Received: with LISTAR (v1.0.0; list 61-79-list); Mon, 05 Feb 2001 16:36:55 -0500 (EST)
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 16:36:55 -0500 (EST)
From: Ford Truck Enthusiasts List Server <listar ford-trucks.com>
To: 61-79-list digest users <listar ford-trucks.com>
Reply-to: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: 61-79-list Digest V2001 #37
Precedence: list

==========================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts 1961-1979 Truck  Mailing  List

Visit our  web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com

To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
the words "unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the subject  of  the
message.
==========================================================

Serious help restoring and maintaining your Ford truck!
----------------------------------------------------------
Check out the following items in our online store:
1961-1979 Factory Service (Shop) Manuals on CD-ROM
1961-1967 Factory Service (Shop) Manuals (Printed)
1963-1967 Wiring Diagrams
1957-1972 Ford Truck Illustrated Facts and Features manuals
1963-1967 Ford factory Engine Assembly Manuals
1961-1970 Ford Truck Body, Trim and Interior Assembly/Disassembly manuals

<a href="http://www.motorhaven.com/">
http://www.motorhaven.com/</a>

----------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------
61-79-list Digest Sun, 04 Feb 2001 Volume: 2001  Issue: 037

In This Issue:
Re: Pigeon Forge Auto Need?  (Was Any kind of vacations)
Re: Pigeon Forge Auto Need?  (Was Any kind of vacations)
Re: Welcome Back WICwby20!
Survey
Re: f250 4x4 chassis
Re: Buying a rebuilt engine
Re: Pigeon Forge Auto Need?  (Was Any kind of vacations)
Re: Pigeon Forge Auto Need?  (Was Any kind of vacations)
Headers
Re: f250 4x4 chassis
Re: Survey
Re: Pigeon Forge Auto Need?  (Was Any kind of vacations)
'79 F-350 Update and Emerg. Brake Cable ?
Re: Survey
Re: Pigeon Forge Auto Need?  (Was Any kind of vacations)
Re: Pigeon Forge Auto Need?  (Was Any kind of vacations)
Re: '79 F-350 Update and Emerg. Brake Cable ?
Re: Pigeon Forge Auto Need?  (Was Any kind of vacations)
Finally got some work done
79 F-350 Update and Emerg. Brake Cable ?
Re: '79 F-350 Update and Emerg. Brake Cable ?
ADMIN: F100 Supernats Flyer now online
460/balancer/front seal
Where was it ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "Tim Bowman" <tkbowman qwest.net>
Subject: Re: Pigeon Forge Auto Need?  (Was Any kind of vacations)
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 17:26:23 -0800


Gary:

Since you've been to PF, can you tell me if it's absolutely necessary to
have a car?  I'm going this year (have plane tickets and hotel
reservations), but thought I would just get a shuttle to the HJ and park
myself in the middle of the action for Thursday - Sunday.  I'd try to attend
the tech sessions and as many events as I could.



Tim Bowman
Burien, WA
tkbowman qwest.net
website: www.users.qwest.net/~tkbowman
(Pacific NW Carshow information & more)

Gary wrote:

From: "GaryBBB" <gpeters3 lni.net>
Subject: Re: Any kind of vacations
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 06:41:36 -0800


Take a week and go to Pigeon Forge during the F Series Grand Nationals and
you will have a different perspective.  Until a couple of years ago I had
not had a "Real" vacation either, stayed home and worked on the house or
truck etc.. but once I tried it I'm hooked.  There may be other things to do
on vacation but PF happens to be a few hours away from two of my kids and
smack in the middle of the Smokey mountains which is some really beautiful
country, Purdy as Wyoming in my book :-)  Last year we spent a week there
and ran out of time to see what we wanted to see.

