Return-Path:
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 03:50:24 -0600 (MDT)
From: owner-fordtrucks61-79-digest ListService.net (fordtrucks61-79-digest)
To: fordtrucks61-79-digest ListService.net
Subject: fordtrucks61-79-digest V1 #245
Reply-To: fordtrucks61-79 ListService.net
Sender: owner-fordtrucks61-79-digest ListService.net


fordtrucks61-79-digest Monday, September 29 1997 Volume 01 : Number 245



=======================================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1961-1979 Trucks Digest
Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To unsubscribe, send email to:
fordtrucks61-79-digest-request listservice.net
with the word "unsubscribe" in the body of the message. For help, send
email to the same address with the word "help" in the body of the
message.
=======================================================================
In this issue:

Re: Oil Pan ["KENDALL J DUCOTE"]
Re: bag 'o fluid ["Larry Coffman" ]
Re: Found on the Web ["rons" ]
ADMIN: Please give me any event information you have [Ken Payne
Re: bag 'o fluid [boomboom mich.com (Scott in Michigan)]
Re: bag 'o fluid [Ken Payne ]
Ammeter help!! ["Daniel H. Jenkins" ]
Anyone ?? [Brian & Jacque Milbrandt ]
Transmission shops? [Z ]
Re: Ammeter help!! ["George Shepherd" ]
Re: my turn to ask [JonP27604 aol.com]
Re: ADMIN: Please give me any event information you have ["MICHAEL FRISCH]
Re: ADMIN: Please give me any event information you have ["deconblu"

=======================================================================

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 27 Sep 97 21:01:06 -0600
From: "KENDALL J DUCOTE"
Subject: Re: Oil Pan

I have one on my 79 f-150 4X4.

Kendall


______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________
Subject: Oil Pan
Author: at internet-mail
Date: 9/27/97 8:42 PM


I'm putting a 351C in a 1970 F-100, but. by the motor mounts design

I need to change my front sump oil pan to a rear sump pan. What

year and model cars or truck with 351M or 400 will I find a rear

sump oil pan? Where and how was the dip stick placed?


------------------------------

Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 07:59:44 -0400
From: "Larry Coffman"
Subject: Re: bag 'o fluid

I`ve got a bag on my `66 F-100, the only problem is it runs out of washer
fluid!

- ----------
> From: DC Beatty
> To: 'FORD TRUCKS'
> Subject: bag 'o fluid
> Date: Saturday, September 27, 1997 10:04 AM
>
> Greetings. I need to install a washer fluid reservoir on my '67 (it's
that
> time of year). I would like to get the original bag just to be a purist,
> but I am wondering if there are any advantages to ripping a plastic box
off
> a junker instead. Are there any bag owners out there who have experienced
> any problems with this particular device?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> DC Beatty
> 1967 F100 352
> 1974 Maverick 302
> +-------------- Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1961 thru 1979 --------------+
> | Send posts to fordtrucks61-79 listservice.net, |
> | Send Unsubscribe requests to fordtrucks61-79-request listservice.net|
> +---------- Visit Our Web Site: http://www.ford-trucks.com/ ----------+

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 09:42:25 -0400
From: "rons"
Subject: Re: Found on the Web

Thanks Man,
Good link

Ron

- ----------
> From: deconblu
> To: fordtrucks ; fordnatics

> Subject: Found on the Web
> Date: Saturday, September 27, 1997 11:35 PM
>
> Found Surfing. Cars, Trucks and Hot Rods for sale by year and make. Huge
> selection starting from '20s to present. Worth checking out just for the
> pic's.
> http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://automotive.internetrader.com/ITI_Publications/INDEX.HTML
>
>
>
> Deacon Blues
> Visit my Homepage at http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://home1.gte.net/deconblu/
> and http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.dragonfire.net/~site/tbirdknights/
> or send me a fan or flame at deconblu gte.net not both. Never fan a
flame!
>
>
> +-------------- Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1961 thru 1979 --------------+
> | Send posts to fordtrucks61-79 listservice.net, |
> | Send Unsubscribe requests to fordtrucks61-79-request listservice.net|
> +---------- Visit Our Web Site: http://www.ford-trucks.com/ ----------+

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 12:47:56 -0400
From: Ken Payne
Subject: ADMIN: Please give me any event information you have

The events page on the web site is out of date. If anyone
has Ford (if it includes trucks), Ford truck or truck (if
it includes Fords) event information, please send the information
to me so I can update the page.

