Please do not repost, forward or otherwise publish messages
contained in these archives without consent from the respective
author(s). These archives may not, in whole or part, be stored on
any public retrieval system (FTP, web, gopher, newsgroup, etc.) by
individuals or companies, without consent of the respective authors.

Received: with LISTAR (v0.128a; list 61-79-list); Mon, 13 Mar 2000 20:46:37 -0500 (EST)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 20:46:37 -0500 (EST)
From: Ford Truck Enthusiasts List Server ford-trucks.com>
To: 61-79-list digest users ford-trucks.com>
Reply-to: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: 61-79-list Digest V2000 #37
Precedence: bulk

==========================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts 1961-1979 Truck Mailing List

Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com

To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
the words "unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the subject of the
message.
==========================================================

------------------------------------
61-79-list Digest Sun, 12 Mar 2000 Volume: 2000 Issue: 037

In This Issue:
Re: Sanderson Headers
Update on 71 F100
Re: Towing Camper Trailers
Re: Personal posts, lets take a vote
Galvanized metal cleaner?
Taking a break
Re: F-350 weight
My 71'
Sanderson headers link for Jason
Re: Galvanized metal cleaner?
Re: My 71'
Re: NP 205
Re: Personal posts, lets take a vote......
9" rear swap
Re: NP 205
Re: Miscellany
Re: NP 205
Non FTE
Re: NP 205
Re: NP 205
Ford junkyard & S. Padre
Re: NP 205
Re: NP 205
Re: NP 205
Re: Galvanized metal cleaner?
Re: gas tank
Re: 390 0r 352?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "Luke Phillips" hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Sanderson Headers
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 20:06:59 CST

www.sandersonheaders.com

>From: "Jason & Kathy Kendrick" mddc.com>
>Reply-To: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
>To: "Ford 61-79 list" <61-79-list ford-trucks.com>
>Subject: [61-79-list] Sanderson Headers
>Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 15:11:00 -0600
>
>
>Could anyone give me the link to the Sanderson Headers web page? Thanks,
>Jason
>
>==========================================================
>To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
>the words "unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the subject of the
>message.
>

______________________________________________________


------------------------------

From: "Idahoans" earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 19:25:10 -0700
Subject: Update on 71 F100

Some may remember my husband's anguished message about
how a quick-lube place had ruined our truck. We finally were able
to get it started and take it to a garage we trust. They took one
look and saw that the spark plug wires were on wrong, and they
swapped them and the truck works fine. I have to wonder if the first
place was that massively incompetent, or if they deliberately
sabotaged our engine. Anyway, I'm very glad it was that simple
and hope we don't have any more problems. Thanks to everyone
for their replies and advice,

Carla



------------------------------

Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 21:35:25 -0500
From: Becky & Greg sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: Towing Camper Trailers

Becky & Greg wrote:
>
> A local company is looking for pick up owners to haul a variety of sized travel trailers to various locations in Canada and the U.S.I need some general input on a reasonable set up to allow for towing camper trailers with a 5th wheel set up.
> With a 1 ton diesel dually in the neighbourhood of $50,000 Canadian
> (tax included) I can't help concidering the option of building a truck capable of the task for a lot less.
> I have access to all sorts of parts trucks and motors although I haven't concidered anything other than a 460 which I am looking for an excuse to build.
> As I will be starting from scratch I thought I'd begin with your always excellent and insightful opinions and suggestions as to motor
> modifications, tranny options, rear end gear ratios and any other
> relevant experiences and comments on such a project.
> ( I must confess that one significant motivation for concidering this
> project at all is that I have driven long haul tractor trailer for GM
> parts in Oshawa Ont. to and from Athens Ala.and Laredo Texas and am sick and tired of having to look at 73-79 Ford pickups knowing I have no way to get these beauties back home. This new opportunity allows me to head back home with nothing in tow but rustfree body parts and access to
> wrecking yards all across the country. Feels like a bit of heaven to
> this farmer/ford fanatic).
> Sorry, kinda long, please any suggestions/comments?
> Ain't getting rich farmin' or truckin' but lovin' my life.
> Fraternally;
> Greg Chalmers
> 79 F100 I6 (lazarus)
> 75 360 Supercab
> A Bunch of parts and stuff


------------------------------

Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 20:26:46 -0700
From: "Kiernan, Denny" wenet.net>
Subject: Re: Personal posts, lets take a vote

There are some lists where the off-topic stuff really does get out of
hand, also where the tone of civility gets completely lost. But I dont
think there's any such problem with this list. There's really not that
much off-topic stuff.

