....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.


Please do not repost, forward or otherwise publish messages
contained in these archives without consent from the respective
author(s). These archives may not, in whole or part, be stored on
any public retrieval system (FTP, web, gopher, newsgroup, etc.) by
individuals or companies, without consent of the respective authors.

Received: with LISTAR (v0.129a; list 61-79-list); Sun, 16 Jul 2000 17:35:05 -0400 (EDT)
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 17:35:05 -0400 (EDT)
From: Ford Truck Enthusiasts List Server ford-trucks.com>
To: 61-79-list digest users ford-trucks.com>
Reply-to: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: 61-79-list Digest V2000 #160
Precedence: list

==========================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts 1961-1979 Truck Mailing List

Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com

To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
the words "unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the subject of the
message.
==========================================================

------------------------------------
61-79-list Digest Sat, 15 Jul 2000 Volume: 2000 Issue: 160

In This Issue:
Re: 62 Unibody Update
Swapping a 78 302
Re: 62 Unibody Update
Re: Dirt Cheap Freon
WANTED: Aluminum Manifold for a 360
Re: Dirt Cheap Freon
Dirt Cheap Freon
Re: Dirt Cheap Freon
rear gas tank for F-250
Re: 62 Unibody Update
Re: Dirt Cheap Freon
Re: Dirt Cheap Freon

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Natp244 cs.com
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 15:52:07 EDT
Subject: Re: 62 Unibody Update

In a message dated 7/15/00 2:44:29 PM Central Daylight Time, Natp244 cs.com
writes:

<< The truck is a 62 Custom Cab- 223 , 3 spd, all original, given to current
owner by the PO, >>

Talk about an uncanny grap of the obvious! That should have read that it was
given to the current owner by the original purchaser.

Nate

------------------------------

From: "Mark Mcknight" hotmail.com>
Subject: Swapping a 78 302
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 16:25:17 PDT

I'm swapping a 1978 Ford 5.0L engine into a 1985 F-150 pickup. I can't
figure out the wireing. Theres so many of them. The engine as of now when I
turn the key it the solinoid clicks, almost like the starter is jammed, but
I don't think thats the case as it is almost new. The '85 is originally a
302 but the original engine spun a bearing, that plus with the older engine
it won't have to go through the same emissions test that the '85 would. I
also can't figure out the vaccume hose routing. Any help as of now would be
greatly appreciated.
If anyone has wiring diagrams and vaccume hose diagrams please let me know.

Thanks

Mark

'78 F-100 (for sale E-mail for more nfo)
'85 F-150

________________________________________________________________________


------------------------------

From: "Garrett Nelson" writeme.com>
Subject: Re: 62 Unibody Update
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 19:07:47 -0500


You could always use another truck, especially if it's a Ford!


---Garrett www.1966ford.com



----- Original Message -----
From: Natp244cs.com
To: 61-79-listford-trucks.com
Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2000 2:43 PM
Subject: [61-79-list] 62 Unibody Update


Thanks to all who helped me out with advice on the 62 Unibody I asked about.
You were all helpful. I looked at it today and saw many of the things you
mentioned- especially rust in the bedside. The good news is that none of it
is life-treatening. Most of it I think could be replaced by homemade patches
fairly easily.
The truck is a 62 Custom Cab- 223 , 3 spd, all original, given to current
owner by the PO, all parts present, and original paint (albeit a little
faded), floord boards and bed floor both good- no major dents: just a few
dings (2 that I counted).
Hope you guys (and gals) will wish me luck in convincing my wife that this
truck really is worth the $500 asking price! She just can't seem to
understand why I need a fourth truck. Go figure :)
Anyway, just wanted to thank you folks for the help. I'f I gt itI'll be sure
to share the good news.

Nate
==========================================================
$15 Amazon.com Gift Certificate FREE when you join CarClub!
Save $550 on auto expenses every year. 10% discount on gas
with every fill-up. Car damaged -- We'll pay your deductible
up to $500. Plus, save up to $250 on insurance even if you're
already paying low rates. Try CarClub.com free for a month
and get a $15 Free Gift Certificate from Amazon.com!
AOL users click here
==========================================================
To unsubscribe:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
Please remove this footer when replying.