<remainder snipped>
--
Happily Retired (but broke)
Michigan Pot Hole Jumping,
78 Bronco Loving, Gary
--



------------------------------

From: huston kudzumedia.com
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 21:01:20 -0500
Subject: Re: Pigeon Forge Auto Need?  (Was Any kind of vacations)


I suggest that you plan at least one day to rent a car and check
out the Great Smokies National Park, particularly Cades Cove and,
if you are healthy enough, take a trail walk somewhere that gets
you a mile or two away from pavement. You will see beauty that
very few people ever see. Most people stay within 1/2 mile of a
parking lot. I've been on every continent except Antartica and there
is no place as beautiful (course I am also biased since I am from
the mountains of east Tennessee). Unless you like tourist traps,
stay away from Gatlinburg, Cherokee and even Pigeon Forge itself.

Virgil

On 4 Feb 2001, at 17:26, Tim Bowman wrote:

From:           "Tim Bowman" <tkbowman qwest.net>
To:             <61-79-list ford-trucks.com>
Subject:         [61-79-list] Re: Pigeon Forge Auto Need?  (Was
Any kind of vacations)
Date sent:       Sun, 4 Feb 2001 17:26:23 -0800
Send reply to:   61-79-list ford-trucks.com

> ----------------------------------------------------------
> Support FTE - Check out our store:
> http://www.motorhaven.com/
> ----------------------------------------------------------
>
> Gary:
>
> Since you've been to PF, can you tell me if it's absolutely necessary
> to have a car?  I'm going this year (have plane tickets and hotel
> reservations), but thought I would just get a shuttle to the HJ and
> park myself in the middle of the action for Thursday - Sunday.  I'd
> try to attend the tech sessions and as many events as I could.
>
>
>
> Tim Bowman
> Burien, WA
> tkbowman qwest.net
> website: www.users.qwest.net/~tkbowman
> (Pacific NW Carshow information & more)
>
> Gary wrote:
>
> From: "GaryBBB" <gpeters3 lni.net>
> Subject: Re: Any kind of vacations
> Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 06:41:36 -0800
>
>
> Take a week and go to Pigeon Forge during the F Series Grand Nationals
> and you will have a different perspective.  Until a couple of years
> ago I had not had a "Real" vacation either, stayed home and worked on
> the house or truck etc.. but once I tried it I'm hooked.  There may be
> other things to do on vacation but PF happens to be a few hours away
> from two of my kids and smack in the middle of the Smokey mountains
> which is some really beautiful country, Purdy as Wyoming in my book
> :-)  Last year we spent a week there and ran out of time to see what
> we wanted to see.
>
> <remainder snipped>
> --
> Happily Retired (but broke)
> Michigan Pot Hole Jumping,
> 78 Bronco Loving, Gary
> --
>
>
> =============================================================
> To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
> Please remove this footer when replying.
>
>



------------------------------

Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 18:22:25 -0800 (PST)
From: none <whidbeyslow yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Welcome Back WICwby20!


> From: WICwby20 aol.com
> Subject: Hello Again List
>
> Just wanted to drop a line saying hello to all of
you. Its been about 6 months since i was subscribed to
this list...-SNIP-

 Welcome back!

> Sad part is most of my projects are gone...-SNIP-

 Well go out and get some more! You cannot and I mean
CANNOT have too many Ford Trucks! (wink, wink)
                                         Scott

__________________________________________________
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35
a year!  http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

------------------------------

From: "Azie L. Magnusson" <maggie11 HiWAAY.net>
Subject: Survey
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 21:08:28 -0600

David O'N. writes:  >>I had the same problem, he made a link
because some email programs wont just pick up anything that
is www.something.com. you should be going to
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://us.votenow.de/?103760 that should work.<<

Thank you David.  I apparently got the same thing someone else did,
because it didn't relate to FTE in any way.  I filled it out anyway, but
after checking the above site, I filled this one out also.  It makes more
sence to me.  However on the list of "Lists" I could not find the
"Performance List" listed...???  Anyone else notice that???


Azie Magnusson
Ardmore, Al.


------------------------------

From: JJJJJGRANT aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 22:48:20 EST
Subject: Re: f250 4x4 chassis


not sure of year, i'm near atlanta, ga, i need 1000.00 for it.

