Please do not repost, forward or otherwise publish messages
contained in these archives without consent from the respective
author(s). These archives may not, in whole or part, be stored on
any public retrieval system (FTP, web, gopher, newsgroup, etc.) by
individuals or companies, without consent of the respective authors.

From: owner-61-79-list-digest ford-trucks.com (61-79-list-digest)
To: 61-79-list-digest ford-trucks.com
Subject: 61-79-list-digest V3 #474
Reply-To: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
Sender: owner-61-79-list-digest ford-trucks.com
Errors-To: owner-61-79-list-digest ford-trucks.com
Precedence: bulk


61-79-list-digest Sunday, December 26 1999 Volume 03 : Number 474



=======================================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1961-1979 Trucks and Vans
Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To unsubscribe, send email to:
majordomo ford-trucks.com
with the words "unsubscribe 61-79-list-digest" in the body of the
message.
=======================================================================
In this issue:

FTE 61-79 - Names
Re: FTE 61-79 - 4wd power distribution
Re: FTE 61-79 - Names
FTE 61-79 - Merry Christmas and thanks to all!
Re: FTE 61-79 - Merry Christmas and thanks to all!
Re: FTE 61-79 - 4wd power distribution
FTE 61-79 - Loose 205 shift lever
Re: FTE 61-79 - 4wd power distribution
Re: FTE 61-79 - 4wd power distribution
Re: FTE 61-79 - Names
FTE 61-79 - RE: 4wd power distribution
FTE 61-79 - A Ford Truck Christmas Miracle
FTE 61-79 - Merry Christmas
Re: FTE 61-79 - Ford 9" and 8.8"
FTE 61-79 - (no subject)
Re: FTE 61-79 - sorry
Re: FTE 61-79 - Names
Re: FTE 61-79 - Merry Christmas and thanks to all!
Re: FTE 61-79 - Christmas Wishes, A story for my freinds, no FTE content
Re: FTE 61-79 - (no subject)
FTE 61-79 - Merry Christmas
FTE 61-79 - headers?

=======================================================================

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 05:58:24 -0600
From: ballingr bootheel.net
Subject: FTE 61-79 - Names

>Why did you change the real names ???

Those are their real names according to historical record. We know them by
their translated names. Yosef would be Joseph, Maria would be Mary, and
Yeshua is Jesus. The record shows them to be from the Galilee region and of
the name Honnisori (It has also been spelled Honnosori by some).

I didn't write it to offend anyone, but I thought to inspire, as I felt
inspired as I wrote it. Please feel free to translate the names if you
wish.


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 06:26:42 -0800
From: "Bill Beyer" pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - 4wd power distribution

One of the front axles is not engaged. Either the axle is broken or more
likely the hub is bad. I had the same problem with my truck when I first
bought it. There wasn't anything wrong with the xfer case or diff, just a
bad hub on the right side. With an open differential, all of the power will
be fed to the wheel with the least amount of traction or in your case the
disengaged hub.

"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, riddle them with bullets"


- ----- Original Message -----
From: Kirk Baillie home.com>
To: Ford list <61-79-list ford-trucks.com>
Sent: Friday, December 24, 1999 6:47 PM
Subject: FTE 61-79 - 4wd power distribution


> Hi I have a question about the operation of the 4wd system on my
> truck. Its a 74 F250 with Dana 60's np205 transfer case, and a np 435
> gearbox.For some reason i think the 4 wd is not working but when i test
> the turning of the front dive shaft with in 4wd and hubs locked i cant
> turn it so it should be working, and when i put it in 2wd and unlock
> hubs it spins freely. The reason why i think there is a problem is
> cause on the snow packed streets i can get the back wheels to spin
> easily but i can get the front to spin. And also i was climbing a hill
> today and the truck stopped back wheels spun but i dont think the fronts
> were. What could this be????



== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 09:52:59 EST
From: OldTrux aol.com
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - Names

In a message dated 12/25/99 6:00:31 AM Central Standard Time,
ballingr bootheel.net writes:

> I didn't write it to offend anyone, but I thought to inspire, as I felt
> inspired as I wrote it.
Thank you.
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 09:04:36 -0500
From: Don Yerhot nwhealth.edu>
Subject: FTE 61-79 - Merry Christmas and thanks to all!

Well, another Christmas. Both of my old treasures are parked, safely
away from the
salt covered streets of Minneapolis. But thanks to all the knowledge and
friendly camaraderie of this list, they both run better than ever. And
I've got some idea's for spring already...like a 460 in my F100, disk
brake setup on my 65.....I especially want to give Ken Payne my hearfelt
gratidtude for all the time and energy he spends to make this all
possible. Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to all my fellow Ford
lovers!!

DonY
65F250-351W
74F100-351W






== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 10:56:15 -0500
From: Ken Payne ford-trucks.com>
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - Merry Christmas and thanks to all!

