE 80-96 - Re: Have Tranny Question
Re: FTE 80-96 - Fog Lights
FTE 80-96 - Fuel system problem
FTE 80-96 - 94 E350 Alignment and Ride
Re: FTE 80-96 - Re: FTE 80-96 Dual Exhaust on 95 F150
Re: FTE 80-96 - Fuel system problem
FTE 80-96 - RE New: Have Tranny Question
RE: FTE 80-96 - Body parts
FTE 80-96 - Camshafts and intake vacuum relationship
Re: FTE 80-96 - Fuel system problem
FTE 80-96 - Re: Locking rear brakes

=======================================================================

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 10:57:34 -0300
From: sbest
Subject: FTE 80-96 - Re: Type F vs. Dextron II ATF

>Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 11:06:17 -0500
>From: "Ralph Ward"
>Subject: FTE 80-96 - Type F vs. Dextron II ATF
>
>My parts place sold me type f which I put in the transmission. The dipstick
>says Dextron II. Do I need to redo this?




If you just topped it up with a quart or less, no.
If you changed the fluid or added much more than a quart, yes.

Type "F" is "grabbier" and will make for harder shift and can cause
some damage it some cases in transmissions it is not designed for.


Steve Best, Nova Scotia, sbest glinx.com
4 wheel drive van page: http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.glinx.com/users/sbest
Tire chains, camping gear, tools,82 Bronco and some shooting stuff too.







== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 10:58:02 -0300
From: sbest
Subject: FTE 80-96 - Re: Locking rear brakes

>From: Vic Erwin
>Subject: FTE 80-96 - Locking rear brakes
>
>When my truck's cold, the first couple of stops the brakes are VERY
>sensitive and the rears lock up. After it warms up it gets normal. Any
>ideas?



Jeeze Vic,
yours does it too?

My 87 E350 and 87 F250 do exactly that. Darn near put you through the
windshield at the end of the driveway! And like other posters mentioned
it is worse in rainy or dew-ish mornings.

There is NOTHING wrong with my E350. Its brakes are perfect.
I have tried every trick I know and even changed lining brands
(Ford to NAPA) to try to avoid this. Annoying isn't it?


Steve Best, Nova Scotia, sbest glinx.com
4 wheel drive van page: http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.glinx.com/users/sbest
Tire chains, camping gear, tools,82 Bronco and some shooting stuff too.







== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 10:59:16 -0300
From: sbest
Subject: FTE 80-96 - Re: Drive to school

>Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 16:03:27 PDT
>From: "Casey Vandor"
>Subject: FTE 80-96 - Re: Drive to school
>
>About leaving it in nuetral. Can I park it in gear and slip it out in
>the morning, or is it too stiff to get it out of gear after it sits
>overnight? I don't use the e-brake at all, (casue I always forget its
>on) but I could chalk a wheel if leaving it in gear overnight is not
>good.

>Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 12:46:12 PDT
>From: "Casey Vandor"
>Subject: FTE 80-96 - Re: drive to school
>
>I understand about the compression thing and all, but I didn't word my
>question right. I was just concerned about when it gets cold up here,
>if I can still get it out of gear ok in the morning, or to leave it in
>neutral and chalk the tires so that I don't have to stand on the clutch
>waiting for the tranny to warm up. While we are on the subject though,
>I am curios if there would be a differnce in parking it in first or
>fourth on a big hill. THe manulas always say to use only first or
>reverse when leaving, why not 2,3 or 4?
>
>Thanks
>Casey


Casey,
Not as cold as Alaska here but we do get touched with -20 once or twice
a year and I have lived and traveled in Quebec quite a bit. -30 there.

I have had several manual transmissions that you could start up the
truck and in -20c weather you could let the clutch out in neutral and
drive down the road due to the thick gear oil dragging the shafts.

Park it in 1st or R gear, it always seems able to shift out of gear.
Don't use you E-Brake in the winter, ever! Darned things often stick.
Push the clutch to start the engine. Takes a lot of load off the starter.
If the engine doesn't start in the first 15 second try, wait 30 seconds
and try again. The battery and starter will be warmer this time.
You have to figure out what the engine needs for pumps/choke + throttle.
Once the engine idles smoothly, slowly let out the clutch but keep a foot
on the brake, like I said, it can move. Don't get out unless you are
positive the vehicle cannot roll away, I don't recommend getting out at all.
30-60 second warm up and drive away easily.

I have used synthetic in my transfer case and notice it is much freer
in cold weather. Should work nice in a manual transmission as well.

