Please do not repost, forward or otherwise publish messages
contained in these archives without consent from the respective
author(s). These archives may not, in whole or part, be stored on
any public retrieval system (FTP, web, gopher, newsgroup, etc.) by
individuals or companies, without consent of the respective authors.

Received: with LISTAR (v0.128a; list 61-79-list); Wed, 08 Mar 2000 13:11:38 -0500 (EST)
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 13:11:38 -0500 (EST)
From: Ford Truck Enthusiasts List Server ford-trucks.com>
To: 61-79-list digest users ford-trucks.com>
Reply-to: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: 61-79-list Digest V2000 #32
Precedence: bulk

==========================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts 1961-1979 Truck Mailing List

Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com

To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
the words "unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the subject of the
message.
==========================================================

------------------------------------
61-79-list Digest Tue, 07 Mar 2000 Volume: 2000 Issue: 032

In This Issue:
F-150 sway bars
Re: C6 Bellhousing Clarification
FE
Re: carb woes
Re: Sanderson FE Shorty Headers Update
Re: C6 Bellhousing Clarification
˙ength axles
NP435's
Re: Help with new bumper front 1979 F150 supercab
C 6's
FMX
Yes!!
460 Exhaust (round 2)!
Re: Ford Trucks everywhere
Re: Not FT, but I though you guys might get a kick out of
Re: Ford Trucks everywhere
Re: Bolt together boxes?
Re: F-150 sway bars
Re: Help with new bumper front 1979 F150 supercab
390 Questions
Re: Not FT, but I though you guys might get a kick out
Re: Help with new bumper front 1979 F150 supercab
Re: 460 Exhaust (round 2)!
Turn signal
Re: Ford Trucks everywhere
X-pipes vs H-pipes
Ford Truck Kills
Re: Ford Truck Kills
Re: Ford Truck Kills
Re: Ford Truck Kills - forgot C*e*y v Ford!
Re: Ford Truck Kills
Re: Ford Truck Kills
Re: Ford Truck Kills
Re: Ford Truck Kills
Re: Ford Truck Kills

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "Harvey, Blaine" sgc.gc.ca>
Subject: F-150 sway bars
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 13:22:34 -0500

I was looking at the JC Whitney on-line catalogue, searching for sway bar
kit for 79 F-150 2wd, because I have read before that this is the most
likely source. Selection seems to stop before 79 and picks up again with
year 80. Anyone have a good source for this item? I am assuming that Ford,
with its rather pathetic customer support for anything more than four years
old, can't help. I tried searching the archives and kept getting error
messages, so I couldn't track down any earlier traffic on this issue.

thanks

Blaine


------------------------------

From: "Dave Resch" sybase.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 12:10:58 -0700
Subject: Re: C6 Bellhousing Clarification


Paul wrote:
>Talked with the person last night and now
> he is saying that the tranny is a
>FMX???? I have heard of them but have
> no experience with them. A-will this
>tranny fit my 460?

Then Wish chimed in:
>If it bolts to a 400 it'll bolt to a 460 ...

Then John added:
>I don't think the FMX was ever attached
>to a 400 as in the 351m/400 family.

Yo Paul & Wish & John:

If the tranny is actually an FMX (a big "if"), then it will not bolt to a 460.

The FMX was offered w/ the 400 in the 1973 model year in some Torinos and
Montegos (and possibly in Rancheros), and that 400 is the somewhat rare
small-block bolt pattern 400 (block casting #D3AE-B). That 400 block used the
same bell housing bolt pattern as the 351C and small-block Fords (289/302/351W).

The 385 series engines (429/460) were never equipped with the FMX from the
factory.

As I understand it, a sure way to ID the FMX is by its cast iron case. The C6
has an aluminum case. If you can see the engine it came from, look at the block
casting number on the right side below the last two cylinders, just above the
starter. If the block casting number is D3AE, the tranny is an FMX.

I also agree w/ John that this deal is starting to get fishy. Maybe this guy
really just doesn't know what the part is, but that means caveat emptor, you
have to verify the parts yourself.

Good luck.