------------------------------

From: "Tim and Pam Allgire" <tim-pam williams-net.com>
Subject: Re: Buying a rebuilt engine
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 23:26:21 -0500


Jasper engines seem to be o.k. also.
-----Original Message-----
From: GaryBBB <gpeters3 lni.net>
To: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com <61-79-list ford-trucks.com>
Date: Saturday, February 03, 2001 9:14 AM
Subject: [61-79-list] Re: Buying a rebuilt engine


>----------------------------------------------------------
>Support FTE - Check out our store:
>http://www.motorhaven.com/
>----------------------------------------------------------
>
>The main problem with Re-Manufactured engines it that they use every part
>over even if they are marginal and you get things like cranks ground with
>different size bearings on each throw and sometimes even cylinder bores
that
>are not all the same etc....
>
>In my experience you are just as likely to get a poor mechanic/machine shop
>to help you rebuild one yourself as you are to get a bad one from a Re-Man
>company so choose what you feel best suits your ability and time and
>finances.  A re-man will almost always be cheaper for a full rebuild than
>doing it yourself if you don't have equipment to make it easy such as
engine
>stands, engine hoist and at least one helper (free helper that is).  If you
>already have all this equipment and have the urge to learn about it and
time
>to spare (it's not your primary vehicle) then build one yourself :-)
>
>--
>Happily Retired (but broke)
>Michigan Pot Hole Jumping,
>78 Bronco Loving, Gary
>--
>
>> I'm considering United Engine, since they're probably the cheapest
>> even with freight charges. What do you think?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Ben
>
>=============================================================
>To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
>Please remove this footer when replying.
>


------------------------------

From: "Tim and Pam Allgire" <tim-pam williams-net.com>
Subject: Re: Pigeon Forge Auto Need?  (Was Any kind of vacations)
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 23:36:00 -0500


Pigeon Forge is great.  My wife & I  go there about 2 or 3 times a yr. for
car & truck shows. We always have a great time & the turnout for the shows
are usually pretty awesome.  The F-100  nats. are spectacular !!!
Christmas time is also beautiful  with all the light  displays.  We live in
Montpelier,Ohio.  Its about an 8  1/2  hour drive for us to get to Pigeon
Forge.  I wish it were closer.
-----Original Message-----
From: huston kudzumedia.com <huston kudzumedia.com>
To: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com <61-79-list ford-trucks.com>
Date: Sunday, February 04, 2001 9:05 PM
Subject: [61-79-list] Re: Pigeon Forge Auto Need? (Was Any kind of
vacations)


>----------------------------------------------------------
>Support FTE - Check out our store:
>http://www.motorhaven.com/
>----------------------------------------------------------
>
>I suggest that you plan at least one day to rent a car and check
>out the Great Smokies National Park, particularly Cades Cove and,
>if you are healthy enough, take a trail walk somewhere that gets
>you a mile or two away from pavement. You will see beauty that
>very few people ever see. Most people stay within 1/2 mile of a
>parking lot. I've been on every continent except Antartica and there
>is no place as beautiful (course I am also biased since I am from
>the mountains of east Tennessee). Unless you like tourist traps,
>stay away from Gatlinburg, Cherokee and even Pigeon Forge itself.
>
>Virgil
>
>On 4 Feb 2001, at 17:26, Tim Bowman wrote:
>
>From:           "Tim Bowman" <tkbowman qwest.net>
>To:             <61-79-list ford-trucks.com>
>Subject:        [61-79-list] Re: Pigeon Forge Auto Need?  (Was
>Any kind of vacations)
>Date sent:      Sun, 4 Feb 2001 17:26:23 -0800
>Send reply to:  61-79-list ford-trucks.com
>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------
>> Support FTE - Check out our store:
>> http://www.motorhaven.com/
>> ----------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Gary:
>>
>> Since you've been to PF, can you tell me if it's absolutely necessary
>> to have a car?  I'm going this year (have plane tickets and hotel
>> reservations), but thought I would just get a shuttle to the HJ and
>> park myself in the middle of the action for Thursday - Sunday.  I'd
>> try to attend the tech sessions and as many events as I could.
>>
>>
>>
>> Tim Bowman
>> Burien, WA
>> tkbowman qwest.net
>> website: www.users.qwest.net/~tkbowman
>> (Pacific NW Carshow information & more)
>>
>> Gary wrote:
>>
>> From: "GaryBBB" <gpeters3 lni.net>
>> Subject: Re: Any kind of vacations
>> Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 06:41:36 -0800
>>
>>
>> Take a week and go to Pigeon Forge during the F Series Grand Nationals
>> and you will have a different perspective.  Until a couple of years
>> ago I had not had a "Real" vacation either, stayed home and worked on
>> the house or truck etc.. but once I tried it I'm hooked.  There may be
>> other things to do on vacation but PF happens to be a few hours away
>> from two of my kids and smack in the middle of the Smokey mountains
>> which is some really beautiful country, Purdy as Wyoming in my book
>> :-)  Last year we spent a week there and ran out of time to see what
>> we wanted to see.
>>
>> <remainder snipped>
>> --
>> Happily Retired (but broke)
>> Michigan Pot Hole Jumping,
>> 78 Bronco Loving, Gary
>> --
>>
>>
>> =============================================================
>> To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
>> Please remove this footer when replying.
>>
>>
>
>
>=============================================================
>To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
>Please remove this footer when replying.
>


