61-79-list-digest Wednesday, December 23 1998 Volume 02 : Number 569



=======================================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1961-1979 Trucks and Vans
Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To unsubscribe, send email to:
majordomo ford-trucks.com
with the words "unsubscribe 61-79-list-digest" in the body of the
message.
=======================================================================
In this issue:

FTE 61-79 - FE oil pan in 4X4
FTE 61-79 - Fuel Inlet Hose
[none]
Re: FTE 61-79 - broken axle?
FTE 61-79 - 302 Rebuild
Re: FTE 61-79 - Vin ID for '65 F100
FTE 61-79 - 460 ID Help needed
FTE 61-79 - Fuel tank inlet hose
FTE 61-79 - Rear for F500
FTE 61-79 - Dipstick hole
FTE 61-79 - 4V intakes for FE
FTE 61-79 - hemastats
Re: FTE 61-79 - hemastats
Re: FTE 61-79 - hemastats
FTE 61-79 - Broken axle?
Re: FTE 61-79 - 4V intakes for FE
FTE 61-79 - 79 f100 with 3.8v-6 conversion H*lp
Re: FTE 61-79 - Broken axle?
Re: FTE 61-79 - 4V intakes for FE
Re: FTE 61-79 - 4V intakes for FE
Re: FTE 61-79 - 4V intakes for FE
Re: FTE 61-79 - 460 ID Help needed
Re: FTE 61-79 - 4V intakes for FE
FTE 61-79 - Body Mount Part Numbers?
Re: FTE 61-79 - 79 f100 with 3.8v-6 conversion H*lp
Re: FTE 61-79 - 79 f100 with 3.8v-6 conversion H*lp
Re: FTE 61-79 - 4V intakes for FE
Re: FTE 61-79 - Broken axle?
FTE 61-79 - Need Help
Re: FTE 61-79 - Need Help
Re: FTE 61-79 - 460 ID Help needed
Re: FTE 61-79 - 4V intakes for FE
FTE 61-79 - Need help
Re: FTE 61-79 - Need help
Re: FTE 61-79 - FE oil pan in 4X4

=======================================================================

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 08:18:15 EST
From: TBeeee aol.com
Subject: FTE 61-79 - FE oil pan in 4X4

Azie Writes:
>>True, BUT the pickup tube and one of the main bolts do. Needed to get the
>>oil from the rear instead of the front of the pan.


Good point--I mentioned the longer tube in my original post but overlooked
the main bolt: however, he was doing an engine swap so it should have been
obvious about the bolt.....but then again.....

--Thom B--
1967 F-250 4WD 390
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://members.aol.com/tbeeee/page/index.htm
~~~~~~~~~~~~Happy Holidays~~~~~~~~~~~~~
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 23:16:36 -0500
From: pickup65 juno.com (Jon E Purut)
Subject: FTE 61-79 - Fuel Inlet Hose

>>>I'm working on a 78 F-250 4x4. Would like to replace the fuel inlet
hose (rear
tank). Is this a Ford item? The temptation is to use a piece of radiator
hose....don't know if it would handle the continuous gas exposure,
though....

I needed to replace the front hose on my 77 F150. Ford no longer stocks
it and the parts guy told me two alternitives. The first is junk yard and
the second is to check a tractor trailer dealership where they deal with
larger tubing.

Not sure about the rad hose.

Jon E. Purut
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://members.xoom.com/Chelley
one 64 F500, one 77 F150 and a pair of 65 F100's
Fuel Inlet Hose

___________________________________________________________________
You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail.
Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 09:14:50 -0500
From: "Mr. Paul R. Boudreault"
Subject: [none]


460 SCJ aluminum Trick Flow heads 72 cc
combustion chamber,



Hi Burt.

What are a set of heads like that worth? (Try to be gentle! ;>)

Later,

"Paul"


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 08:10:45 -0800
From: "Bill Beyer"
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - broken axle?