Dave R (M-block devotee)



------------------------------

From: am14 daimlerchrysler.com
Subject: FE
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 14:23:57 -0500

Jimmy M. writes: >>At risk of sounding dumb, what does FE stand for?<<

If you don't know, then it is never a dumb question.
FE = Ford - Edsel which just happens to be cars that the FE was introduced
to the consumer in as standard engines.

They came in the following displacements through the years -332 upon
introduction in '58, then these followed (not necessarily in order) - 352
- 390 - 406 - 427 - 410 - 428 - 360(F series trucks only).. Maybe others,
but I don't think so.
The FT is large truck version of FE. Crankshaft snout is larger and all
truck cranksfafts were billett steel(I think).

Azie Magnusson
Ardmore, Al


------------------------------

Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 14:46:15 -0500 (EST)
From: younkers auracom.com (R)
Subject: Re: carb woes

An update on my problem, just in case anyone was interested. Thanks for all
the responses, information from experts in the area gives a schmoe like
myself just enough confidence to tear something like this apart. That said,
I'm sitting here right now with the top of my carbeurator on my lap. I just
cleaned it up real good and want to make sure it is perfectly dry. Turns
out the float was fine as it is in the opposite end of the bowl from the
fuel filter. What happened is that where the fuel enters the carbeurator
through the filter is a very shallow area. The fuel doesn't enter directly
into the bowl, it enters a smaller reservoir that is opened and closed by a
needle valve which is controlled by the float. (All this I've just learned
by the way). What happened is that when I used the easy out to remove the
filter stub, I punched a hole in this smaller reservoir, then another hole
in the bowl. Presto two holes where there should be none. Anyway, I've
used the pieces that fell out of the reservoir and a little more of my new
found friend (JB weld) and have patched both holes. Now, off to put the top
back on and hope for the best. If this fails, I guess it's off to the local
junk yard in search of another carb. Probably would've been the easy way in
the first place, but look what I learned by doing things the hard way.

Fingers crossed heading back out to the driveway.

Robert


------------------------------

From: draco pacifier.com
Subject: Re: Sanderson FE Shorty Headers Update
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 12:35:16 -0800 (PST)

CJ wrote:
> We'll see what they say...do you know if they have a web site so
> that I can provide them with some feedback?

They didn't have a web site when I bought my headers and didn't sound
like they had any plans for one. The people I talked to on the phone
were friendly and helpful. Here's the address and phone#.

Sanderson Headers
517 Railroad Ave.
South San Francisco, CA 94080-3450
(650) 583-4590


Mark in Southwest Washington
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.pacifier.com/~draco/Truck.html
--
'74 F-100 Ranger XLT 4X4
in digest mode

------------------------------

From: "William S. Hart" iastate.edu>
Subject: Re: C6 Bellhousing Clarification
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 14:39:41 -0600


> Then Wish chimed in:
> >If it bolts to a 400 it'll bolt to a 460 ...
>
> Then John added:
> >I don't think the FMX was ever attached
> >to a 400 as in the 351m/400 family.
>
> Yo Paul & Wish & John:
>
> If the tranny is actually an FMX (a big "if"), then it will not
> bolt to a 460.
>

Uhm, help me out here Dave, but if a C6 shares a bellhousing bolt pattern
between the 400 and 460, won't it need the same pattern for the FMX ? So
what won't bolt up? The torque converter maybe ?


> The FMX was offered w/ the 400 in the 1973 model year in some Torinos and
> Montegos (and possibly in Rancheros), and that 400 is the somewhat rare
> small-block bolt pattern 400 (block casting #D3AE-B). That 400
> block used the
> same bell housing bolt pattern as the 351C and small-block Fords
> (289/302/351W).
>

Ohhhhhhhhh!!!!! Now that makes sense ... so you're sayin if he could find
that 400 that was on the front of the FMX he'd have a real find! ;)


> Dave R (M-block devotee)
>

Isn't it great to have such devoted people around when you need em? :)

Just my $.02
wish

96 Mustang GT 5spd 4.6L
73ish 1/2ton 4x4 6.4L
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.public.iastate.edu/~wish


------------------------------

From: am14 daimlerchrysler.com
Subject: ˙ength axles
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 15:48:21 -0500

John LaG. writes: >>Last week someone said they measured axles and the
right and
left are the same length.<<

That would be me.. Truck axles left and right are equal length. I do not
believe that this applies to cars, though since I seem to remember that
there was a left and right side when working on them and the axles were
different lengths.
Now consider this. If the axles are equal length doesn't that mean that
the ringgear is offset. The ringgear is not centered on the carrier, so it
has to be.. If the axles are not equal length, then the pinion could be in
the exact center. Does this make sense. I have a car rear out at the shop
and if I can get time this weekend, I'll verify my thoughts..