FTE content: You have to crawl out from under that truck once in a while
and relax a minute.

Denny
'72 F-100 360 2WD Manual everything, 140K

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 22:35:30 -0600
Subject: Galvanized metal cleaner?
From: Brett L Habben juno.com>

Folks,
What works to clean up the galvanized inner fenders and make them look
new again? I went after mine with diesel/gas/lacquer thinner and managed
to remove all the undercoating, overspray, grease, melted ignition module
potting, etc. But they still look like an old Gleaner combine abandoned
out in the grove for 50 years. Some sort of acid?
Thanks,
Brett
Super75cab
________________________________________________________________





------------------------------

Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 22:49:55 -0500
Subject: Taking a break
From: Jeff Simmons juno.com>

Hey all,
I had to take a break, After being gone for a week and not having a
digest, man all those
post, about 400 total. so after I read through all of them I answered a
bunch of them. Then
when I sent them all out some how they got lost, I got some kind of
message back saying there was some sort of error, And of coarse I cleared
everything I answered to as I put them in the out box. So I haven't even
looked this box for about 3or 4 days now, and of coarse there was about
100 + post again.
I think I'm going to take a break from the list for a while, So if anyone
wants to write to me personally, Please do.
Jeff in KC
jpsimford juno.com

________________________________________________________________





------------------------------

Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 22:27:10 -0500
Subject: Re: F-350 weight
From: Jeff Simmons juno.com>

My 68' 1-ton duelly with a 12' flat bed weighs 6000 on the money. One
time I put it to the test and hauled a load of scrap metal. After I
weighed in and out, I had 9860# of steel on that poor truck. Who says
Ford Trucks arn't Tough.
Jeff in KC
On Sun, 12 Mar 2000 00:46:30 -0500 "Gary L. Perry" fwi.com>
writes:
> Barron, without any real info in
> front of me I'm going to give my
> thougts? on
> weight of truck. First, the door
> VIN plate should have the GVW
> gross veh. weight) listed. Duallys
> usually 10,000 lbs. Single wheels
> less, maybe as low
> as 8,500 lbs. Truck probably
> weights near 5,000 or 5,800 itself.
> It won't be
> a "dump truck" if that's what you
> had in mind. Doesn't take much
> gravel, dirt or
> load of shingles or ? to be too
> much for a 1-ton. I have a 2-ton
> C***y that lists
> 16,000 gvw and have had 18,000 at
> scale even tho I couldn't take the
> full
> 5-yard bucket full from gravel-pit
> loader!!! My 2-ton wieghs 7200 with
> me and
> gas in it and empty. It's an old 54
> vintage still hauling strong. Hope
> this
> rambling helps.
>
> "G"
>
> ==========================================================
> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> the words "unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the subject of the
> message.
>

________________________________________________________________





------------------------------

Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 23:09:22 -0500
Subject: My 71'
From: Jeff Simmons juno.com>

One more thing I forgot to ask.
I need a grill for my 71'. Mine was damaged when I bought the truck. It
was hit on right side
I thought about trying to straighten it, but on the edge where it is
about 2" wide, mine is about 1/2 in. wide. I don't think I could get it
perfect. So if anyone could loate one I would greatly appreciate it.
Please write me personally.
Jeff in KC
jpsimford juno.com
________________________________________________________________





------------------------------

From: "JOHN B. HELLDORFER" worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Sanderson headers link for Jason
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 21:20:34 -0800


here is your link info for sanderson headers

From: "Jason & Kathy Kendrick" mddc.com>
Subject: Sanderson Headers
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 15:11:00 -0600


Could anyone give me the link to the Sanderson Headers web page? Thanks,
Jason


http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.centuryperformance.com/sanderson.htm
HEADERS
Sanderson Headers
517 Railroad Ave.
South San Francisco, CA 94080-3450
(650) 583-4590

.
__JOHN__տ
ICQ#6030753
My Web Sites>>
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://clubs.excite.com/comm/area/pw/welcome/main.asp?cid=188005&auth=
http://www.ford-trucks.com/pictorial/big/1972_f250_2.html




------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 01:28:22 -0800
From: John Lord home.com>
Subject: Re: Galvanized metal cleaner?

I have used a nonabrasive buffing compound used for cars with clear coat
finishes, along with an electric polisher.
I picked up a gallon of it when worked as a fit it / detailer for a used car
lot.
Try to find a supplier of Blue Coral products for detailing use not home use.
and they should be able to set you up with something.