That'd be my vote.

- ----------
> From: OldTrux aol.com
> To: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
> Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - broken axle?
> Date: Monday, December 21, 1998 6:20 PM
>
> LF axle u-joint?

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 09:37:25 PST
From: "WILLIAM WHITED"
Subject: FTE 61-79 - 302 Rebuild

I'm down here in GTMO, and I have a 79 Explorer Super Cab AT. Right now
she's not starting, I believe the flywheel is all chewed up, it will
start exceept when it gets in this certian spot. So how much trouble is
it to replace the flywheel? If I have to pull the engine, I need to
rebuild the engine. How much trouble will that be? And what all do I
need to replace? I can not get any machine work done down here. Also I
will be transfering to Texas in May of 99, do they require emission
tests? TIA



74 F100 RANGER SUPER CAB 390
79 F150 EXPLORER SUPER CAB 302
"IT DON'T GTMO BETTER THEN THIS, SEMPER FI"


______________________________________________________
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 11:19:44 -0700
From: Jim & Becky White
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - Vin ID for '65 F100

This is what I found off the information found on the following web
page:
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/8824/


> Well I know this always comes up but I'm curious if anyone can tell me
> what color and trim type my truck originally had. F10 - 2 wheel drive
> F-100
> D- 352ci 2V 208 HP 4400rpm
> R - assembled in San Jose
> 697087 - "consecutive unit number" assembled in Jun of '65129 -
> longbed
> M - corinthian white
> F100 - model
> E81- cabstyle/body ??
> N - transmission ??
> A9 - 3:545000 172 4000 74 - (?? don't know what dist. code means)

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 13:35:06 -0500
From: "Matthew Schwartz"
Subject: FTE 61-79 - 460 ID Help needed

I have a ENGINE ID of DIVE-S015-A2B that came out of a 78 Ford F250 body.

The problem I have is that I ordered a PAW kit for a 460 and the oil pump
leg is longer then the original. Did Ford use different pump lengths and
thus different oil pump shaft lengths in various 460s? I suspect I have a
460 from a different year or maybe even a car. Maybe PAW just sent a wrong
Ford oil pump.

Any help is appreciated!

Matt

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 13:59:10 -0500
From: am14 daimlerchrysler.com
Subject: FTE 61-79 - Fuel tank inlet hose

Colorado Jeff writes: >>
I'm working on a 78 F-250 4x4. Would like to replace the fuel inlet hose
(rear tank). Is this a Ford item?

Yep! A FOMOCO item. Don't use radiator hose. It won't last and will
eventually start to crumble, and guess where the 'crumbles' go!!!

Azie
Ardmore, Al.


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 14:04:56 -0500
From: am14 daimlerchrysler.com
Subject: FTE 61-79 - Rear for F500

Below memo should have read 2 speed rear end from any -------.
(Makes more sense now, doesn't it.)

>>Jon Purut writes: >>I would love for it to go faster. Have any ideas?

The rear from any F600-F700 of the same years should be a bolt in. Get the
electricals(or if it is the old vacuum job, then get the vacuum) and the
speedo drive stuff (I seem to remember that some of this stuff was directly
attached to the rear of the speedo), and you should be able to get her up
to a decent highway speed. May have to get the driveshaft shortened.

Azie
Ardmore, Al.


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 14:16:31 -0500
From: am14 daimlerchrysler.com
Subject: FTE 61-79 - Dipstick hole

Someone writes: >>If you need to plug a dipstick hole, you can just get a
1/8" pipe tap and hold it with a pair of vice-grips, then tap right into
the existing hole (oil pan is off, right?)

If your oil pan isn't off and you want to plug that hole, most parts houses
carry 'freeze plugs' in that diameter also. I use them quite frequently
for just this purpose.

Azie
Ardmore, Al.