The reason you leave the transmission in 1st or reverse is that these
have the lowest ratio, making it hardest for gravity to turn over the
motor. If you have to park on a hill you could even use low range if yours
is a 4x4. If your engine compression is low, chock the wheels or turn them
to the curb.

Conversely, use the higher gears if you ever have to bump start the engine.
2nd will work on a paved hill but 3rd or 4th are needed on gravel.
Have fun!


Steve Best, Nova Scotia, sbest glinx.com
4 wheel drive van page: http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.glinx.com/users/sbest
Tire chains, camping gear, tools,82 Bronco and some shooting stuff too.







== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 11:00:58 -0300
From: sbest
Subject: FTE 80-96 - Re: steering box e-250

>Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 12:13:50 EDT
>From: JSC721 aol.com
>Subject: FTE 80-96 - steering box e-250
>
>hello everyone,
>i have a 89 e-250 van, with 179k on it. i have alot of play in my steering.i
>had the front end checked and the guy told me that the steering box was worn.
>can i buy a new or rebulit one? and how hard is it to install?and if possible
>how much does it cost?
> thanks for the info.
> joe


Howdy Joe,
I have an 87 E350 converted to 4wd. Takes the same steering box and I have
had it out. Put the penetrating oil to the 3 bolts on the box side a day
ahead of time. Oil them up again the next day and use the powerbar on them.

The spacer inside the frame tends to rust and these bolts can loosen up with
time, so try breaking them free and retightening them, or look for the box
moving on the frame when someone wiggles the wheel. The ragjoint often
loosens up, the universals rust and bind up or get play, and the wierdest
steering problem that I have ever had was the steering arm had play on the
spline on my Bronco. Why? I don't know but I had to replace it and the box.

Rebuilt one was $250cdn but I have only ever reinstalled used ones.


Steve Best, Nova Scotia, sbest glinx.com
4 wheel drive van page: http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.glinx.com/users/sbest
Tire chains, camping gear, tools,82 Bronco and some shooting stuff too.







== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 08:04:55 -0600
From: "Smeins, Larry"
Subject: FTE 80-96 - RE: Break Away Mirrors ??

Break away mirrors came as optional equipment on my 95 F-250. Check the
bone yards. I'm sure Ford has offered them for many years.

Larry

>>Hi All,
>
>>Because our (Ford trucks) outside mirrors are so well attached, my
door was
>>ruined, when someone, mad at me, used the sturdiness of the
attachment,
>>like a gymnast, with a kung fu kick. It's costing $500 to fix it.
I would
>>rather have lost a 50-100 bucks mirror! And mad one would have
been on the
>>ground, with a sore tailbone!
>
>>A tight squeeze between trees, too close to a pole, etc., would do
the
same.
>
>>Is there a break-away mirror?
>
>>Thanks in advance,
>
>>Zeb

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 08:10:13 -0600
From: "Smeins, Larry"
Subject: FTE 80-96 - RE: six block drain

This is exactly why I wanted to drain the block after flushing. Present
plan is to put straight anti-freeze in system until proper quantity is in,
based on speced capacity. Then top up with water.

Larry
Rick,
>I'm not that familiar with the 300 six, but I can tell you this.
>During a coolant change, on my 460 (before this summer), I bought a
>flushing kit from prestone. I installed it, per the instructions, and
>flushed the radiator, engine, etc. I located two square drain plugs
>(near the exhaust manifold outlets), and knowing they were block drain
>plugs, decided to pull them. At least a gallon of flush water came out
>of them (garden hose disconnected). I recommend that if you're block
>has one, pull it, you'd be surprised how much water is still in that
>block. If you don't have one, I recommend a 60-65% coolant/water ratio,
>since it will be diluted. Just my 2 cents, but yes, if the block
>doesn't have the drain plugs, yes, there's still plenty of flushing
>water in the block. Hope this helps.

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 09:07:51 -0500
From: "Stephen W. Hansen"
Subject: FTE 80-96 - Ck eng light

My check engine light would flicker, and I decided to try a Jet chip. When
it ran it was great, but for no apperant reason the light would REALLY come
on and the truch would die, mabeee I could start it, sometimes it would run
really bad. Once I removed the chip all would be OK, cept for the
occasionall light flickering. I tried several different Jet chips (With the
compan's help) but finally gave up I sent it back to the seller (NOT JET)
and they lost it/went bankrupt and I was out $250 (OUCH). It was no fun
trying to remove the ford chip assembly in -0 degree weather along side the
road. I did suggest that they build a jumper chip so that IF theirs went bad
you snap if the fake one and it restored the eng to stock configuration
without alot of work.. They said "good idea" and thats as far as it goes. I
reasearched it myself and changed out the O2 sensor and have not had a check
engine light in 30,000. So do I try it again?
As wes said befor, pull the chip, prehape even clear the computer and go
form there. If you still get check engine lights get the comuter read..
Stephen Hansen
92 F250
82 LTD II
50 F-1 (some assembly required)

