61-79-list-digest Thursday, May 21 1998 Volume 02 : Number 295



=======================================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1961-1979 Trucks and Vans
Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To unsubscribe, send email to:
majordomo ford-trucks.com
with the words "unsubscribe 61-79-list-digest" in the body of the
message.
=======================================================================
In this issue:

FTE 61-79 - Jerky starts
FTE 61-79 - Autolite spreadbore
Re: was FTE 61-79 - CUBA now Dana 21
Re: FTE 61-79 - Autolite spreadbore
Re: FTE 61-79 - new member
FTE 61-79 - transfercases 205/203
Re: FTE 61-79 - Whippin' Post
Re: FTE 61-79 - Autolite spreadbore
Re: was FTE 61-79 - CUBA now Dana 21
Re: was FTE 61-79 - CUBA now Dana 21
FTE 61-79 - Aluminum Intake for 390
Re: FTE 61-79 - 203 transfer case problems - Thanks
Re: FTE 61-79 - new member
FTE 61-79 - ford truck parts for sale,cleaning garage
Re: FTE 61-79 - rear end ID
FTE 61-79 - 66 Dash Wiring Problem
Re: FTE 61-79 - 63' Front disks?
Re: FTE 61-79 - Whippin' Post
FTE 61-79 - Re: Carbs/Adapters
Re: FTE 61-79 - Whippin' Post
Re: FTE 61-79 - Autolite carbs

=======================================================================

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 08:44:59 -0400
From: am14 chrysler.com
Subject: FTE 61-79 - Jerky starts

Bill writes: >>It seems like the engine just isn't connected to the
drivetrain at first then... jerk, and away it goes. No apparent noise.

The tranny is going into neutral - not the shift - the tranny. You may be
idled too slow, or the filter/pickup could be partially clogged. A
fluid/filter change might help. If this keeps up, look for far more
serious things to start to happen. You are losing fluid pressure and "that
ain't good". Pressure is what keeps an automatic alive and operational.

All JMHO.

Azie
Ardmore, Al.


= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 08:58:09 -0400
From: am14 chrysler.com
Subject: FTE 61-79 - Autolite spreadbore

Marko writes: >>Azie, I said tell me more! What's the bore sizes, do you
need a spreadbore manifold or is it a hybrid 1.08/1.12" model, what kinda
cars were they originally installed on, what cfm do they move, etc. etc.

I'll have to look. I don't remember my name very well sometimes, much less
anything else. I'll look this weekend and let you know all the specifics.
- - boresize - autolite # and FOMOCO # on tag (if it has one). You do need a
spreadbore manifold, but Gary once said that the FOMOCO spreadbore and the
rest of the worlds spreadbores use a different spreadbore pattern. I don't
know, but I can easily check since I have a few old Thermoquads laying
around for my MOPARs.

Azie
Ardmore, Al.


= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 08:02:29 -0600 (CST)
From: Stu Varner
Subject: Re: was FTE 61-79 - CUBA now Dana 21

I'll check out what the prices are for the Havana's and
>>how many I can bring back with me or ship back to someone. I'll be back on
>>the list before then and let everyone know what's up. Yeah you to Stu. Ken
>>thanks alot for having me, I'll be back.

Sounds like the Terminator has been shipped off to Cuba. Good luck and stay
safe!!!
Knock Fidel around a little for me, that pinko beard wearin' commie...... :/

>
>Save some of those Havana's for me! No kidding. Tony, come back soon,
>and don't forget to check out the archives to see what you missed.

Ken, What are you doin' hornin' in on my Cuban cigars?????????
:) Reckon there will be enough to go around for the both of us??

New question for Transfer case people. My NP 435 / Dana 21 married trans
case is cleaned and ready to paint. When I yanked it out in February, It
was working perfectly.
What do I need to do to it to make it ready for the reinstall? It has only
82,000 miles on it and probably never saw 4 wheel drive but once or twice.
New front seal?
It is a little leaky there where the 4 bolts are attached to the input
shaft/case. Everything else seems to be great? I just hate to reinstall
and then have problems a few months down the road, a little preventative
maintenance goes along way!
Thanks fellers! BTW. it was starnge to see the yokes on the NP435 and Dana
21 were painted green, Transmission painted red. Very bizarre color
combination. The yoke on the rear axle was ford blue........yoke on front
axle black. I am striving for a considerable amount of stock originality
if you can confirm this I'd like to know.
>
Stu
Nuke GM!

visit my homepage at http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.pscico.com/stu
all summer long, still working on summer email!! I am trying, I hate to
think Ken will get my cigars and william Ballinger will have to take my
place fishin with Deacon.
:)

= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 08:22:56 -0600 (CST)
From: Stu Varner
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - Autolite spreadbore

At 08:58 AM 5/21/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Marko writes: >>Azie, I said tell me more! What's the bore sizes, do you
>need a spreadbore manifold or is it a hybrid 1.08/1.12" model, what kinda
>cars were they originally installed on, what cfm do they move, etc. etc.
>
>I'll have to look. I don't remember my name very well sometimes, much less
>anything else. I'll look this weekend and let you know all the specifics.
>- boresize - autolite # and FOMOCO # on tag (if it has one). You do need a
>spreadbore manifold, but Gary once said that the FOMOCO spreadbore and the
>rest of the worlds spreadbores use a different spreadbore pattern. I don't
>know, but I can easily check since I have a few old Thermoquads laying
>around for my MOPARs.
>
Pony Carbs is building a spreadore from a 4100 Autolite. No spreadbore
manifold needed. They have the details on their website, don't have it off
hand. Apparently they are doing alot of reworking of the guts to get it to
perform like a spreadbore. I think they are about 280 bucks rebuilt Hot
tested and ready to slap on top of your favorite engine. This route would
save the spreadbore manifold costs. Just a thought.
Stu
Nuke GM!

= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 08:36:53 -0600 (CST)
From: Stu Varner
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - new member

At 03:12 PM 5/20/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Thanks, guys for the info on my '71 f-100. i'm new to the mailing list
>and i've been reading with interest the topics discussed here.
>
>So Stu, I was told you had some experience with Edelbrock intakes.

I have absolutely no experience with edlebroke stuff.
I think it may be Steve D. you are wanting to chat with re: this.

I have a D5TZ casting, iron low riser manifold and a C4 casting (1964) 4100
Autolite carb that are going on top of my 390 this fall. I like the
autolite carbs a whole bunch! Call me oldfashioned with the carbs........
sorry Azie. :) I am!!!!

>what's the story?
You are quite possibly misinformed? I'll bet that derned Deacon did it.
Rats on him!
>I'm looking for a replacement for the factory one on
>my 352.
Go to a junk yard and get a cast one and have it hot tanked and scrubbed up.
they flow
as well as the edlebrock intakes, they just weigh a little more, ok, a lot more.

>Great job on your website, by the way. Clean and well laid out.
Tony Marino did it. I just supplied the info. Go to Tony's link on my
site and check out his herd of Effies! He just got a new one this weekend
from Montana! A 70 model 4x4. I want him to share with the group but he's
still sleeping from being awake 45 hours straight. Kids today just aren';t
as tuff as they used to be!

Stu
Nuke GM!

= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 09:41:51 -0400
From: am14 chrysler.com
Subject: FTE 61-79 - transfercases 205/203

Mark & Evan write: >>I am going to try to find a divorced 205 and hope it
goes in without too many problems. Anybody know how it bolts in compared
to my 203? Will I need different mounting brackets, driveshafts, ect?

I don't know what vehicle you have so this may be illerevant.

I changed a '76 F150 from mated 203 to mated 205. I had to have lockouts
for the hubs - front & rear driveshafts - and a different adaptor from the
transmission to the transfercase and the shifter. Was a very straight
forward swap, but took a few days. If your current 203 is divorced, and you
are getting the 205 from a vehicle of the same classification(F150 to F150
or F250 to F250) then I would think it would be a straight forward
exchange, with driveshafts and hubs and shifter being the only other
changes.

I would not try a transfer case from Dodge or Chevy. I think during those
years their front drive shafts were on the passenger side. Not sure of
this.

Azie
Ardmore, Al.


= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 08:43:11 -0600 (CST)
From: Stu Varner
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - Whippin' Post

>Stu, you just can't leave to me to this fate... I've never had the memory of
>a thigh rolled cigar to carry me through.

Quite a vivid and lasting memory! Nuf said!
(Ken, you a cigar lover? I had no idea you liked dog rockets too!)

> cause when Dr Demented breaks me, he'll
>start on you guys next.
>
Dr. Demented, er um I mean, uh Deacon, I think Ballinger has it in for you,
He writes his own lyrics and day are betta
than some you quote and write! Oh my my!!
Deacon has some competition!!!!!