Azie Magnusson
Ardmore, Al


------------------------------

From: am14 daimlerchrysler.com
Subject: NP435's
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 15:54:26 -0500

Mark H. writes: >>In the April issue of 4 Wheel & Off Road (Nuts and Bolts
section) they explain that the Dana 21 models are 2 wheel drive
transmissions with an adapter bolted on. The four wheel drive versions have
a different bolt pattern and use a different
adapter.  Just something to watch for if your looking for a NP435.<<

Now who'd uh thunk it... Does that mean that the NP435 in my '77 with
divorced transfer case and the one in my Sons '79 with married transfer
case have different rear bolt patterns. This seems to indicate that they
indeed do...

Azie Magnusson
Ardmore, Al


------------------------------

Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 15:59:39 -0500
From: "Christopher J. Phillips" mail.med.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Help with new bumper front 1979 F150 supercab

I need a resource to find a new front bumper 1979 F150

Still new to this I went to replace the front break pads it was getting
late in the evening so stooped before I got to far how do you remove the
old style break shoe from the front wheel. Remove 9/16 bolt from lower
left? What are the wedges on the lower front side of the wheel?
I feel like a putz asking but any help would be great

1997 ESCORT WAGON
1989 RANGER V6
1979 F-150 RANGER SUPERCAB

Chris Phillips
Ardmore Pa.


>==========================================================
>To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
>the words "unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the subject of the
>message.


Christopher J. Phillips (215) 573-5427 voice
Building Administrator (215) 898-6252 fax
University of Pennsylvania Medical Center
215 Blockley Hall
423 Guardian Drive
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6069



------------------------------

From: am14 daimlerchrysler.com
Subject: C 6's
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 16:12:39 -0500

Jeff B. writes: >>yes, I have a c6 on my 72 460<<

In response to Paul R's question>>
> I have an opportunity to purchase a C6 tranny for my truck (mines been
> acting up for a while). The person wanting to sell the C6 said
> that it came
> off of a 400 modified??? Will this bellhousing and bolt pattern
> fit a 460???<<

Jeff - Not all C6's are created equal!!!

There are at least 3 different bolt patterns on the front, and each pattern
is speciffically for a series of engines..

Roung bell housing is for FE and will not fit the others.(360 & 390 most
common but also will fit any of the FE's)

Narrow spaced top holes straight across pattern on top front of bell
housing is for small block (302/351W & C) and will not fit the others..

Wide spaced top holes straight across pattern on top front of bell housing
is for the 335 and 385 series engines (351M/400 and 429/460).

Did I cover them all guys???

Azie Magnusson
Ardmore, Al


------------------------------

From: am14 daimlerchrysler.com
Subject: FMX
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 16:17:05 -0500

Paul R's Question: >>

> B-is this tranny worth putting on my 460? I
> realize there
> will probably be varied opinions but all of them are welcomed.

Wish's answer: >>

You're not jokin here ... we have a few at home behind Windsors, no real
problems with them (other than the one being 25+ years old without a
rebuild
and run hard), the one we have that's "slipping" or "bad" is still getting
a
second gear scratch with a hopped up 351 in front of it, and the one I had
before with a mostly stock 351 ran fine for me (until I broke that
telephone
pole with the car)... whether it'll live behind a much larger vehicle with
a
lot more power I can't say for sure, likely not very long in stock trim ...

I guess if it were my money I'd shop around for a C6 unless you really need
this truck back on the road ASAP or are getting an incredible deal on the
FMX and can afford to fix it ...<<

I agree totally..




