61-79-list-digest Friday, January 15 1999 Volume 03 : Number 011



=======================================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1961-1979 Trucks and Vans
Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To unsubscribe, send email to:
majordomo ford-trucks.com
with the words "unsubscribe 61-79-list-digest" in the body of the
message.
=======================================================================
In this issue:

[none]
FTE 61-79 - OIL PROBS
RE: FTE 61-79 - OIL PROBS
FTE 61-79 - OIL PROBS
FTE 61-79 - Oh Oh, steering gearbox
FTE 61-79 - Sway Bars
FTE 61-79 - Power steering pulleys
FTE 61-79 - RE: power steering pumps
FTE 61-79 - Oil change for 360/390
Re: FTE 61-79 - Oil change for 360/390
Re: FTE 61-79 - Oh Oh, steering gearbox
Re: FTE 61-79 - Oh Oh, steering gearbox
FTE 61-79 - The swap that never ends
Re: FTE 61-79 - OIL PROBS
Re: FTE 61-79 - OIL PROBS
Re: FTE 61-79 - OIL PROBS
Re: FTE 61-79 - Sway Bars
FTE 61-79 - Re: T-18 Experts
Re: FTE 61-79 - Sway Bars
Re: FTE 61-79 - Oil change for 360/390
Re: FTE 61-79 - Sway Bars
Re: FTE 61-79 - Sway Bars
Re: FTE 61-79 - Re: T-18 Experts
FTE 61-79 - re: Impounding my F-100
Re: FTE 61-79 - Sway Bars
FTE 61-79 - 61-79 FTE RE: 302 carb problems
FTE 61-79 - Gear Swap

=======================================================================

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 09:00:16 -0500
From: am14 daimlerchrysler.com
Subject: [none]

John Strauss writes: >>1989 is the first year the M5OD trans was offered.
Prior to that it was a
4-speed OD. I believe that one was a Borg-Warner unit and was first
offered in 1978 or thereabouts.

I thought it was a "Tremec" or something like that.

Azie
Ardmore, Al.



== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 09:39:09 -0500 (EST)
From: Justin Farcas
Subject: FTE 61-79 - OIL PROBS

I've been off of the list for a while, but I'm back for a question. I
have a problem with my 79 F150. It is 4WD, 3 speed auto, with a bbl 460 ci
in it. The engine only has about 3k miles on it. I find myself having to
replace
oil in it quite frequently, for some reason. I don't know exactly what is
wrong. I've checked my oil pan for leaks, and I don't see any, my drain
plug is tight and not leaking much at all. My valve covers don't seem to
be leaking at all either. OIl filter is on fine. I don't know what I
have to replace oil about a quart or 1/2 quart a week. Any help with
these symptoms would be greatly appreciated.

Also: Vacuum advance on distributor...should it be connected? What's
the significance? --

Thanks,
Justin Farcas
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 09:58:29 -0500
From: "John MacNamara"
Subject: RE: FTE 61-79 - OIL PROBS

Justin: It sounds as though your rings haven't seated properly. When I
rebuilt my 460 it used oil for a couple of thousnad miles and seems to be ok
now. Check your plugs and see if there wet with oil. That's a good
indication that oik is getting by the rings. The only other possibility is
valve guides and seals are not up to snuff.



Thanks
John MacNamara

78 F250 4X4 Supercab 460
74 Stoppe
67 GT500


- -----Original Message-----
From: Justin Farcas [mailto:ae571 seorf.ohiou.edu]
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 1999 6:39 AM
To: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: FTE 61-79 - OIL PROBS


I've been off of the list for a while, but I'm back for a question. I
have a problem with my 79 F150. It is 4WD, 3 speed auto, with a bbl 460 ci
in it. The engine only has about 3k miles on it. I find myself having to
replace
oil in it quite frequently, for some reason. I don't know exactly what is
wrong. I've checked my oil pan for leaks, and I don't see any, my drain
plug is tight and not leaking much at all. My valve covers don't seem to
be leaking at all either. OIl filter is on fine. I don't know what I
have to replace oil about a quart or 1/2 quart a week. Any help with
these symptoms would be greatly appreciated.