------------------------------

From: ToOlJuNkY4 aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 00:03:14 EST
Subject: Re: Pigeon Forge Auto Need?  (Was Any kind of vacations)


When is PF this year i got to know so i can have my truck ready, and get my
plans together! if anyone find out! give me a holar
Nick

------------------------------

From: "John Webster" <jwebster tnt21.com>
Subject: Headers
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 06:35:52 -0500

A question for anyone who can help. Does anyone on the list run L&L headers? If so could you drop me a line off list, I'm curious about the fenderwell and in frame and how each are routed by people. Also any pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Someone had provided some pictures for me once before, but my terminal hard disk failure wiped everything.

Regards,

John
'77 F150 4X4 466/C6/4:11's/33's


------------------------------

From: "Daniel Beiers" <dbeiers rmpprestress.com>
Subject: Re: f250 4x4 chassis
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 06:59:12 -0700


oh, well, too far and too rich for my blood.

thanks
Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: 61-79-list-bounce ford-trucks.com
[mailto:61-79-list-bounce ford-trucks.com]On Behalf Of
JJJJJGRANT aol.com
Sent: Sunday, February 04, 2001 8:48 PM
To: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: [61-79-list] Re: f250 4x4 chassis


----------------------------------------------------------
Support FTE - Check out our store:
http://www.motorhaven.com/
----------------------------------------------------------

not sure of year, i'm near atlanta, ga, i need 1000.00 for it.
=============================================================
To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
Please remove this footer when replying.



------------------------------

Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 09:10:34 -0700
From: "William Whited (Tony)" <f10074 ford-trucks.com>
Subject: Re: Survey


I saw that to.

"Azie L. Magnusson" wrote:

> Thank you David.  I apparently got the same thing someone else did,
> because it didn't relate to FTE in any way.  I filled it out anyway, but
> after checking the above site, I filled this one out also.  It makes more
> sence to me.  However on the list of "Lists" I could not find the
> "Performance List" listed...???  Anyone else notice that???

--
William (Tony) Whited
74 F350 Ranger XLT Super Camper Special 460
77 F150 Custom 460
El Paso, TX
Semper Fi



------------------------------

From: "Tim and Pam Allgire" <tim-pam williams-net.com>
Subject: Re: Pigeon Forge Auto Need?  (Was Any kind of vacations)
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 09:09:15 -0500


go to the site :    www.pigeon-forge.tn.us    & somewhere on there is a
calender of events  & it should be listed there. I do beleive that its on
the weekend of the  19th & 20th of May.  Be sure to double check to make
sure.
-----Original Message-----
From: ToOlJuNkY4 aol.com <ToOlJuNkY4 aol.com>
To: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com <61-79-list ford-trucks.com>
Date: Monday, February 05, 2001 12:16 AM
Subject: [61-79-list] Re: Pigeon Forge Auto Need? (Was Any kind of
vacations)