Brett L Habben wrote:

> Folks,
> What works to clean up the galvanized inner fenders and make them look
> new again? I went after mine with diesel/gas/lacquer thinner and managed
> to remove all the undercoating, overspray, grease, melted ignition module
> potting, etc. But they still look like an old Gleaner combine abandoned
> out in the grove for 50 years. Some sort of acid?
> Thanks,
> Brett
> Super75cab
> ________________________________________________________________
>
>
>
>
> ==========================================================
> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> the words "unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the subject of the
> message.


------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 07:29:42 -0500
From: Dan Herrmann in-motion.net>
Subject: Re: My 71'


Jeff, To get a perfect grille to go with that great looking truck or
future restore then I think your best bet is going to be to order a new one
from your local Ford Dealer. Amazingly Ford still offers this grille shell
for sale. The 71/72 shell is the same. You will want to order part number:
D2TZ-8200B . The bad news is the price, Retail: $480.00 . If you have a
friend or family member that works at a Ford dealership then you might be
able to save some bucks. Dealer cost on this shell is $282.56 . Other bad
news is the inserts are no longer available. You'll have to check through
the various obsolete dealers to find a set. More good news is that Ford
still offers the headlight doors as well. Not sure of the price on them.

Good Luck!!

Dan Herrmann


==========================================


At 11:09 PM 3/12/00 -0500, you wrote:
>One more thing I forgot to ask.
>I need a grill for my 71'. Mine was damaged when I bought the truck. It
>was hit on right side
>I thought about trying to straighten it, but on the edge where it is
>about 2" wide, mine is about 1/2 in. wide. I don't think I could get it
>perfect. So if anyone could loate one I would greatly appreciate it.
>Please write me personally.
>Jeff in KC
>jpsimford juno.com
>

------------------------------

From: "Peters, Gary (G.R.)" visteon.com>
Subject: Re: NP 205
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 08:07:01 -0500

The shift patterns are different. The 203 is full time so the shifter knob
has a hi and hi loc rather than 2 hi and 4 hi. Don't even have to get dirty
to get that one figured out :-)

If it's the 205 vs the 208 then look for any aluminum parts in the case
which means it's a 208. The 205 is 100% solid cast iron as is the 203 :-)

--
Michigan, Pot Hole Jumping,
78 Bronco Loving, Gary
--

>How do I find out which Transfer case I have? I've heard that
>the NP205
>sits about 3 inches farther forward than the NP208, is that true? I'm

------------------------------

From: prozell oaielectronics.com (OAI Electronics: Paul Rozell)
Subject: Re: Personal posts, lets take a vote......
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 07:39:56 -0600

From: Gary R. Peters lni.net>

> Gentlemen, remembering that this is an internet family and an educational
> list and self moderated to a great extent let's take a vote:
>
I personally do not see a problem with a post like the one that Gary sent.
Sometimes we all need some support. It seems like about once a month we have
to regress to bickering about content. As long as the lists are kept short
and don't get to the point where people are personally attacking one another
there shouldn't be a problem. Gary I hope that all is well with you and your
family, may God bless you and watch over you and your family....

Paul Rozell
65 F100 460 C6
----- Original Message -----


------------------------------

From: am14 daimlerchrysler.com
Subject: 9" rear swap
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:23:10 -0500

Paul R.

Someone else already advised you on swapping the center section and the
axles. This is what you should do, but you nead to measure the distance
from baking plate to the backing plate on each of the housings 1st. This
will tell you if the axles will interchange(same length). The spacing
between the spring mounts are not critical for the axle lengths themselves.
I think all the truck axles are the same length, but after what I went
through just a couple of weeks ago, I wouldn't bet on it..

Azie Magnusson
Ardmore, Al


------------------------------

From: "William S. Hart" iastate.edu>
Subject: Re: NP 205
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 08:32:18 -0600

> clear the front cross member on my 79 Bronco (because the front drive
> shaft hits the member).

Gary pretty much covered the 205/203/208 deal, but I'm curious about this
statement ? Is it sagging springs or what's causing it to hit? I'd guess
from the factory they never hit the cross member...just a hunch though ...

Just my $.02
wish

96 Mustang GT 5spd 4.6L
73ish 1/2ton 4x4 6.4L
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.public.iastate.edu/~wish


------------------------------

From: "William S. Hart" iastate.edu>
Subject: Re: Miscellany
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 08:52:37 -0600

Well lets try and cover several things here at one shot, I'll TRY and
include some FTE content for fun ...