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 14:28:11 -0500
From: am14 daimlerchrysler.com
Subject: FTE 61-79 - 4V intakes for FE

Ted writes: >>I've always been told to use a pre '65 manifold on a FE.
I've always been told they flow better than the newer ones.

I disagree with this. I've been wrong before, so I'm not adamant about
this, but I believe the '67 thru '69 had the better flowing intakes and
I've owned bunches of these from '61 thru '69. Best pure stock one I had
came on my '69 428SCJ fastback Stang. The intake 'runners' were visably
larger and the intake stood higher. Wish I still had it. I might be
tempted to build another FE.(410 or larger)

Azie
Ardmore, Al.


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 13:50:41 -0600 (CST)
From: Stu Varner
Subject: FTE 61-79 - hemastats

>
>Stu: You out for the Holidays - right???!!! Might want to use those
>"clamps" somewhere besides the gas line!!!!!!
>
>Gottha!!!
>
>Azie
>Ardmore, Al.
>

Yo, Azie my dear freind, they have postponed my surgery again until January
19th.
I may die of old age before they........I can't bear the thought of typing it.

Happy Holidays.

Stu
Nuke GM!
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.pscico.com/stu

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 14:51:46 -0500
From: Tony Marino
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - hemastats

STU!! ! You there?!!!

I'm trying to catch you before you leave!

Hey, Legend Micro won't honor a price if I just buy parts, and they say
they can't hold anything or guarantee if something will be in stock in a
few days etc... Here's the risk- Could you send me 1,350 and It'll cover
everything. Sound good? Call me at 330 375 1632 right now if you can.
Else call me tonight?! Sound good?

Tony


At 01:50 PM 12/22/98 -0600, you wrote:
>>
>>Stu: You out for the Holidays - right???!!! Might want to use those
>>"clamps" somewhere besides the gas line!!!!!!
>>
>>Gottha!!!
>>
>>Azie
>>Ardmore, Al.
>>
>
>Yo, Azie my dear freind, they have postponed my surgery again until January
>19th.
>I may die of old age before they........I can't bear the thought of typing
it.
>
>Happy Holidays.
>
>Stu
>Nuke GM!
>http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.pscico.com/stu
>
>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>
>
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 14:56:49 -0500
From: Tony Marino
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - hemastats

Ohhh Shooot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was afraid of that!!!!!!! He he he.. In my hurry I pulled a good one-
Sorry list!

Tony

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:05:06 -0600
From: "ben"
Subject: FTE 61-79 - Broken axle?

I checked the u-joint on the axle and it's all wobbly and loose. Also it is
completely dry, no lube in sight. The one on the other side is no where
near as loose, and is covered with grease. So I guess you guy's where
right. How much do these u-joints cost? Any special tools required to fix?
Thanks for all the help!!

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 19:15:49 -0500
From: "The Freeman Family"
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - 4V intakes for FE

You're probably right. My Dad built a lot of FE's when he raced and swore
by the early pre 65 intakes. Mine is pretty large and very, very heavy.
I've never compared ports on the 4v's before. Guess I should have paid more
attention when my Dad was racing. Of course, as you know from the perf
list, I'm building a 410. I think I've found all the parts I need including
the correct 410 piston. All I can find are .30 over though and I have a
virgin block. I don't really want to take it that far over on the first
rebuild, but it is an FE and should last a long time with good maintenance.
Have you ever had any experience with 3x2 hookups?? I just bought a 3x2
aluminum intake for an FE. I don't have it in my hands yet, but kind of
curious if I should even mess with it or sell it to one of the Galaxy guys.

Anyway, enough rambling.

Later,

- -Ted
- -----Original Message-----
From: am14 daimlerchrysler.com
To: 61-79-list Ford-trucks.com
Date: Tuesday, December 22, 1998 2:28 PM
Subject: FTE 61-79 - 4V intakes for FE


>Ted writes: >>I've always been told to use a pre '65 manifold on a FE.