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 10:25:17 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Jeffrey D. Vlahos"
Subject: FTE 80-96 - Re: FTE 80-96 Dual Exhaust on 95 F150

I am new to this list and have just purchased a 1995 F150 w/ 351. I would like
to know if anyone has put dual exhaust on such a truck or whether it is possible
I would like to put dual flowmasters on if possible. My other question is
whether removing the catalytic converter will hinder performance. Any info or
suggestions would be great
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 09:41:16 -0500
From: "David J. Baldwin"
Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Fog Lights

mrosneck pacifier.com wrote:

> I need to confess that I am not an enthusiast of that gas sucking, wallet draining,
> chunk of 1994 Ford F-250 Supercab iron that could squish my Miata in a single
> bound. However, SHE *is* ...
>
> Any recommendations for air dams or other thoughts?

Yeah! Can't help on fog lights or air dams, but I think you need to take that Miata
and drop either a 302 or 351 in it. 302s are cheaper, and would probably fit better.
This would probably help you understand her need for a hunk of Ford V8 iron! :^)

- --
Dave Baldwin
Dallas, TX
- --------------------------------------------------------------


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 12:08:30 -0300
From: sbest
Subject: FTE 80-96 - Re: Have Tranny Question

>Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 19:15:47 -0700
>From: mparrott thomas.com (Michael Parrott)
>Subject: FTE 80-96 - New: Have Tranny Question
>
>Hello,
>
>I am new to this list, so pardon if this question has been answered already.
>I have a 89' Clubwagon with the C6 3speed tranny. My question is, how
>difficult is it to drain the torque converter, and with everything drained
>what is the correct amount of fluid to put back in?? The two manuals I have,
>seam to contradict each other. Thanks in advance..
>
>Mike Parrott
>


Howdy Mike,
I have a 87 E350 Clubwagon with the C6 3speed tranny as well.
I have done this a couple times and it is not that difficult.

There is a pipe plug (bolt) on the back of the torque converter that
drains it. You know about dropping the pan. The filter is nothing but
a screen on the C6. It is cheap but you can just rinse it if you want.
You can seal the pan up with a new gasket or just use RTV if you wish.
The C6 takes about 12 liters or US quarts. Put 8 in and start the engine.
Let it idle a bit and add 2 more, check the level as it warms up.
Top up as you need to, may not take all 12.






Steve Best, Nova Scotia, sbest glinx.com
4 wheel drive van page: http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.glinx.com/users/sbest
Tire chains, camping gear, tools,82 Bronco and some shooting stuff too.







== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 10:23:38 -0500
From: "Brent McNabb"
Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Fog Lights

Date sent: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 09:41:16 -0500
From: "David J. Baldwin"
Organization: Automotive IC Design
To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Fog Lights
Send reply to: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com

> > I need to confess that I am not an enthusiast of that gas sucking, wallet draining,
> > chunk of 1994 Ford F-250 Supercab iron that could squish my Miata in a single
> > bound. However, SHE *is* ...
> >
> > Any recommendations for air dams or other thoughts?
>
> Yeah! Can't help on fog lights or air dams, but I think you need to take that Miata
> and drop either a 302 or 351 in it. 302s are cheaper, and would probably fit better.
> This would probably help you understand her need for a hunk of Ford V8 iron! :^)

Funny you should mention this. There was a V-8 conversion for
Miatas released, called the Monster I believe, and it used a 302
HO engine from a late model Mustang. Only changed needed in
the outward appearance of the Miata was a slight bulge in the
middle of the hood, to clear the upper intake manifold. I don't
exactly remember the mechanical changes, it was in a 'Hot Rod'
type magazine a little after the Miata became popular.
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 09:22:14 -0700
From: "Gerald L. Hinkle Jr. CPA"
Subject: FTE 80-96 - Fuel system problem

Hey list people, great list service huh? I am experiencing a problem with
the fuel system on my 1994 F-350 Crew Cab 4x4. This truck has dual tanks.
Lately I have not been able to run all of the fuel out of the rear tank.
My experience is that on a long drive the rear tank will effectively run
out of gas when there is still slightly 1/4 of a tank of fuel left. I
promptly switch to the front tank to keep on truckin'. Funny thing is that
later in the day or even on the same drive I sometimes am able to switch
back to the rear tank and complete consumption of the remaining 1/4 of a
tank. Sounds like a breather problem but I have pulled over after
experiencing the early "shut down" and removing the cap doesn't help, no
sucking noise can be heard. Can anyone give me a hint as to what is going
on here? Thanks in advance. Also for all of you T-Shirt designers out
there, be sure to have only something small in the upper left of the front
and put all of the colorful graphics on the back, those types of shirts
sell much better than those with the artwork splashed all over the front.