>Stu, he 'da man
>He can take it better
>'Dan any body can
>yeah heay...
>
>You gonna tie me to dat whippin' post,
>You gonna have dat evil way,
>You gonna tie me to dat whippin' post,
>Fo' dat ugly debt I'm gonna pay,
>
>(screaming blues guitar solo)



= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 06:51:22 -0700
From: John MacNamara
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - Autolite spreadbore

Stu Varner wrote:

> At 08:58 AM 5/21/98 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >
> Pony Carbs is building a spreadore from a 4100 Autolite. No spreadbore
> manifold needed. They have the details on their website, don't have it off
> hand. Apparently they are doing alot of reworking of the guts to get it to
> perform like a spreadbore. I think they are about 280 bucks rebuilt Hot
> tested and ready to slap on top of your favorite engine. This route would
> save the spreadbore manifold costs. Just a thought.
> Stu
> Nuke GM!

Stu: What they are doing is squeezing the primary venturi down from 1.12" to
1.00" in effect giving smaller primary venturis and leaving the secondary's
alone.

Regards
John


= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 09:47:00 -0400
From: "John Miller"
Subject: Re: was FTE 61-79 - CUBA now Dana 21

> From: Stu Varner
> Subject: Re: was FTE 61-79 - CUBA now Dana 21

MANY

> What do I need to do to it to make it ready for the
> reinstall?
> New front seal?Everything else seems to be great? I just >hate to
reinstall and then have problems a few months down >the road, a little
preventative maintenance goes along way!

A total reseal I think for what you are doing to the truck is in order.
With this you can inspect internals. I would check for bearing condition at
the outputs at a minimum. Remove the inspection cover (do I have the
correct case here?) and do some runnout checks.


> BTW. it was starnge to see the yokes on the NP435 and Dana
> 21 were painted green, Transmission painted red. Very >bizarre color
> combination. The yoke on the rear axle was ford >blue........yoke on
front
> axle black. I am striving for a considerable amount of >stock
originality
> if you can confirm this I'd like to know.


I will do what I can to find the article I had saved about this very thing
in a Mustang Mag. Seems that one of Fords cost savings efforts was to use
leftover paint on any and all areas under the vehicle. depending on day,
shift, plant etc etc. you could have any number of colors on any number of
components in the chassis. This was a well documented article with back-up
being a '70 Stang with only 3000 miles on it and never outside the garage.
It was amazing the colors found in the chassis of just one car.


I sure hope you get something worked out for email, seems like America's
teachers should have WWW access at all times paid for by the school
systems. I mean you do more than use it for Ford Trucks right ???.... :)


John Miller, FoMoCoNUT Gibralter.net
96 F-350 Reg Cab XLT, 4x4, 460 w/ A4OD, My Baby "Baloo"
75 F-100 Reg Cab Ranger, 2wd, 360, C6, Daily Driver " Lucy"
and "always" looking ! ! !
= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 09:04:07 -0600 (CST)
From: Stu Varner
Subject: Re: was FTE 61-79 - CUBA now Dana 21

>> What do I need to do to it to make it ready for the
>> reinstall?
>> New front seal?Everything else seems to be great? I just >hate to
>reinstall and then have problems a few months down >the road, a little
>preventative maintenance goes along way!
>
>A total reseal I think for what you are doing to the truck is in order.
>With this you can inspect internals. I would check for bearing condition at
>the outputs at a minimum. Remove the inspection cover (do I have the
>correct case here?) and do some runnout checks.

Good advice here! Thanks John. I just got my shop manuals (5Vol. set from
canada)
So I will be able to check this out and have aguide.

>> BTW. it was starnge to see the yokes on the NP435 and Dana
>> 21 were painted green, Transmission painted red. Very >bizarre color
>> combination. The yoke on the rear axle was ford >blue........yoke on
>front
>> axle black. I am striving for a considerable amount of >stock
>originality
>> if you can confirm this I'd like to know.
>
>
>I will do what I can to find the article I had saved about this very thing
>in a Mustang Mag. Seems that one of Fords cost savings efforts was to use
>leftover paint on any and all areas under the vehicle. depending on day,
>shift, plant etc etc. you could have any number of colors on any number of
>components in the chassis. This was a well documented article with back-up
>being a '70 Stang with only 3000 miles on it and never outside the garage.
>It was amazing the colors found in the chassis of just one car.


If you can scan the text only and send I would appreciate it very much!
If not would you send snail mail to me. Bless you!!

the green looks like John Deere Green and the blue looks like Ford / Petty
grabber blue.
The red, ? HHMMM> Good question, it looks like a red / orange puke.


>
>
>I sure hope you get something worked out for email, seems like America's
>teachers should have WWW access at all times paid for by the school
>systems. I mean you do more than use it for Ford Trucks right ???.... :)

er uh yeah , right, I use it to teach all kinds of things uh like uh
science and uh trucks and uh ......I better stop this and leave now ......is
it too late to take the 5th amendment?