>I've always been told they flow better than the newer ones.
>
>I disagree with this. I've been wrong before, so I'm not adamant about
>this, but I believe the '67 thru '69 had the better flowing intakes and
>I've owned bunches of these from '61 thru '69. Best pure stock one I had
>came on my '69 428SCJ fastback Stang. The intake 'runners' were visably
>larger and the intake stood higher. Wish I still had it. I might be
>tempted to build another FE.(410 or larger)
>
>Azie
>Ardmore, Al.
>
>
>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 19:31:26 -0500
From: skip svic.net
Subject: FTE 61-79 - 79 f100 with 3.8v-6 conversion H*lp

Hey Guys!

I have been lurking here for a few weeks now and am thankful I found this place. I
have a F100 with a 3.8 V6 in it and want to convert to an 8 with good performance on
pump gas and one that is simple to work on. I have found a 67 ford ranch wagon
witha v8 in it and the car only has 68,000 miles on it. I dont know what size motor
it is just that it is a V8. Does anyone know what motor came in that car? Would
that be a feisable swap?
thanks for any help you can give me.

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 19:32:04 -0500
From: luxjo thecore.com
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - Broken axle?

ben wrote:
>
> I checked the u-joint on the axle and it's all wobbly and loose. Also it is
> completely dry, no lube in sight. The one on the other side is no where
> near as loose, and is covered with grease. So I guess you guy's where
> right. How much do these u-joints cost? Any special tools required to fix?
> Thanks for all the help!!

8-20$, depending on quality/strength. I have a repair procedure for
whole front end at

http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.off -road. com /4x4web/ford/bigbroncos/tech/dana44/dana44.html

For U-joint, you can usually use a big vise and a small socket on one
side and a big socket on the other (bigger than U-joint cap). If you
have to push too hard on them you may want to cut them off with sawzall
and hammer out caps seperately. If they require too force to push out
(before cutting), you could bend yokes and then will need a new axle
shaft. This is why I suggest cutting if you fail to press them out with
vise. If this is the first time they have been replaced, they may be
stubborn.

OX
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:40:06 -0800
From: MC
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - 4V intakes for FE

The Freeman Family wrote:

> I just bought a 3x2 aluminum intake for an FE.

Just out of curiosity, what is a 3x2 intake?
- --
Matt Cozad
1994 Toyota 4Runner 4x4 "Yoda"
1970 F100 4x4 "Jabba the Truck"
1969 F100 4x4 "Spare Parts"


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 19:45:30 -0500
From: "The Freeman Family"
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - 4V intakes for FE

It's an intake that accepts 3 two barrel carbs. A 2v is a two barrel
intake, 4v is a four barrel intake. 2x4v is a two four barrel intake. Just
for grins the v stands for venturi.

Later,

- -Ted
- -----Original Message-----
From: MC
To: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
Date: Tuesday, December 22, 1998 7:41 PM
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - 4V intakes for FE


>The Freeman Family wrote:
>
>> I just bought a 3x2 aluminum intake for an FE.
>
>Just out of curiosity, what is a 3x2 intake?
>--
>Matt Cozad
>1994 Toyota 4Runner 4x4 "Yoda"
>1970 F100 4x4 "Jabba the Truck"
>1969 F100 4x4 "Spare Parts"
>
>
>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 17:04:14 -0800
From: MC
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - 4V intakes for FE

The Freeman Family wrote:

> It's an intake that accepts 3 two barrel carbs. A 2v is a two barrel
> intake, 4v is a four barrel intake. 2x4v is a two four barrel intake. Just
> for grins the v stands for venturi.
>
> Later,
>
> -Ted

Thanks Ted. I have been wondering about the 2v/4v thing too, but never
bothered to ask. And since I'm asking questions, what are the advantages to
having multiple carbs? Why three 2v's? Why not one big 4v? I have 2 Edelbrock
Performer series 750cfm 4v's. If I found an intake to bolt them both to my 390
at the same time, what could I expect?