------------------------------

From: "Ted and Sarah Freeman" ford-trucks.com>
Subject: Yes!!
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 19:22:31 -0500


Well, gang, I guess I'll be using my ole '68 to get my next project! I just
scored a '68 Mustang Convertible for $200. I pick her up on Friday!

Now for the next question....where's a good place (like this one) that I can
go and get info on this bad boy?

Please respond privately. I don't want to clog up the Truck talk with
Mustang stuff.

Thanks!

-Ted


------------------------------

From: "Luke Phillips" hotmail.com>
Subject: 460 Exhaust (round 2)!
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 19:44:05 CST

Hello Gary,
I have decided that the "H" pipe is the way to go. The question I have is,
Where does it need to be installed? I was told to paint the exhaust pipe
white and where it stops burning is where it needs to go. Is this true or
not? Please help! Thanks,

Luke Phillips
67 F100 shortbed 240 I6 (460 being built)
98 Taurus SE
______________________________________________________


------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 17:59:13 -0800
From: CLAUDE JONES phonewave.net>
Subject: Re: Ford Trucks everywhere

Yup, out west here I'm starting to see more coming out also. As for
yard hunting I was out on saturday and at one yard alone I came across a
62,two 64's,two 65's and 66, enough body parts to put one back together!
but the interiors were stripped clean as a chicken bone! :o)
The next yard I went to a found a chrome grille for a 60, and a
painted grille for a 63, I think it was a 60? had ford spelled out in
the middle of the grille, can't remember for shore but I think thier was
a couple of good fender. This yard also had 2 65's that they had a
bunch of junk piled up in them, but there was plenty of parts left on
them.
The last yard I went too had a brunt out 64 fleetside, and I mean
burned out!!! On the way out I asked them if that was all they had for
60's fords and they said well go out the gate up the road a half mile we
have another small lot that we keep vechiles that we might sell whole,
but its locked and the owner of the yard wasn't there but they said that
they thought there was a 66 and a 60 up there. I got up there and right
off I spotted the 66 and thought that's to nice to be sitting in a junk
yard! It was sweet, nice red paint job chrome trim around the wheel
wells, and down the door edges, all emblems still there. Then I spotted
what they thought was the 60, Nope!! 57 F100 shortbed! complete! but it
needs a little loving care, a couple dents in the bed and some surface
rust.
Well to finish this I have to call tomorrow to talk with the owner on
a price? Anybody want to buy a boy child! heck I'll throw in his sister
too! :o)
Sorry about the story! but had to tell someone.
Claude.......
66 F250 Custom Cab, 352, 4spd


------------------------------

From: ballingr bootheel.net
Subject: Re: Not FT, but I though you guys might get a kick out of
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 20:00:30 -0600

> Excellent! give me a call next time you kill another car or
> two! need to post a photo of your f-series pulling the pigs out
> of the pit.

You guys be damn careful. I came close to losing a 17 yr old son a few
weeks back. He and a friend were cutting donuts in a gravel parking lot
(with every kid in town there) in a '98 Ranger. The truck flipped and
number 1 son ended up halfway out the window with the side of the top across
his back. Fortunately it was a flare side, his head was in the pocket
between the fender and the back of the cab. A syleside would have took his
light. A bunch of his buddies pulled the truck off of him. He had some
internal bleeding, a bruised lung, 3 broken ribs 5 cracked ones, and chipped
transverse process.(one of the little wings on your vertebrae) He came very
close to crushing his spine, and would have been paralyzed.

We are very fortunate that God decided to leave him with us a while longer.
As soon as he's well I'm going to kick his ass.


------------------------------

From: canzus seanet.com
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 18:32:36 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Ford Trucks everywhere

At 05:59 PM 07:03:2000 -0800, you wrote:
> Then I spotted
>what they thought was the 60, Nope!! 57 F100 shortbed! complete! but it
>needs a little loving care, a couple dents in the bed and some surface
>rust.

Where are you??

Steve & the Rockette
68 F100, 390cid, FMX
63 F100, 292cid, 3speed
72 Capri 2000, hers
73 Capri 2600,tube frame going in.....
73 MGB GT, Our Toy
94 SHO, SWMBO's
98 Contour SVT, Mine, Mine, All Mine....