Jerry Hinkle Jr. CPA
"RULEMAKER" 94 F-350 Crew Cab 4x4
"LTS-ROK" 80 JEEP CJ-5
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 09:10:23 -0700
From: Robert Whitley
Subject: FTE 80-96 - 94 E350 Alignment and Ride

Hello,

I just re-subscribed and wouldn't be surprised if this is a frequent topic
of discussion. So, apologies if this is old ground, and please e-mail me
privately if you think it is appropriate.

I have an 1994 E350 regular van with a 7.3 diesel. Right now it pulls to
the left and bounces all over the road at freeway speeds. The tires are OK
but not great. I'm going to check tire pressures, wheel balance, alignment,
and shocks. Does anybody have any alignment recommendations or any
suggestions about other things to check?


My friend says that this is just the way they are. Somebody else said that
1500 lb over the rear axle would fix the problem. In any case, I thought
I'd ask if anybody out there has a van which works better at freeway speeds.

Thanks. Rob
=============
rwhitley kaitain.sp.trw.com

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 13:35:02 +0000
From: Garr&Pam
Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Re: FTE 80-96 Dual Exhaust on 95 F150

Jeffrey D. Vlahos wrote:
>
> I am new to this list and have just purchased a 1995 F150 w/ 351. I would like
> to know if anyone has put dual exhaust on such a truck or whether it is possible
> I would like to put dual flowmasters on if possible. My other question is
> whether removing the catalytic converter will hinder performance. Any info or
> suggestions would be great

You can use Lightning exhaust products on your truck...you could get an
h pipe from bassani or mac(I think) and a cat back exhaust from bassani
or borla! Watch it though it gets expensive as borla and bassani are
made of stainless steel. The quality of bassani products is UNMATCHED!
Chris
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 13:39:04 -0400
From: John Kanyan
Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Fuel system problem

Gerald..I had the same prob on a 92 drove my self crazy tryin to figure it
out.I replaced every thing that made sense. As a last effort I replaced the
fuel pump in the tank . End of problem. I still dont know why it would run
fine down to 1/4 and then shut off but it fixed it. you can check to see if
this is what is happening by checking fuel pressure on your fuel rail when
it shuts off. Hope that helps. John
At 09:22 AM 9/16/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Hey list people, great list service huh? I am experiencing a problem with
>the fuel system on my 1994 F-350 Crew Cab 4x4. This truck has dual tanks.
>Lately I have not been able to run all of the fuel out of the rear tank.
>My experience is that on a long drive the rear tank will effectively run
>out of gas when there is still slightly 1/4 of a tank of fuel left. I
>promptly switch to the front tank to keep on truckin'. Funny thing is that
>later in the day or even on the same drive I sometimes am able to switch
>back to the rear tank and complete consumption of the remaining 1/4 of a
>tank. Sounds like a breather problem but I have pulled over after
>experiencing the early "shut down" and removing the cap doesn't help, no
>sucking noise can be heard. Can anyone give me a hint as to what is going
>on here? Thanks in advance. Also for all of you T-Shirt designers out
>there, be sure to have only something small in the upper left of the front
>and put all of the colorful graphics on the back, those types of shirts
>sell much better than those with the artwork splashed all over the front.
>
>Jerry Hinkle Jr. CPA
>"RULEMAKER" 94 F-350 Crew Cab 4x4
>"LTS-ROK" 80 JEEP CJ-5
>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>
>
John Kanyan

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 15:17:45 -0500
From: Randy Robb
Subject: FTE 80-96 - RE New: Have Tranny Question

If the torque converter doesn't have a drain plug, then disconnect the
tranny return line (from the radiator) and remove/replace one quart of
ATF at a time by turning the vehicle on and off. It's a little messy,
use a hose and bucket to capture the old ATF. The pump will expel a
quart pretty fast. A case (12 quarts) of ATF should flush the pan and
most of the torque converter.