- --
Matt Cozad
1994 Toyota 4Runner 4x4 "Yoda"
1970 F100 4x4 "Jabba the Truck"
1969 F100 4x4 "Spare Parts"


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 19:59:43 -0500
From: j arnold
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - 460 ID Help needed

The 460 in your truck is a 1971 model, lower deck height then the 78 model,
and I am not sure, but I do not believe it was offered in a truck in 1971,
so you have a car engine. Different oil pan, so probably different shaft
lengths on the oil pump.

- --Bud (son of Stoney)
1979 F-250 429 Police Interceptor, T-18
1976 F-100 302, 3-speed (For Sale)


At 01:35 PM 12/22/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I have a ENGINE ID of DIVE-S015-A2B that came out of a 78 Ford F250 body.
>
>The problem I have is that I ordered a PAW kit for a 460 and the oil pump
>leg is longer then the original. Did Ford use different pump lengths and
>thus different oil pump shaft lengths in various 460s? I suspect I have a
>460 from a different year or maybe even a car. Maybe PAW just sent a wrong
>Ford oil pump.
>
>Any help is appreciated!
>
>Matt
>
>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>
>

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 17:05:36 -0800
From: "sam weatherby"
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - 4V intakes for FE

>having multiple carbs? Why three 2v's? Why not one big 4v? I have 2
Edelbrock
>Performer series 750cfm 4v's. If I found an intake to bolt them both to my
390
>at the same time, what could I expect?
>


Normally this setup has progressive linkages. So you can drive around town
all day getting good mileage using just 1 2v carb. But when needed the
additional carbs can kick in.
This is similar to what a 4V carb does. Just more seperated.

Some Cobra's had 4x2v carburation... Makes tuning fun!
-srw

Sam Weatherby http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://insert.com/sammy
SWeatherby UsWest.Net A-SamWe Microsoft.com
'70 Grabber Sportsroof Mustang
'93 F-150 XLT Lightning
'98 HD FXD Super Glide
'78 Monarch
'65 F100


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 20:14:25 EST
From: BDIJXS aol.com
Subject: FTE 61-79 - Body Mount Part Numbers?

Does anyone have the Ford part numbers for: 1978 F-250 4x4, front body mount
(near radiator) inserts? I don't need the rubber parts (have some urethane set
already), but the "sleeves" that taper fit together and go through the frame.

I was also hoping to get the numbers for the same pieces, but for the front of
the cab....

Colorado Jeff
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 20:12:53 -0500
From: j arnold
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - 79 f100 with 3.8v-6 conversion H*lp

WHOA!!! I've got a question for you? Did you buy this truck with the 3.8
in it? I am for sure that it is not stock, as I think the "v-6" did not
appear until the 80's. So, what modifications have been done? What type
of tranny is behind it?

- --Bud (son of Stoney)
1979 F-250 429 Police Interceptor, T-18
1976 F-100 302, 3-speed (For Sale)

At 07:31 PM 12/22/98 -0500, you wrote:
>
>
>Hey Guys!
>
>I have been lurking here for a few weeks now and am thankful I found this
place. I
>have a F100 with a 3.8 V6 in it and want to convert to an 8 with good
performance on
>pump gas and one that is simple to work on. I have found a 67 ford ranch
wagon
>witha v8 in it and the car only has 68,000 miles on it. I dont know what
size motor
>it is just that it is a V8. Does anyone know what motor came in that car?
Would
>that be a feisable swap?
>thanks for any help you can give me.
>
>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>
>

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 20:24:19 EST
From: JUMPINFORD aol.com
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - 79 f100 with 3.8v-6 conversion H*lp

In a message dated 12/22/98 4:41:15 PM Pacific Standard Time, skip svic.net
writes:


with a v8 in it and the car only has 68,000 miles on it. >>

My guess would be a 289. The Ranch Wagon was the bare bones model Station
wagon. My first car was a 68 Ranch Wagon. It had a 302 in it, but since the
302 wasn't available in 67, I doubt thats what it is.