Also: Vacuum advance on distributor...should it be connected? What's
the significance? --

Thanks,
Justin Farcas
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 09:04:01 -0600 (CST)
From: bkirking bcm.tmc.edu
Subject: FTE 61-79 - OIL PROBS

>have to replace oil about a quart or 1/2 quart a week

Are you actually "low" on oil? If you are overfilling then my understanding is the extra oil
will be burned out, although I am not sure why or how. Does the level drop 1/2 to 1 quart
and then stabilize there? If so and your psi, and temp are ok, I wouldn't worry. If it
continues to drop or you have low psi or high temp or hear sounds that you shouldn't then
I would be concerned.

>Vacuum advance on distributor...should it be connected
On a 66 (with points) there are 2 advances, mechanical and vacuum. The mechanical
advances the timing as the engine speed increases. The vacuum advances the timing
when there is a quick demand on the engine that is too fast for the mechanical to adjust.
If a 79 is like the 66, then yes you should connect it. Also, why wouldn't you have it
connected? Perhaps an electronic ignition can compensate without the vac advance?
Bryan Kirking
66 Step Side
352 4 speed
Houston, Texas


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 09:19:20 -0600
From: "don"
Subject: FTE 61-79 - Oh Oh, steering gearbox

I have a 1979 f-150 that I am rejuvenating. Having taken all the sheetmetal
off, etc on the front end, I figured I would remove the steering box, paint
it, etc. After a lil struggle, I finallt got it off the frame etc so I could
clean it up. While cleaning it, i saw 4 bolts and a seperate piece on it, so
I figured I would remove it so I could clean it up better.
I removed the 4 bolts, and noticed I needed to basically "unscrew" the piece
as it was a large screw type device (gear). Well, no problem, it cam right
out, as I also noticed and heard lil bb's falling all over the place
(bearings). Right then I knew I screwed up BIGTIME.
Examining the two seperate pieces now, it does not look like there is a way
to replace the bearings that have come apart....
this is going to have to be replaced as a whole unit isn't it ?
Big time bucks probably ?
best to buy new (rebuilt) to insure a "tight" steering response...
ANY help appreciatted
donb ficom.net

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 09:16:49 -0700
From: "Richard Currit"
Subject: FTE 61-79 - Sway Bars

I was just wondering if anybody has used the el-cheapo sway bars from JC =
Whitney. If so do they work? I'm looking to put sways front and back on =
the F-100, it has an Alaskan Camper on it and tends to wallow. And, =
unfortunately $$$$ are a major issue.

High Plains Richard
'72 F-100

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 10:29:25 -0600
From: John LaGrone
Subject: FTE 61-79 - Power steering pulleys

Larry,

When I replaced the PS pump on my truck, I took the old pump into the HiLo
(same as O'Reilly) and they removed the pulley with the special puller
already described. No charge. I broke two other pullers trying to get it
off on my on. Don't hammer on it, you will ruin the shaft seal. The new
pump came with an install kit that consisted of a long bolt, a nut, and a
washer. Put the nut near the head of the bolt. Place the washer on the bolt
below the nut. Insert assembly through the pulley to be installed. Screw
bolt into PS shaft. Tighten the nut until the front of the pulley is flush
with the end of the shaft. There is no key or keyway, it is a straight
press on.

Another reason to take the old pump in is that the computer called for
three different pumps on 79 F150s and they needed to match up to my pump
visually. Luckily mine was the common garden variety.

If I remember right, part of the brackets wouldn't come off until the
pulley was removed. Be sure to put them back on before you reinstall the
pulley. The fluid reservoir is plastic and has a big O-ring seal that seals
it to the metal pump. If you stress the plastic housing during install or
if you use a pump from the junk yard, removal, it will leak like a sieve.
(Been there, done that.) I understand that there are seal kits, but I've
never gone that route.

You have my sympathy. The the big O-ring is blown on the wife's Towncar so
I get to do hers soon.

- -John

jlagrone ford-trucks.com
1979 F150 Custom 351M C6 (Henry)
http://www.ford-trucks.com/jlagrone/henry.home.htm
Dearborn iron rules!!!!!!