------------------------------

From: FORDTRKNUT aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 22:14:29 EST
Subject: Re: Bolt together boxes?

I have a friend who has one. It is made in Japan and sold by a body panel
place. I think that the name was TABCO. I suggest stopping by an autobody
shop and asking them for a phone number. I can say...yea....it looks nice
when installed. It now is falling apart, most of the welds seperated from
each other. The tailgate does not have the FORD stamped into the
back....thats the giveaway for the Jap Tailgate. If you want to install an
original FORD tailgate...forget about it. The stuff don't fit at all. There
was about an inch gap between the side & the tailgate. I was going to go
this route with my 1979 F-350 4x4, but decided to get a rustfree original. I
live in New Jersey and bought it from Desert Valley Auto Parts in Pheniox,
Arizona. Has dual gas tanks and passenger side toolbox built into side. It
is perfect...no rust ever, and they delivered it to my door. I recommend
them as a honest parts source, best part is that they take Credit Cards!!!!
There web address is: http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.dvap.com Any questions...just ask!!!
Wayne Grabley

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 21:32:10 -0500
Subject: Re: F-150 sway bars
From: Jeff Simmons juno.com>

Blaine, I went down to my local pick-a-part salvage yard and got one off
an older camper special. The only tough part is unbolting that bolt that
goes through the I-beam
to get the bracket off. I think I got the whole set up for around $
15.00.
That will save you about $100.00 and looks original.
Jeff in KC
On Tue, 7 Mar 2000 13:22:34 -0500 "Harvey, Blaine" sgc.gc.ca>
writes:
> I was looking at the JC Whitney on-line catalogue, searching for sway
> bar
> kit for 79 F-150 2wd, because I have read before that this is the
> most
> likely source. Selection seems to stop before 79 and picks up again
> with
> year 80. Anyone have a good source for this item? I am assuming that
> Ford,
> with its rather pathetic customer support for anything more than
> four years
> old, can't help. I tried searching the archives and kept getting
> error
> messages, so I couldn't track down any earlier traffic on this
> issue.
>
> thanks
>
> Blaine
>
> ==========================================================
> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> the words "unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the subject of the
> message.
>

________________________________________________________________





------------------------------

From: "Tim and Pam Allgire" williams-net.com>
Subject: Re: Help with new bumper front 1979 F150 supercab
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 00:14:28 -0500

J.C.Whitney is a good place to look for the front bumper.Remove the bolt &
the wedges must be removed-usually by using a hammer & a punch that won't
mangle the end of the wedges,then simply replace the wedges when you put the
brakes back together.
-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher J. Phillips mail.med.upenn.edu>
To: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com <61-79-list ford-trucks.com>
Cc: am14 daimlerchrysler.com daimlerchrysler.com>
Date: Tuesday, March 07, 2000 4:06 PM
Subject: [61-79-list] Re: Help with new bumper front 1979 F150 supercab


>I need a resource to find a new front bumper 1979 F150
>
>Still new to this I went to replace the front break pads it was getting
>late in the evening so stooped before I got to far how do you remove the
>old style break shoe from the front wheel. Remove 9/16 bolt from lower
>left? What are the wedges on the lower front side of the wheel?
> I feel like a putz asking but any help would be great
>
>1997 ESCORT WAGON
>1989 RANGER V6
>1979 F-150 RANGER SUPERCAB
>
>Chris Phillips
>Ardmore Pa.
>
>
>>==========================================================
>>To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
>>the words "unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the subject of the
>>message.
>
>
>Christopher J. Phillips (215) 573-5427 voice
>Building Administrator (215) 898-6252 fax
>University of Pennsylvania Medical Center
>215 Blockley Hall
>423 Guardian Drive
>Philadelphia, PA 19104-6069
>
>
>==========================================================
>To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
>the words "unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the subject of the
>message.
>


------------------------------

From: "Doug Neely" telus.net>
Subject: 390 Questions
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 21:21:49 -0800

Brad,
The 3U crank is listed in Steve Christ's book as a 390 crank
from a 73-76 truck, what are the casting # on the con rods?