Stu
Nuke GM!

= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 07:14:15 -0700
From: John MacNamara
Subject: FTE 61-79 - Aluminum Intake for 390

Hello: For those people who would like an option to the Ford and
Edlbrock aluminum 4bl intakes for the 390, I have scanned an image of
the Ford Power Parts intake. If you email me privately, I can send the
picture.


Thanks
John

78 F250 4X4 Supercab
67 GT500

= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 10:13:14 -0400
From: luxjo thecore.com
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - 203 transfer case problems - Thanks

Mike & Evan wrote:
>
> Thank you for your help and advice!
>
> I am going to try to find a divorced 205 and hope it goes in without too
> many problems. Anybody know how it bolts in compared to my 203?

I am picking up a 79 F-250 (has 205 ) this week. I will be parting out
entire drivetrain (well, I might keep axles). Anyway, I live in central
Jersey and truck is auto if your interested. I have driven truck and it
seems everything works OK.

OX
= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 10:25:40 -0400
From: Tony Marino
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - new member

Thanks OLD MAN!! 8-)

Yeah, I might as well tell you guys that I added another truck to my
collection making 4 now. It's a '70 as Stu said, shortbed, stepside, 4x4
with a NP435, NP203, and another I-6! One owner, bone stock down to the
rims, and I bought it in Montana. I live in Ohio and drove out there to
pick it up. I couldn't believe the number of old vehicles I saw from S.
Dakota on to Montana. Hundreds of old fords in people's back yards with no
rust, and ALL 4x4's!

I got a sweet deal on the truck, I left my checkbook at home on accident
and the people were kind enough to let me take the truck home without even
paying them, and that evening they also treated me and my friend to a prime
rib steak dinner and homemade chocolate chip cookies! It's nice to know
that there are still great people out there. I'll be adding pictures and
the whole trip experience to my web page here soon, as soon as I pick all
of the bugs out of my eyes and teeth from the trip! I'm sure I'll be
asking a lot of questions here coming up, I'm a 73-79 man myself, but this
truck is going to get the total resto just like the other.

Tony
tony pscico.com
www.pscico.com/~tony
- ----------------------------------

>>Great job on your website, by the way. Clean and well laid out.
>Tony Marino did it. I just supplied the info. Go to Tony's link on my
>site and check out his herd of Effies! He just got a new one this weekend
>from Montana! A 70 model 4x4. I want him to share with the group but he's
>still sleeping from being awake 45 hours straight. Kids today just aren';t
>as tuff as they used to be!
>
>Stu
>Nuke GM!
>

= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 10:44:52 EDT
From: BDIJXS
Subject: FTE 61-79 - ford truck parts for sale,cleaning garage

Hey Mike in Seattle,

I'm not sure if those swaybars will fit the rear axle on your 72. The reason
is that the rear springs (and the shocks, I think) are spaced differently
between the 72 and 79.....but you never know....

Colorado Jeff
= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 10:57:33 +0000
From: "Gary, 78 BBB"
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - rear end ID

> From: GMPACHECO
> Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 19:45:15 EDT
> Subject: FTE 61-79 - rear end ID

> 2nd request... does anyone know what this rear end is from..... and
> the ratios ?
>
> WDM-AC 1JE
> 3 25 8 7 334A

open, 3.25 same as used in lincoln's

78 F-150, 2wd, 460, C-6, 235's
78 Bronco 351M, Np 435, Np 205, 33's
78 Lincoln Town Car, 460, C-6, 19.5' long!

- -- Gary --
= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 09:58:59 -0500
From: Mike Warren
Subject: FTE 61-79 - 66 Dash Wiring Problem

After removing my dash on my 66 Ford F-100 to find the problem with my
speedometer, I realized that I had not marked where any of the wires go.
It also appears that there are many loos wires and spliced wires that I
do not know where they go or if the connect to anything

here are the wire color codes, If anybody knows what any of the
connections go to, please let me know - I am working on a master list
that I hope I will be able to post on the Web

Thanks
Mike

Black / Grn Stripe -> Blue Wire

Blk / Grn Stripe (screw connector) - I think this goes to the Fuel Guage
- - but unsure what side (E or F) - Also a Red Wire is spliced to this
wire - looks like it connects to one of the prongs located above the
speedometer

Orange - I think this also goes to the fuel guage

Lt Blue / Red - Looks like a bulb connection

Blk / Green Stripe connects to a bulb housing, then connected to a
Yellow/Blk stripe wire

Lt Green / Blk stripe - bulb connection

Lt green / white stripe - bilb connector - to a white / blue stripe wire

Blue / Red Stripe

Blk w/ Green Stripe

Blk w/ Green Stripe - screw connector

White w/ Red - Bulb connection

Red w/ White

2 Blue w/ Red Wires - taped together

Brown Wire

Yellow / Blk - spliced to red Wire

Blue Wire - connecting to Flasher with Red Wire and Orange Wire comming
from that

Yellow Wire connected to Dash

= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 11:02:47 -0400
From: Ken Payne
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - 63' Front disks?