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 09:50:37 -0700
From: Drew Beatty
Subject: FTE 61-79 - RE: power steering pumps

Larry:

It takes a special puller to get it off. Look around for a mechanic or odd
job car shop that can do it for you. Last time I did this it cost me $5 to
have them switch pulleys for me. I got it done at a salvage yard that also
does some repairs.

Good luck,

Drew Beatty
dcbeatty rmi.net

>Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 14:06:22 -0600
>From: Larry Schmiedekamp
>Subject: FTE 61-79 - power steering pumps

>Hello
>Sent this the other day but no response. I have a 74 f350 with a bad power
>steering pump. I ran accross a pump on a 76 car. Looks the same but
different
>pulley. I need to use the pulley from the pump on the truck. How do I get
>it off and onto the other. Can't find a set screw on. If its pressed on,
>how do you press it back on without damaging the pump and tank?
>I'd be thankful for any idea's. Need to have it done by this weekend.

Larry

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 08:28:39 -0800
From: Sean Hess
Subject: FTE 61-79 - Oil change for 360/390

How much oil do I need to put in my 360/390 (I'm not really sure which it is)
after changing the oil and the filter?

I know - it's a dumb question, but I don't have the owner's manual, and I
couldn't find the info. in the shop manual. Maybe I just need more coffee ...

Dr. Hess
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 11:07:18 -0600
From: William S Hart
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - Oil change for 360/390

At 10:28 AM 1/14/99 , you wrote:
>How much oil do I need to put in my 360/390 (I'm not really sure which it is)
>after changing the oil and the filter?
>
>I know - it's a dumb question, but I don't have the owner's manual, and I
>couldn't find the info. in the shop manual. Maybe I just need more coffee ...
>

Mine's 6qts (74 1/2 Ton 4x4)

Bill
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 12:26:22 -0600
From: Steve Schmeckpeper
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - Oh Oh, steering gearbox

Don, There's a proceedure in the Chiltons Book (Unit Overhaul Section) that
deals with re-installing the bb's. Good luck :)
Smeck

don wrote:

> I have a 1979 f-150 that I am rejuvenating. Having taken all the sheetmetal
> off, etc on the front end, I figured I would remove the steering box, paint
> it, etc. After a lil struggle, I finallt got it off the frame etc so I could
> clean it up. While cleaning it, i saw 4 bolts and a seperate piece on it, so
> I figured I would remove it so I could clean it up better.
> I removed the 4 bolts, and noticed I needed to basically "unscrew" the piece
> as it was a large screw type device (gear). Well, no problem, it cam right
> out, as I also noticed and heard lil bb's falling all over the place
> (bearings). Right then I knew I screwed up BIGTIME.
> Examining the two seperate pieces now, it does not look like there is a way
> to replace the bearings that have come apart....
> this is going to have to be replaced as a whole unit isn't it ?
> Big time bucks probably ?
> best to buy new (rebuilt) to insure a "tight" steering response...
> ANY help appreciatted
> donb ficom.net
>
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 10:42:37 -0500
From: luxjo thecore.com
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - Oh Oh, steering gearbox

don wrote:
>
> I have a 1979 f-150 that I am rejuvenating. Having taken all the sheetmetal
> off, etc on the front end, I figured I would remove the steering box, paint
> it, etc. After a lil struggle, I finallt got it off the frame etc so I could
> clean it up. While cleaning it, i saw 4 bolts and a seperate piece on it, so
> I figured I would remove it so I could clean it up better.
> I removed the 4 bolts, and noticed I needed to basically "unscrew" the piece
> as it was a large screw type device (gear). Well, no problem, it cam right
> out, as I also noticed and heard lil bb's falling all over the place
> (bearings). Right then I knew I screwed up BIGTIME.
> Examining the two seperate pieces now, it does not look like there is a way
> to replace the bearings that have come apart....
> this is going to have to be replaced as a whole unit isn't it ?
> Big time bucks probably ?
> best to buy new (rebuilt) to insure a "tight" steering response...
> ANY help appreciatted

I've heard these are almost impossible to rebuild at home. Rebuilds
run from 2-300$. New is 800$ or so, I've heard. I would get a rebuild
with a lifetime warantee. Cores are 100$, so you better get it back
together so it at least looks like a good core.