Cheers
Doug



------------------------------

Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 01:32:44 -0800
From: John Lord home.com>
Subject: Re: Not FT, but I though you guys might get a kick out

I used to trash cars for fun in my teens. Im now in my 30's.
After all the near misses we all had this is what happened to one of the friends
i went and had fun with.

Last year a good friend of mine jumped out of his truck (passenger onboard) to
use a bush late one night on the side of the hiway. He slipped on a rock when he
put the weight of his first foot on the ground he slipped and hit his head on
the truck then hit it again or a rock. he died within minutes.

i consider it a great loss, but also the strangest car related accident i have
ever hear of.

ballingr bootheel.net wrote:

> > Excellent! give me a call next time you kill another car or
> > two! need to post a photo of your f-series pulling the pigs out
> > of the pit.
>
> You guys be damn careful. I came close to losing a 17 yr old son a few
> weeks back. He and a friend were cutting donuts in a gravel parking lot
> (with every kid in town there) in a '98 Ranger. The truck flipped and
> number 1 son ended up halfway out the window with the side of the top across
> his back. Fortunately it was a flare side, his head was in the pocket
> between the fender and the back of the cab. A syleside would have took his
> light. A bunch of his buddies pulled the truck off of him. He had some
> internal bleeding, a bruised lung, 3 broken ribs 5 cracked ones, and chipped
> transverse process.(one of the little wings on your vertebrae) He came very
> close to crushing his spine, and would have been paralyzed.
>
> We are very fortunate that God decided to leave him with us a while longer.
> As soon as he's well I'm going to kick his ass.
>
> ==========================================================
> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> the words "unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the subject of the
> message.


------------------------------

Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 07:56:35 -0500
From: "Christopher J. Phillips" mail.med.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Help with new bumper front 1979 F150 supercab


1979 F150 Ranger Supercab

Thanks
I just pick up the truck on Sunday. Not in bad shape.Needs a little work
Front Breaks & roters Moter A lttle loud, Low oil presure. Also some rust


At 12:14 AM -0500 3/8/2000, Tim and Pam Allgire wrote:
>J.C.Whitney is a good place to look for the front bumper.Remove the bolt &
>the wedges must be removed-usually by using a hammer & a punch that won't
>mangle the end of the wedges,then simply replace the wedges when you put the
>brakes back together.
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Christopher J. Phillips mail.med.upenn.edu>
>To: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com <61-79-list ford-trucks.com>
>Cc: am14 daimlerchrysler.com daimlerchrysler.com>
>Date: Tuesday, March 07, 2000 4:06 PM
>Subject: [61-79-list] Re: Help with new bumper front 1979 F150 supercab
>
>
>>I need a resource to find a new front bumper 1979 F150
>>
>>Still new to this I went to replace the front break pads it was getting
>>late in the evening so stooped before I got to far how do you remove the
>>old style break shoe from the front wheel. Remove 9/16 bolt from lower
>>left? What are the wedges on the lower front side of the wheel?
>> I feel like a putz asking but any help would be great
>>
>>1997 ESCORT WAGON
>>1989 RANGER V6
>>1979 F-150 RANGER SUPERCAB
>>
>>Chris Phillips
>>Ardmore Pa.
>>
>>
>>>==========================================================
>>>To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
>>>the words "unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the subject of the
>>>message.
>>
>>
>>Christopher J. Phillips (215) 573-5427 voice
>>Building Administrator (215) 898-6252 fax
>>University of Pennsylvania Medical Center
>>215 Blockley Hall
>>423 Guardian Drive
>>Philadelphia, PA 19104-6069
>>
>>
>>==========================================================
>>To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
>>the words "unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the subject of the
>>message.
>>
>
>==========================================================
>To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
>the words "unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the subject of the
>message.


Christopher J. Phillips (215) 573-5427 voice
Building Administrator (215) 898-6252 fax
University of Pennsylvania Medical Center
215 Blockley Hall
423 Guardian Drive
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6069



------------------------------

From: "William S. Hart" iastate.edu>
Subject: Re: 460 Exhaust (round 2)!
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 08:09:50 -0600


>I was told to paint the exhaust pipe
> white and where it stops burning is where it needs to go. Is this true or
> not?