>----------------------------------------------------------
>Support FTE - Check out our store:
>http://www.motorhaven.com/
>----------------------------------------------------------
>
>When is PF this year i got to know so i can have my truck ready, and get my
>plans together! if anyone find out! give me a holar
>Nick
>=============================================================
>To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
>Please remove this footer when replying.
>
>


------------------------------

Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 06:11:42 -0800 (PST)
From: Eric Finn <ecfinn yahoo.com>
Subject: '79 F-350 Update and Emerg. Brake Cable ?


Hey all,

I know its been kinds quiet around here the last couple days after the
electrical class letup <VBG> so I thought I'd give you all an update on my
F-350.  I've been too quiet lately anyway...  :-)

Well I bit the bullett a few weeks ago and took the truck to my buddies
garage.  I just didn't have the time to do all it needed in a reasonable
amount of time (and besides its just too #$% # cold around here.)  My
brakes now work fine (they better after replacing pretty much every
hydraulic component after the master cylinder...  (Front calipers, rear
wheel cylinders, proportioning valve, front pads, & two front hoses.)
Ouch!  He also fixed my gas tank for $100.  He bent up two pieces of 2"
wide steel and wrapped them around the tank, bolted them to the frame and
bolted them to the cross-members.  It looks good!  I also got the exhaust
fixed (new pipes from manifolds to stacks behind the cab.)

My truck now only needs two things to pass inspection.  The 3" dropped
drag link (I'll either get it from Rocky mountain suspension or the
superlift one).

Now here's my question.  It also needs new emergency brake cables.  They
are fraid at the split from the front cable to the two rear cables.  I
vaguely remember a conversation a while back about where to find cables
for lifted trucks.  This truck has a 6" lift on it and the current cables
are somewhat tight.  Is my best bet just to take the older cables off and
try to get a parts store to match them up?  Did someone have a source for
these cables in the last conversation?  Have other people found shops that
will make up custom cables?  Anyone know of one that'll help me?

Ok, ok enough questions.  TIA for any help!

Its almost done...

Later,

Eric Finn
'78 Bronco "The Beast" (Project in progress)
'79 F-350 4x4 "Fred" (Almost inspected!)
'95 Mustang GT "Beauty" (Daily driver until I get a truck done)

__________________________________________________
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35
a year!  http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

------------------------------

From: "GaryBBB" <gpeters3 lni.net>
Subject: Re: Survey
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 08:27:15 -0800


I clicked on the url Ken listed in his original post but deleted the Href
stuff first and it worked just fine for me but I use Netscape not microslop
:-) What I did was click "Reply" so I could edit it, deleted the stuff that
was not a legal part of the URL and it turned blue and I clicked on it and
it worked, first time out of the box :-)

Ken should have been more careful to edit the line and put it on a line by
itself so it was more elegant for non-literate users but the info was there
if you could dig it out :-)

If you have your mailer set to automatically load a browser when you click
on a legal address then it should be very simple.  To help people with
non-elegant mailers I always put addresses on separate lines to avoid
confusion but any mailer should be able to pick out an address in the midst
of other text as well.....If its syntax is recognizable which this one
wasn't as it appeared in Ken's post.  It appears that he simply copied it
from something that left some illegal text in the syntax and forgot to edit
it which goes to show that even Ken isn't perfect :-) (not that he claims to
be:-))

--
Happily Retired (but broke)
Michigan Pot Hole Jumping,
78 Bronco Loving, Gary
--

> I saw that to.
>
> "Azie L. Magnusson" wrote:
>
> > Thank you David.  I apparently got the same thing someone else did,
> > because it didn't relate to FTE in any way.  I filled it out anyway, but
> > after checking the above site, I filled this one out also.  It
> makes more
> > sence to me.  However on the list of "Lists" I could not find the
> > "Performance List" listed...???  Anyone else notice that???
>
> --
> William (Tony) Whited