> '67 Mercury Caliente 4 door sedan 289 V8 90K mi $1200
> 530-477-1393
>
> I personally never heard of such a model and I'm too
> lazy to do a 'net search right now, maybe later.
>

Its a Comet, the Caliente was the V8 "high class" version of the Comet, the
equivalent of the Falcon Futura if I remember right ...

I've wanted a 64 Caliente Convertible for a while now, after seein a
beautiful red vert ... drooooolll.... :)

> but hope you
> get your life together Gary. My best to your family
> too, for they also are having to adjust to you too.

I'll second this one, Gary and I don't always see eye to eye, but that
doesn't mean I want him injured, it might make him worse! :) Just kidding
of course, I do wish him the best.


> Since we are on this subject, I feel Gary's post was
> fine, appropriate, and he include FTE content.

Yup, I don't see why everyone gets so defensive when ONE post doesn't
include any FTE content, especially when its a response to another post that
does ... also it wasted just as much of my time reading the "this doesn't
have any FTE content post" as it did to read the 'get well soon' stuff that
I could have also easily deleted ... and then the following discussions
...sheesh ...

Anyway onto the FTE content I promised ... This weekend we used my 73ish to
haul a 74 Jeep back for a friend of mine ... we rented a 2 wheel dolly to
just winch it up on that and air the tires up, rather than trying to winch
it up on a trailer (tranny's got a huge hole in it). Anyway as we got onto
the interstate I was payin more attention to what was ahead of me since we
were headed up a hill and I wasn't sure how long it would take me to get up
to speed ... I glanced in the rearview and the Jeep's starting a fishtail
pretty bad .. I glance at the speedo "65, crap, I didn't want to be going
that fast yet" ... as I let off you could feel the truck start to sway a bit
now too as we dropped down below 55 it got better and eventually I was able
to get it to stop and bring the speed back up to nearly 60 and hold it ...

I'm thinking this was caused by a few different things ...

1) the tires on it were cheap junk yard tires that we had just aired up,
almost no sidewall strength in them.
2) the asphalt had sort of a wave in it 'cause it was old asphalt in the
midwest on the interstate
3) there was a crosswind that came and went and with 2 high profile vehicles
...

Tony had a similar experience earlier in the year with a trailer, so I'm
hopin these will help serve as a reminder to those of us who tow
occasionally, double check EVERYTHING and then be twice as careful too ...

On the bright side the truck did wonderfully, there was some pinging, but I
think that's cause I've let the timing drift back up, other than that it
didnt' miss a beat, Mapquest claims its a 90mile one way trip, probably a
shade more than that, but oh well, I was happy with it :)

2 days and the car comes out of storage, 6 days to the first race ... :)

Just my $.02
wish

96 Mustang GT 5spd 4.6L
73ish 1/2ton 4x4 6.4L
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.public.iastate.edu/~wish


------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 10:30:37 -0500
From: Bob Weaver home.com>
Subject: Re: NP 205

William
Sorry. I failed to mention the reason the drive shaft is hitting the
member, is because the Bronco is sporting a 8 inch lift.
Bob


"William S. Hart" wrote:
>
> > clear the front cross member on my 79 Bronco (because the front drive
> > shaft hits the member).
>
> Gary pretty much covered the 205/203/208 deal, but I'm curious about this
> statement ? Is it sagging springs or what's causing it to hit? I'd guess
> from the factory they never hit the cross member...just a hunch though ...
>
> Just my $.02
> wish
>
> 96 Mustang GT 5spd 4.6L
> 73ish 1/2ton 4x4 6.4L
> http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.public.iastate.edu/~wish
>
> ==========================================================
> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> the words "unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the subject of the
> message.

------------------------------

From: am14 daimlerchrysler.com
Subject: Non FTE
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 10:45:55 -0500

Good luck Gary. I think in some instances non FTE content is OK, and
certainly to anyone undergoing difficulties with their personal/familys
health.. True this is an FTE list, and we all know that we are supposed to
keep on subject. Exceptions are to be the kept to a minimum, but certainly
we support you and hope the best for you. We have come to look at the
people on this list as "family", and certainly we have compasion for one of
our "own"...