- -snip-

>brake setup on my 65.....I especially want to give Ken Payne my hearfelt
>gratidtude for all the time and energy he spends to make this all
>possible. Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to all my fellow Ford
>lovers!!
>
>DonY
>65F250-351W
>74F100-351W

Thank you! :-) And Merry Christmas to you too!

Ken Payne

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 12:20:55 -0600
From: Kirk Baillie home.com>
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - 4wd power distribution

Thanks Bill, when i take the hubs off what should i be looking for???
Any ideas???

Bill Beyer wrote:
>
> One of the front axles is not engaged. Either the axle is broken or more
> likely the hub is bad. I had the same problem with my truck when I first
> bought it. There wasn't anything wrong with the xfer case or diff, just a
> bad hub on the right side. With an open differential, all of the power will
> be fed to the wheel with the least amount of traction or in your case the
> disengaged hub.
>
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 13:29:06 EST
From: BDIJXS aol.com
Subject: FTE 61-79 - Loose 205 shift lever

Kirk,

You might need to put some new little plastic bushings in your shift
linkage...also, maybe slide a piece of that good pipe insulation over both
shifters (if you have the 4 speed)...this helps cut down vibration noise
also....

CJ
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 12:35:00 -0600
From: Kirk Baillie home.com>
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - 4wd power distribution

I currently have the warn premium hubs on the truck, what kind of
warranty are these hubs, guaranteed for life??? But I don't have the
receipt came with the truck.

Kirk Baillie wrote:
>
> Thanks Bill, when i take the hubs off what should i be looking for???
> Any ideas???
>
> Bill Beyer wrote:
> >
> > One of the front axles is not engaged. Either the axle is broken or more
> > likely the hub is bad. I had the same problem with my truck when I first
> > bought it. There wasn't anything wrong with the xfer case or diff, just a
> > bad hub on the right side. With an open differential, all of the power will
> > be fed to the wheel with the least amount of traction or in your case the
> > disengaged hub.
> >
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 13:17:56 -0600
From: Kirk Baillie home.com>
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - 4wd power distribution

Well I think i found the problem, the spring inside was hung up and
wasn't going into full engagement. Thanks for pointing me in the right
direction, now I can go and have some boxing day fun in the snow.
Thanks Bill.

Kirk Baillie
74 F250 4X4 Highboy

Kirk Baillie wrote:
>
> I currently have the warn premium hubs on the truck, what kind of
> warranty are these hubs, guaranteed for life??? But I don't have the
> receipt came with the truck.
>
> Kirk Baillie wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Bill, when i take the hubs off what should i be looking for???
> > Any ideas???
> >
> > Bill Beyer wrote:
> > >
> > > One of the front axles is not engaged. Either the axle is broken or more
> > > likely the hub is bad. I had the same problem with my truck when I first
> > > bought it. There wasn't anything wrong with the xfer case or diff, just a
> > > bad hub on the right side. With an open differential, all of the power will
> > > be fed to the wheel with the least amount of traction or in your case the
> > > disengaged hub.
> > >
> > == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 14:49:16 -0800
From: Don nidlink.com>
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - Names

THANKS!!! It was a nice story for the day that we celebrate Yeshua's birthday!
Don
At 05:58 AM 12/25/99 -0600, you wrote:
> >Why did you change the real names ???
>
>Those are their real names according to historical record. We know them by
>their translated names. Yosef would be Joseph, Maria would be Mary, and
>Yeshua is Jesus. The record shows them to be from the Galilee region and of
>the name Honnisori (It has also been spelled Honnosori by some).
>
>I didn't write it to offend anyone, but I thought to inspire, as I felt
>inspired as I wrote it. Please feel free to translate the names if you
>wish.
>
>
>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 18:45:16 -0500
From: "George W. Selby, III" ibox.net>
Subject: FTE 61-79 - RE: 4wd power distribution

Could be a blown hub, my Isuzu acted like you describe when I blew one in
the snow. To completelyt check the front 4wd operation, jack one front
wheel up, lock the hubs and spin the tire, the shaft should move. Then let
that side down and try the other side.

Hope this helps

George Selby
78 F-150 400M, 4 on floor, 4x4
86 Nissan 300ZX
82 Jeep Cherokee
85 Dodge W-100
digiman ibox.net

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 19:02:09 -0500
From: "George W. Selby, III" ibox.net>
Subject: FTE 61-79 - A Ford Truck Christmas Miracle

I was driving my F-150 to my mom's house to do the dinner/presents thing,
and about half way there (just after dusting a 80's F-150) I sputtered and
ran out of gas. I was about 2 miles from the nearest gas/phone, and was
not dressed appropriatly for the temperatures, and didn't have my cell
phone with me.

The next vehicle to drive by was a Ford Ranger. Even though he had two
infant children with him, he stopped and asked if my truck broke down.

I replied, "Not broke, just out of gas, can you give me a lift to the Trade
Mart up the street, I'll ride in the back since I see you have no room in
the front."

He said, "I can do better than that, i happen to have about 4 gallons of
gas here in the back of my truck, you can have it."