------------------------------

From: "GaryBBB" <gpeters3 lni.net>
Subject: Re: Pigeon Forge Auto Need?  (Was Any kind of vacations)
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 08:45:04 -0800


We went out west through the mountains and wound up in a little town with a
little dress shop where there was a lot of new building going on and found
the drive relaxing and interesting and my wife had lots of fun trying on
dresses and swim suits.  We went to Cherokee and Gatlinburg and I agree,
there is no parking in Gatlinburg and it's 100% commercial.  We never got
out to the craft shops but will next visit, just don't plan on eatin there
unless you are healthy and can walk up and down hills several blocks from
your car to get to the resturant, they don't have their own parking in most
cases.  It's a beautiful town to drive through though, kind a like Vegas.
If you do hang a left and go in that direction, take the bypass and go on
out to Cherokee just for the drive but Cherokee is another trap IMHO unless
you really want some Indian craft stuff.  Just be carefull, lots of that
kind of stuff is not made by the residents, it's shipped in.  Pick stuff up
and look for Manufacture tags and you will be very disappointed most of the
time, I have been.

PF, OTOH is designed to be convenient for shoppers and eaters alike but it's
not very scenic.  My wife enjoyed browsing the curio shops all along the
strip and we picked a different resturant for every meal.  There are ways to
have fun even in PF :-)  We both enjoyed DollyWood and prices were
reasonable (much more than I thought they would be).

We spent most of our time in the mountains, driving and just sitting on the
rocks and looking at the hills and trees and at the top you have to have a
jacket even on a hot day so be prepared :-)  We met some bikers up there in
T shirts and they were all shivering :-)  If you stop at the Tourist station
to the right as you enter the park and get some maps it will help a lot and
there are some tapes that actually talk you through the park which we
enjoyed listening to as well.  There are water falls which you have to get
out and walk to so we didn't go last year but this year my wife is getting
around without the wheel chair so we hope to do a little "mild" hiking to
see some of them.  Go to one of the local grocery stores, get stuff for a
picknick so you don't have to rush back to get dinner and stop and soak it
up, it's great :-)

--
Happily Retired (but broke)
Michigan Pot Hole Jumping,
78 Bronco Loving, Gary
--

> I suggest that you plan at least one day to rent a car and check
> out the Great Smokies National Park, particularly Cades Cove and,
> if you are healthy enough, take a trail walk somewhere that gets
> you a mile or two away from pavement. You will see beauty that
> very few people ever see. Most people stay within 1/2 mile of a
> parking lot. I've been on every continent except Antartica and there
> is no place as beautiful (course I am also biased since I am from
> the mountains of east Tennessee). Unless you like tourist traps,
> stay away from Gatlinburg, Cherokee and even Pigeon Forge itself.
>
> Virgil


------------------------------

From: "GaryBBB" <gpeters3 lni.net>
Subject: Re: Pigeon Forge Auto Need?  (Was Any kind of vacations)
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 08:53:37 -0800


There are resturants very close to the Grand which are good.  The Apple Tree
right next to it is very good if you like "Family" sytle resturants.  It's
basically one long strip of hotels and resturants so how badly you need a
car depends on your health and craving for different food I guess but hotels
near the truck show are full 6 months before the show so the shuttle will be
necessary probably and there is one to DollyWood if that interests you too
so you can actually get around pretty well without a car but I don't
recommend this if you are not able to walk long distances and enjoy it.  The
show can keep an interested person very busy for the 4 days without getting
bored but if you have family don't count on this being enough for them,
trust me :-)

Last year my wife was in an electric wheel chair most of the time and we
actually went several blocks in both directions from the Grand (where we
stay) with her in the chair and me running behind trying to keep up.  I had
to keep after her so she didn't run into people in her enthusiasm :-)  I'm
thinking about a remote for it so I can turn it off when she gets carried
away:-)

--
Happily Retired (but broke)
Michigan Pot Hole Jumping,
78 Bronco Loving, Gary
--