God Bless!!
Azie Magnusson
Ardmore, Al


------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 11:16:01 -0500
From: James Oxley thecore.com>
Subject: Re: NP 205

Bob Weaver wrote:
>
> Dear All,
>
> How do I find out which Transfer case I have? I've heard that the NP205
> sits about 3 inches farther forward than the NP208, is that true? I'm
> assuming I have the NP208 and would like to swap in the 205 so I can
> clear the front cross member on my 79 Bronco (because the front drive
> shaft hits the member). I'm also interested in a rebuild kit for the
> NP205 because I'm planning on purchasing it used. Would anyone know
> where to get one?
>

A 79 will have a 205. Yours is hitting because you have an auto tranny
I bet. I have a manual and about 7-8" susp lift with 44" tires and it
does not hit.

http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.thecore.com/~luxjo/BRONC_DETAILS/under.jpg


The only thing I would do to a 205 is replace the output bearings and
yoke seals, because it is easy to do. Otherwise, all the one's I have
found were in good working order. They are very hard to kill.

OX

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 11:35:45 -0500
From: Bob Weaver home.com>
Subject: Re: NP 205

James,
Do you have any more pics of your truck on the web...just kinda
like to see'em. Do you have a dual universal set up on your front axle,
or is that just where it meets the axle? So you're saying the manual
sits farther forward, ehy? Would you know of any way for me to get
around my dilemma, using the current TC and Trany? I'm sure I'll be
replacing/rebuilding soon after I get the 460 in, but would just like to
have everything running before I put it on the road.
Thanks,
Bob

James Oxley wrote:
>
> Bob Weaver wrote:
> >
> > Dear All,
> >
> > How do I find out which Transfer case I have? I've heard that the NP205
> > sits about 3 inches farther forward than the NP208, is that true? I'm
> > assuming I have the NP208 and would like to swap in the 205 so I can
> > clear the front cross member on my 79 Bronco (because the front drive
> > shaft hits the member). I'm also interested in a rebuild kit for the
> > NP205 because I'm planning on purchasing it used. Would anyone know
> > where to get one?
> >
>
> A 79 will have a 205. Yours is hitting because you have an auto tranny
> I bet. I have a manual and about 7-8" susp lift with 44" tires and it
> does not hit.
>
> http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.thecore.com/~luxjo/BRONC_DETAILS/under.jpg
>
> The only thing I would do to a 205 is replace the output bearings and
> yoke seals, because it is easy to do. Otherwise, all the one's I have
> found were in good working order. They are very hard to kill.
>
> OX
> ==========================================================
> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> the words "unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the subject of the
> message.

------------------------------

From: "Michael Ray Jones" lcc.net>
Subject: Ford junkyard & S. Padre
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 10:44:05 -0600


Getting older and having a 2yearold happened to S. Padre! I haven't been there since 91, but I think I should go back. This year, it's searching for 77 Ford truck parts, and Shamu!


1-800-397-9648
830-379-2092
Head south out of town on 123 a couple of miles. Look for a sign along
the highway. Take a left off 123 and wind down Fox Trotter Road. And ya
he has a ton of ford's. Wear boots.
Brett
Super75cab
PS. What happened to S. Padre?
>Several months ago (or more) there was some talk about a junkyard in
Seguin,
>TX (near San Antonio) that specialized in Old Ford Trucks. Does
anybody
>know the name of the place? I'm going there for spring break next week
and
>want to check it out!



------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 13:10:25 -0500
From: James Oxley thecore.com>
Subject: Re: NP 205

Bob Weaver wrote:
>
> James,
> Do you have any more pics of your truck on the web...just kinda
> like to see'em.

See http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.thecore.com/~luxjo/BRONC_DETAILS/

http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.thecore.com/~luxjo/jacksonhiddhills/Jimchurnin.JPG
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.thecore.com/~luxjo/jacksonhiddhills/Jimin.JPG
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.thecore.com/~luxjo/MISC1099/Bronc.jpg

> Do you have a dual universal set up on your front axle,
> or is that just where it meets the axle?

It is normally called a CV joint and/or double cardan I think and no I
ditched that on the front as I kept trashing the "CV ball" that is
between the 2 joints. A non-CV shaft droops farther and holds up better
than a CV shaft, no matter what the experts say :-).

>So you're saying the manual sits farther forward, ehy?

Yes, 3 inches I'd guess based off measuring stock rear driveshaft
lengths froma man to an auto truck.

>Would you know of any way for me to get around my dilemma, using the >current TC and Trany?

How much space do you need? Are you hitting at full droop or are you
hitting sitting in the driveway? You can knotch that crossmember and
then beef it up under or back further on it, thats what I would do
if/when I go auto!!