------------------------------

Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 17:54:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: "J. Allison" yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Dirt Cheap Freon

> From: Dan Lee yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: Freon
-snip-
> A black market is the natural outcome of over
>regulation. Whether it is cigarettes, or alcohol, or
>guns, or Freon, someone will seize the opportunity
>to make money. I am surprised that that isn't being
>done already! Dan Lee

Oh but it IS!!! (Wink, wink!) Here's a clue... Think
South of the border. IIRC it isn't illegal or
regulated there. Just make sure you know what you're
really getting because you'll have no recourse if you
get shafted... Plus, make sure you don't get spanked
for bringing it into the country as they may
confiscate it. The good news is that it will be dirt
cheap. Don't ask me how I know this... Canada is
probably a whole nother story. I believe they are even
more anal than we are so count them out as a possible
source. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. As for the
plan to ship it around via UPS, et al? Forget it. It
wouldn't be accepted being a pressurized gas and such
unless you jumped through about 500 hoops. It'd cost
far more time and money than it would be worth :(
Oh well.

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get Yahoo! Mail Free email you can access from anywhere!
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://mail.yahoo.com/

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 18:56:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: Art Verling excite.com>
Subject: WANTED: Aluminum Manifold for a 360

Has anyone got a 4 barrel aluminum manifold for an FE on the west coast they
want to sell?
I've got a 2v with a 1 year old Holley 2 barrel from a 360 I would be happy
to part with after I make the switch.
You can reply off list if you would like.

Art Verling
Reno Nv
64 F100
art.verlingexcite.com





_______________________________________________________
Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html


------------------------------

From: "Jason Derra" internetcds.com>
Subject: Re: Dirt Cheap Freon
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 21:22:32 -0700

Another, more important, fact about buying from Mexico is making sure you
truly know what you're getting. A few years back, a place I worked at had a
line on dirt cheap R12 from Mexico. It turned out to be propane instead.
Just imagine what could happen if your AC system developed a leak. A spark
from turning on the radio could really be disasterous.
Jason
'69 Bronco
'96 F250 Ext Cab 4WD Powerstroke E4OD

----- Original Message -----
From: "J. Allison" yahoo.com>
To: <61-79-listford-trucks.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2000 5:54 PM
Subject: [61-79-list] Re: Dirt Cheap Freon


> > From: Dan Lee yahoo.com>
> > Subject: Re: Freon
> -snip-
> > A black market is the natural outcome of over
> >regulation. Whether it is cigarettes, or alcohol, or
> >guns, or Freon, someone will seize the opportunity
> >to make money. I am surprised that that isn't being
> >done already! Dan Lee
>
> Oh but it IS!!! (Wink, wink!) Here's a clue... Think
> South of the border. IIRC it isn't illegal or
> regulated there. Just make sure you know what you're
> really getting because you'll have no recourse if you
> get shafted... Plus, make sure you don't get spanked
> for bringing it into the country as they may
> confiscate it. The good news is that it will be dirt
> cheap. Don't ask me how I know this... Canada is
> probably a whole nother story. I believe they are even
> more anal than we are so count them out as a possible
> source. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. As for the
> plan to ship it around via UPS, et al? Forget it. It
> wouldn't be accepted being a pressurized gas and such
> unless you jumped through about 500 hoops. It'd cost
> far more time and money than it would be worth

> Oh well.
>
> __________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Get Yahoo! Mail - Free email you can access from anywhere!
> http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://mail.yahoo.com/
> ==========================================================
> $15 Amazon.com Gift Certificate FREE when you join CarClub!
> Save $550 on auto expenses every year. 10% discount on gas
> with every fill-up. Car damaged -- We'll pay your deductible
> up to $500. Plus, save up to $250 on insurance even if you're
> already paying low rates. Try CarClub.com free for a month
> and get a $15 Free Gift Certificate from Amazon.com!
>
AOL users click
here

> ==========================================================
> To unsubscribe:
> http://www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
> Please remove this footer when replying.
>
>


------------------------------

From: "G & J Boling" alltel.net>
Subject: Dirt Cheap Freon
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 00:29:12 -0700



i read some wheres that INDIA was a big producer of freon also now
gordon

------------------------------

From: SevnD2aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 01:27:36 EDT
Subject: Re: Dirt Cheap Freon

In a message dated 07/16/2000 12:13:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
derrarinternetcds.com writes:

<< A few years back, a place I worked at had a
line on dirt cheap R12 from Mexico. It turned out to be propane instead.
Just imagine what could happen if your AC system developed a leak. A spark
from turning on the radio could really be disasterous. >>

Just a little note to add to this. It against OSHA regulations for propane to
be stored inside a workplace. I am not so sure if you are even allowed to use
it legally in an auto ac system anymore. Has something to do with
occupational hazards like the storage of it. Think about the reply on the
test used for checking for a leak with a torch.

I have to service the trucks that haul propane in tanks like those used on
grills. I am not allowed to pull it inside the building for repairs if the
truck is loaded. Even with empty tanks.

I me keep my grill outside of my house now. Well, at least the tank stays
outside.