Thanks,
Ken

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 14:12:02 -0400
From: boomboom mich.com (Scott in Michigan)
Subject: Re: bag 'o fluid

Seems they always run out! :) Looking for a bag reservoir for my '65 F100.
Living in the Northland, parts are almost non-existant! Anyone got an extra???
Scott in Michigan
>I`ve got a bag on my `66 F-100, the only problem is it runs out of washer
>fluid!
>
>----------
>> From: DC Beatty
>> To: 'FORD TRUCKS'
>> Subject: bag 'o fluid
>> Date: Saturday, September 27, 1997 10:04 AM
>>
>> Greetings. I need to install a washer fluid reservoir on my '67 (it's
>that
>> time of year). I would like to get the original bag just to be a purist,
>> but I am wondering if there are any advantages to ripping a plastic box
>off
>> a junker instead. Are there any bag owners out there who have experienced
>> any problems with this particular device?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> DC Beatty
>> 1967 F100 352
>> 1974 Maverick 302
>> +-------------- Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1961 thru 1979 --------------+
>> | Send posts to fordtrucks61-79 listservice.net, |
>> | Send Unsubscribe requests to fordtrucks61-79-request listservice.net|
>> +---------- Visit Our Web Site: http://www.ford-trucks.com/ ----------+
>+-------------- Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1961 thru 1979 --------------+
>| Send posts to fordtrucks61-79 listservice.net, |
>| Send Unsubscribe requests to fordtrucks61-79-request listservice.net|
>+---------- Visit Our Web Site: http://www.ford-trucks.com/ ----------+
>
>

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 14:45:19 -0400
From: Ken Payne
Subject: Re: bag 'o fluid

I've got a 67 bag from Melvins here in Atlanta. Many of the other
suppliers on our web site have them to. They ain't cheap when you
consider its just a piece of plastic (I think it was $20). I still
haven't gotten around to installing mine, going to wait until after
I paint the under hood area.


At 02:12 PM 9/28/97 -0400, you wrote:
> Seems they always run out! :) Looking for a bag reservoir for my '65 F100.
>Living in the Northland, parts are almost non-existant! Anyone got an extra???
> Scott in Michigan
>>I`ve got a bag on my `66 F-100, the only problem is it runs out of washer
>>fluid!
>>
>>----------
>>> From: DC Beatty
>>> To: 'FORD TRUCKS'
>>> Subject: bag 'o fluid
>>> Date: Saturday, September 27, 1997 10:04 AM
>>>
>>> Greetings. I need to install a washer fluid reservoir on my '67 (it's
>>that
>>> time of year). I would like to get the original bag just to be a purist,
>>> but I am wondering if there are any advantages to ripping a plastic box
>>off
>>> a junker instead. Are there any bag owners out there who have experienced
>>> any problems with this particular device?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> DC Beatty
>>> 1967 F100 352
>>> 1974 Maverick 302

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 16:01:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Daniel H. Jenkins"
Subject: Ammeter help!!

I recently bought a 1977 Ford F150 with the trailer special
package. I guess that for that year it came in two different versions: a
light-duty and a heavy-duty package. To be frank, I'm not sure which one
mine has. But, based upon what the two packages are, I believe I have the
heavy duty package. THe light duty package includes extra cooling, wiring
harness, heavy duty flasher, rear step bumber, and trailer special emblem.
The heavy duty package includes extra cooling, heavy-duty in-tank oil
cooler and external oil cooler, wiring harness, heavy duty flasher, 68
amp-hour battery, 60 amp alternator, ammeter and oil pressure gauge, heavy
duty shocks, swing-out recreational mirrors, and trailer special emblem.
As far as I know, I have everything in the heavy duty category EXCEPT a
working ammeter! :( DOes anybody out there know of any things which
commonly cause the ammeter to stop working? My understand is that it is
somehow tied to the voltage regulator. But, I really don't want to
randomly replace parts in the hopes that it will work. I appreciate
anything you guys can tell me. Thanks in advance!

- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daniel H. Jenkins Food for thought: John Milton
djenkins honors.unr.edu wrote _Paradise_Lost_; When his
Honors Program wife died he wrote _Paradise_
University of Nevada, Reno _Regained_...

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 20:01:28 -0500
From: Brian & Jacque Milbrandt
Subject: Anyone ??

Does anyone know what year brake boosters are interchangeable??
need 1 for a 78'F150 4x4...Next...Can anyone help me with converting my
64' F100 brakes from drums to disc....will a newer ford p/u...73'
through 79' bolt up ???

Thanks for any help....Brian

64'F100 2wheel
78'F150 4x4
96'F150 4x4
97'J**P Wrangler

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 21:33:26 -0500
From: Z
Subject: Transmission shops?

Anyone know a good transmission shop in the Detroit area?

Thanks,

Alex
75 F250

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 20:37:25 -0500
From: "George Shepherd"
Subject: Re: Ammeter help!!

The BigBroncos list just had an extensive discussion of the problem. Seems
that the Amp meter needs a shunt to work properly. It doesn't have enough.
I can copy over the directions, but go to 4x4 now.com and check out the
BigBroncos page. Go to the archives. Its all there.

- ----------
> From: Daniel H. Jenkins
> To: fordtrucks61-79 ListService.net
> Subject: Ammeter help!!
> Date: Sunday, September 28, 1997 6:01 PM
>
> I recently bought a 1977 Ford F150 with the trailer special
> package. I guess that for that year it came in two different versions:
a
> light-duty and a heavy-duty package. To be frank, I'm not sure which one
> mine has. But, based upon what the two packages are, I believe I have
the
> heavy duty package. THe light duty package includes extra cooling,
wiring
> harness, heavy duty flasher, rear step bumber, and trailer special
emblem.
> The heavy duty package includes extra cooling, heavy-duty in-tank oil
> cooler and external oil cooler, wiring harness, heavy duty flasher, 68
> amp-hour battery, 60 amp alternator, ammeter and oil pressure gauge,
heavy
> duty shocks, swing-out recreational mirrors, and trailer special emblem.
> As far as I know, I have everything in the heavy duty category EXCEPT a
> working ammeter! :( DOes anybody out there know of any things which
> commonly cause the ammeter to stop working? My understand is that it is
> somehow tied to the voltage regulator. But, I really don't want to
> randomly replace parts in the hopes that it will work. I appreciate
> anything you guys can tell me. Thanks in advance!
>
>
- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- ---
> Daniel H. Jenkins Food for thought: John Milton
> djenkins honors.unr.edu wrote _Paradise_Lost_; When his
> Honors Program wife died he wrote _Paradise_
> University of Nevada, Reno _Regained_...
>
> +-------------- Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1961 thru 1979 --------------+
> | Send posts to fordtrucks61-79 listservice.net, |
> | Send Unsubscribe requests to fordtrucks61-79-request listservice.net|
> +---------- Visit Our Web Site: http://www.ford-trucks.com/ ----------+

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 22:52:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: JonP27604 aol.com
Subject: Re: my turn to ask

Michael,
Your truck sounds just like mine except I have a 1965 flairside. When I
bought it it suffered from the same conditions as yours. I have since put a
lot of time into learning what works and what does not for my truck. I have
been making the same upgrades you wish to do and might be of some help.
As most Ford Truck owners know many parts from 1965 to 1979 interchange.
This makes it easy for owners of mid sixties to early seventies trucks to
upgrade to power steering, brakes etc. I was lucky in doing the upgrades on
my truck because I was able to find a complete 1977 F-150 cheap. It had power
steering, disk brakes, electronic ignition, all the stuff I wanted.