> Gary:
>
> Since you've been to PF, can you tell me if it's absolutely necessary to
> have a car?  I'm going this year (have plane tickets and hotel
> reservations), but thought I would just get a shuttle to the HJ and park
> myself in the middle of the action for Thursday - Sunday.  I'd
> try to attend
> the tech sessions and as many events as I could.
>
>
>
> Tim Bowman


------------------------------

From: "GaryBBB" <gpeters3 lni.net>
Subject: Re: '79 F-350 Update and Emerg. Brake Cable ?
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 08:59:24 -0800


Try NAPA and ask for cables for a high boy.  They use the same axles so the
ends should be the same but make sure before you buy, just a thought.  I got
my "Obsolete" cables from them for my 78 bronco :-)  Had them next day :-)
They may also know a custom cable company in the ares they can recommend to
you as well, mine did but I didn't need them.

--
Happily Retired (but broke)
Michigan Pot Hole Jumping,
78 Bronco Loving, Gary
--

> Now here's my question.  It also needs new emergency brake cables.  They
> are fraid at the split from the front cable to the two rear cables.  I
> vaguely remember a conversation a while back about where to find cables
> for lifted trucks.  This truck has a 6" lift on it and the current cables
> are somewhat tight.  Is my best bet just to take the older cables off and
> try to get a parts store to match them up?  Did someone have a source for
> these cables in the last conversation?  Have other people found shops that
> will make up custom cables?  Anyone know of one that'll help me?


------------------------------

From: "GaryBBB" <gpeters3 lni.net>
Subject: Re: Pigeon Forge Auto Need?  (Was Any kind of vacations)
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 09:06:22 -0800


BTW, if you happen to buy the video put out by Video Bob at last year's show
my wife is in it in her Red Jazzy Wheel chair.  She made friends with Bob's
wife while we were there and they stuck her in it for kicks :-)  They didn't
catch her doing donuts in the parking lot though :-)  Video Bob retired last
year and a new family took over the show (video part of it).  They were a
pretty cool couple, hope to see them again there.  He built a very nice flat
head roadster truck out of junk parts for $1500 just to see if he could and
drove it to the show.  I took several picture of it :-)

--
Happily Retired (but broke)
Michigan Pot Hole Jumping,
78 Bronco Loving, Gary
--

> Last year my wife was in an electric wheel chair most of the time and we
> actually went several blocks in both directions from the Grand (where we
> stay) with her in the chair and me running behind trying to keep
> up.  I had
> to keep after her so she didn't run into people in her enthusiasm :-)  I'm
> thinking about a remote for it so I can turn it off when she gets carried
> away:-)


------------------------------

From: "wish" <wish ford-trucks.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 17:25:48 GMT
Subject: Finally got some work done


Was finally able to find a few hours to work on the truck this weekend.  The
mundane part of putting the tailpipe hanger back on so it didn't bang on the
trailer hitch any more was tedious and boring, but the fun of replacing a rear
shock was there (had to cut it off on top because the nut was rusted to the
shaft.

Here's a tip I found though, if you want to use poly bushings on the upper portion
of your rear shocks (mine were the type that you just thread a nut onto).  I
have some old end links from Mustang sway bars laying around with the factory
poly on them.  I trimmed off one side so that it was completely flat and left
the nub on the other side so it would center in the hole.  Turns out the hole
on the truck is bigger so the centering feature didn't work right, but by trimming
them down the threads will just start ... thread it down til there are a couple
showing and viola, you've got poly bushings on the shocks :)

Now if I could just find bushings for the top of the fronts on the weird 74
4x4 spring perch ...

Oh yeah, next up : thermostat, heater core, oil change, lower radiator hose.


Just my $.02
wish

96 Mustang GT 5spd 4.6L
73ish 1/2ton 4x4   6.4L
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.public.iastate.edu/~wish

Ford Truck Enthusiasts
http://www.ford-trucks.com

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 09:10:29 -0800 (PST)
From: James Oxley <joxenburger yahoo.com>
Subject: 79 F-350 Update and Emerg. Brake Cable ?