OX
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 13:20:48 -0600
From: Shawn Donkin
Subject: FTE 61-79 - The swap that never ends

Hello again fellow FTE's

Here i am, still not finished with my 351c - 351m conversion...
haven't had any time in the past couple of months to work on it and
decided to start doing some work to it today and i find that the drivers

side exhaust pipe hits right on the shift lever on the transmission, and

my old transmission lines do
not work with the new configuration. i have the 351 cleaveland exh
manifolds on it
with the same pipes i had when the 351c was in it. I'm wondering, what
would be a
good donor vehicle for the parts i need to get these item working
correctly? It's a
68' F100 2wd lwb. After that(i hope) it should be relatively easy to
finish the job.

Any ideas or comments would be *very* appreciated
Shawn Donkin
'68 F100 351m/c6(sorta)
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 14:57:43 -0500 (EST)
From: Justin Farcas
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - OIL PROBS

About the oil....it continued to drop, lower and lower....but pressure
remained ok. Until I tok a trip one day, after I had changed the oil.
So I knew I had enough oil, but the pressure went way down when idling,
almost made the engine stall.

When I put the vacuum advance on, the engine misses at all ranges
horribly, and I get terrible gas mileage. So, I took it off, and the
engine has a depper idling exhaust sound and misses less....


> > >have to
replace oil about a quart or 1/2 quart a week >
> Are you actually "low" on oil? If you are overfilling then my understanding is the extra oil
> will be burned out, although I am not sure why or how. Does the level drop 1/2 to 1 quart
> and then stabilize there? If so and your psi, and temp are ok, I wouldn't worry. If it
> continues to drop or you have low psi or high temp or hear sounds that you shouldn't then
> I would be concerned.
>
> >Vacuum advance on distributor...should it be connected
> On a 66 (with points) there are 2 advances, mechanical and vacuum. The mechanical
> advances the timing as the engine speed increases. The vacuum advances the timing
> when there is a quick demand on the engine that is too fast for the mechanical to adjust.
> If a 79 is like the 66, then yes you should connect it. Also, why wouldn't you have it
> connected? Perhaps an electronic ignition can compensate without the vac advance?
> Bryan Kirking
> 66 Step Side
> 352 4 speed
> Houston, Texas
>
>
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>


- --
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 14:59:35 -0500 (EST)
From: Justin Farcas
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - OIL PROBS

i have about 3k miles on it, I've cheacked two of the plugs, but the other
6 remain. the 2 I checked were fine, looked good. Could it really burn
enough oil for 1/2 quart per week?

-Thanks
justin Farcas
>
> Justin: It sounds as though your rings haven't seated properly. When I
> rebuilt my 460 it used oil for a couple of thousnad miles and seems to be ok
> now. Check your plugs and see if there wet with oil. That's a good
> indication that oik is getting by the rings. The only other possibility is
> valve guides and seals are not up to snuff.
>
>
>
> Thanks
> John MacNamara
>
> 78 F250 4X4 Supercab 460
> 74 Stoppe
> 67 GT500
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Justin Farcas [mailto:ae571 seorf.ohiou.edu]
> Sent: Thursday, January 14, 1999 6:39 AM
> To: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
> Subject: FTE 61-79 - OIL PROBS
>
>
> I've been off of the list for a while, but I'm back for a question. I
> have a problem with my 79 F150. It is 4WD, 3 speed auto, with a bbl 460 ci
> in it. The engine only has about 3k miles on it. I find myself having to
> replace
> oil in it quite frequently, for some reason. I don't know exactly what is
> wrong. I've checked my oil pan for leaks, and I don't see any, my drain
> plug is tight and not leaking much at all. My valve covers don't seem to
> be leaking at all either. OIl filter is on fine. I don't know what I
> have to replace oil about a quart or 1/2 quart a week. Any help with
> these symptoms would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Also: Vacuum advance on distributor...should it be connected? What's
> the significance? --
>
> Thanks,
> Justin Farcas
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>