>1) What I would like to do is get rid of the vacume lines.
*****My truck only has vac adv and pcv, can't help you here****
>Possably put an electrical ignition.
*****The Duraspark Ignition is a direct swap for the 300, for more info on
the subject go to the following url,
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.wrljet.com/engines/duraspark.html, or go to the archives, download
May, after split, #V1n083 first post titled "getting better gas mileage."
Watch out for heated debate on PCV valves.******
>Get rid of some of the smog devices, like the block under the carb w/ 3
outlits 2 of which are already pluged.
*****Not sure about yours but my block is just for PCV and would not remove
it.*****

>2) Does anyone have an opinion on monoleaf springs on the rear?
****Never used them. Only thing I can see different is no friction between
leaves and they are lighter, meaning less sprung weight. Both translate into
possible better ride?*****

>3) I got a ticking noise. (everyone does, dont they?) I beleave its from the
valves. But I have been told that they are hydraulic. I have no idea what
this means, every head I have worked on needed adjusting sooner or later.
******My engine ticks also. My problem is worn out cam and lifters. The
rocker studs are "positive stop," meaning no more adjustment is possible. The
engine on my parts truck is not "positive stop," I guess it depends on what
year your engine is.*****

>4) Stearing question. Did the F100 come w/ power stearing? or assist? My
girlfriend likes big arms, but this is getting out of hand. If not, can I
rape a later chassie? Am I going to get in over my head w/ this type of
project? If not, is this something a novice can do over the weekend w/ a
Chilton manual?
*****Power steering will be a bolt in job. I just put it in a few weeks ago
and it took me less than two days (your results may vary.) You must use the
stearing column from a power steering truck also as it is shorter by a few
inches. Three things to remember.
Later steering columns use a different bracket to mount the columns to
the underside of the dash. You will have to drill out the spot welds and
switch them.
Later steering columns have the hazard switch opposite the turn signal
switch (all located on the upper stearing shaft bearing retainer.) My hazard
switch is on the dash and not wanting to take away from the stock look of the
cab I figured out how to take the bearing retainer off my old column and use
it on the p.s. column. I am not sure how changing the bearing retainer would
work if you wanted to use the automatic transmission selector though. I have
a T-18 four speed transmission with floor shift so I just removed the shift
tube from the column.
The last point is to use your original steering linkage (excluding the
pitman arm on the p.s unit) unless you change to disk brakes. The two are
different. I learned the hard way since I have not switched to disk brakes
yet and used the power/disk linkage. Just could not get the tires to toe out
enough to keep them from chirping everytime I went over a bump.******

>5) And last one..I there an easyer way to replace the wood slats in the bed,
other then taring the whole thing apart?
*****My bed was rotten also with a piece of sheet steel over it. I cut
everything out and replaced with a treated 4X8 plywood. I did find that the
truck was quietier when going over bumps after the fix. All the loose bolts
were making quite a racket. They were also allowing the whole bed to jump on
the frame.******
>And just what kind of wood did Ford use? Any others that you guys have used?
*****Ash or Oak. See above*****

I hope this helps.

Jon E. Purut
JonP27604 aol.com

1965 F100 Daily Driver
1965 F100 Parts Truck Hoping To Revive As F350 Super Duty
1970 Mustang Fastback
1993 Escort Wagon (wifes car)
1977 F-150 Parts Truck

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 22:58:22 PDT
From: "MICHAEL FRISCH"
Subject: Re: ADMIN: Please give me any event information you have

>The events page on the web site is out of date. If anyone
>has Ford (if it includes trucks), Ford truck or truck (if
>it includes Fords) event information, please send the information
>to me so I can update the page.
>
>Thanks,
>Ken
>


Ken,

You can always list the swap meet every 6th Sunday at the Pomona Fair
Plex in Ca.

MIke...

______________________________________________________

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 01:46:20 -0700
From: "deconblu"
Subject: Re: ADMIN: Please give me any event information you have

>Ken,
>
>You can always list the swap meet every 6th Sunday at the Pomona Fair
>Plex in Ca.
>
>MIke.......


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.