R. H. Hunt


------------------------------

From: "Harvey, Blaine" sgc.gc.ca>
Subject: rear gas tank for F-250
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 07:45:22 -0400

Maybe this will be of help. I have just got my 79 F-150 regular cab 2wd on
the road. It had a side mount tank that was completely euchered. I just
ordered up the rear mount tank from Napa with the proper straps (About $200
Canadian all told). Mind you I had a dummy filler door already there and got
a used filler pipe and the foot long flatened filler hose from a friend.

My friend suggested this fix. He has a 78 F-250 4wd with the same tank. I
just ran fuel line grade hose from back to fuel pump, running it inside the
frame with cable ties securing it. You will have to run extra wire to the
guage and ground it on the frame.




> Robert wrote:
> >Subject: rear gas tank
> >Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 22:26:06 -0500
> >From: Tammy & Robert Dolan btigate.com>
> >Subject: rear gas tank
> >
> >I am trying to locate a rear tank for my 73 f250 2wd swb crewcab. The
> >truck never had a rear tank, but a while back i remember someone
> talking
> >about installing a tank from some other make? Anyone have any good
> >suggestions? Robert Bismarck ND
>
>
>

------------------------------

From: canzusseanet.com
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 15:33:17 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: 62 Unibody Update

At 03:43 PM 15:07:2000 EDT, Natp244cs.com wrote:
>Thanks to all who helped me out with advice on the 62 Unibody I asked about.
>You were all helpful.

You're welcome..

>The truck is a 62 Custom Cab- 223 , 3 spd, all original, given to current
>owner by the PO, all parts present, and original paint (albeit a little
>faded), floord boards and bed floor both good- no major dents: just a few
>dings (2 that I counted).

Sounds like a gem...

>Hope you guys (and gals) will wish me luck in convincing my wife that this
>truck really is worth the $500 asking price! She just can't seem to
>understand why I need a fourth truck. Go figure :)

Tell SWMBO it's for her...

Steve & the Rockette
68 F100, 390cid, FMX
63 F100, 292cid, 3speed
72 Capri 2000, hers
73 Capri 2600,tube frame going in.....
73 MGB GT, Our Toy
94 SHO, SWMBO's
98 Contour SVT, Mine, Mine, All Mine....


------------------------------

From: canzusseanet.com
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 15:33:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Dirt Cheap Freon

At 09:22 PM 15:07:2000 -0700, Jason Derra wrote:
>Another, more important, fact about buying from Mexico is making sure you
>truly know what you're getting. A few years back, a place I worked at had a
>line on dirt cheap R12 from Mexico. It turned out to be propane instead.
>Just imagine what could happen if your AC system developed a leak.

Propane, being heavier than air, would sink to the ground, and dissapate
to a point where it would be non-explosive....


Steve & the Rockette
68 F100, 390cid, FMX
63 F100, 292cid, 3speed
72 Capri 2000, hers
73 Capri 2600,tube frame going in.....
73 MGB GT, Our Toy
94 SHO, SWMBO's
98 Contour SVT, Mine, Mine, All Mine....


------------------------------

From: canzusseanet.com
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 15:33:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Dirt Cheap Freon

At 01:27 AM 16:07:2000 EDT, SevnD2aol.com wrote:
>
>Just a little note to add to this. It against OSHA regulations for propane to
>be stored inside a workplace. I am not so sure if you are even allowed to use
>it legally in an auto ac system anymore. Has something to do with
>occupational hazards like the storage of it. Think about the reply on the
>test used for checking for a leak with a torch.

Can you quote the order # for me??
I have a couple of propane fork-lifts I work on, and would like to be
able to quote them verse by verse for the know-it-all operators...

Steve & the Rockette
68 F100, 390cid, FMX
63 F100, 292cid, 3speed
72 Capri 2000, hers
73 Capri 2600,tube frame going in.....
73 MGB GT, Our Toy
94 SHO, SWMBO's
98 Contour SVT, Mine, Mine, All Mine....


------------------------------

End of 61-79-list Digest V2000 #160
***********************************
<><><><><><> Serious Help Finding That Part! <><><><><><>
Ford Truck Enthusiasts now has "Ford Products Interchange"
manuals in its online store. Two editions: 1950-1965 and
1963-1974. Cross references thousands of Ford parts.

http://www.motorhaven.com/


----------------------------------------------------------
Ford Truck Enthusiasts 1961-1979 Truck Mailing List

Send posts to 61-79-listford-trucks.com

If you ever want to remove yourself from this mailing
list, send an email to:

listarford-trucks.com

with the words "unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the subject of
the message.

Visit Our Web Site: http://www.ford-trucks.com
----------------------------------------------------------