Darrell Duggan
74 F-350 "Tweety"
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 20:28:04 EST
From: JUMPINFORD aol.com
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - 4V intakes for FE

In a message dated 12/22/98 4:43:01 PM Pacific Standard Time,
draygo pacifier.com writes:

>

Set up for 3 2v carbs. The most popular engine I know of that used this was
the 440 six-pack from Chrysler, but I think thats how the Ford 406 Tri-Power
got its name, but I dont know for sure. (Thats your cue Azie)
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 20:41:42 EST
From: OldTrux aol.com
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - Broken axle?

In a message dated 12/22/98 4:19:32 PM Central Standard Time, stevee itis.com
writes:

> How much do these u-joints cost? Any special tools required to fix?
Cost $8-$12, no special tools other than the socket to remove the
spindle/bearing nut. Takes some time but not too difficult.
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 20:58:46 -0500
From: "Leslie O Mehaffey"
Subject: FTE 61-79 - Need Help

Hello all list members.
I am 16 and I recently inherited my deceased grandfathers '79 F-150 Explorer
p/u. I am fixing it up and gonna try and get it on the road by the end of
January or Febuary. I have been doing some body work (removing some minor
rust above the wheels on the fenders and lower parts of the doors) and the
truck came from the factory painted a cream or off-white with these orange
stripes on the hood and also they run the length of the truck. I am trying
to remove these so I can prime the truck. I have been using a putty knife
that I grinded the tip sharp. This is hard and very time consuming and I am
seeking something easier that will remove them. I am not concerned about the
paint since I am planning on having it primer gray. Any suggestions or tips
would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks,
Virginia Jeff
'79 F-150 302

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 18:57:24 -0800
From: Mike Pacheco
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - Need Help

I used decal remover, you can purchase it from a body supply house..

Mike in Seattle

Leslie O Mehaffey wrote:

> Hello all list members.
> I am 16 and I recently inherited my deceased grandfathers '79 F-150 Explorer
> p/u. I am fixing it up and gonna try and get it on the road by the end of
> January or Febuary. I have been doing some body work (removing some minor
> rust above the wheels on the fenders and lower parts of the doors) and the
> truck came from the factory painted a cream or off-white with these orange
> stripes on the hood and also they run the length of the truck. I am trying
> to remove these so I can prime the truck. I have been using a putty knife
> that I grinded the tip sharp. This is hard and very time consuming and I am
> seeking something easier that will remove them. I am not concerned about the
> paint since I am planning on having it primer gray. Any suggestions or tips
> would be greatly appreciated!!
> Thanks,
> Virginia Jeff
> '79 F-150 302
>
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html



== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 22:36:13 EST
From: JJJJJGRANT aol.com
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - 460 ID Help needed

429cj and pi had a bolt on pickup, and 4x4's and vans should have a rear sump
pan,
mine did and it had a bolt on tube.
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 19:47:26 -0800
From: "Deacon"
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - 4V intakes for FE

>Set up for 3 2v carbs. The most popular engine I know of that used
this was
>the 440 six-pack from Chrysler, but I think thats how the Ford 406
Tri-Power
>got its name, but I dont know for sure. (Thats your cue Azie)

A six pack has six singles. HRer's used those turned out stacks that
looked so bad! :] Tri-Power is three duce's. Also an eye catcher.


Deacon
deconblu ford-trucks.com
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://home.earthlink.net/~deconblu/
==========================================
I don't lie, cheat or steal unnecessarily.
==========================================


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 20:12:53 -0800
From: "Doug Neely"
Subject: FTE 61-79 - Need help

Have you tried using a heat gun with the scraper?

Cheers,
Doug


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.