This truck has a 6" lift on it and the current cables
> are somewhat tight.  Is my best bet just to take the
older cables off and
> try to get a parts store to match them up?  Did
someone have a source for
> these cables in the last conversation?  Have other
people found shops that
> will make up custom cables?  Anyone know of one
that'll help me?
>

If the hi-boy cables don't work, you could try this
place.

Custom Cables
13230 east firestone blvd
Unit K
Santa Fe Springs, Ca., 90670
562-802-1122

You must send them your old cable and tell them what
overall length you want. Pretty pricey (like 70$), but
they make a real nice cable with "vinyl" coating over
full length of internal cable and outer casing is
plastic covered also with seals on both ends to help
keep crap/water out.

Mine seized up after a year and a half of heavy duty
wheeling/underwater use, but I did manage to free it
up since the internal cable was plastic coated. The
stock cable I had on pass side (weird that it fit with
7" susp lift :-)) is frozen for good and I'll prob
just steal another cable off one of my parts trucks
for now. I think under normal/moderate off road use,
the custom cable should last virtually forever.

                        OX


--
78 Bronco Custom, 400, T-18, 14 bolt/detroit/4.56,
D60/detroit/4.56, 44
boggers, 9" lift (27 54.5678498576476596875869
(street), 17 56 (4"
mud), never 0 (17" mud)).
79 Bronco XLT, 351M, C6, D60/detroit/4.10,
D448lug/Lokrite/4.10, 38.5
SX's, 4"lift (It's so fast, I tore the axles right out
of it).
79 Bronc XLT, 351M, C6, 35 BFG AT's, 2" lift (19.3
40, pulling boat,
19.3 40, not puling boat)
86 Capri, turbo 5.0 (13.4 107)
90 Talon AWD turbo (12.7 104)
95 F250-460,4WD (16.9 82)


__________________________________________________
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35
a year!  http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

------------------------------

From: JUMPINFORD aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 12:13:21 EST
Subject: Re: '79 F-350 Update and Emerg. Brake Cable ?


In a message dated 2/5/2001 6:12:27 AM Pacific Standard Time,
ecfinn yahoo.com writes:

<< Its almost done...

Later,

Eric Finn >>

Now aren't you glad you stuck by the ole girl?  Sounds like you've got it on
the downhill slide.  Congratulations.  I hope to hear some good wheelin
stories real soon bout that old girl.

Darrell & Tweety

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 14:44:35 -0500
From: Ken Payne <kpayne ford-trucks.com>
Subject: ADMIN: F100 Supernats Flyer now online


The main page of the web site ( www.ford-trucks.com ) now has a
link to a page with scanned images of the F-100 Supernationals
flyer.  You can print these to register for the show or just to
read more about this great Ford truck show.

Ken Payne
Admin, Ford Truck Enthusiasts
http://www.ford-trucks.com


------------------------------

From: "Mudhog" <mudhog houston.rr.com>
Subject: 460/balancer/front seal
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 14:28:03 -0600

I need a little help here. I have a newly built 1970(s) 460 in my 79 F150 4x4. There is oil leaking from behind the harmonic balancer(when engine is running). It appears to be coming from the front seal. Soooo, my questions are:
1. Could the old balancer have caused the leak?
2. Should I replace the old one regardless? ($300)
3. Can I replace the front seal without removing the timing cover?
   Some books say it must be installed from the rear to the front, others don't specify.
4. Could the old spacer have caused the leak?
5. Should I replace it regardless?

Thanks in advance,
Charles Tyer
79 F150 4x4 swb aka "Mudhog"


------------------------------

From: "wish" <wish ford-trucks.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 21:36:49 GMT
Subject: Where was it ?



OKay, I'm hopin you guys can help me out.  A long time ago (a year or more!)
there was a company that was doing Hummer body kits on full size trucks.  I've
found urbgorilla.com (Urban Gorilla), and I'm pretty sure that's not it.  The ....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.