OX

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 15:00:32 -0500
From: Bob Weaver home.com>
Subject: Re: NP 205

Wow James, nice pictorial, and truck of course. Impressive fabrication
on the bumpers, spare tire rack, and skid plates. You're a local too,
I'm from just outside Phila PA.
I can't even attach the drive shaft to the axle because it hits. I need
about 3-4 inches longitude. In order to go vertical, I would have to
notch the member considerably in order to clear the path. That would
involve then, beefing up the member with supports (welding). I'm trying
to get a welder, but I don't know which type would be best. I've tried
welding once before with a neighbors (old) machine, and basically
failed.
Thanks for the advice,
Bob

James Oxley wrote:
>
> Bob Weaver wrote:
> >
> > James,
> > Do you have any more pics of your truck on the web...just kinda
> > like to see'em.
>
> See http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.thecore.com/~luxjo/BRONC_DETAILS/
>
> http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.thecore.com/~luxjo/jacksonhiddhills/Jimchurnin.JPG
> http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.thecore.com/~luxjo/jacksonhiddhills/Jimin.JPG
> http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.thecore.com/~luxjo/MISC1099/Bronc.jpg
>
> > Do you have a dual universal set up on your front axle,
> > or is that just where it meets the axle?
>
> It is normally called a CV joint and/or double cardan I think and no I
> ditched that on the front as I kept trashing the "CV ball" that is
> between the 2 joints. A non-CV shaft droops farther and holds up better
> than a CV shaft, no matter what the experts say :-).
>
> >So you're saying the manual sits farther forward, ehy?
>
> Yes, 3 inches I'd guess based off measuring stock rear driveshaft
> lengths froma man to an auto truck.
>
> >Would you know of any way for me to get around my dilemma, using the >current TC and Trany?
>
> How much space do you need? Are you hitting at full droop or are you
> hitting sitting in the driveway? You can knotch that crossmember and
> then beef it up under or back further on it, thats what I would do
> if/when I go auto!!
>
> OX
> ==========================================================
> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> the words "unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the subject of the
> message.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 16:50:56 -0500
From: James Oxley thecore.com>
Subject: Re: NP 205

Bob Weaver wrote:
>
> Wow James, nice pictorial, and truck of course. Impressive fabrication
> on the bumpers, spare tire rack, and skid plates.

Thanks!!

You're a local too,
> I'm from just outside Phila PA.
> I can't even attach the drive shaft to the axle because it hits. I need
> about 3-4 inches longitude. In order to go vertical, I would have to
> notch the member considerably in order to clear the path. That would
> involve then, beefing up the member with supports (welding).

I have an idea, but I have to check on it. I'm thinking maybe reversing
the crossmember, as it sticks forward much more than it sticks back (if
I remember right). You may need to redrill a whole bunch of holes for TC
mount and/or radius drop down brackets.

I'm trying
> to get a welder, but I don't know which type would be best.

a small lincoln MIG, mine is awsome.

I've tried
> welding once before with a neighbors (old) machine, and basically
> failed.

Me too, I have sears stick welder, bought new, barely used. Got the MIG
and I weld really good now. Thicker metal is NO problem for me at all. I
even weld things I need to trust my life to now. I mean it still takes
practice, but you will be able to weld the first day with a MIG. Make
sure you get a tank and bypass the "gasless" stuff, it just does not
work nearly as well as MIG.

> Thanks for the advice,

No prob, good luck with it.

OX

------------------------------

From: "Charles T." hal-pc.org>
Subject: Re: Galvanized metal cleaner?
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 19:11:45 -0800


> Folks,
> What works to clean up the galvanized inner fenders and make them look
> new again?
_____________--

Take them off, sandblast them, and have them powder coated. They will look
new all over again.
Charles



------------------------------

From: Mouse2Mann aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 20:24:24 EST
Subject: Re: gas tank

I would like to relocate the gas tank from my '62 unibody from inside the
cab to between the frame rails. Anyone had any experience doing this and will
share? If possible, I would like to keep the same fill location but will
entertain other ideas.
Thanks.................John

------------------------------

From: "Jason & Kathy Kendrick" mddc.com>
Subject: Re: 390 0r 352?
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 19:46:50 -0600

Matt, C6ME-A could be a '66-'76 390, a '66-'70 428, a '64-'77 330MD, a
'64-'78 330 HD, or a '64-'78 359,361,389, or a 391. The last six choices are
highly unlikely, because they're big truck engines. Between the 390 and the
428, you've probably got a 390(much more common). An easy to figure out the
stroke of your engine would be to remove a spark plug, insert a long wooden....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.