- --
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 12:09:45 -0800
From: Dennis Pearson
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - OIL PROBS

Thanks for your message at 02:59 PM 1/14/99 -0500, Justin Farcas. Your
message was:
>i have about 3k miles on it, I've cheacked two of the plugs, but the other
>6 remain. the 2 I checked were fine, looked good. Could it really burn
>enough oil for 1/2 quart per week?
>
Could it? When I was in high school (many years ago), I had a '51 Merc
that would burn a quart of oil every 20 miles or so--AFTER my dad had
rebuilt it. I think something was not right...


Dennis Pearson in Kennewick, WA

1962 Unibody, short box, big window--351C
1966 F250 Custom Cab, 352, 4-speed
1962 short stepside (big empty space under the hood)
I shortened this to only FT's

http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://home.att.net/~dlpearson/levi.htm
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 14:59:15 -0800
From: Mike Pacheco
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - Sway Bars

I bot sway bars from a speed shop, they cost 125.00 fit perfect and works wonders...

Mike in Seattle

Richard Currit wrote:

> I was just wondering if anybody has used the el-cheapo sway bars from JC Whitney. If so do they work? I'm looking to put sways front and back on the F-100, it has an Alaskan Camper on it and tends to wallow. And, unfortunately $$$$ are a major issue.
>
> High Plains Richard
> '72 F-100
>
> =FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html



== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 17:05:51 -0800
From: "Chris Samuel"
Subject: FTE 61-79 - Re: T-18 Experts

In all your rebuilding did you check the little nylon pads on the shift
forks? They
can wear and/or fall off reducing the travel of the gears so they don't
completely
mesh.

$.02
- - --
Don Grossman

Simple answer.
Yep.

All bearings, Shafts, Shift Forks (& Parts), Syncros, Gaskets, Seals, and
3rd. & 4 Gears.

Muel


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 20:13:20 EST
From: Pyrate951 aol.com
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - Sway Bars

Mike in Seattle,
What speed shop did you buy them at? I have a 68 camper special that I need
them for.

Thanks
Greg in Seattle
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 20:16:50 EST
From: Pyrate951 aol.com
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - Oil change for 360/390

I have a 68,390 and it takes 6.5 quarts to fill

Greg
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 17:30:53 -0800
From: Mike Pacheco
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - Sway Bars

Honest Performance 257 Rainer Ave. North, Renton, WA.
1800-555-3205 ask for Blake.

Pyrate951 aol.com wrote:

> Mike in Seattle,
> What speed shop did you buy them at? I have a 68 camper special that I need
> them for.
>
> Thanks
> Greg in Seattle
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html



== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 17:25:54 -0800
From: "sam weatherby"
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - Sway Bars

If anyone is interested there is a Seattle Area Mustang list.
Don't let the name fool you though, any Ford owners are welcome.
-srw

Sam Weatherby http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://insert.com/sammy
SWeatherby UsWest.Net A-SamWe Microsoft.com
'70 Grabber Sportsroof Mustang
'93 F-150 XLT Lightning
'98 HD FXD Super Glide
'65 F100

- -----Original Message-----
From: Mike Pacheco
To: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
Date: Thursday, January 14, 1999 5:30 PM
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - Sway Bars


>Honest Performance 257 Rainer Ave. North, Renton, WA.
>1800-555-3205 ask for Blake.
>
>Pyrate951 aol.com wrote:
>
>> Mike in Seattle,
>> What speed shop did you buy them at? I have a 68 camper special that I
need
>> them for.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Greg in Seattle
>> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>
>
>
>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 20:38:20 -0500
From: j arnold
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - Re: T-18 Experts

me too...when i bought this transmission, i took it immediately to the
tranny shop, and they worked it over, new bearings and seals...says it
looks like a brand new tranny on the inside! still don't understand why
it's popping...