From: Michael Parrott
To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
Date: Tuesday, September 15, 1998 9:27 PM
Subject: FTE 80-96 - New: Have Tranny Question


>Hello,
>
>I am new to this list, so pardon if this question has been answered
already. I have a 89' Clubwagon with the C6 3speed tranny. My question
is,
how difficult is it to drain the torque converter, and with everything
drained what is the correct amount of fluid to put back in?? The two
manuals I have, seam to contradict each other. Thanks in advance..
>
>Mike Parrott
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 15:29:42 -0500
From: Ron Madurski
Subject: RE: FTE 80-96 - Body parts

I finnally found them again...

try:

http:\www.murphysautobodyparts.com ruck.html

I've gotten corner parts from them, reasonably priced and prompt.

- -----Original Message-----
From: Chad A. Dietrich [mailto:machz pconline.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 1998 3:31 PM
To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: FTE 80-96 - Body parts


Does anyone know of a website that has body parts for the F-150's. And a
site that has varios stock equipment

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 19:27:50 -0400
From: mike
Subject: FTE 80-96 - Camshafts and intake vacuum relationship

Help! I had my 1992 F-150 5.0L engine rebuilt. I told the engine shop
that I would like more low end torque, as I use this vehicle to pull a
good size horse trailer. They installed a Ford Motorsoport cam used for
RV's. Now I have an intake vacuum of 15", as opposed to the 20" that the
computer seems to need to operate the engine correctly. Does anyone know
if installing this type of cam would actually have this effect on the
vacuum? All sensors on the motor show good readings. If the MAP sensor
is fooled into thinking there is 20" of vacuum then the engine runs
better. The symptoms associated with this low vacuum problem are: no
power, and stalls when left idle, and stalls immediatly when put in
drive or reverse. Any insight into this situation would be greatly
appreciated.Thanks Mike W

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 20:09:07 -0000
From: "Radoje Spasojevic"
Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Fuel system problem

The in-tank fuel pumps in Ford trucks use the fuel in the tank to cool them,
it could be that the motor in the pump is getting worn out and overheating
when the fuel level gets too low to adequately cool it...just a thought.

Rade
- -----Original Message-----
From: John Kanyan
To: 80-96-list ford-trucks.com
Date: Wednesday, September 16, 1998 5:48 PM
Subject: Re: FTE 80-96 - Fuel system problem


>Gerald..I had the same prob on a 92 drove my self crazy tryin to figure it
>out.I replaced every thing that made sense. As a last effort I replaced
the
>fuel pump in the tank . End of problem. I still dont know why it would run
>fine down to 1/4 and then shut off but it fixed it. you can check to see if
>this is what is happening by checking fuel pressure on your fuel rail when
>it shuts off. Hope that helps. John
>At 09:22 AM 9/16/98 -0700, you wrote:
>>Hey list people, great list service huh? I am experiencing a problem with
>>the fuel system on my 1994 F-350 Crew Cab 4x4. This truck has dual tanks.
>>Lately I have not been able to run all of the fuel out of the rear tank.
>>My experience is that on a long drive the rear tank will effectively run
>>out of gas when there is still slightly 1/4 of a tank of fuel left. I
>>promptly switch to the front tank to keep on truckin'. Funny thing is
that
>>later in the day or even on the same drive I sometimes am able to switch
>>back to the rear tank and complete consumption of the remaining 1/4 of a
>>tank. Sounds like a breather problem but I have pulled over after
>>experiencing the early "shut down" and removing the cap doesn't help, no
>>sucking noise can be heard. Can anyone give me a hint as to what is going
>>on here? Thanks in advance. Also for all of you T-Shirt designers out
>>there, be sure to have only something small in the upper left of the front
>>and put all of the colorful graphics on the back, those types of shirts
>>sell much better than those with the artwork splashed all over the front.
>>
>>Jerry Hinkle Jr. CPA
>>"RULEMAKER" 94 F-350 Crew Cab 4x4
>>"LTS-ROK" 80 JEEP CJ-5
>>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>>
>>
>John Kanyan
>
>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: 16 Sep 1998 21:24:26 EDT
From: Hawk sktc.net
Subject: FTE 80-96 - Re: Locking rear brakes

80> Jeeze Vic,
80>yours does it too?

80> My 87 E350 and 87 F250 do exactly that. Darn near put you through the
80>windshield at the end of the driveway! And like other posters mentioned
80>it is worse in rainy or dew-ish mornings.

80> There is NOTHING wrong with my E350. Its brakes are perfect.
80>I have tried every trick I know and even changed lining brands
80>(Ford to NAPA) to try to avoid this. Annoying isn't it?


80>Steve Best, Nova Scotia, sbest ....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.