At 08:46 PM 5/20/98 PDT, you wrote:
>Does anyone know of a year of disks that are easy to adapt to a 63 f-100
>2wd? It has the stock front axle, and I'd like to keep it bolt on
>possible. I see kits for 50's fords all the time, but nothing that says
>it's for 63's. Any info., or experience with this?
> Kevin
> 63' F-100
> Y-Blocks Rule!!
>

Kevin,
I don't think you're going to find any brakes "easy to adapt" for
your truck. If it was older, the kits are available. If it was
a 65-72, you could simply swap out the spindles from a 73-79
(there's a conversion guide on the web site for this swap).
Any one have experience with doing this on the early 60s rigs?

Ken


= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 11:09:33 -0400
From: Ken Payne
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - Whippin' Post

At 08:43 AM 5/21/98 -0600, you wrote:
- -snip-
>Quite a vivid and lasting memory! Nuf said!
>(Ken, you a cigar lover? I had no idea you liked dog rockets too!)

You should have seen the monsterous Dominican cigar I smoked at
the show. Its the only trendy thing I do. I almost always buy
a different cigar every time, I like experiencing something new
with each smoke.

>
>> cause when Dr Demented breaks me, he'll
>>start on you guys next.
>>
>Dr. Demented, er um I mean, uh Deacon, I think Ballinger has it in for you,
>He writes his own lyrics and day are betta
>than some you quote and write! Oh my my!!
>Deacon has some competition!!!!!

Oh, get outta town quick. There's only room for one Deacon. Showdown!

- -snip-

Deacon, saw your post on carbs. I didn't know you had carb
experience. Looks like I started a monsterous thread with
my carb question. I'm almost as confused now as I was when
I started! I'm probably going to go with the Edelbrock, it
sounds like its the easiest to work with.

Ken


= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 10:18:32 -0500
From: ballingr ldd.net (William L Ballinger)
Subject: FTE 61-79 - Re: Carbs/Adapters

>>adapter which has been called into question by a fellow list member (please
>>tell me more about why it's detrimental, I really want more info)

I thought it was Gary but wasn't sure. I am curious about the detrimental
effect of this style adapter. I want the best working one, if I need to find
a different style adapter, what would it be? It seems to work great like it
is, but if theres a better adapter available I want it.

Come on over to my Back Porch
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.ldd.net/scribers/ballingr
Ballinger
ballingr ldd.net

= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 08:34:16 -0700
From: Dennis Pearson
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - Whippin' Post

Thanks for your message at 11:09 AM 5/21/98 -0400, Ken Payne. Your message
was:
>At 08:43 AM 5/21/98 -0600, you wrote:
>-snip-
>>Quite a vivid and lasting memory! Nuf said!
>>(Ken, you a cigar lover? I had no idea you liked dog rockets too!)
>
>You should have seen the monsterous Dominican cigar I smoked at
>the show. Its the only trendy thing I do. I almost always buy
>a different cigar every time, I like experiencing something new
>with each smoke.

Does the name "Freud" ring a bell? (Also, see Subject:).

= Ford Truck Enthusiasts ==============================================
Send posts to: 61-79-list ford-trucks.com
Send unsubscribe requests to: majordomo ford-trucks.com with
"unsubscribe 61-79-list" in the message body.
=======================================================================

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 10:55:57 -0600 (CST)
From: Stu Varner
Subject: Re: FTE 61-79 - Autolite carbs

I am not even going to mention Frued and cigars in the same month.
Oh my!
>Oh, get outta town quick. There's only room for one Deacon. Showdown!
>
>-snip-

Deacon, what do you think about rorad trip east with Keith, marko and me to
the nats
in Tenn?
>
>Deacon, saw your post on carbs. I didn't know you had carb
>experience. Looks like I started a monsterous thread with
>my carb question. I'm almost as confused now as I was when
>I started! I'm probably going to go with the Edelbrock, it
>sounds like its the easiest to work with.
....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.