- --Bud (son of Stoney)
1979 F-250 429 Police Interceptor, T-18
1976 F-100 302, 3 speed (For Sale)

At 05:05 PM 1/14/99 -0800, you wrote:
>In all your rebuilding did you check the little nylon pads on the shift
>forks? They
>can wear and/or fall off reducing the travel of the gears so they don't
>completely
>mesh.
>
>$.02
>- --
>Don Grossman
>
>Simple answer.
>Yep.
>
>All bearings, Shafts, Shift Forks (& Parts), Syncros, Gaskets, Seals, and
>3rd. & 4 Gears.
>
>Muel
>
>
>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>
>

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 20:48:01 -0500
From: "Bob"
Subject: FTE 61-79 - re: Impounding my F-100

Just to let you know, here in the land of mice & tourists (cent. Fla.), I
have had numerous vehicles (one at a time) which was being worked on as I
could afford it. Naturally they were in my driveway as my pretty 2 car
garage is usually about waist deep, wall to wall with assorted "stuff" we
just can't seem to get rid of. Any way it seems after a few days to a week
I would be visited by the local zoning board to let me know I had the same
72 hrs to get rid of it, get it inside an enclosed garage, or prove it is
drivable. Naturally they don't knock or anything, they either leave a note
on the windshield or send you a letter in the mail. The rules here state
it must be registered, incensed, insured, tagged, and running. Otherwise
it is considered an "abandoned vehicle".
However for the past 2 years I have had a '52 f1 sitting in my driveway
with no problems at all with no plates and a dead motor. Why you ask no
problems you ask?? the guy across the street thinks the old truck is
neat!!!! Oh well some day I will be able to get the old truck fixed up.

Bob
52 f1 stock 239
79 SuperCab my new vehicle
77 Nova built 383..I know wrong brand, but.....
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 18:33:35 -0800
From: Mike Pacheco
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - Sway Bars

Where do I find this list..??

Mike

sam weatherby wrote:

> If anyone is interested there is a Seattle Area Mustang list.
> Don't let the name fool you though, any Ford owners are welcome.
> -srw
>
> Sam Weatherby http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://insert.com/sammy
> SWeatherby UsWest.Net A-SamWe Microsoft.com
> '70 Grabber Sportsroof Mustang
> '93 F-150 XLT Lightning
> '98 HD FXD Super Glide
> '65 F100
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Mike Pacheco
> To: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
> Date: Thursday, January 14, 1999 5:30 PM
> Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - Sway Bars
>
> >Honest Performance 257 Rainer Ave. North, Renton, WA.
> >1800-555-3205 ask for Blake.
> >
> >Pyrate951 aol.com wrote:
> >
> >> Mike in Seattle,
> >> What speed shop did you buy them at? I have a 68 camper special that I
> need
> >> them for.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Greg in Seattle
> >> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
> >
> >
> >
> >== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
> >
>
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html



== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 23:43:25 -0500
From: "Timothy R. Anderson"
Subject: FTE 61-79 - 61-79 FTE RE: 302 carb problems

William wrote: ...when I stomp on it, it almost stalls...fuel pump?

William,
Insuficient fuel to the carb might cause it to
bog down under sudden load, but you may
have other problems too. Is your accelerator
pump working ok? With the engine turned
off, open the choke valve and look into the
carb w/ a flashlight. Then open the throtle.
You should see and hear gas squirting
onto the throtle plate. If you don't, then thats
probably a large part of your trouble. If it is
working ok, you might want to go ahead &
swap the fuel pump off of your parts truck
and see if it helps. Yes, there is a gasket
and if you are careful, you might be able =

to reuse it with a little cleaning and some
sealer. I'd also check the ignition timing
closely and look/listen for any large vac
leaks. Just a few things to try. E-mail
diagnostics is pretty challenging hmmm?
Good luck

Tim in Anchorage
67 F-100
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 01:06:42 -0600
From: ballingr ldd.net (William L. Ballinger)
Subject: FTE 61-79 - Gear Swap

I'm having a little trouble getting some things straight on what I'll
need to swap gears in my 65 F250 4X4.

First, I thought that I might get away with 4.10's and not have to
change carriers, but from looking in the Mitchell NSD Interchange manual....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.