Seems like that's what I've been told was the correct way to do it a few
times ...someone once came up with a source that "proved" it, but don't
remember who off hand...

Just my $.02
wish

96 Mustang GT 5spd 4.6L
73ish 1/2ton 4x4 6.4L
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.public.iastate.edu/~wish


------------------------------

Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 09:17:59 -0500
From: John Peck visuallink.com>
Subject: Turn signal

Hey everbody,

I replaced the steering shift collar on my 69 - F100. I cut the wires
under the turn signal collar and then splice stretched them to reattach.
I have one problem and that is reattaching the blue and green wire to
the turn signal cam. I had ordered a replacement cam from Autokrafters
but it has some fundamental differences. When I removed the two wires
originally I snapped them directly off the cam. The new cam has no wire
mount points or the the small copper bowtie wire. How can I reattach the
cam wires to the old one to at least get it back on the road legally?

TIA
John Peck


------------------------------

Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 06:28:58 -0800
From: Dennis Pearson ctc.edu>
Subject: Re: Ford Trucks everywhere

Thanks for your message at 05:59 PM 3/7/00 -0800, CLAUDE JONES. Your
message was:
> The next yard I went to a found a chrome grille for a 60, and a
>painted grille for a 63, I think it was a 60? had ford spelled out in
>the middle of the grille, ...

That sounds like a '61...


Dennis Pearson in Kennewick, WA

1962 Unibody, short box, big window--351C
1966 F250 Custom Cab, 352, 4-speed
1962 short stepside (Cadillac 500)
I shortened this to only FT's

http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://home.att.net/~dlpearson/levi.htm

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 10:27:27 -0500
From: Travis McGlaughlin hood.edu>
Subject: X-pipes vs H-pipes

Finished reading all the X-pipe/H-pipe posts yesterday.
Went home last night and found the April 2000 edition of SUPER FORD in my
mailbox.
Across the top of the cover is:

"5.0 Shootout: X-PIPES vs. H-PIPES DYNO TEST!"

Anyone interested in this might want to snag a copy of the magazine.

BTW, if anybody is interested, it seems that the tried and true H-pipe
seemed to outdo the new-tech X-pipe.

------------------------------

From: "William S. Hart" iastate.edu>
Subject: Ford Truck Kills
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 09:55:43 -0600

Hey I ran across this on the web ...

http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.rankinroad.com/03-05-00/UncleJessie-vs-BlackFirebird.mpg


And I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the truck ... its
obviously not stock ...

Just my $.02
wish

96 Mustang GT 5spd 4.6L
73ish 1/2ton 4x4 6.4L
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.public.iastate.edu/~wish


------------------------------

From: "Moore, Jimmy" ZymeTx.com>
Subject: Re: Ford Truck Kills
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 10:21:49 -0600

I just checked this out. My '81 beats firebirds all the time. It's got the
old six banger in it. Every night when I go to sleep and start dreaming, my
'81 beats everything on the road, including the tried and true Mustang! GO
FORD!!!
Eventually my '64 F-100 with the 292 V8 will be operational. I hooked up a
battery the other day, and the headlights are not operational. There are no
taillights. What do they look like? Can I get them from the dealer? I
replaced the plugs, wires, points, coil, dist. cap, and rotor, and still I'm
not getting fire. Any suggestions? May just have to do a complete tear
down and rebuild. It's turning, but no fire to start it. Also, does anyone
know of a cheap source for a radiator around OKC? Cheapest I found is a
hundred bucks for a rebuilt one.

Jim Moore
1964 Ford F-100 292
1981 Ford F-150 300 Six
Oklahoma City, OK


-----Original Message-----
From: William S. Hart [mailto:wish iastate.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2000 9:56 AM
To: 61-79-List; Perf-List
Cc: SVT
Subject: [61-79-list] Ford Truck Kills


Hey I ran across this on the web ...

http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.rankinroad.com/03-05-00/UncleJessie-vs-BlackFirebird.mpg


And I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the truck ... its
obviously not stock ...

Just my $.02
wish

96 Mustang GT 5spd 4.6L
73ish 1/2ton 4x4 6.4L
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.public.iastate.edu/~wish

==========================================================
To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
the words "unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the subject of the
message.