So I filled up and started the truck, and offered him 5-10 bucks for the
gas, but he politley declined, he said due to it being Christmas and all.
He even followed me back to the gas station to make sure I got there.
Fortunately it was open on Christmas.

So next time you see a broken down Ford truck on the road, be sure to offer
help, it may be you next time. I will.

George Selby
78 F-150 400M, 4 on floor, 4x4
86 Nissan 300ZX
82 Jeep Cherokee
85 Dodge W-100
digiman ibox.net

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 23:00:34 EST
From: IanBoss69 aol.com
Subject: FTE 61-79 - Merry Christmas

Hope you all had a very merry x-mas !!!! and hope that everyone has a
delightful new year,,,

:-)

Ian
79 F250 4x4 4spd 351M
True Blue Ford Blue
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 23:09:30 EST
From: IanBoss69 aol.com
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - Ford 9" and 8.8"

In a message dated 12/23/99 7:21:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
chicken521 hotmail.com writes:

> Well hehe.. you know what I mean.. I'm not sure what ford calls it.. I
guess
> a Positive locked differentail =) Grrr... she keeps loosing traction!
> hehe..
>
limited slip differential i think is the term you're searching for...

Ian
79 F250 4x4 4spd 351M
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 23:42:46 EST
From: IanBoss69 aol.com
Subject: FTE 61-79 - (no subject)

Well, I've hit a big ol lump in the road of life. I've recently acquired a
great new job at a kit car manufacturer semi-near my home. By semi i mean 50
miles away. Due to this fact my gas bills have gone waaaaaay up. 55 minutes
at 3500rpm in an M-block doesnt equate to good gas milage. Im filling up
once every 2 days and at 20 bucks a tank its killing me....soooo, im forced
to look into other transportation,,,,theres the FTE content,,,,,negative
content but nonetheless content. Anyways now for you mustang guys....i know
theres a few out there, I've decided on an 87-90 5.0L LX sedan but I'd love
it if i could get T-tops also,,,,as i understand it the T-tops were
discontinued after 87 but i havent got a clear answer as to whether they were
even available on the sedans. The book I constantly refer to: Mustang Red
Book says that in 82 they were offered on both body styles but says nothing
more in any other year until 88 when it says they were discontinued. My
question is: If there were in fact 87 sedan T-tops made, how rare is this
car? better yet, how much more expensive are they ? Kelly Blue Book has an
87 LX sedan ...with T-tops listed as $3300 which is perfectly in my price
range,,,but I'm questioning its accuracy,,,so whats your guys' opinions on
the subject???

Ian
79 F250 4x4 4spd 351M
True Blue Ford Blue
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 23:52:58 EST
From: IanBoss69 aol.com
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - sorry

oopps forgot a subject,,,my apologies,,,

Ian
79 F250 4x4 4spd 351M
True Blue Ford Blue
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 00:00:49 EST
From: WEDIVE247 aol.com
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - Names

In a message dated 12/25/1999 7:00:31 AM EST, ballingr bootheel.net writes:

<< I didn't write it to offend anyone, but I thought to inspire, as I felt
inspired as I wrote it. Please feel free to translate the names if you
wish. >>
No problem here . I was just wondering as I have only heard that with the
well known names . Keep up the good work .
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 00:02:55 EST
From: WEDIVE247aol.com
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - Merry Christmas and thanks to all!

In a message dated 12/25/1999 10:10:38 AM EST, dyerhotnwhealth.edu writes:

<< Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to all my fellow Ford
lovers!! >>
I'll second that .
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 00:11:50 EST
From: JJJJJGRANTaol.com
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - Christmas Wishes, A story for my freinds, no FTE content

i started the tradition of reading this to my children last night on
christmas eve.

god bless everyone,
jeff grant
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 00:22:55 EST
From: JJJJJGRANTaol.com
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - (no subject)

all my dealings with late model and early model mustangs, i've never seen a
sedan with t tops, but that doesn't mean they didn't make them.
so now with the new job, is a cobra in your plans?

i have a friend that has a 88 mustang asc mclaren, two seater convertible for
sale
its in good cond, he wants 7000.00 for it, i think there was only 400 or so
of those made in 88.

jeff grant
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 00:32:36 -0500
From: j arnold ford-trucks.com>
Subject: FTE 61-79 - Merry Christmas

Hoping everyone has a nice safe holiday with those they love.

stoney

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 00:16:32 -0600
From: "Daniel R. Olinick" earthlink.net>
Subject: FTE 61-79 - headers?

excuse my ignorance but what are headers?
What do they do? I already learned from this
list what SWMBO means. I try to learn something new
everyday but some days I just don't learn a darn thing.

Dan(dolinickearthlink.net)

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

End of 61-79-list-digest V3 #474
********************************

+----- Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1961 though 1979 Trucks And Vans -----+
| Send posts to 61-79-listford-trucks.com, |
| List removal information is on the web site. |
+---------- Visit Our Web Site: http://www.ford-trucks.com/ ----------+....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.