------------------------------

From: tfreeman murphyfarms.com
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 11:29:01 -0500
Subject: Re: Ford Truck Kills

Hahahahah HAHAHAHA Hahahaha! I LOVE it.

My sides still hurt! ;-)

-Ted





Please respond to 61-79-list ford-trucks.com

To: "61-79-List" <61-79-list ford-trucks.com>, "Perf-List"
ford-trucks.com>
cc: "SVT" onelist.com> (bcc: Ted Freeman/MURPHY_FAMILY_FARMS)
Subject: [61-79-list] Ford Truck Kills



Hey I ran across this on the web ...

http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.rankinroad.com/03-05-00/UncleJessie-vs-BlackFirebird.mpg


And I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the truck ... its
obviously not stock ...

Just my $.02
wish













------------------------------

From: "Moore, Jimmy" ZymeTx.com>
Subject: Re: Ford Truck Kills - forgot C*e*y v Ford!
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 10:39:26 -0600

http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.rankinroad.com/03-05-00/Gumby-vs-GreenFordTruck.mpg

You forgot about this one!

To: "61-79-List" <61-79-list ford-trucks.com>, "Perf-List"
ford-trucks.com>
cc: "SVT" onelist.com> (bcc: Ted
Freeman/MURPHY_FAMILY_FARMS)
Subject: [61-79-list] Ford Truck Kills



Hey I ran across this on the web ...

http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.rankinroad.com/03-05-00/UncleJessie-vs-BlackFirebird.mpg


And I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the truck ... its
obviously not stock ...

Just my $.02
wish












==========================================================
To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
the words "unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the subject of the
message.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 10:37:11 -0600
Subject: Re: Ford Truck Kills
From: "John LaGrone" ford-trucks.com>

> And I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the truck ... its
> obviously not stock ...

Don't know anything about the truck, but that was the best QuickTime movie
I've watched in quite awhile.

-- John
jlagrone ford-trucks.com <]:-) <]:-)<]:-)<]:-)<]:-)<]:-)
1979 F150 Custom, Long Wide Bed, Regular Cab, 351M, C6 (Henry)
http://www.ford-trucks.com/jlagrone/henry.home.htm
Dearborn iron rules!!!!

------------------------------

From: prozell oaielectronics.com (OAI Electronics: Paul Rozell)
Subject: Re: Ford Truck Kills
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 11:15:55 -0600

----- Original Message -----

> Hey I ran across this on the web ...
>
> http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.rankinroad.com/03-05-00/UncleJessie-vs-BlackFirebird.mpg
>
>

Good Lord that has got to be one of the best races I have seen in a
while........I think I would be lookin to sell the blackbird and find a good
ford truck with a camper. Is there any way to send this clip to the people
at P*&tiac or how about some engineers at FORD.

Paul Rozell
65 F100 460 C6



------------------------------

Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 11:40:06 -0800
From: wicowboy gateway.net>
Subject: Re: Ford Truck Kills

> Don't know anything about the truck, but that was the best QuickTime movie
> I've watched in quite awhile.

I second that!!!!

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 11:52:42 -0600
Subject: Re: Ford Truck Kills
From: "John LaGrone" ford-trucks.com>

> Also, does anyone
> know of a cheap source for a radiator around OKC? Cheapest I found is a
> hundred bucks for a rebuilt one.

Jimmy, that is cheap. I paid almost $400 for a new radiator two years ago.
To
get one rebuilt around here costs between $100 and $125 depending on who you
take it to.

-- John
jlagrone ford-trucks.com <]:-) <]:-)<]:-)<]:-)<]:-)<]:-)
1979 F150 Custom, Long Wide Bed, Regular Cab, 351M, C6 (Henry)
http://www.ford-trucks.com/jlagrone/henry.home.htm
Dearborn iron rules!!!!


------------------------------

Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 10:10:00 -0800
From: Clare Waterman-Storer scripps.edu>
Subject: Re: Ford Truck Kills

great!

tfreeman murphyfarms.com wrote:

> Hahahahah HAHAHAHA Hahahaha! I LOVE it.....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.